Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Is America a failed nation?
Yes - 26 (35.1%)
No - 48 (64.9%)
Total Voters: 74

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is America a failed nation?  (Read 9702 times)
sallymeeh27

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

www.secondstrade.com - 190% return Binary option

View Profile
March 11, 2016, 08:25:53 PM

I believe so that America is not a falling nation for most of other country depends on American economy. Other countries including Asia, depend always on America including defense force and other economic ways. I still remember when America economy falls, followed all other countries for recessions, loosing jobs and closing business this is so sad during that time..

Piltover

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 11, 2016, 10:20:25 PM

I believe so that America is not a falling nation for most of other country depends on American economy. Other countries including Asia, depend always on America including defense force and other economic ways. I still remember when America economy falls, followed all other countries for recessions, loosing jobs and closing business this is so sad during that time..

That is not a reason for not being a failed nation. Them being important is evident but them a failed nation? Well opinions differ. My opinion is they are halfway there with Trump becoming the next president. They will come in a big downfall. that's for sure.
pitham1
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 13, 2016, 03:39:49 AM

That is not a reason for not being a failed nation. Them being important is evident but them a failed nation? Well opinions differ. My opinion is they are halfway there with Trump becoming the next president. They will come in a big downfall. that's for sure.

Trump might be throwing a lot of radical views right now, but he will temper down if he does indeed become president. He is just playing to the gallery right now. He will become practical once he is elected.

cooldgamer
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003

We are the champions of the night

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2016, 03:41:46 AM

Trump might be throwing a lot of radical views right now, but he will temper down if he does indeed become president. He is just playing to the gallery right now. He will become practical once he is elected.
I don't know, he seems like the kind of guy that actually believes what he's saying, which is a scary as hell thing.  I'm putting more faith in the checks and balances than ever before if he does become president... not looking forward to what his ideas of making America great again would look like.

vero

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 13, 2016, 05:54:11 AM

Is America a failed nation? No, The United States of America is a powerful country with enough money to cover all of its population necesidades especially health and education (all classes). Because do not forget money for a second and think about the excellent health that could be all there, what would be the envy of other countries.

JosNekoKopa

Activity: 476

View Profile
March 13, 2016, 11:30:37 AM

Is America a failed nation? No, The United States of America is a powerful country with enough money to cover all of its population necesidades especially health and education (all classes). Because do not forget money for a second and think about the excellent health that could be all there, what would be the envy of other countries.
But please tell us who holds all that money you are talking about?
You are probably right about rich but this wealth is not distributed well.
Whole world suffering from the same problem.
But a majority of US citizens actually don't have their own money only credits and mortgages.
Kingno.1

Activity: 243

View Profile
March 13, 2016, 05:24:22 PM

America is not a failed state. Though in present scenario it is heavily indebted but it will come out of this trouble soon. It has huge army, huge power in UN and lot of resources.
RealPhotoshoper
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 13, 2016, 05:44:59 PM

NO,America have so many debt,but that used for ther future,maybe if America investment paid for their debt,it will more than enough,as we know,so many American companies in around the world.
bitlancr

Activity: 616

View Profile
March 13, 2016, 06:19:24 PM

NO,America have so many debt,but that used for ther future,maybe if America investment paid for their debt,it will more than enough,as we know,so many American companies in around the world.

The debt is a big problem. And they keep on spending and spending. In the end they will see raising the debt ceiling is not fixing the problem but just a way to passing it through to other generations. Eventually they will have to pay the price for it. But does that make them a failed nation? No, it doesn't.
MingLee

Activity: 490
Merit: 520

View Profile
March 13, 2016, 06:23:24 PM

The debt is a big problem. And they keep on spending and spending. In the end they will see raising the debt ceiling is not fixing the problem but just a way to passing it through to other generations. Eventually they will have to pay the price for it. But does that make them a failed nation? No, it doesn't.

I would find it very hard for anyone to make a sound argument as to how America would be a failed nation, they have one of the largest economies in the world as well as being the primary influence in international politics.

If something was to happen in which America collapsed due to one of the issues like debt, then i can see there being more evidence for a debate like this, but there simply isn't enough legitimate content to discuss.
Jog4444

Activity: 266

SEIZED by Gunthar

View Profile
March 13, 2016, 06:30:32 PM

Wouldn't consider America a failed nation.
Disappointing, yes to a degree. It has it ups and down. Its the melting pot of our place we call earth. Tongue
The economy is fairly solid I'd say.
Sad thing about Trump is that I see him winning the election.
I'm not a supporter of Trump (obviously) but think he'd be better then clinton.
We can only wait and see..

I'd vote liberal if it actually had a chance!

ta-ta for now

gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
March 13, 2016, 10:21:54 PM

Much of the global population either wants to move there or blow it up. That sounds like a success in my book however you look at it.
chesthing
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 14, 2016, 12:19:08 AM
Last edit: March 14, 2016, 12:35:08 AM by chesthing

YES:

USA largest debtor nation in history of human species
Obamacare ruined everything
Federeal reserve
0% rates
Eventual economic collapse or hyperinflation

NO:

Largest military ever not going down without a fight
NSA is spying on everyone

What do you guys think?

Fuck you with that Obamacare ruined everything shit. Things started to turn when Nixon took us off the gold standard, our fate was sealed when Reagan showed how easy it is to put today's debt onto future generations. GWB sank the final nails into our economic coffin.
You want to place the blame? look at repubtards. If they hadn't fucked things up so bad, the US would actually be able to afford health care like the rest of the industrialized world instead of putting us deeper in debt and giving idiots like yourself something to bitch about.
valta4065

Activity: 826

Join @Bountycloud for the best bounties!

View Profile
March 14, 2016, 10:15:34 AM

-gone-

Whaou, if US is and example of what the world should become I'd better die alone Oo
I didn't tell whole world just looks like US but some norms and rights can become example
 for EU and the rest of the world. I'm talking about equality of all citizens.

You mean how a rich can pay an attorney while a poor can't, how a rich can pay a doctor but a poor can't, how a rich can afford an education but a poor can't?

Yeah. Equality.

█▄       ▄                                            ████     ▐███▌                                               
    ▐████▄ ▄██                                           █████     ████▌                                               
    ▐█████████▌                                          █████     ████                                                
▄▄▄▄▄███████  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄                                   █████    █████                                 █████          
  ▀█████▀▀  ▄██████████▄                   ████     ▄██████████████████████                             █████          
    ▀▀  ▄▄██████████████                  █████     ██████████████████████                             ▄█████          
    ▄██████▀██▀█████████     ▄██████   ▄██████████      ████     █████          ▄████████    ▄██████▄  █████  █████    
    █████▀▀ ▀▀ ▀██████    ▄███████████ ███████████     ▐████     █████       ▄███████████  ██████████  ██████████████  
    ███████ █ ██████    ▄█████▀ ▐█████  ▐█████         █████     █████      ▄██████▀ ████ █████▀  ▀██  ██████████████  
    █████▄  ▄ ▄▄██████▌ ██████████████  ██████    ██████████████████████▄ ▄█████    █████ ████████     █████    █████  
   ▐██████ ██ █████████ ████████████    █████▌    ▀██████████████████████ █████    ██████  ██████████ ▄████▀   ▄█████  
   ████████████████████ ██████          █████          ████     █████     █████▄  ███████      ██████ █████    ██████  
   ██████████████████   █████████████  ████████      ▄████    ▐████▌     ██████████████  ███████████ █████    █████   
   ████████████████▀      ██████████     ███████▀     ████▀     ████▌     ████████▌ ███  ▀████████   █████    █████   

|
    Bet on Future Blocks & Earn a Passive Income   
             Supports Bitcoin, Ethereum, EOS and more!             
   🎰 Play Lottery
🎲 Play Dice
🍀Get Referral Bonus
    ▄████████▄
  █████▀█▀██████
 ████▄  ▄  ▀█████
██████▌ ▀▀▀ ▄████▌
██████▌ ███  ████▌
 ████      ▄▄████
  █████▄█▄█████▀
    ▀▀██████▀▀
    ▄▄███████▄
  ▄█████████████
 █████████▀ ▀▀███▄
▐███▌   ▀    ▐████
▐████        █████
 █████▀    ▄█████▀
  ▀█████████████
    ▀▀███████▀
   ▄▄███████▄▄
 ▄█████████████▄
▄████████▀▀   ███
████▀▀  ▄█▀  ████
██▄▄ ▄█▀     ████
▀█████      █████
 ▀████▄███▄ ███▀
    ▀███████▀
jak3
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
April 01, 2016, 06:16:01 PM

I don't think America is a failed nation because if it failed then why every country is comparing their stats with America in almost every filed such as technology economy etc so I don't think America is a failed nation
Laosai

Activity: 462

View Profile
April 01, 2016, 06:55:38 PM

I don't think America is a failed nation because if it failed then why every country is comparing their stats with America in almost every filed such as technology economy etc so I don't think America is a failed nation

Hmm... No country is doing that...
Science? You compare to Japan and France
Industry? You compare to Germany
Growth? you compare to Asia
Social policy and hapiness of the population? You compare to Scandinavia

The only thing USA is used to compare are mass shootings, racial violences and number of prisoners per habitant ^^

iram66680

Activity: 630
Merit: 502

View Profile
April 01, 2016, 07:00:03 PM

With all the failed mortages that resulted in bogus hedge funds in 2009, they are not recovered from that devastation as of yet. If Trump get voted into office then it will be the end of America and the beginning of Trump nation. A lot of Americans fear this future, so it will fail then.

cjmoles
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1017

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2016, 10:55:21 PM

First of all, America is not a nation it's a continent.  Second, if the USA was a failed nation then you wouldn't have to ask because it wouldn't fail all alone.  Many other nation's success is bootstrapped off the USA's economy.  A better question would be: "Where is the USA located on the civilization bell curve."  I think it would be somewhere near the top but not over the crest.
malzahar

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 01, 2016, 11:02:50 PM

I wouldnt say we are a failure.

I say we are more like behind or lagging you can say.. we got the potential to be great again if trump gets president and bail our the banks or some stupid financial move.

Sled

Activity: 1680
Merit: 535

Bitcoin- in bullish time

View Profile
April 01, 2016, 11:17:26 PM

I say its not a failure because it still the warlord of the world in a military way but in debt it is one of the countries that have and the inflation is high.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: