Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 10:58:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ORLY] Orlycoin | X15 | it's PoS now  (Read 50227 times)
MaGNeT (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1002

Waves | 3PHMaGNeTJfqFfD4xuctgKdoxLX188QM8na

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2016, 04:58:25 AM

Hashrate looking good!

Don't set your payout threshold too low when you payout to AlcurEX Smiley
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Msile

Activity: 658
Merit: 503

View Profile
April 16, 2016, 02:18:13 PM

Alcurex works a lot better now than the first day.
Msile

View Profile
April 16, 2016, 02:53:59 PM

Maybe someone should create a faucet so the coin gets more popular.
DarkStar1O9

Activity: 489
Merit: 260

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2016, 03:18:38 PM

I think Yobit will add this project eventually. I requested Paypeer without paying anything and it was added around 3 weeks to a month later I remember.

ICONOMI - Fund Management Platform ❘|❘ ICO ❘|❘ DISCUSSION
Msile

View Profile
April 16, 2016, 07:06:34 PM

Difficulty so low rn, not sure if this is good or bad for me.
AleScamHole

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

Don't you looooooove how offensive my name sounds?

View Profile
April 16, 2016, 07:16:33 PM

Difficulty so low rn, not sure if this is good or bad for me.

ya this was a coin that should have had way less supply ;\
Msile

View Profile
April 16, 2016, 07:16:57 PM

Any one sell ? looking for 100-500k coins.

Price offer please.

i could part with 100k of mine, but i want atleast 100 shat each Wink
0.1btc
if that works let me know
no thank too much than rent to mine,.
I can do for 30 sat if you or anyone else is interested.

i personally will respectfully decline, as i would be a buyer at that price also Grin
Have you bought any for 1/3rd of that on the exchange?
CjMapope
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1092

~Full-Time Minter since 2016~

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2016, 08:05:40 PM

Any one sell ? looking for 100-500k coins.

Price offer please.

i could part with 100k of mine, but i want atleast 100 shat each Wink
0.1btc
if that works let me know
no thank too much than rent to mine,.
I can do for 30 sat if you or anyone else is interested.

i personally will respectfully decline, as i would be a buyer at that price also Grin
Have you bought any for 1/3rd of that on the exchange?
i ended up setting my buys lower, as people seemed quick to dump around the 30shat price, so i set under 10  to catch in the end  tbh heehee

~Got this girl in my bed, a roof over my head, i mint a couple coins a week, and thats how i make bread~
~On the 12th day of Hatzvah, OGminer said to me: "compute root of the merkle hash tree!"~
Prohashing  -- Simply the best Multipool!
MaGNeT (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2016, 10:57:48 PM

Maybe someone should create a faucet so the coin gets more popular.

A faucet is on my "to do" list.
No ETA...
omedian

Activity: 265
Merit: 100

DATABLOCKCHAIN.IO SALE IS LIVE | MVP @ DBC.IO

View Profile
April 17, 2016, 06:51:09 AM

I don't think getting Orly on an exchange like Alcurex will do good for the coin, no action(exchange is almost empty), no one to buy even at a price covering power fees to mine. As the coin has no interest right now(it doesn't offer anything new and can't be used anywhere) it may be a dead on arrival coin because of these poor and rushed choices.

I'm stopping my mining right now, hoping my bag holding a few millions will get some value someday or some interesting use...

AleScamHole

Activity: 504

Don't you looooooove how offensive my name sounds?

View Profile
April 17, 2016, 07:06:54 AM

I don't think getting Orly on an exchange like Alcurex will do good for the coin, no action(exchange is almost empty), no one to buy even at a price covering power fees to mine. As the coin has no interest right now(it doesn't offer anything new and can't be used anywhere) it may be a dead on arrival coin because of these poor and rushed choices.

I'm stopping my mining right now, hoping my bag holding a few millions will get some value someday or some interesting use...

ya man that supply tho, too much for the nothing demand
for me the 1200 coin stakes in the block explorer killed it finally
totally a personal profit coin it feels like, the market cant absorb the coins now and 1200 coin stakes all day is just feeding one wallet ;\
https://www.blockexperts.com/orly/address/oHGcuxUtrafX9VqUrum92oeEkR5Ljfqo8Y

how can this market keep up to this?!!?
1200 coins staked every 3 mins? ;\
thats just one address....
nah its DOA for sure sadly
were all SOL ;( lucky to get power costs even...
MaGNeT (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2016, 08:24:00 AM

totally a personal profit coin it feels like, the market cant absorb the coins now and 1200 coin stakes all day is just feeding one wallet ;\

Thanks for pointing that out, PoS is working great.

Orly has a 4% annual PoS reward as an incentive to let users run nodes and keep transactions going, and my wallet having 28 connections shows it's paying off.

Does a 4% annual PoS reward mean that we'll have a 4% annual inflation when the PoW phase is over? Nope...

A lot of coins are at the exchange(s), not staking, a lot of wallets are offline, not staking.

So we are looking at an annual 1-2% inflation which is perfect.
MaGNeT (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2016, 08:28:05 AM

For now AlcurEX is the exchange hosting Orlycoin.
You can buy, sell or hold (and stake).

I can't and won't make any promises for the future, so be your own judge.
Turing

Activity: 994
Merit: 277

View Profile
April 17, 2016, 10:21:53 AM

yobit  Sad no matter how many support tickets, no response
omedian

Activity: 265
Merit: 100

DATABLOCKCHAIN.IO SALE IS LIVE | MVP @ DBC.IO

View Profile
April 17, 2016, 01:23:47 PM

For now AlcurEX is the exchange hosting Orlycoin.
You can buy, sell or hold (and stake).

I can't and won't make any promises for the future, so be your own judge.

I'm not giving up on this yet... I'm building a faucet right now but I can't connect to my RPC server and I have a weird issue (It's my first time though, I might be missing something). Everything has been setup on the server side(firewall rules added and port forwarding on router), When I look into netstats, I see that Orlycoin is using the 23452 port by default, I then changed my conf file to use the 23454 port, now when I launch Orly with the -server option, I see it uses both ports 23452 (connections are being made there) and 23454 (simply listening).

Here's my conf file:
server=1
daemon=1
listen=1
maxconnections=1024
rpcuser=mychosenusername
rpcpassword=mychosenpassword
rpcport=23454
rpcallowip=mywebsiteIP
addnode=85.214.137.118
addnode=62.163.9.155
addnode=158.69.159.45

I still can't contact the RPC server successfully from my webpage.
As soon as I've a better understanding of all this I might be able to create an android game with Orlycoin rewards.

Msile

View Profile
April 17, 2016, 08:32:08 PM

So I was confused too at first. But then I realized the 1200 coins isn't the amount of coins he recieves, it's only like 1.05 or 1.36 evertime, not 1000 something, must be a visual bug or something.
Turing

View Profile
April 18, 2016, 01:48:50 PM

So I was confused too at first. But then I realized the 1200 coins isn't the amount of coins he recieves, it's only like 1.05 or 1.36 evertime, not 1000 something, must be a visual bug or something.

that's how block-explorers work, it's pos mining - coins get reserved for staking is the transaction of 1200 coins and the 1.05 is the reward
MaGNeT (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2016, 03:09:07 PM
Last edit: April 18, 2016, 03:33:48 PM by MaGNeT

Blockreward has gone up again and is now 512 Orly per block.

https://orly.suprnova.cc/index.php?page=statistics&action=blocks

I made a stupid mistake in my calculations in the OP. While calculating the amount of coins during the PoW phase I forgot to take into account that a lot of blocks are found by PoS mining.

As a result, PoW mining phase will be a lot shorter than predicted (already changed it in the OP).

We will not see 74M coins in PoW phase; we probably will have around 20-25M Orlycoins at the end of this phase.

Is it bad news? No it's not! Less coins = higher value per coin.
Turing

View Profile
April 18, 2016, 03:44:25 PM

I made a stupid mistake in my calculations in the OP
. While calculating the amount of coins during the PoW phase I forgot to take into account that a lot of blocks are found by PoS mining.

As a result, PoW mining phase will be a lot shorter than predicted (already changed it in the OP).

We will not see 74M coins in PoW phase; we probably will have around 20-25M Orlycoins at the end of this phase.

noob

but good news for me, i bought a few more at alcurex @ 7 satoshi

not heard anything from yobit, no response to tickets
DaMart

Activity: 249

View Profile
April 18, 2016, 04:05:45 PM

I made a stupid mistake in my calculations in the OP
. While calculating the amount of coins during the PoW phase I forgot to take into account that a lot of blocks are found by PoS mining.

noob

but good news for me, i bought a few more at alcurex @ 7 satoshi

You were lucky getting them that cheap then. Someone just bought the sell orders up to 10 satoshi  Grin.

Trading on: Binance | Bittrex | Yobit
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  

Jump to: