Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 12:03:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Storing of Bitcoins is against Bitcoin.  (Read 41819 times)
goinmerry
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1083

View Profile
October 20, 2016, 08:07:47 AM

She is right. Spend it. Make use of it. Dont let it rot on your wallet.
I am sure there will be a lot of changes when this things are done but it will be impossible for most of us here are for investment.
We have our own opinion and we respect that.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Harlot

Activity: 1806
Merit: 671

View Profile
October 20, 2016, 08:13:41 AM

Why would it be against bitcoin? If storing bitcoin is against bitcoin then they should not have created Bitcoin wallets in thr first place. Also spedning bitcoin is not the only way to promote it. Bitcoin has many purposes aside from spending it. One is it is actually a good investment, buying and holding bitcoin and knowing the price will go up again is a good way to make big profits.
drwtsn32

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 20, 2016, 08:31:49 AM

I don't think so. If that is against it, then the system won't allow you to do it in the first place.
Or maybe you could argue that it is something that Satoshi didn't think of?
BitcoinPC

Activity: 812
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 20, 2016, 10:04:18 AM

No way, you know a huge numbers of the people who are doing same way, I mean, they are storing or holding the bitcoins, because it is a easiest way to increased your bitcoins. Because bitcoin has a value in its price, and when we hold it and when majority of the peoples are doing that way, So suddenly the price is increasing and its mean we can make our profit.
It is not against of bitcoin, its like a investment. 
Labumi

Activity: 756

View Profile
October 20, 2016, 01:22:13 PM

Why would it be against bitcoin? If storing bitcoin is against bitcoin then they should not have created Bitcoin wallets in thr first place. Also spedning bitcoin is not the only way to promote it. Bitcoin has many purposes aside from spending it. One is it is actually a good investment, buying and holding bitcoin and knowing the price will go up again is a good way to make big profits.

Yup, I totally agree with you. Because the bitcoin is an excellent good for those of us who want to get or see success in the future. by investing in the bitcoin then we will benefit, you could have a bad minded against bitcoin because you've never felt it. Having fun is a very good thing if we in scorn. Just ignore the words of those who do not know or feel what we have
randy8777
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 20, 2016, 01:36:44 PM

people always come up with these things. bitcoin is freedom. people are free to use bitcoin the way they want. people that are against storing bitcoins don't realize that storing bitcoin is a more than important aspect for the price. people holding their coins makes sure a lot coins remain off the market. less coins in circulation means a better overall price.
ged00u

Activity: 770

View Profile
October 20, 2016, 02:38:58 PM

From my understanding, I think what you mean is people shouldn't just keep their bitcoin and spend it more to assure bitcoin a sky-rising future. If what I said is right then I agree with you, and for those who don't know the feeling of spending bitcoin then this is your chance, spend it  Grin
amacar2
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1007

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
October 20, 2016, 02:43:50 PM

From my understanding, I think what you mean is people shouldn't just keep their bitcoin and spend it more to assure bitcoin a sky-rising future. If what I said is right then I agree with you, and for those who don't know the feeling of spending bitcoin then this is your chance, spend it  Grin
However spending on anything doesn't put any value to users, still we need more and more merchants accepting bitcoin payments in local level also so that people can start spending their bitcoin for real life uses.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
coindancer

Activity: 82
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 20, 2016, 07:28:27 PM

However spending on anything doesn't put any value to users, still we need more and more merchants accepting bitcoin payments in local level also so that people can start spending their bitcoin for real life uses.
every transaction is good for bitcoin and every one who wants to buy bitcoin is driving the price up. so if there is a product you want to buy and you can only do so in bitcoin, then you will create a new user.
hend442

Activity: 65
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 20, 2016, 10:06:26 PM

don't think so. should use it as a flat currency. if need to use it should. should use it for buying something mean doing shopping.
fujyo86

Activity: 253

View Profile
October 20, 2016, 10:54:39 PM

don't think so. should use it as a flat currency. if need to use it should. should use it for buying something mean doing shopping.

holding the bitcoins and storing it could be profitable for the holders if the price increase as expected.
justspare

Activity: 1022
Merit: 538

View Profile
October 20, 2016, 10:58:13 PM

Storing of Bitcoins is against Bitcoin.
No one will offer services for Bitcoin.
Spend Your Bitcoins.
I know that if people do not spend there Bitcoin and keep holding on to them the price of the Bitcoin is not going to rise but people still do not want to spend them.
This way the price is going to be stable for ever if this keeps up¨.

That is right. It is better to hold most of the coins and then spend some of the coins to make it circulate more.
That is what a lot of people do when they are trading coins. If they spend some and keep the rest, they can still make a profit and even if they lose some of their Bitcoin, they still have more in storage.
Yakamoto
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007

View Profile
October 20, 2016, 10:59:53 PM

holding the bitcoins and storing it could be profitable for the holders if the price increase as expected.
It's profitable, but it slows the economy and there is less moving about, meaning it could be harder for the average user to make or use Bitcoin due to an increased value suppressing their chances to get in (simply due to Bitcoin being too expensive). You can hold some, but it is likely a good idea to at least spend a portion of what you have. Not a lot, just a bit.
Leonard2016

Activity: 1036
Merit: 520

View Profile
October 21, 2016, 05:14:36 AM

It's profitable, but it slows the economy and there is less moving about, meaning it could be harder for the average user to make or use Bitcoin due to an increased value suppressing their chances to get in (simply due to Bitcoin being too expensive). You can hold some, but it is likely a good idea to at least spend a portion of what you have. Not a lot, just a bit.

you are wrong on the bitcoin being expensive part because if you want to use it as a currency and buy right now you can go ahead and buy for example $50 and spend that $50 value in bitcoin

because simpley nobocy is forcing you to buy a whole bitcoin so it is not expensive for the user.

▄          ▄▄▄▄    ▄
            ███      ▄██████▀  ▀█▀
            ███     ▄██▀
            ███     ███        ▄█▄   ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄██████▄      ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄█████▄▄        ▄▄█████▄▄
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███     ███        ███   ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄
  ▄████████▄███  ▄█████████▄   ███   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀██▄   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀█▀   ▄██▀       ▀██▄
▄███▀    ▀█████   ▀▀███▀▀▀▀    ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███████████████
███   ▄▄   ▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███   ▀▀   ▄███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ▄    ███         ▄
▀███▄    ▄█████     ███        ███   ███         ███    ███▄▄   ▄▄████   ███         ███    ███▄▄    ▄███    ███▄▄   ▄▄███
  ▀████████▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███     ▀████████▀███   ███         ███     ▀█████████▀      ▀█████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀       ▀          ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀   ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀            ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄▀▀       ▀▀▄▄
  █               █ ▄
 █   █▀▄ ▀█▀ ▀█▀   █ ▀▄
 █   █▀▄  █   █    █  ▀▄
  █  ▀▀   ▀   ▀   █    █
▄▀ ▄▄           ▄▀    ▄▀
 ▀▀  ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀      ▀▄
        ▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▄▄▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄
  ▄█▄              ▄███████▄
  ▀████▄▄         ██████▀██████▀
    ▀▀▀████▄▄     ███████████▀
    ▀██▄███████▄▄███████████
     ▄▄▄▀██████████████████
      ▀████████████████████
▀█▄▄     ▀████████████████
  ▀████████████████▀█████
    ▀████████████▀▄▄███▀
       ▀▀██████████▀▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄   ▄▄
              ▄▀ ▀▀█  █
             ▄▀     ▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄█▄
     ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
 ▄▀▄▀              ▀▄▀▄
█  █   ▄█▄    ▄█▄   █  █
 ▀█    ▀█▀    ▀█▀    █▀
  █                  █
   █   ▀▄      ▄▀   █
    ▀▄   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
New Age of DEFI
A Non-Code Platform for
Decentralized Trading Instruments

▄▄███████████████▄▄
 ▄█████████████████████▄
▄██████████████▀▀███████▄
████████████▀▀    ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄   ███████
██████▀▀     █    ███████
████▀       █     ███████
█████▄▄   ▄█      ███████
████████ ██▄      ███████
▀████████ ▀▄███▄▄███████▀
 ▀█████████████████████▀
   ▀▀███████████████▀▀

▄              ▄
   ▄███▄          ▄███▄
   █████▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄█████
  ▄████████████████████▄
 ▄██████████████████████▄
 ████████████████████████
██████▀▀          ▀▀██████
█████▀   ▄      ▄   ▀█████
 ████   ███    ███   ████
  ████   ▀      ▀   ████
   ▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
     ▀▀████████████▀▀

▄▄████████████████▄▄
 ▄█████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀█████▄
▄████▀  ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀  ▀████▄
████▀                ▀████
███▀                  ▀███
███       ▄    ▄       ███
██▀      ███  ███      ▀██
██       ▀█▀  ▀█▀       ██
██▄     ▄        ▄     ▄██
▀██▄     ▀▀▄▄▄▄▀▀     ███▀
 ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
   ▀▀████████████████▀▀
rababo

Activity: 490

View Profile
October 21, 2016, 04:13:11 PM

Storing bitcoin is like an investment, you hold bitcoin and wait untill the price is good enough to sell it. That is how we can get profit from bitcoin. Though you can spend bitcoin for your daily needs, but spend it wisely. It is better to save some of bitcoin for future investment.
el kaka22
Legendary

Activity: 3514
Merit: 1162

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
October 21, 2016, 05:44:07 PM

Storing of Bitcoins is against Bitcoin.
No one will offer services for Bitcoin.
Spend Your Bitcoins.
I know that if people do not spend there Bitcoin and keep holding on to them the price of the Bitcoin is not going to rise but people still do not want to spend them.
This way the price is going to be stable for ever if this keeps up¨.

That is right. It is better to hold most of the coins and then spend some of the coins to make it circulate more.
It is very good to both hold half and use half so you can be at a safe distance. But, what I believe is that bitcoin is very promising and could offer a very good return on investment to anyone whether holding or using/selling. Over all for a system, circulation is more essential to ensure many basics, bitcoin system will not be an exception.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
Milkduds

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 21, 2016, 05:48:29 PM

Very odd to see a debate about how people should treat there bitcoins,would have thought we would all mostly be agreement that its no ones business what I do and how I do it. These little ideas pop up and it always feels like a check to see which way the wind is going before pushing a harder line where people are forced to submit.
You convince people that sitting on their bitcoin is bad,its like banks implementing negative percentages to potentially force people to get out and spend savings. Why do we want/need to emulate a broken system?

satdas

Activity: 281

View Profile
October 21, 2016, 06:57:33 PM

i do not think it is correct o holding bitcoin is against the law, to me if have i invested my fiat and buy bitcoin so the bitcoin bought is my property and i am the owner of it, and it, thereof no restriction to hold bitcoin for a particular time, therefore i can hold my bitcoin up to any time.
Bestwishes745

Activity: 644

View Profile
October 21, 2016, 07:07:48 PM

i do not think it is correct o holding bitcoin is against the law, to me if have i invested my fiat and buy bitcoin so the bitcoin bought is my property and i am the owner of it, and it, thereof no restriction to hold bitcoin for a particular time, therefore i can hold my bitcoin up to any time.

that is right as bitcoin is a currency and every person like to store his money in any form of currency so why storing of bitcoin will be against to bitcoin. Bitcoin came here as a currency and as a currency bitcoin do not ban any person to store bitcoin.
apriloni

Activity: 138
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 21, 2016, 10:45:06 PM

i think that strong of bitcoin is not against of bitcoin because there a lot of people are buying bitcoin and then hold or storing their bitcoin for the future because bitcoin will be increasing its price too much faster in the near future and then i hope we will be get a big profit from bitcoin.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  

Jump to: