Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 08:34:21 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Storing of Bitcoins is against Bitcoin.  (Read 41825 times)
Dudeperfect

Activity: 1190
Merit: 534

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2016, 01:21:50 AM

I have simple solution for this,

• You hold 1 BTC.
  • You spend 0.10 for your needs (previously using fiat for this expenditure).
  • You buy 0.10 with fiat currency (skipped in step 2).

Now, at the end of the day, you are helping the bitcoin network to grow by creating a movement of bitcoin by using it for your expenditure and still you are holding your whole bitcoin.

But not all the time your needs can be bought with bitcoin so still, that is kinda hassle way of helping the adoption of bitcoin. Why not just simply hold some bitcoins and while you have your own fund for it. Have also a fund for usage, consumption and anything you can avail just like buying some alt coins then you are already helping the bitcoin network to grow.

Yes, I can agree with this. There are almost no offline stores in my country where bitcoin is accepted. I am able to spend bitcoins only on the internet at this moment but still I believe this picture is going to change soon. Yes buying altcoins can also help bitcoin but to be honest, we are in love with bitcoin and it would be like having an extra-marital affair if we are using any other coin (just kidding).
digaran
Copper Member

Activity: 1330
Merit: 899

🖤😏

View Profile
November 13, 2016, 01:24:48 AM

Are you saying bitcoin will vanish away if we don't spend our coins? I think as ling as anyone willing to offer any thing with value in exchange for bitcoin we could relax and store as much as we like.

🖤😏
Juggy777

Activity: 2646
Merit: 686

View Profile
November 13, 2016, 03:42:32 AM

I agree to disagree with your post. You just can't keep storing and you cant just keep spending it. There something known as balance. If all would only sell price would go down as supply would be more than demand and on other hand if every one only stored prices would go up as supply would be low and demand high. But if you go to see its a balance world. People are spending and saving to. So you can't dictate terms and say sell sell or store store. It's a free world and it's better kept that way. What you could instead suggest is to sell when prices are high or for high returns in a project.

In my opinion bitcoin was developed as a way to create and transfer money. For everybody.
I don't think that it was intended to be a form of investment.
So in general I would be happy if people used it as payment whenever possible.
I think it's the fact that companies accept bitcoin as a payment why bitcoin is the most important crypto currency. And I would like it to stay that way for a while.

Indeed it was created for payment purposes, but it was definitely not to be limited for only payment purposes. Over a period it evolved and people used it very well. We live in a progressive time and have to evolve and we can't be stuck to old methods. Change is permanent, so I feel people should not stress whether it's yet investment or payment. People are smart enough to decide so let's keep it that way.
RoommateAgreement

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

Bazinga!

View Profile
November 13, 2016, 04:20:33 AM

I agree to disagree with your post. You just can't keep storing and you cant just keep spending it. There something known as balance. If all would only sell price would go down as supply would be more than demand and on other hand if every one only stored prices would go up as supply would be low and demand high. But if you go to see its a balance world. People are spending and saving to. So you can't dictate terms and say sell sell or store store. It's a free world and it's better kept that way. What you could instead suggest is to sell when prices are high or for high returns in a project.

In my opinion bitcoin was developed as a way to create and transfer money. For everybody.
I think it's the fact that companies accept bitcoin as a payment why bitcoin is the most important crypto currency. And I would like it to stay that way for a while.

Indeed it was created for payment purposes, but it was definitely not to be limited for only payment purposes. Over a period it evolved and people used it very well. We live in a progressive time and have to evolve and we can't be stuck to old methods. Change is permanent, so I feel people should not stress whether it's yet investment or payment. People are smart enough to decide so let's keep it that way.

exactly because bitcoin was meant for payment purposes we have to store it!

because simply you can take a look around and see that there is not enough places where you can spend bitcoin, it is not yet accepted by the merchants which makes it hard to spend but easy to store and take the profit.

Buying the dip...
Dudeperfect

Activity: 1190
Merit: 534

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2016, 04:45:13 AM

because simply you can take a look around and see that there is not enough places where you can spend bitcoin, it is not yet accepted by the merchants which makes it hard to spend but easy to store and take the profit.

Even though it was created for payment purpose, people are looking at it as an investment and that is why it is getting more precious day by day just like traditional money or other valuable commodities like gold, silver etc. There are some pros and even cons but still if we are looking at it positively then ultimately getting more price will attract more eyeballs and thus it will help for the growth of our community too.
Juggy777

Activity: 2646
Merit: 686

View Profile
November 13, 2016, 04:57:05 AM

Even though it was created for payment purpose, people are looking at it as an investment and that is why it is getting more precious day by day just like traditional money or other valuable commodities like gold, silver etc. There are some pros and even cons but still if we are looking at it positively then ultimately getting more price will attract more eyeballs and thus it will help for the growth of our community too.

Look that is going to happen, currently it is picking up but yet many places it's yet to accept it. Prices fluctuations happen every where but in case of btc it is unregulated so it's difficult to control it. Many financial planners have suggested to keep a certain amount of money in btc to avoid global risks. So yes people will use it for payment purpose of and investment purposes also. It is also now being used for at swizz stations and in dubai but yet way long to go before its just for payment only. I feel it shall never be again limited to payment only.
Kabul

Activity: 619
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 13, 2016, 05:01:12 AM

It is true that keeping Bitcoin in your wallet without using it is the bad habit which can harm bitcoin. Using bitcoin is the best way to spread it all over the world, to make it more and more popular. If you use bitcoin often, the people who are close to you will be curious about what it is and start to learn and study about it. As the results, more people will know about bitcoin as well as its advantages and they will decide to use it. So, please use your bitcoin whenever you can.

▄▄█████████▄▄
     ▄███▀▀       ▀▀███▄
   ▄██▀               ▀██▄
  ██▀ ▄▄             ▄▄ ▀██
 ██▀  ▐██████▄ ▄██████▌  ▀██
██▀    ██  ███ ███  ██    ▀██
██      █▄ ▐██ ██▌ ▄█      ██
██▄      ▀ ▐██ ██▌ ▀      ▄██
 ██▄        ██ ██        ▄██
  ██▄        ███        ▄██
   ▀██▄              ▄██▀
     ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
        ▀▀█████████▀▀
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      ██                                         
██████████  ▄▄  ██▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ██▄     
██          ██  ████████  ██  ████████  █████████  ████▄   
██          ██  ██        ██     ▄▄██▀  ██   ▄██▀  ██ ▀██▄ 
██          ██  ██        ██  ▄██▀▀     ██▄██▀▀    ██   ▀██▄
██████████  ██  ████████  ██  ████████  █████████  ██     ██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀     ▀▀

Finance

▄█▄    ▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
         ▄█████▄   ▀███████████
 █▄    ▄█████████    ██████████
 ███▄▄█████████▀   ▄██████████▌
 ████████████▀   ▄████████████
▐██████████▀   ▄█████████▀ ▀██
▐█████████▄   █████████▀     ▀
████████████▄  ▀█████▀
███████▀▀▀▀▀     ▀█▀

Senor.Bla

Activity: 280
Merit: 253

View Profile
November 13, 2016, 03:46:33 PM

• You hold 1 BTC.

Now, at the end of the day, you are helping the bitcoin network to grow by creating a movement of bitcoin by using it for your expenditure and still you are holding your whole bitcoin.

But not all the time your needs can be bought with bitcoin so still that is kinda hassle way of helping the adoption of bitcoin. Why not just simply hold some bitcoins and while you have your own fund for it. Have also a fund for usage, consumption and anything you can avail just like buying some alt coins then you are already helping the bitcoin network to grow.
what you spent on is important, because it will attract more business in this field. so if you buy altcoin then the altcoin and exchanging market will grow. but if you spend your bitcoin at some online shop, then this economy will grow and you will see more stores that offer bitcoin payment. 

serjent05
Legendary

Activity: 2884
Merit: 1258

View Profile
November 13, 2016, 04:23:46 PM

• You hold 1 BTC.

But not all the time your needs can be bought with bitcoin so still that is kinda hassle way of helping the adoption of bitcoin. Why not just simply hold some bitcoins and while you have your own fund for it. Have also a fund for usage, consumption and anything you can avail just like buying some alt coins then you are already helping the bitcoin network to grow.
what you spent on is important, because it will attract more business in this field. so if you buy altcoin then the altcoin and exchanging market will grow. but if you spend your bitcoin at some online shop, then this economy will grow and you will see more stores that offer bitcoin payment. 

Precisely, that is why keeping bitcoin will more likely benifits no one.  Unless the price of bitcoin increase and you will more likely not to keep it and sells it.  Spending Bitcoin in different online shop will make this kind of bitcoin economy boom.  Whenever a store owner sees a method that make other store owner successful, he will try to use that method no matter how complex it is.

▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄█████████▀█████████████▄
███████████▄▐▀▄██████████
███████▀▀███████▀▀███████
██████▀███▄▄████████████
█████████▐█████████▐█████
█████████▐█████████▐█████
██████████▀███▀███▄██████
████████████████▄▄███████
███████████▄▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████
▀█████▄▄████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
Peach
BTC bitcoin
Buy and Sell
Bitcoin P2P
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████████
██████▄
▄██
█████████████████▄
▄███████
██████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀

▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀
EUROPE | AFRICA
LATIN AMERICA
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

███████▄█
███████▀
██▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄
████████████▀
▐███████████▌
▐███████████▌
████████████▄
██████████████
███▀███▀▀███▀
Download on the
App Store
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

▄██▄
██████▄
█████████▄
████████████▄
███████████████
████████████▀
█████████▀
██████▀
▀██▀
GET IT ON
Google Play
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
aardvark5421

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 13, 2016, 04:25:35 PM

And this is why we have inflation with real money.
European Central Bank
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087

View Profile
November 13, 2016, 04:36:59 PM

well, the other day my bitcoin wallet wanted a 40 dollar fee to buy something. even low priority was $3. i decided to use one of those gross debit cards instead to save myself a ton of money. in that particular case bitcoin failed miserably.
KaliLinux

Activity: 1344
Merit: 565

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2016, 04:43:48 PM

Always its beneficiary to have the currency circulated. There wont be inflation, there wont be lack of currency though it is a digital currency and there wont be a dip in economy growth. Try to spend or keep it rotated always. If waiting for the price to raise then ok, but its good exchange it when the price is really high. 
aardvark5421

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 13, 2016, 04:46:17 PM

well, the other day my bitcoin wallet wanted a 40 dollar fee to buy something. even low priority was $3. i decided to use one of those gross debit cards instead to save myself a ton of money. in that particular case bitcoin failed miserably.

Which wallet were you using?
znort987
Early bitcoin miner
VIP

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 13, 2016, 04:50:25 PM

I do not think storing of Bitcoins is against Bitcoin, I do consider bitcoin (the currency) like a digital gold.
I mined a lot of bitcoins back in 2011-2012 and I am still hoarding, I have not sold even 1 bitcoin Smiley.
Doamader

Activity: 756
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 13, 2016, 10:39:22 PM

I do not think storing of Bitcoins is against Bitcoin, I do consider bitcoin (the currency) like a digital gold.
I mined a lot of bitcoins back in 2011-2012 and I am still hoarding, I have not sold even 1 bitcoin Smiley.
Wow thats something wizzard, what happened for you havent sold atleast a part into the 1000 dollars buble? Anyway i do believe you will sell some of them at 2020 when bitcoin reach again 1000 dollars. And i do understand why you havent sold them after the bubble, how long you thinking to hold your coins, do you have any target?
Darwintas

Activity: 86
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 13, 2016, 11:13:13 PM

I also do not think its against the bitcoin, why would it be against bitcoin, I just do not get this, its a currency and every currency is held right ?
madwica

Activity: 714
Merit: 531

View Profile
November 14, 2016, 03:35:54 AM

I also do not think its against the bitcoin, why would it be against bitcoin, I just do not get this, its a currency and every currency is held right ?
It is not against on bitcoin but it has big effect on pumping of price of bitcoin since if most of the users holding huge amount of bitcoin the demand will get slower to increase, that is why i think much better to spend some of our bitcoin to make the demand increasing.
Barbut

Activity: 1694
Merit: 502

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
November 14, 2016, 03:45:32 AM

There is logic in this headline, economy grows when money is circulating all the time. All this bitcoin services, shops, sites will not have for what to work. People need to see bitcoin as a tool to buy what ever they wish, and to do with their money what they want. If we don`t show to them who will, I also think that bitcoins need to be spend.
I still don`t save nothing, I spend all I earn here on many things, my bitcoins are working all the time, and for me that is a fun way to spend a day with bitcoins. I suggest to people to save until they have enough to buy something nice for them, that is a good way to tell merchants that is smart to start accepting bitcoin.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
Capradina

Activity: 756
Merit: 520

View Profile
November 14, 2016, 01:45:02 PM

It is not against on bitcoin but it has big effect on pumping of price of bitcoin since if most of the users holding huge amount of bitcoin the demand will get slower to increase, that is why i think much better to spend some of our bitcoin to make the demand increasing.

That is certainly true, but the most influential thing is a lot of demand but the available stock of in the market is very small. So it will happen where the request would be a power to increase prices and that a bitcoin good luck to all the people that are in it. So all of the bitcoin it would be good if we want to work together, but that's all it is not likely to happen because most are still concerned with individual profit
ashiqdey

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 14, 2016, 05:10:10 PM

Yea bitcoin came to world to serve as online transaction and I think it is not right to use bitcoin as earning source because it should be in circulation so that it's price could be bottom so that more new buyer could afford to buy it and thus we would have more user in bitcoin and thus many websites and store will start accepting bitcoin.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  

Jump to: