Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 04:28:47 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Storing of Bitcoins is against Bitcoin.  (Read 41824 times)
Doms

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 02, 2016, 02:54:29 AM

If I can find more merchants accepting BTC, I'd be more than happy to part ways with some of them. But the thing now is, there are verly limited acceptance options of the BTC in my place. So as expected, I'm holding what little I have now and earn some while I'm still here.
boyptc

Activity: 3038
Merit: 681

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
May 02, 2016, 03:03:31 AM

Better if you just wait after halving to increase the price of bitcoins then sell those bitcoins you've got.
I think there is no such rule that storing  bitcoins is against to bitcoin federal law to government?

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
MTBTT

Activity: 504

View Profile
May 02, 2016, 04:10:24 AM

Better if you just wait after halving to increase the price of bitcoins then sell those bitcoins you've got.
I think there is no such rule that storing  bitcoins is against to bitcoin federal law to government?
I think for the moment better save bitcoin until halving come dude. yeah there are no rules to keep storing bitcoin
but at least you should have a plan to save. plan is different to the rules
delliaerd

Activity: 672

View Profile
May 02, 2016, 04:23:54 AM

I think for the moment better save bitcoin until halving come dude. yeah there are no rules to keep storing bitcoin
but at least you should have a plan to save. plan is different to the rules

Yeah store is up to the user of bitcoin self. Not as against to bitcoin. In my point of view holding bitcoin is very profitable. I mean sometimes the price of bitcoin increase highly because halving was happen.

..C..
........Finally C is .........
...........            ............
       ............            ............
...................      ....................

Wendigo
Legendary

Activity: 2604
Merit: 1036

View Profile
May 02, 2016, 04:30:35 AM

I think there is no reason to spend from your Bitcoin stash if you could use fiat instead because the price of Bitcoin could increase in the long-run and you could easily double or triple your initial investment while the price of fiat will stay the same. Or if you are doing online shopping with Bitcoin save at least half of it in a cold storage for the future. The Bitcoin economy won't be affected that much if some of the coins are not in circulation anyways.
AlexBits

Activity: 239
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 02, 2016, 07:55:35 AM

why is storing you're coins bad everyone can do with their coins what they want to do.
you don't want it because if everyone store them the value will not rise much.
mikewillda

Activity: 219
Merit: 100

CTO/Spokesman

View Profile
May 02, 2016, 08:08:28 AM

why is storing you're coins bad everyone can do with their coins what they want to do.
you don't want it because if everyone store them the value will not rise much.

If everybody stores the bitcoin, the bitcoin is useless. If a currency is useful, people can use it to buy things, it is valuable.

Never invest more than you can afford to loose.
ecashpay123

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2016, 08:33:48 AM

what is the meaning of this about bitcoin tell me. Cool
Yusif

Activity: 37

View Profile
May 07, 2016, 09:57:41 AM

I just spend some bitcoin to buy a few graphics to do some altcoin mining. I will sell the altcoin and buy back bitcoin again.
Denker
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1016

View Profile
May 07, 2016, 01:22:50 PM

what is the meaning of this about bitcoin tell me. Cool

OP wrote nonsese.
Bitcoin is whatever you want it to be.
If you wanna use it as a store of value, object of speculation (trading) or as a currency and spend it on a daily basis.It's up to you and nobody can forbid you that.
bob123
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 2481

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2016, 01:27:41 PM

If everyone would only store btc's.. then yes.. it kinda would be senseless.
But since never ever everyone is gonna do that.. no problem.

davinchi
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1058

View Profile
May 08, 2016, 09:12:06 AM

i dont think so. is it against the law to hold a local currency. i think no, but in my openion there should be a moderate strategy. if you need to buy some thing or to exchange the bitcoin you should do so. and if you think that you no need to use it you can store it.
You are true , the owner of bitcoin or other currency have the right to spend it or store it, no other person can impose him/her that to spend their money, If they felt to spend some money then they should spend otherwise no one have right over their money.
rickadone
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1024

View Profile
May 09, 2016, 02:21:28 PM

AFAIK there's nothing that have said BTCitcoin usage should be in constant circulation in order for it to work therefor storing it it won't harm or go against it. It's like forcing someone to spend their money just so it goes in the market but there's no such thing and people just like using their ordinary wallet, have a tendency to keep some of their earned money for some times, while also spend some of it.

If you mean, it's needed to go in circulation all the time, just for the sake of adoption then still a "NO" since, as long as some believe in it, there isn't a necessity for it to be used all the time.
Yeah, but let's suppose that everyone holds their bitcoins and they all believe in it. They would be hasty in trying to sell the bitcoins, because of their faith in bitcoin, and thus there would be no circulation. The lack of circulation kind of defeats the purpose because you have all this supply but no one to use it, and hence no demand. What's good is a healthy mix of circulation and holders [the selfish ones who profit from the investment].
You are also right, for the success of bitcoin we need that along with holding it we also have to circulate it in the market, like whenever we need to buy anything we have to visist only those stores who accept bitcoin as payment and so we have to buy with bitcoin.
romero121
Legendary

Activity: 3192
Merit: 1213

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live

View Profile
May 09, 2016, 04:02:07 PM

Storing doesn't seem to be against bitcoin, it just decreases the circulation. These days every user hold almost there hard earned bitcoin on the expectation of big rise on halving. Only the person who accumulates huge volume need to circulate as much possible to have a stabilized growth.

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK    
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
BlueStackz
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1028

View Profile
May 10, 2016, 06:30:49 AM

AFAIK there's nothing that have said BTCitcoin usage should be in constant circulation in order for it to work therefor storing it it won't harm or go against it. It's like forcing someone to spend their money just so it goes in the market but there's no such thing and people just like using their ordinary wallet, have a tendency to keep some of their earned money for some times, while also spend some of it.

If you mean, it's needed to go in circulation all the time, just for the sake of adoption then still a "NO" since, as long as some believe in it, there isn't a necessity for it to be used all the time.
Yeah, but let's suppose that everyone holds their bitcoins and they all believe in it. They would be hasty in trying to sell the bitcoins, because of their faith in bitcoin, and thus there would be no circulation. The lack of circulation kind of defeats the purpose because you have all this supply but no one to use it, and hence no demand. What's good is a healthy mix of circulation and holders [the selfish ones who profit from the investment].
You are also right, for the success of bitcoin we need that along with holding it we also have to circulate it in the market, like whenever we need to buy anything we have to visist only those stores who accept bitcoin as payment and so we have to buy with bitcoin.
Yeah, holding is not agaiant the law of bitcoin but if everyone started to hold bitcoin and bitcoin disappeared from the market then bitcoin will lose its value and in that case people will lose their money.
AlexBits

Activity: 239

View Profile
May 10, 2016, 07:42:59 AM

Storing of Bitcoins is against Bitcoin.
No one will offer services for Bitcoin.
Spend Your Bitcoins.
What you're saying is a little bit true. Sure money needs to roll for a nice value of the coin. But there are to many people
who just holding their coins. That's bad for the rising of the coin for sure everybody needs to let their coins rolling.
draxcter

Activity: 15

View Profile
May 10, 2016, 07:49:38 AM

I'm not sure you make a point here?.
DavidoAlto

Activity: 364

View Profile
May 19, 2016, 03:10:27 PM

Why is storing Bitcoin against Bitcoin? I think that it is the same as with money the banks and stuff do not that you safe your money at home because they want the money to go around so the economy can go on.
actmyname
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2562
Merit: 2510

Spear the bees

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2016, 09:12:38 PM

Why is storing Bitcoin against Bitcoin? I think that it is the same as with money the banks and stuff do not that you safe your money at home because they want the money to go around so the economy can go on.
Holding bitcoins is not the same as letting a bank hold your cash. Firstly, the bank will use your money to loan to others and give others money (so in essence, it is an investment) and secondly, you would give it to a centralized system that pretty much controls the currency.

This can "sort of" help the economy because the money is being used, but with bitcoins, if you simply hold them in your wallet, nothing is being circulated and thus there is no demand for them.

jacobmayes94

Activity: 364

View Profile
May 20, 2016, 09:31:25 PM

HODL or spend, its the coin holders choice, thats all I have to say on that matter : ) Like money. If many HODL and some spend, that can actually drive the price up. I think HODLing bitcoins is less dangrous than the dangrous fractional reserve banking system our economies operate on
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  

Jump to: