Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 11:55:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Tips for local transactions  (Read 730086 times)
Dotakels

Activity: 490
Merit: 255

View Profile
April 06, 2015, 07:31:06 PM

Most of these tips are precautions.  Just try to buy and sell from someone who has a good reputation and wants to maintain it. 

The only issue I have with following these tips is it encourages people to not go to new users...but for good reason.  I just wish there were more people in my area selling/buying bitcoin   
This tips are safety precautions . If you dont trust the new trader how they can trade? We must paying attention  who have a good reputation but, also in the beginner's  because all of traders that have good reputation are also begin to beginners so dont snob and pay attetion to new traders  . And if they have a good offer? And you snob them? The opportunity will lost and they will not try again yo trade because theres no anyone that will get their attention.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Stephen Gornick
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010

View Profile
April 06, 2015, 10:07:35 PM

Just wanted to share that there is a useful alternative to escrow available now ...
 - http://BitRated.com

BitRated takes advantage of mutlisignature transactions such that buyer and seller will each have a key but also the individual from BitRated chosen for arbitration will receive a key as well.  Two of the three keys are needed to spend the funds from the transaction.

Even if you aren't needing this type of transaction, it is still a good idea to register on BitRated and to build connections there (e.g., vouch for those who you've traded with and ask others who trust you to vouch for you).   This could become a very useful tool for those doing face-to-face trading as well as online trading.

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

Ernest1

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 19, 2015, 03:48:53 AM
Last edit: April 19, 2015, 08:09:53 PM by Ernest1

Just wanted to share that there is a useful alternative to escrow available now ...
 - http://BitRated.com

BitRated takes advantage of mutlisignature transactions such that buyer and seller will each have a key but also the individual from BitRated chosen for arbitration will receive a key as well.  Two of the three keys are needed to spend the funds from the transaction.

Even if you aren't needing this type of transaction, it is still a good idea to register on BitRated and to build connections there (e.g., vouch for those who you've traded with and ask others who trust you to vouch for you).   This could become a very useful tool for those doing face-to-face trading as well as online trading.
multi-signature transactions sound useful in some situations
Ernest1

View Profile
April 19, 2015, 07:53:49 PM

Followed the suggestions in this thread, contacted a dealer from localbitcoins and bought over one bitcoin with cash.  Everything went smoothly. 

Bagatell

Activity: 722
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 20, 2015, 06:26:41 AM

Followed the suggestions in this thread, contacted a dealer from localbitcoins and bought over one bitcoin with cash.  Everything went smoothly. 

Good to hear.
Ernest1

View Profile
April 20, 2015, 03:25:58 PM

The bitcoin dealer wanted my buying experience to be a good one.
sikaxchange

Activity: 14

View Profile
April 21, 2015, 12:58:04 PM

this was really a lengthy but helpful tip, thanks
Dotakels

View Profile
April 21, 2015, 01:31:41 PM

Most of these tips are precautions.  Just try to buy and sell from someone who has a good reputation and wants to maintain it. 

The only issue I have with following these tips is it encourages people to not go to new users...but for good reason.  I just wish there were more people in my area selling/buying bitcoin   
If you not to go or trade in new users how they get a chance to make their nane became famous? Or the reputation that they will get?I know the risk you trade in new users but give them a chance to prove that they are not scammer and to prove that they are trtrustworthy
Ernest1

View Profile
April 27, 2015, 07:17:17 PM

I completed my first local sale of bitcoin over the weekend, mostly to see if I could.
bandana

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 26, 2015, 12:53:50 PM

the information you provided is good but I have one question In my mind.
what if we meet a unknown person in a public place and he has some connection to the public property
how will we able to track him down then?
Dotakels

View Profile
May 26, 2015, 01:28:34 PM

the information you provided is good but I have one question In my mind.
what if we meet a unknown person in a public place and he has some connection to the public property
how will we able to track him down then?
You can tracked him by using his information in social media. I think that all people have a social media right now! and they don't just be an arrogant in just simple social media
mahi4ever

Activity: 56

View Profile
June 20, 2015, 07:12:24 PM

Good and great tips for all new users .
This will really help out.
maheshmahi

Activity: 56

View Profile
June 20, 2015, 07:14:09 PM

Read this thread.found to be great tips.
Hope so may help for newbies.
Kapz786

Activity: 697
Merit: 503

View Profile
July 06, 2015, 07:05:42 PM

Good tips for local trading. I've never done local trading yet, when I get to that point, I will refer to this. Thanks for providing the info.
Dotakels

View Profile
July 09, 2015, 08:37:18 AM

Good tips for local trading. I've never done local trading yet, when I get to that point, I will refer to this. Thanks for providing the info.

Its a great help to a traders who will trade some day and didn't know what to do so that they won't scammed and they feel safe.
Dotakels

View Profile
August 02, 2015, 03:21:33 PM

Hey, I will be fresh to these kind of income finding procedures, can anyone clarify some thing genuinely fast how this works. Kiss Undecided Sad Cheesy Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley
Just trade on place that you may feel secured and if your trading partner do wrong things like he can scammed you or threaten your life if you not gave what they need. And for your question just join in signature campaign and make your own wallet and address. And recommended to you is to use different faucets.
lady Royal

Activity: 720
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2015, 04:03:07 PM

Meeting:
There are three main things I look for in meeting places:
  • Public Location - Are there plenty of people around?
  • WiFi Access - Is there free or cheap public WiFi access in the area?
  • Security - Are there security cameras or security guards in the area?

Public Location:
Public locations are like Local Trading 101: it is always better to meet in a public place. Scammers and muggers are a lot less likely to try anything with witnesses around. You can usually find these people early on by simply requesting a public meeting place: they want to meet their victims alone.

WiFi:
Places like McDonalds, Starbucks, Barnes & Noble, and many local coffee shops offer free WiFi access. A lot of hotels offer WiFi as well, but usually not for free or to non-customers. Bring a laptop or tablet with you if you have one so you can check transaction details and confirmations. Depending on what you're buying/selling/trading, having a computer to do some last second research on item values can never hurt if you're worried about getting the short end of the stick.

Security:
A location with security cameras adds an extra layer of security to a trade. If the other party does get away with stealing from or scamming you, you'll have physical evidence in a recording that can help the authorities track the offender down and bring him to justice. Security guards can help set your mind at ease if you're concerned that you might get mugged: muggers are a lot less likely to rob you if there's a guard with a gun a few yards away. A guard can easily step in and save you if a mugger does start attacking you.

My personal recommendation would be to meet at a mall, if there's one in your area. Malls have tons of security measures to help protect you as you make your trade, and many malls have WiFi access across the entire property: there's a good chance that one of the mall's stores has WiFi access even if the mall itself doesn't. Banks are a good choice too: banks have great security, and some bigger banks have WiFi access as well.

Thanks for sharing your Experience as it is really Helpful not only in case of bitcoin .. .. also help full for new meetup with strangers ...
the best way to do protect from muggers and other who may can put u in danger ... Smiley

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
■   .PRIVATE SALE is LIVE.   ■
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
Whitepaper   ■   Bounty   ■   Bitcointalk

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
                        ███
                     ▄▄ ▀▀▀ ███
                     ██▀ ▄▄ ▀▀▀
                   ▄▄    █▀▀ ▄▄ ██
                   ▀▀ ▄█  ▄▄ ▀
                  ██  ▀ ▄ ▀
                  ▄▄ █▄ ▀▀
                  ▀▀  ▄ ▀
   ▄▄              ██ ▀ ▀
   ██▀               ▄ ▀
  ▄  ▄█         ▄ ▄   ▀
 ███  ▀ █▄ ▄▀ ▀▄  ▀  ▄ ██ ██
  ▀▀ █▄ ▄  ▄█ ▀ █▀  ▀ ▄ ▄▄  ▄█▄
███     ▀▀   ▄█▄       ▄ ▀ ▄ ▀ ▄
▀▀▀ ██ ██ ██  ▀         ▄▄ ▀▀ ▀██
                         ▀ ▄█  ▄▄
                        ▄█ ▀▀ ▀██
                        ▄ ▄█▄
                       ▀▀ ▀▀
                      ██
..Skynet..
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
Telegram   ■   Facebook   ■   Twitter   ■   Medium   ■   Reddit   ■   LinkedIn
.CREATING THE INTELLIGENT MACHINE ECONOMY.

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
amazonamajesty

Activity: 11

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2015, 01:24:12 AM

That's A Very good Topic. Thank You So much !
Chloecray

Activity: 1

View Profile
August 06, 2015, 02:39:29 AM

I think my jammer can be very useful in such a privacy-in danger world ,jammmers can be used in hospitals in order to prevent the disturbence for some boby test.if some one have the interesting in understand the jammer deeply can come here LoJack Signal Jammer
wasim akram

Activity: 14

View Profile
August 22, 2015, 05:38:47 AM

hahaha...I can hack WiFi..and thnx to post
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  

Jump to: