Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 05:23:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: CoinURL sold to the new owner  (Read 19818 times)
paraipan
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1004

Firstbits: 1pirata

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2013, 02:19:48 AM

Incoming text wall.

... long text...

Make sense?

Some TL;DR would be nice

BTCitcoin: An Idea Worth Saving - Q&A with bitcoins on rugatu.com - Check my rep

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mc_lovin
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

www.bitcointrading.com

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2013, 04:22:47 AM

Incoming text wall.

... long text...

Make sense?

Some TL;DR would be nice

Added.  i mean a bit anyway, no one even needs to read what I wrote, technically, 90% of it is irrelevant except the end part there is pretty relevant to CoinURL. 
xchrix

Activity: 905
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 20, 2013, 08:51:13 AM

ok so you bought coinurl with the userbase but giantdragon took the wallet? not a good deal. maybe thats because he sold it cheap..
DPony13

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 20, 2013, 09:28:12 AM

I believe Mc_lovin bought it for 50BTC

thats not cheap :/

EndTheFed123, if you had just taken the money it wouldn't have ended like this Sad
BTW this hasn't been the real DPony13 since he "came back", I just hacked this account, SirLolicon is the real DPony13 I think.
xchrix

View Profile
January 20, 2013, 10:41:51 AM

I believe Mc_lovin bought it for 50BTC

thats not cheap :/

try to outsource coding of such a script for 50 btc.. if you even find a developer i think the source would be crap.
coinurl had many features and dont forget about the whole userbase and the name! i dont know how many users were registered..

but lets say if all users have a balance of 100 btc then the real price is 150 btc.. then i agree. thats not cheap anymore Wink
Ghostofkobra

Activity: 164

View Profile
January 20, 2013, 10:47:25 AM

If i were a gambling man i would bet you that the wallet had a lot more than 100BTC,

or maybe i am overestimating Coinurl, but i think my little account had ~2btc.
(and no its not the same username as my forumname so hackers stay off.)

/GoK

giantdragon (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1002

View Profile
January 20, 2013, 03:21:12 PM

Between my announcement of the CoinURL closure and offer from the mc_lovin to buy it elapsed about 1 day, during which I got many withdrawal requests from the publishers and I have sent them payments. The vast majority of publishers' unpaid balances remaining now are micro-Bitcoins, which I can pay from my own wallet if mc_lovin will decide to reject all obligations.

The largest part of obligations are in form of unspent clicks and impressions, but as it was stated from the CoinURL inception in ToS and many times disputed on this forum, advertisers' funds are non-refundable and can be spent solely on advertising. I don't think mc_lovin will change this policy. Advertisers just will be able to continue displaying their ads.
SlickTheNick

Activity: 220

View Profile
January 20, 2013, 04:09:58 PM

Any ideas how long its going to be till its up and running?

Looking for a way to get some bitcoins for free? Check out http://earnfreebitcoins.com !
Get easy bitcoins at  https://coincontroller.com?r=eaef398b5 !
giantdragon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 20, 2013, 05:20:28 PM

I have configured CoinURL on the mc_lovin's server and it is ready to run right after DNS will be rewritten.
mc_lovin
Legendary

www.bitcointrading.com

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2013, 09:07:44 AM

I have configured CoinURL on the mc_lovin's server and it is ready to run right after DNS will be rewritten.

CoinURL will be up before you know it.  Waiting on the slow registrars to do their thing with the transfer.

cur.lv links are working.

I noticed the server started to dance a little bit with the extra load, and I doubled the memory and added a 3rd CPU core, I'll increase it further if need be, but I think it should be pretty spunky as is.  Tuning PHP and MySQL will probably go a long way too. 

Sorry for the delay!

mc_lovin
Legendary

www.bitcointrading.com

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2013, 11:16:18 AM

Good news is that CoinURL is working

Bad news is that the server just tanked despite my efforts to soup it up.  I dont even see what the bottleneck is.  I know it is some configuration that needs to be changed, standard LAMP setup is just crumbling under load. 

Moving BitcoinTrading to another host temporarily.

CoinURL can have the VPS and just eat it for the next day. 

If someone can help me tune the VPS to handle the load, I'm all ears!  Please!  GEEEEBUSSSS I thought I was being DDOS'd.   It's nuts.
MPOE-PR

Activity: 756
Merit: 522

View Profile
January 23, 2013, 12:35:23 PM

Re: customer deposts: I can't give you guys coins that I don't have, but I will likely be paying users out of pocket for this in a manner that is affordable.  The way the site was set up before, apparently, advertisers were not allowed to withdrawal at all.  I want to change things like this to allow that sort of functionality but I am not going to be able to do that especially if you guys try to all withdrawal at once, it's just not going to be feasible, and if giantdragon still had the site, apparently, he wouldn't have paid advertiser balances out anyway.  Advertisers would use their balances for advertising, and the publishers had the ability to be paid out.  If a publisher has a balance and the amount requested for withdrawal is reasonable, I'll just pay it out of pocket, but it's not like I have a massive bitcoin balance to be paying out of.  I have a very little amount of bitcoin, and after buying coinurl the amount is laughable but if the total amount of publisher withdrawals is a few BTC a week or something then I can make that happen.  Be reasonable, be patient, and this transition will be pretty seamless. 

Wait, you're the acquiring investor? This has got to be the funniest shit I read this week.

So when the site is running, and everyone requests withdrawls at once...  Be realistic.  Site is starting up with no funds and we have to work together on this one.  If you have a balance, use it for advertising like you had originally intended.  Publishers, I think I can handle the amounts that you are likely to be receiving.  I know with CoinURL I had the banners up for the whole 6 months, I got like a half million pageviews and I only netted like 0.20 BTC.

Epic. Just...epic.

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
Ghostofkobra

Activity: 164

View Profile
January 23, 2013, 12:42:10 PM

What kind of tuning are you looking at and how could someone help?

/GoK

xchrix

View Profile
January 23, 2013, 12:46:24 PM

So when the site is running, and everyone requests withdrawls at once...  Be realistic.  Site is starting up with no funds and we have to work together on this one.  If you have a balance, use it for advertising like you had originally intended.  Publishers, I think I can handle the amounts that you are likely to be receiving.  I know with CoinURL I had the banners up for the whole 6 months, I got like a half million pageviews and I only netted like 0.20 BTC.

Epic. Just...epic.

25% fee for withdrawal is even more epic!! i tried to withdar 0.1 BTC today. 0.075 are in the queue now. but the real bitcoin transaction hasnt started yet Sad
giantdragon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 23, 2013, 03:06:44 PM

i tried to withdar 0.1 BTC today. 0.075 are in the queue now. but the real bitcoin transaction hasnt started yet Sad
Give some time to the mc_lovin to normally setup the server and understand how things work here.
mc_lovin
Legendary

www.bitcointrading.com

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2013, 04:02:03 PM

So when the site is running, and everyone requests withdrawls at once...  Be realistic.  Site is starting up with no funds and we have to work together on this one.  If you have a balance, use it for advertising like you had originally intended.  Publishers, I think I can handle the amounts that you are likely to be receiving.  I know with CoinURL I had the banners up for the whole 6 months, I got like a half million pageviews and I only netted like 0.20 BTC.

Epic. Just...epic.

25% fee for withdrawal is even more epic!! i tried to withdar 0.1 BTC today. 0.075 are in the queue now. but the real bitcoin transaction hasnt started yet Sad

Dude, the 25% fee was on CoinURL since the beginning.  I haven't changed anything.  In fact, I'll be more likely to eliminate the fee than anything, quit your bitching.  Even see this thread -> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=129632.0
ShireSilver

Activity: 382
Merit: 253

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2013, 04:10:26 PM

So is there any reason why the server(s) handling ads needs to be the same one handling campaign management?

Shire Silver, a better bullion that fits in your wallet. Get some, now accepting bitcoin!
SlickTheNick

Activity: 220

View Profile
January 23, 2013, 04:18:39 PM

So when the site is running, and everyone requests withdrawls at once...  Be realistic.  Site is starting up with no funds and we have to work together on this one.  If you have a balance, use it for advertising like you had originally intended.  Publishers, I think I can handle the amounts that you are likely to be receiving.  I know with CoinURL I had the banners up for the whole 6 months, I got like a half million pageviews and I only netted like 0.20 BTC.

Epic. Just...epic.

Dude, the 25% fee was on CoinURL since the beginning.  I haven't changed anything.  In fact, I'll be more likely to eliminate the fee than anything, quit your bitching.  Even see this thread -> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=129632.0

Ya, the 25% thing always seemed pretty ridiculous to me. Especially since most bitcoin sites seme to have a theme of really low percentages on any fees. Id expect like 1 or 2%, even 5% would be fine. not a quarter of your whole earnings.. just sayin

Looking for a way to get some bitcoins for free? Check out http://earnfreebitcoins.com !
Get easy bitcoins at  https://coincontroller.com?r=eaef398b5 !
paraipan
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1004

Firstbits: 1pirata

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2013, 05:12:40 PM

CoinURL will be up before you know it.  Waiting on the slow registrars to do their thing with the transfer.

cur.lv links are working.

I noticed the server started to dance a little bit with the extra load, and I doubled the memory and added a 3rd CPU core, I'll increase it further if need be, but I think it should be pretty spunky as is.  Tuning PHP and MySQL will probably go a long way too. 

Sorry for the delay!

Nice to hear that, don't forget about memcached! It reduces the server load around 45-50%.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=78793.msg1316680#msg1316680

BTCitcoin: An Idea Worth Saving - Q&A with bitcoins on rugatu.com - Check my rep
boonies4u

Activity: 826

View Profile
January 23, 2013, 05:41:40 PM

Epic. Just...epic.

Ya, the 25% thing always seemed pretty ridiculous to me. Especially since most bitcoin sites seme to have a theme of really low percentages on any fees. Id expect like 1 or 2%, even 5% would be fine. not a quarter of your whole earnings.. just sayin

The 25% fee was only applied to withdrawn deposits and not publisher earnings IIRC.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: