Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 12:10:07 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Storing of Bitcoins is against Bitcoin.  (Read 41825 times)
mrkevio

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 05, 2016, 11:36:05 AM

It is against Bitcoin because you're not spending it anymore, meaning you don't want to use it for now, but many of us cannot even do something with it. Spend it where if we have nowhere to do so?! When more countries will start supporting Bitcoin, we're going to get way more customers and a bigger price.

BingoDog

Activity: 658
Merit: 505

View Profile
October 05, 2016, 12:02:52 PM

I'm also not supporting the idea that Bitcoins should sit idle somewhere in the wallet but isn't very wise to spend all your coins either. There are lot of services and websites where you can spend your Bitcoins as well as plenty places where you can invest. And the circle is then closed, you invest some you get some.

malaj
requester

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 05, 2016, 12:15:07 PM

People are thinking that holding bitcoin wil lresult in price hike but no one thinks that if money is not in circulation then nothing gonna happen because market will become unstable only when bitcoin is in full circulation and people need bobbin to buy online goods. But people are just holding bobbin except 1 or 2. I have only 0.004 bitcoin so I think this much bitcoin is negligible because I can't buy anything with without much amount
yayayo
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1024

View Profile
October 06, 2016, 12:50:27 PM

People are thinking that holding bitcoin will result in price hike but no one thinks that if money is not in circulation then nothing gonna happen because market will become unstable only when bitcoin is in full circulation and people need bobbin to buy online goods.

I don't think that holding Bitcoin will lead to hikes in fiat valuation. In extreme case if everyone is just holding Bitcoin, there will be no price discovery at all.

One has to understand that because the total supply is fixed, Bitcoin works like a deflationary currency (albeit currently it is still inflationary, because new coins are released through mining). That makes people less likely to spend Bitcoin for non-essential goods. But as Bitcoin's buying power increases, there will be a point when people spend their coins. The last Bitcoin bubble also came with an increase in economic activity.

So, holding Bitcoin is not against Bitcoin. After all, not everyone holds Bitcoin eternally. At some point in time, spending Bitcoin will become attractive for almost everybody who still has access to his/her private keys. Bitcoin just doesn't encourage to squander money for non-essential goods like fiat does. In terms of resource usage that's a good thing.

ya.ya.yo!

..1xBit.com   Super Six..
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
..TAKE PART..
Senor.Bla

Activity: 280
Merit: 253

View Profile
October 06, 2016, 12:54:54 PM

People are thinking that holding bitcoin will result in price hike but no one thinks that if money is not in circulation then nothing gonna happen because market will become unstable only when bitcoin is in full circulation and people need bobbin to buy online goods.

I don't think that holding Bitcoin will lead to hikes in fiat valuation. In extreme case if everyone is just holding Bitcoin, there will be no price discovery at all.

One has to understand that because the total supply is fixed, Bitcoin works like a deflationary currency (albeit currently it is still inflationary, because new coins are released through mining). That makes people less likely to spend Bitcoin for non-essential goods. But as Bitcoin's buying power increases, there will be a point when people spend their coins. The last Bitcoin bubble also came with an increase in economic activity.

So, holding Bitcoin is not against Bitcoin. After all, not everyone holds Bitcoin eternally. At some point in time, spending Bitcoin will become attractive for almost everybody who still has access to his/her private keys. Bitcoin just doesn't encourage to squander money for non-essential goods like fiat does. In terms of resource usage that's a good thing.

ya.ya.yo!
i see it that way, that there are to possible way how we use bitcoin in the future.
if everyone just holds it will most likely end up as an safe investment tool like gold.
or if people start using it it could become a currency that is used in everydays life.
i guess it is up to the users to decide with their actions they take.

gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
October 06, 2016, 03:25:36 PM

Well, if I spend them, and I have been known to, they'll probably end up in the hands of a hoarder so nothing really changes. There's no way of controlling what Bitcoin is going to become, it's a collective experiment and waiting to see whether it develops into a currency or store of value or something totally separate is one of the most fascinating things about it.
raven7886
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1041

View Profile
October 06, 2016, 04:00:03 PM

Storing of Bitcoins is against Bitcoin.
No one will offer services for Bitcoin.
Spend Your Bitcoins.

You are right,but everyone is free to choose wether or not to spend or hold his bitcoins.

We need safer places where we can spend our bitcoins and get goods and services without being

scammed.
Correct.. spending bitcoin is good and really recommended. bitcoins should be in circulation. it will help bitcoin a lot to grow up.. but the problem is where to spend bitcoin when scammers and ponzi are every where? I would prefer to safe my bitcoins instead of giving them to a scammer.. whenever I need something and it can be bought with bitcoin I of course do that.
coindancer

Activity: 82
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 06, 2016, 04:09:50 PM

Spend Your Bitcoins.

You are right,but everyone is free to choose wether or not to spend or hold his bitcoins.

We need safer places where we can spend our bitcoins and get goods and services without being

scammed.
Correct.. spending bitcoin is good and really recommended. bitcoins should be in circulation. it will help bitcoin a lot to grow up.. but the problem is where to spend bitcoin when scammers and ponzi are every where? I would prefer to safe my bitcoins instead of giving them to a scammer.. whenever I need something and it can be bought with bitcoin I of course do that.
we would spend more bitcoins if we would get more. we have to buy bitcoin so we do not want to spend them. but if we would get them for change every time we buy something, we would automatically start using them.
Mastsetad

Activity: 672

View Profile
October 06, 2016, 04:16:39 PM

Spend Your Bitcoins.

Not every single bitcoin users holds their coins for really long times, but if two people are holding them then 4 people are spending on the other side, so it really does not matter at all because it wont effect bitcoin at all as not all the coins are kept in wallets and never used.
veleten
Legendary

Activity: 2016
Merit: 1106

View Profile
October 06, 2016, 04:18:30 PM

Spend Your Bitcoins.

storing money is against money
no one will offer services for money
spend your money

if you want bitcoins to become not some surrogate freak currency but a proper legal tender accepted everywhere,it has to be able to perform all of the currencies' functions
i.e. accumulating wealth,trade,bying services or goods etc.
I don't see how storing bitcoins is against bitcoins,it is pure nonsence,not sure if you would want to be forced into some "this is not real money,so I cannot keep it" mentality
if you look at it from a different angle,safe keeping bitcoin vs paper money devalues your assets less,just check your contries' inflation rates vs average bitcoin price if you do not believe me

▄▄████▄▄
      ▄▄███▀    ▀███▄▄
   ▄████████▄▄▄▄████████▄
  ▀██████████████████████▀
▐█▄▄ ▀▀████▀    ▀████▀▀ ▄▄██
▐█████▄▄ ▀██▄▄▄▄██▀ ▄▄██▀  █
▐██ ▀████▄▄ ▀██▀ ▄▄████  ▄██
▐██  ███████▄  ▄████████████
▐██  █▌▐█ ▀██  ██████▀  ████
▐██  █▌▐█  ██  █████  ▄█████
 ███▄ ▌▐█  ██  ████████████▀
  ▀▀████▄ ▄██  ██▀  ████▀▀
      ▀▀█████  █  ▄██▀▀
         ▀▀██  ██▀▀
.WINDICE.████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
      ▄████████▀
     ▄████████
    ▄███████▀
   ▄███████▀
  ▄█████████████
 ▄████████████▀
▄███████████▀
     █████▀
    ████▀
   ████
  ███▀
 ██▀
█▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
     ▄▄█████▄   ▄▄▄▄
    ██████████▄███████▄
  ▄████████████████████▌
 ████████████████████████
▐████████████████████████▌
 ▀██████████████████████▀
     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
     ▄█     ▄█     ▄█
   ▄██▌   ▄██▌   ▄██▌
   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀
       ▄█     ▄█
     ▄██▌   ▄██▌
     ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
                   ▄█▄
                 ▄█████▄
                █████████▄
       ▄       ██ ████████▌
     ▄███▄    ▐█▌▐█████████
   ▄███████▄   ██ ▀███████▀
 ▄███████████▄  ▀██▄▄████▀
▐█ ▄███████████    ▀▀▀▀
█ █████████████▌      ▄
█▄▀████████████▌    ▄███▄
▐█▄▀███████████    ▐█▐███▌
 ▀██▄▄▀▀█████▀      ▀█▄█▀
   ▀▀▀███▀▀▀
████
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
████

▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
iePlay NoweiI
I
I
I
[/t
arseaboy

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 06, 2016, 05:09:27 PM

Spend Your Bitcoins.

scammed.
we would spend more bitcoins if we would get more. we have to buy bitcoin so we do not want to spend them. but if we would get them for change every time we buy something, we would automatically start using them.
which is right the time we buy or exchange it we already using it in the sense and helping the chain but for keeping it to store would be an option i think for longer purpose and for gaining good profits wont be against it it is an investment.

██████████████████████  ▀███▄          ▄██▄          ▄██████▄   █████████████████████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀███▄        ▄████▄        ▄███▀▀███▄   █████████████████████████
                          ▀███▄      ▄██████▄      ▄███▀  ▀███▄       ▐███       ███▌
                           ▀███▄    ▄███▀▀███▄    ▄███▀    ▀███▄      ▐███       ███▌
   █████████████████        ▀███▄  ▄███▀  ▀███▄  ▄███▀      ▀███▄     ▐███       ███▌
                             ▀███▄▄███▀    ▀███▄▄███▀        ▀███▄    ▐███       ███▌
                              ▀██████▀      ▀██████▀          ▀███▄   ▐███       ███▌
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄         ▀████▀        ▀████▀            ▀███▄  ▐███       ███▌
██████████████████████          ▀██▀          ▀██▀              ▀███▄ ▐███       ███▌

R E I M A G I N I N G    E N E R G Y
█▄
▄█████▄
▄████▀████▄
▄█████▌ ▐█████▄
▄███▀▀██▌ ▐██▀▀███▄
▄█████▄  ▀▌ ▐▀  ▄█████▄
█████████▄     ▄█████████
██████  ▀██▌ ▐██▀  ██████
▀██████▄  ▀▌ ▐▀  ▄██████▀
▀███████▄     ▄███████▀
▀▀██████▌ ▐██████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▄█▄▀▀▀▀
█████
[.
TELEGRAM    MEDIUM
TWITTER   FACEBOOK
]███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
[PRE-SALE]
C O M I N G 
SOON███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
Aamir1

Activity: 756

View Profile
October 06, 2016, 05:19:19 PM

It is against Bitcoin because you're not spending it anymore, meaning you don't want to use it for now, but many of us cannot even do something with it. Spend it where if we have nowhere to do so?! When more countries will start supporting Bitcoin, we're going to get way more customers and a bigger price.

And besides, if there are a lot of users that are holding their bitcoins then there are also users which are spending their coins as well, so if some of us are holding a few that wont make a big difference i guess and we also cant hold them forever but we have to spend them some day.
sana54210
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1128

"CoinPoker.com"

View Profile
October 06, 2016, 05:27:38 PM

spending bitcoin is good and really recommended. bitcoins should be in circulation. it will help bitcoin a lot to grow up.. but the problem is where to spend bitcoin when scammers and ponzi are every where? I would prefer to safe my bitcoins instead of giving them to a scammer.. whenever I need something and it can be bought with bitcoin I of course do that.
If your statements are right, then Mr.Satoshi itself was doing against bitcoin ecosystem by hoarding big amount of bitcoins for long term.

There are two main aspects in this : we need flow of money to ensure all the basics of financial system at the same time surplus supply might lead to devaluation. Because, basically bitcoin is not just a currency, it has investment property also.

Gold gains its value over time still it's not flowing person-to-person so frequently. So, saving/storing bitcoin is not against bitcoin ecosystem.

xdrpx

Activity: 616
Merit: 603

View Profile
October 06, 2016, 06:27:45 PM

Would you really say the same for people storing fiat? I'm sure there's enough circulation of Bitcoins amongst people and not everyones storing it with the 'Hold' mentality even though most people say it. I'm sure saving is also helping the Bitcoin economy as it makes people believe that Bitcoin has true intrinsic value and will grow over a period of time.
Superbitzz

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 06, 2016, 09:47:52 PM

i think it is not right to say that storing of bitcoin is against the law, because the amount of have is your property and yo have the full right to use bitcoin according to your own wishes.
Doamader

Activity: 756
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 06, 2016, 11:36:46 PM

Soo those people who lost access to their coins the early adopters, they are storing against their wishes, the number of bitcoin losted i believe its huge, and i believe Nakamoto has some similiar situation, maybe some problem affected him and might be dead already with those coins stored forever into the wallet, till a family get his things or sell them. I dont see any problem about those, the coins in circulation are more then enought to cover the costumers interests.
Rizky Aditya

Activity: 700

View Profile
October 07, 2016, 12:30:25 AM

Spend Your Bitcoins.
I don't think that storing Bitcoins is a bad idea, in fact, I think it is better to store your Bitcoin because the price is increasing. If you want to spend it, then be my guest. It is also good to spend it.
Windpower

Activity: 532
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 07, 2016, 04:05:41 AM

"Trees Don’t Grow to the Sky"

Trees can't but bitcoin can...
Lol. Maybe not the best analogy. You can spend and save your Bitcoin at the same time. I don't think that is against Bitcoin. Wait is it?
X7
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1009

Let he who is without sin cast the first stone

View Profile
October 07, 2016, 04:13:35 AM

Spend Your Bitcoins.

Holders are a very important part of the eco system, may I suggest you research it before making those statements!

For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the world, and lose his own soul?
MyBTT

Activity: 378

View Profile
October 07, 2016, 04:15:32 AM

Spend Your Bitcoins.

Holders are a very important part of the eco system, may I suggest you research it before making those statements!

As of now, they are. But what if bitcoin becomes mainstream or semi-mainstream, as it is currently becoming? 10% of the coins are maybe lost, and maybe 40% is being held. Only 50% of the actual ecosystem is active. Seems like a bubble to me.

▄████▄
         ▄████████▄
       ▄████████████▄
     ▄████████████████▄
    ████████████████████      ▄█▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄████████████████▀   ▄██████████

▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄     ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀                   ██
▄█████▄▀▀▀▄██████▄▀▀▀▄█████▄     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀        ▄█▄          ▀██████████████▄
████████████████████████████       ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀          ▀█▀                        ██
 ▀████████████████████████▀          ▀██▄ ▄██▀             ▀██▄ ▄██▀     ▄█▄     ▀██▄ ▄██▀                                       ██
   ▀████████████████████▀              ▀███▀                 ▀███▀       ▀█▀       ▀███▀      ▄███████████████████████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀
       ▀████████████▀
         ▀████████▀
           ▀████▀
║║

║║

║║
██
║║

║║
██
║║
║║

║║
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  

Jump to: