Bitcoin Forum
July 06, 2024, 11:41:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: should we start a new thread with a clean op? ...
yes ...
no ...
dont care ...

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [DRZ-V3] [DROIDZ-V3] [ANTI-INSTAMINE] - A FRESH NEW START - WALLET 3.0.1  (Read 39827 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
drays
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1073

View Profile
February 25, 2016, 06:34:52 PM
Last edit: February 25, 2016, 06:50:08 PM by drays

I would like to note once again - 25K is too big amount IMHO, due to few reasons. I believe the old agreed number (10K) would be better for Droidz, especially in current situation. Would be nice to organize a poll on this.

Here are some details on why I tell so... I cannot be 100% sure 10K would be better amount, but I feel that way due to the following:

- bigger amounts are good only for whales - so they can use their position to further increase their share and completely dominate. As far as I understand the MN has twice bigger effect on overall supply than the regular staking (10% for MN vs just 5% for stakers). So the ones who own masternodes, will have bigger advantege than stakers. Rich will become richer, poor will become poorer (due to his share decreasing). That's not healthy and will draw away smaller investors, who actually create community.

- in current situation, when big amount of supply is in wrong hands (people who stole the coins), we have some "rich", who are not interested in project, just want to get as much money as they can in exchange of their loot. We need to minimize effect of those persons (by giving more chances to the smaller investors), so they have to spend a lot of resources (aka servers computational power) to run many masternodes, and finally could want to dump their stash instead. The sooner they dump it, the better is for honest community members.

- masternodes should not be a privilege for the rich. They are fun to run, and this fun should help to attract more people, regardless of their share.

We need to make DRZ a fair coin. With bigger MN amount I don't feel it is fair.

And one more point: I know someone (for example crysx Smiley) could bring his own arguments, which may sound pretty good, and they might be better than mine. I really don't want to carry lengthy discussions over this, actually I don't want to argue at all, because (a) I don't see much value in arguments over a topic which is pretty much unknown to both parties, and (b) as I said I am not 100% sure in what I tell above. I just wanted my opinion to be heard, and I want the number to be chosen by community (via a poll, for example), rather just set by the devs, even if they do what they consider to be the best for the project.

Isn't this a community project after all? Smiley

... this space is not for rent ...
Klaasje
Legendary

Activity: 1080
Merit: 1000

BTC - 14ZVqS5UGqhY77d5u9aUSW24ipRJ2g9wmm

View Profile
February 25, 2016, 06:55:53 PM

I would like to note once again - 25K is too big amount IMHO, due to few reasons. I believe the old agreed number (10K) would be better for Droidz, especially in current situation. Would be nice to organize a poll on this.

Here are some details on why I tell so... I cannot be 100% sure 10K would be better amount, but I feel that way due to the following:

- bigger amounts are good only for whales - so they can use their position to further increase their share and completely dominate. As far as I understand the MN has twice bigger effect on overall supply than the regular staking (10% for MN vs just 5% for stakers). So the ones who own masternodes, will have bigger advantege than stakers. Rich will become richer, poor will become poorer (due to his share decreasing). That's not healthy and will draw away smaller investors, who actually create community.

- in current situation, when big amount of supply is in wrong hands (people who stole the coins), we have some "rich", who are not interested in project, just want to get as much money as they can in exchange of their loot. We need to minimize effect of those persons (by giving more chances to the smaller investors), so they have to spend a lot of resources (aka servers computational power) to run many masternodes, and finally could want to dump their stash instead. The sooner they dump it, the better is for honest community members.

- masternodes should not be a privilege for the rich. They are fun to run, and this fun should help to attract more people, regardless of their share.

And one more point: I know someone (for example crysx Smiley) could bring his own arguments, which may sound pretty good, and they might be better than mine. I really don't want to carry lengthy discussions over this, actually I don't want to argue at all, because (a) I don't see much value in arguments over a topic which is pretty much unknown to both parties, and (b) as I said I am not 100% sure in what I tell above. I just wanted my opinion to be heard, and I want the number to be chosen by community (via a poll, for example), rather just set by the devs, even if they do what they consider to be the best for the project.

At some things your right but!
Iff MN are cheaper the so called "rich" just make more MN dont you think? And so the rich get richer it will stay the same in the end

Bitcoin - 14ZVqS5UGqhY77d5u9aUSW24ipRJ2g9wmm
psychofractor

Activity: 137
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 25, 2016, 07:58:04 PM

Wut? My 2.5 wallet started staking even though the wallet was locked!

Now I can't move the rest of my coins... The blockchain moves so slowly that I afraid I won't get the confimations I need, then what? I unlocked the wallet to help others move along as well.

Is there a way to stop staking other than a locked wallet (which didn't help)?

@PsychoFractor
BTC 1CVirdfUpJLXTeFiRtgi2BRJmkUu4q2YjC   CBX 5nqST1iUnGj62MQxjGEn6i2uKgzZCpMaFi   DMD dMctVv2u1PN8tN2gwyzVgV7piUx2gvR1CD
CryptoMaik

Activity: 594
Merit: 500

Blockchain entrepreneur✔

View Profile
February 25, 2016, 08:03:53 PM

Now I can't move the rest of my coins... The blockchain moves so slowly that I afraid I won't get the confimations I need, then what? I unlocked the wallet to help others move along as well.

Add
staking=0

to your conf file

CryptoMaik ✔
drays
Legendary

View Profile
February 25, 2016, 08:23:38 PM

Add
staking=0

to your conf file

Or reserve an amount bigger than you have (Options->Main-Reserve). I also have some coins stuck in staking. I believe they will go out of staking in about 7-8 hours, if the network stakes with the same speed.

drays
Legendary

View Profile
February 25, 2016, 08:26:43 PM

At some things your right but!
Iff MN are cheaper the so called "rich" just make more MN dont you think? And so the rich get richer it will stay the same in the end

Not exactly Smiley

yes, "rich" will have 10 MN, "poor" will have just 1 MN..
BUT!
But their shares in the supply will increase at the same rate, so both rich and poor have exactly the same chances!

While if "poor" doesn't have MN at all, he has to just stake, and the stake interest is much less than MN interest, so his share will decrease over time.

CryptoMaik

Activity: 594

Blockchain entrepreneur✔

View Profile
February 25, 2016, 10:19:19 PM

wait 24 hs. Wink
Nothing happens, still 0 unconfirmed and no swapping.

CryptoMaik ✔
GREEDYJOHN
Legendary

Activity: 1778

View Profile
February 25, 2016, 11:21:57 PM

I am happy that this coin is gathering momentum

drays
Legendary

View Profile
February 26, 2016, 12:12:40 AM

wait 24 hs. Wink
Nothing happens, still 0 unconfirmed and no swapping.

Looks like your transaction did not go through by some reason, and your coins are still in your wallet.
Try to restart the wallet with "-salvagewallet" parameter, you will see your coins still on your balance. Then make sure you are synced and have at least 2-3 connections, and make your transaction again.

GREEDYJOHN
Legendary

View Profile
February 26, 2016, 01:12:39 AM
Last edit: February 26, 2016, 01:33:59 AM by GREEDYJOHN

I understand your argument, but people still have the chance to own a masternode, it will cost only 25k DRZ.

crysx already mentioned that coins with masternodes that are too cheap will always get abused. We want our masternodes to cost money, so that it costs money to earn privileged stake amounts.

The system will not be dominated by the rich. People who want to earn privileged stake need to pay for it. I hope that all the cheap Droidz get scooped up as soon as the swap process is complete.

Remember that coins in Masternodes are locked away from the system and cannot be spent. A high masternode value will encourage whales to keep their coins in Masternodes. This will increase scarcity, which will increase price. Also, a high masternode value will discourage people from keeping all of their coins in Masternodes - we still need some coins in fluid state, that are readily traded.

A high masternode value will reduce the effects of excess "run away" inflation. In the distant future, when DRZ has a coinage of 20m (this will take over 10 years compound interest), a masternode value of 25k DRZ will become more reasonable.
However, if we have a very low masternode value now, the masternodes may become unmanageable in the future, when coinage has vastly increased.

soopy452000
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1001

Founder - NavCoin Ⓝ

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2016, 05:33:44 AM

Backlog of a few swaps were complete successfully , I will be monitoring the process as it happens.

Warm Regards,
~SoopY~

Working/Online Times
04:00:00 GMT - 12:00:00 GMT / 00:00:00 EDT - 08:00:00 EDT

Coin Developments & Contributions 1. SherlockCoin (SHC) (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=454981) 2. [RESURRECTION] Bringing Life to Growthcoin (GRW) , Community Backed Development! (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=469464) 3. [ANN][66][New Maintainer] ★Coin 66★ (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=493987) 4. [RE-ANN] Galaxycoin Revival!-FORK AT BLOCK 255145, KGW, RANDOM BLOCK REWARDS (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=495693) 5. [RESURRECTION] Taking Astrocoin to the Moon,KGW Implemented + HARD FORK AT 17520 https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=516549 6. [RESURRECTION] Bringing Electric back to the grid, Community Backed Development! https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=514790
Klaasje
Legendary

Activity: 1080

BTC - 14ZVqS5UGqhY77d5u9aUSW24ipRJ2g9wmm

View Profile
February 26, 2016, 06:09:25 AM

Backlog of a few swaps were complete successfully , I will be monitoring the process as it happens.

Warm Regards,
~SoopY~

Nice work Soopy Wink

Any comment on the MN price?

Bitcoin - 14ZVqS5UGqhY77d5u9aUSW24ipRJ2g9wmm
endlessskill

Activity: 531

AMD | Mining | NVIDIA

View Profile
February 26, 2016, 08:10:16 AM

Received my first test swap DRZ!!!
Sending all my coins  Wink
GREEDYJOHN
Legendary

View Profile
February 26, 2016, 08:52:30 AM

Received my first test swap DRZ!!!
Sending all my coins  Wink
GOOD, please spread the word.

Sniper76

Activity: 486
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 26, 2016, 10:24:11 AM

Me too, first test swap completed within 24 hours.

Last block on v2.5 chain is 5 hours ago old. Ii it normal? (sorry if dumb question, but prefer ask)

GREEDYJOHN
Legendary

View Profile
February 26, 2016, 10:28:47 AM

Last block on v2.5 chain is 5 hours ago old. Ii it normal? (sorry if dumb question, but prefer ask)
probably because people are not staking the DRZ v2.5. Chain will not move if people have their wallets closed.

chrysophylax
Legendary

Activity: 2842
Merit: 1091

--- ChainWorks Industries ---

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2016, 10:34:14 AM

yes it is when the person that has the ALL the coins in the ONE wallet off line ( hullo soopy! ) ...

which is WHY i asked for a large number of coins to be placed into each node to keep the staking moving ... there is NO intention to swap those coins - as they too will be shut down and transfered to the burn wallet when the drz2 nodes get shutdown ... i am happy to make ALL transactions and wallet balances completely transparent to the community - so you can all see that the coins will NOT get moved and will NOT be accessible by anyone else ...

as it stands - the blockchain only moves quickly when the main drz2 wallet is online ... and that is not happening a lot ...

also - the more people that have the drz2 wallet open and staking - the better the PoS works ... its all about stake weight as well as open wallets for staking ...

this needs to change ...

trying to get soopy online on skype now ...

unless the community has objections with this ... then they can remain in the wallet soopy has control of ...

#crysx

Sniper76

Activity: 486
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 26, 2016, 10:53:16 AM

Thanks guys for information, i better understand why now Wink

I keep a look on thread for update.

GREEDYJOHN
Legendary

View Profile
February 26, 2016, 01:11:10 PM

EVERYBODY, please remember that the DEADLINE for all DROIDZ swaps is 9th March 2016, as soopy has stated earlier.

soopy cannot keep swap servers open forever, because he has other things to do with his time.

Your coins might be lost forever, if they are unswapped by 9th March 2016.

GREEDYJOHN
Legendary

View Profile
February 26, 2016, 02:04:10 PM

I repeat:

DEADLINE for all DROIDZ swaps is 9th March 2016, as soopy has stated earlier.

This date may not be extended. Unswapped coins might be lost FOREVER.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  

Jump to: