Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 02:08:03 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Ethereum vs Lisk  (Read 13633 times)
BlockChainr

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 24, 2016, 03:42:11 AM

IMO, Lisk seems like Gaming Console while Ethereum is like Gaming PC
mookid

Activity: 446
Merit: 251

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2016, 04:12:29 AM

So sad to see this Eth vs Lisk image rolling around, is a copy-paste of the Expanse vs Eth. It's full of inaccuracies, and it's purposely misleading.
child_harold

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 24, 2016, 06:27:14 AM

So sad to see this Eth vs Lisk image rolling around, is a copy-paste of the Expanse vs Eth. It's full of inaccuracies, and it's purposely misleading.

Im not sayin ur wrong, in fact ur probably right.
The number of "2.0 coins" riding in on ETH's jet fuel is highly suspect…

Some quotes would be helpful in future tho.

HCLivess
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1090

=== NODE IS OK! ==

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2016, 10:00:01 AM

Huh Lisk is a clone of crypti XCR with a new logo and NEW FUNDING.
They stole the Crypti ICO and now they want a new one, because they can.
If you're stupid enough to invest, good luck to you.

iudica

Activity: 704
Merit: 559

online justice

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2016, 11:02:00 AM

"They" didn't steal it, crypti is open source. The Lisk team contributed a lot to the crypti community. But last year they realised that that way the coin and the abilities of the underlying software is dying.

So they decided, to make a refresh.

I understand your point of view, they collect money for an already existing software. But they will provide a new community, new support and marketing for the coin and will reinvest the collected money into the development of the coin and its infrastucture.

Rotator

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 24, 2016, 11:48:16 AM

I wonder why all these good ideas must come with ICO?
Because ICO is not always good idea.
How come coders can't find different approach to financing their project i wonder?
Or my first thoughts have better chances to be truth.
Vaccomondus

Activity: 224

View Profile
February 24, 2016, 01:01:38 PM

The LISK ICO will probably not make as much as the ETH ICO did  Wink

Why do you believe that? It seems to have some very good backing and ideas behind it.

because usually a clone do worst than the first one  it's always like that
iudica

online justice

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2016, 01:18:34 PM

Like libre office (which is a clone of open office) and open office? Like odoo and tinyerp? Like wordpress and cafelog Wink

All 3 clones are much more prominent today than their origins.

bakedrice

Activity: 338

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2016, 07:12:44 AM

scam vs scam

Abiky (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3234
Merit: 1364

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
February 25, 2016, 05:17:56 PM

"They" didn't steal it, crypti is open source. The Lisk team contributed a lot to the crypti community. But last year they realised that that way the coin and the abilities of the underlying software is dying.

So they decided, to make a refresh.

I understand your point of view, they collect money for an already existing software. But they will provide a new community, new support and marketing for the coin and will reinvest the collected money into the development of the coin and its infrastucture.

Now that you state this, it makes me wonder whenever Crypti would still exist or will it be merged into Lisk once its ICO is finished? Perhaps, Lisk would replace Crypti, but if it doesn't it will be a fierce competition between 3 different dapp platforms: Ethereum, Crypti and Lisk. Which one will prevail?  Roll Eyes

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
Rotator

Activity: 308

View Profile
February 25, 2016, 05:19:38 PM

This just became very promising job. Create coin sell it for hundreds of bitcoins.
Give people something to talk about, roadmap, or something. Pay few btc for marketing.
 Create a signature campaign. Grin

After some time just stop to update an even go to SLACK with followers.
And here you go, scam complete.
iudica

online justice

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2016, 08:08:39 PM

Now that you state this, it makes me wonder whenever Crypti would still exist or will it be merged into Lisk once its ICO is finished? Perhaps, Lisk would replace Crypti, but if it doesn't it will be a fierce competition between 3 different dapp platforms: Ethereum, Crypti and Lisk. Which one will prevail?  Roll Eyes

i think Crypti will merge.

Which one will prevail?  Roll Eyes

Let me watch in my crystal ball, it is...

I think the biggest advantage of Eth is it is so well known and hyped. And much more money through the ICO.

Lisk has his advantage in javascript. Very easy to develop and integrate this coin into projects. It is like PHP. Everybody tells you that it isnt the proper programming language to develop software, but so much famous software are out there, written in PHP.

tyz
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 1533

View Profile
February 25, 2016, 09:11:53 PM

Agree, if the development of the original is going into the wrong direction, it makes sense to fork, correct and choose a different way.
Lisk is doing exactly that and i believe we will see a new approach which could compete with Ethereum and in some way with Expanse.
But, let's see first what iota is bringing soon.

Like libre office (which is a clone of open office) and open office? Like odoo and tinyerp? Like wordpress and cafelog Wink

All 3 clones are much more prominent today than their origins.

stoat

Activity: 686
Merit: 270

FREEDOM RESERVE

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2016, 10:00:45 PM

I just don't see it happening.  To launch a coin like this on the market at this time will be a flop.

ICO then directly a launch after that?   Where are the buyers going to come from?  They will have all invested in the ICO, aint nobody going to buy that coin.

FREEDOMRESERVEFree currency for the British Isles
Visit our website for more info

<-- Click here!
FREEDOMRESERVE By the People and for the People
slaveforanunnak1

Activity: 743
Merit: 502

View Profile
February 26, 2016, 05:17:31 AM

Vitalik. Period. any questions?
gtfoh with that lisk bs
cyberhacker
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 26, 2016, 05:31:15 AM

Quote from: BigCat45 on Today at 04:54:46 AM
I can understand the hype all you guys are going through, as I said I will change all of my XCR into LISK, but at this stage just to make sure I am not the only one surprised here...

I do not know the latest stats, but in the morning community gave these two guys $1/2 MILLIONS where one was a promoter and the other one a freelancer in a project they both joined after it needed some $help. After reading all these "cheerleaders'" type of pages (here I must say I have nothing to do with psychology) I looked at Vitalik's face and Max's face ... and just dropped 15BTC into ETH. Although technology is there, there is no way to compare to ETH, don't forget the f..cked original devs.

I will not invest a single satoshi here. I am glad you all already calculating how much profit you made, but to me personally I would not marry a girl who had 3 previous husbands dead, you want to know why? self-preservation.

wow such well stated observation.

can't agree with you more.

let me put this into Chinese. This is just funny.

我不知道最近的进展,但这个所谓的社区已经扔了50万美刀给这两个家伙,其中一人是个做推广的,另一个是个自由职业者。两人加入的原因无非就是缺钱。阅览了btt上长篇累牍的拉拉队似得叫卖后,我不禁看了看vitalik 和 MAX的面相,毫不犹豫的又扔了150个币买以太。尽管(lisk)是有一丁点技术含量,但跟以太是天地之别。别忘了,这些开发者的来路。

俺不会投一分钱。逗逼的是,你们竟然已经在计算要获利多少。但对于我来说,绝不会去娶一个有三个前夫的娘们。知道为什么么?明哲保身 洁身自好。

My Chinese is proving a lot.

tks

this is one of best stated scenario i have ever seen.

LISK is well refurbished crap coin. nothing more.

A PR guy + a web developer+ numbers of cheer leaders.

it will crash soon.

smart ppl will ask for  refund very soon.
iudica

online justice

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2016, 07:17:54 AM

Vitalik. Period. any questions?
gtfoh with that lisk bs

Will Vitalik program all the application by himself? No, so you see the advantage of a coin, which comes with a well known programming language.

I looked at Vitalik's face and Max's face ... and just dropped 15BTC into ETH.

Thanks God, that you are here and writing in this forum. I mean, with such prejudices and without proper arguments better here then in real life, where you could really harm people if you would be a judge, HR-Manager, teacher or so.

tyz
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 1533

View Profile
February 26, 2016, 07:03:20 PM

I heard many similar statements when Ethereum was announced. There was a bunch of people like you. I do not know if Lisk will become a successful project / coin but you should give better arguments.

Quote from: BigCat45 on Today at 04:54:46 AM
I can understand the hype all you guys are going through, as I said I will change all of my XCR into LISK, but at this stage just to make sure I am not the only one surprised here...

I do not know the latest stats, but in the morning community gave these two guys $1/2 MILLIONS where one was a promoter and the other one a freelancer in a project they both joined after it needed some $help. After reading all these "cheerleaders'" type of pages (here I must say I have nothing to do with psychology) I looked at Vitalik's face and Max's face ... and just dropped 15BTC into ETH. Although technology is there, there is no way to compare to ETH, don't forget the f..cked original devs.

I will not invest a single satoshi here. I am glad you all already calculating how much profit you made, but to me personally I would not marry a girl who had 3 previous husbands dead, you want to know why? self-preservation.

wow such well stated observation.

can't agree with you more.

let me put this into Chinese. This is just funny.

我不知道最近的进展,但这个所谓的社区已经扔了50万美刀给这两个家伙,其中一人是个做推广的,另一个是个自由职业者。两人加入的原因无非就是缺钱。阅览了btt上长篇累牍的拉拉队似得叫卖后,我不禁看了看vitalik 和 MAX的面相,毫不犹豫的又扔了150个币买以太。尽管(lisk)是有一丁点技术含量,但跟以太是天地之别。别忘了,这些开发者的来路。

俺不会投一分钱。逗逼的是,你们竟然已经在计算要获利多少。但对于我来说,绝不会去娶一个有三个前夫的娘们。知道为什么么?明哲保身 洁身自好。

My Chinese is proving a lot.

tks

this is one of best stated scenario i have ever seen.

LISK is well refurbished crap coin. nothing more.

A PR guy + a web developer+ numbers of cheer leaders.

it will crash soon.

smart ppl will ask for  refund very soon.
Abiky (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3234
Merit: 1364

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
February 26, 2016, 08:36:24 PM

Will Vitalik program all the application by himself? No, so you see the advantage of a coin, which comes with a well known programming language.

As JavaScript is a very popular and well known language for developers, I think it might give popularity to the Lisk platform itself if it keeps up with its promised features. Apart from that, this will make a very strong competition between Ethereum and Lisk. The good thing about this is that there will be more options to choose among many different dapp platforms. There is Ethereum, Shift, Expanse, Crypti, and now Lisk in which all has their advantages and disadvantages as well. If I were to choose the among the best ones, it would be from one to 3 and the order is the following. First up would be Ethereum, then Expanse and finally Lisk in my top ranked dapp platforms.  Grin

███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
houlala1

Activity: 179

View Profile
March 17, 2016, 02:58:01 AM

Javascrypt blabla it's the new brainwashing word
I can write a poor code in javascrypt, the cheerleaders will hype my shitty coin for me
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: