Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 09:42:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Default Trust List is a Joke.Theymos Save This Forum.  (Read 6230 times)
Lutpin
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1874

Goodbye, Z.

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2016, 05:27:10 PM

Then it should be clear who I am referencing! Grin
Maybe you should stop using "they" in your messages then.

▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀████▄
████▀██████▀█▀██████▀████
██████████████████████████
▐█████▄███████████████▄█████▌
▐███████▄▄█████████▄▄███████▌
▐██████▀█████████████▀██████▌
▐███████████████████████████▌
▀██████████████████████▀
▀████▄████▄▀▀▄████▄████▀
▀███████▀███▀███████▀
▀▀█████████████▀▀
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
   ███████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
███████

▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
            ██                          ▄▄▄▄▄▄                           ██
           ██  ██████                ▄██████████▄     ████████████████████▀
          ██  ████████             ▄████▀   ▀████▄    ████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
         ██  ████  ████           ████▀       ▀██▀    ████
        ██  ████    ████        ▄███▀                 ████

██  ████      ████       ███▀                  ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
      ██  ████        ████      ███                   ██████████████
     ██  ████          ████     ███▄                  ████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

██  ████████████████████    ▀████                 ████
   ██  ██████████████████████    ▀████▄        ▄██▄   ████

██  ████                ████     ▀████▄   ▄████▀    ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██  ████                  ████      ▀██████████▀     ████████████████████▄
  ██                                    ▀▀▀▀▀▀                           ██
   ▀█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Zeke2345

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
February 26, 2016, 05:38:14 PM

Then it should be clear who I am referencing! Grin
Maybe you should stop using "they" in your messages then.

Maybe you should not inject yourself into a problem without reading the three threads rotating around this issue.
Its two people in all three defending the action of this new group,maybe if all the names where posted I would adjust "they" but till this point it was just the two posting.
Why are you nit picking anyways,seems a bit off topic?

██████████    YoBit.net - Cryptocurrency Exchange - Over 350 coins
█████████    <<  ● $$$ - $$$ - $$$ - $$$ - $$$ - $$$ - $$$   >>
██████████    <<  ● Play DICE! Win 1-5 btc just for 5 mins!  >>
Lutpin
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1874

Goodbye, Z.

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2016, 05:43:19 PM

Maybe you should not inject yourself into a problem without reading the three threads rotating around this issue.
Its two people in all three defending the action of this new group,maybe if all the names where posted I would adjust "they" but till this point it was just the two posting.
Why are you nit picking anyways,seems a bit off topic?
Maybe I don't need to "inject" myself into anything, when I'm clearly mentioned as mexxer's "Brain child" in OP, and this thread is aswell agains me as it is against him.

▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀████▄
████▀██████▀█▀██████▀████
██████████████████████████
▐█████▄███████████████▄█████▌
▐███████▄▄█████████▄▄███████▌
▐██████▀█████████████▀██████▌
▐███████████████████████████▌
▀██████████████████████▀
▀████▄████▄▀▀▄████▄████▀
▀███████▀███▀███████▀
▀▀█████████████▀▀
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
   ███████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
███████

▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
            ██                          ▄▄▄▄▄▄                           ██
           ██  ██████                ▄██████████▄     ████████████████████▀
          ██  ████████             ▄████▀   ▀████▄    ████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
         ██  ████  ████           ████▀       ▀██▀    ████
        ██  ████    ████        ▄███▀                 ████

██  ████      ████       ███▀                  ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
      ██  ████        ████      ███                   ██████████████
     ██  ████          ████     ███▄                  ████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

██  ████████████████████    ▀████                 ████
   ██  ██████████████████████    ▀████▄        ▄██▄   ████

██  ████                ████     ▀████▄   ▄████▀    ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██  ████                  ████      ▀██████████▀     ████████████████████▄
  ██                                    ▀▀▀▀▀▀                           ██
   ▀█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀
MisterMiyagi (OP)

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 26, 2016, 05:59:03 PM

Maybe I don't need to "inject" myself into anything, when I'm clearly mentioned as mexxer's "Brain child" in OP, and this thread is aswell agains me as it is against him.

Maybe you need to stop your unethical assaults by miss using the DT power.Also the voting poll already has the answer "No one likes you around".What is the point of your existence in this forum tough guy ?

You're free to have your opinion, but community "vote" says otherwise

And this is what community says->

Code:
[b]Yes,they're Trust Abusing[/b]	- 4 (8.9%)
[b]Remove Mexxer-2[/b] - 1 (2.2%)
[b]Remove Lutpin[/b] - 5 (11.1%)
[b]Remove Both[/b] - 18 (40%)
[b]They're Doing A Good Job[/b] - 17 (37.8%)
Lock Voting
Edit Poll
Total Voters: 45

You think it is all a coincidence right ? Teaming up of all the members Hateful league has tagged and voting with multiple accounts .If this voting doesn't convince you ,I don't know what will.The point is,we want a decentralized system here wherever the majority is satisfied with the actions taken.
Heutenamos

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

Act #Neutral,Think y'self as a citizen of Universe

View Profile
February 26, 2016, 06:00:16 PM

Who are you ?

yo
MisterMiyagi (OP)

View Profile
February 26, 2016, 06:09:09 PM

Who are you ?
You seem like a sensible guy .My identity is of less importance.Fact that we shall try to bring neutralization back in this forum is the priority. I can't digest the fact that these clowns are destroying the system which took ages to build.
mexxer-2

Activity: 924
Merit: 1005

4 Mana 7/7

View Profile
February 26, 2016, 06:16:47 PM

My identity is of less importance.
Not meaning to "ad hominem "attack you but considering your only bragging point in this thread has been that you are a DT member yourself since some time, and are a legendary member, I'd like you to at the least name the account. Seems you're cool with it anyway

I can't digest the fact that these clowns are destroying the system which took ages to build.

Yeah, and you are yet to come up with a sensible explanation as to why we should be removed. Pure offending someone is easy, there's even a website based on it if you like http://foulomatic.hnldesign.nl/
MisterMiyagi (OP)

View Profile
February 26, 2016, 06:24:24 PM

Yeah, and you are yet to come up with a sensible explanation as to why we should be removed.
Unlike you,I like my decisions be based upon everybody's opinions.Fact is,you're too immature to understand how decentralization works.I would suggest you to read the bitcoin documentation if you haven't already.

About comments on my English Language ,I'm from Japan and to an extent I can read and write as long as my points are understood its Okay.Do you mind writing a two letter word in Japanese for me ? You cant.Stop using language as the barrier to attack in a discussion.
mexxer-2

4 Mana 7/7

View Profile
February 26, 2016, 06:32:25 PM

Unlike you,I like my decisions be based upon everybody's opinions.Fact is,you're too immature to understand how decentralization works.
Bitcoin protocol != trust system. This is a private forum if you haven't gotten to know it yet.
I would suggest you to read the bitcoin documentation if you haven't already.
I have , many times actually why you ask?

About comments on my English Language ,I'm from Japan and to an extent I can read and write as long as my points are understood its Okay.
I was commenting on you calling me a "foreign" , seems I made a mistake in catching your meaning behind it
Stop using language as the barrier to attack in a discussion.
Thought it was the other way around
Zeke2345

View Profile
February 26, 2016, 06:38:00 PM

If you read the manner that these two post you will see they both come at the issue in exactly the same manner.
Now a few say they are the same person and can see how that logic applies due to the obvious issues they have with reading between the lines.
If the way they have come at this thread and threads based around the same topic are of any evidence it is bad for the forum.
All anyone needs to do is look through these posts and see they often misunderstand what is being said or stated to them and they still
want people to be forced to explain themselves through private message.
If trusted accounts are stooping to harassing members in pm land,then why would they be trusted in the first place?
This idea that what they is doing is honorable and good,is just presuming that the intent is honest. Since no one knows,it should be scrutinzed a little more then open attacks on the community.

I also do not see a open discussion on this topic,rather a few stating this is how it is going to be and we should all except it.
Is that really how we want to run things here,by letting a few people take the reins and push their mandate on the rest of us?

This topic has turned into a wall since hardly any new voices are coming in and speaking their minds. Its pretty clear where those of us active in these threads stand. Would be nice to see others speak up.

So I clearly reference two people and you skip past that to say
"I didn't even comment on this thread yet."

So I am supposed to be able to understand that you are upset I left you out in reference?
You take offense to "they" which is defined and write that. Cheesy

Really have no time to piss around the barn,if you have a issue speak on it. Lets not get sidetracked in semantics. The issue for me is a group that seems to have a bit of a issue with
black & white thinking and a slight English issue,going to town on people because they now feel they have the conch(reference. Lord of the flies).
Step back see what the forum thinks and if you still disagree fine. At least we went through a process to show you are in the majority or you are way out in left field.

cryptodevil
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1240

Thread-puller extraordinaire

View Profile
February 26, 2016, 06:55:26 PM

Who Am I ?
I'm a legendary member following the forum since early 2011.

So you say, you could also be somebody else entirely. Why should we listen to a sock-puppet who posted a poll in which sock-puppets could have voted?

after a few illiterate mind's suggestions ,a couple of random foreigner's {I personally never heard of them before} were added to the DT-2 by Blazed.
Why should you have heard of them before and what's with the 'foreigner' xenophobia considering you claim to be Japanese and this concerns English-language posts?

1}None of them have a history of trades in this forum.{both Mexxer-2 & Lutpin}
The Trust system isn't about trades, it is about trustworthiness.

Why are you hiding behind a sock if you are supposedly such an esteemed forum member?

What are you afraid of?

It sounds more likely that you've been tagged for having been less-than-honest and you're bitching about them over something else entirely because you resent having been tagged.

Why are you hiding?

What have you got to hide?

WARNING!!! Check your forum URLs carefully and avoid links to phishing sites like 'thebitcointalk' 'bitcointalk.to' and 'BitcointaLLk'
whywefight
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1042

www.explorerz.top

View Profile
February 26, 2016, 07:11:21 PM

Maybe you need to stop your unethical assaults by miss using the DT power.Also the voting poll already has the answer "No one likes you around".What is the point of your existence in this forum tough guy ?

You're free to have your opinion, but community "vote" says otherwise

And this is what community says->

Code:
[b]Yes,they're Trust Abusing[/b]	- 4 (8.9%)
[b]Remove Mexxer-2[/b] - 1 (2.2%)
[b]Remove Lutpin[/b] - 5 (11.1%)
[b]Remove Both[/b] - 18 (40%)
[b]They're Doing A Good Job[/b] - 17 (37.8%)
Lock Voting
Edit Poll
Total Voters: 45

You think it is all a coincidence right ? Teaming up of all the members Hateful league has tagged and voting with multiple accounts .If this voting doesn't convince you ,I don't know what will.The point is,we want a decentralized system here wherever the majority is satisfied with the actions taken.

Thats great, while the poll stated something different, you didnt quote it, now while it fits your needs you do... great op, really great. self owning at its best!

mexxer-2

4 Mana 7/7

View Profile
February 26, 2016, 07:16:50 PM

No offense to whywefight but this is the post I'd like to see OP answer, he's been at first openly claiming something only to hide behind "Doesn't matter" later
Who Am I ?

So you say, you could also be somebody else entirely. Why should we listen to a sock-puppet who posted a poll in which sock-puppets could have voted?

after a few illiterate mind's suggestions ,a couple of random foreigner's {I personally never heard of them before} were added to the DT-2 by Blazed.
Why should you have heard of them before and what's with the 'foreigner' xenophobia considering you claim to be Japanese and this concerns English-language posts?

1}None of them have a history of trades in this forum.{both Mexxer-2 & Lutpin}
The Trust system isn't about trades, it is about trustworthiness.

Why are you hiding behind a sock if you are supposedly such an esteemed forum member?

What are you afraid of?

It sounds more likely that you've been tagged for having been less-than-honest and you're bitching about them over something else entirely because you resent having been tagged.

Why are you hiding?

Zeke2345

View Profile
February 26, 2016, 07:40:32 PM

So we have a topic about trust abuse and here we are going after a member because they do not want to disclose who they are.
Most likely the same reason few are stepping into this discussion out of fear of retaliation from a group. You leave neg rep after one another,so it would stand to be said you would attack in the same manner.
Its a distaction to hunt down who this account is because I could use the same argument against you by saying that you are all the accounts Blaze let in to trust. Its a pointless argument because I am not going to prove it and you are not going to find out who this is.
The more off course we get the more it shows you group are unstable when you feel like you are on the defensive.

Only thing I can think is this is a cultural difference that is in play,because it feels quite clear to me that there is some misuse of power.

whywefight
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1042

www.explorerz.top

View Profile
February 26, 2016, 07:54:13 PM

So we have a topic about trust abuse and here we are going after a member because they do not want to disclose who they are.
Most likely the same reason few are stepping into this discussion out of fear of retaliation from a group. You leave neg rep after one another,so it would stand to be said you would attack in the same manner.
Its a distaction to hunt down who this account is because I could use the same argument against you by saying that you are all the accounts Blaze let in to trust. Its a pointless argument because I am not going to prove it and you are not going to find out who this is.
The more off course we get the more it shows you group are unstable when you feel like you are on the defensive.

Only thing I can think is this is a cultural difference that is in play,because it feels quite clear to me that there is some misuse of power.

i dont have anything to be defensive about. i am here

Again, i welcome everyone on here to leave me feedbacks for my wrong doing with a reference so people can decide if the feedback is usefull or not.

mexxer-2

4 Mana 7/7

View Profile
February 26, 2016, 07:57:34 PM

Read the OP again, he's just way too important to disclose his details. Also this
Who Am I ?

Why are you hiding?

My identity is of less importance.
Not meaning to "ad hominem "attack you but considering your only bragging point in this thread has been that you are a DT member yourself since some time, and are a legendary member, I'd like you to at the least name the account. Seems you're cool with it anyway
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1520

No I dont escrow anymore.

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2016, 08:00:04 PM
Last edit: February 26, 2016, 08:23:34 PM by shorena

-snip-
a cultural difference that is in play,because it feels quite clear to me that there is some misuse of power.

or you are biased and your opinion should be discarded here.

-> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1363981.0

Edit: Allow me to clarify why I posted this. The discussion lacks good arguments as to why the two should be removed from DT. They are abusive is one argument, yet clear cases of abuse have not brought forth, besides for the gift cards. There is another thread discussing whether DT members should go against gift card sellers or not. I have a strong feeling that this (and the other two threads) are here for the same reason. Lutpin and mexxer-2 are new to DT so it is easier to attack them than others that took a stance against gift card sellers. It is in no way meant to attack or discredit you as a person, I think I just understood why this comes now and for what reason.

Im not really here, its just your imagination.
Zeke2345

View Profile
February 26, 2016, 09:15:00 PM

-snip-
a cultural difference that is in play,because it feels quite clear to me that there is some misuse of power.

or you are biased and your opinion should be discarded here.

-> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1363981.0

Edit: Allow me to clarify why I posted this. The discussion lacks good arguments as to why the two should be removed from DT. They are abusive is one argument, yet clear cases of abuse have not brought forth, besides for the gift cards. There is another thread discussing whether DT members should go against gift card sellers or not. I have a strong feeling that this (and the other two threads) are here for the same reason. Lutpin and mexxer-2 are new to DT so it is easier to attack them than others that took a stance against gift card sellers. It is in no way meant to attack or discredit you as a person, I think I just understood why this comes now and for what reason.

Obviously. Cheesy
I sold 2 giftcards on here because it was easy to unload them and got sick of seeing them sitting next to my computer,or near by in a drawer. But if that taints me,or how we are judged it just makes my issue with the group that more potent.

The forum has a tendency to go looking for dirt and cross some ones opinion out because of one aspect or another.
It could be my spelling or choice of words,this case a random sale. But I should mention that I was drawn to the thread initially because those sales did happen recent and was wondering what the deal might be with those amazon cards.
Figured it out but left disturbed that a group fancies harassing in private message those that are using the forum to make sales.
This does not change anything for me,maybe those that read but Its all out there for anyone to look into.

cryptodevil
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1240

Thread-puller extraordinaire

View Profile
February 26, 2016, 09:17:04 PM

No, dont be dishonest, the OP has failed to even make a coherent case for his claim about there being an abuse of the trust system. What we have instead is a rambling diatribe employing fallacious reasoning and ad hominem complaint about how the commercial issuers of gift cards are apparently fully aware they are open to abuse but don't care, as though that is a reasonable defense of dishonest behaviour, even if it were true, which is highly unlikely.

Then, when the sock-puppet's posts in this thread are challenged for being utterly void of merit and lacking in substance, we see him and other, equally vapid contributors to this discussion, try to claim there is a fucking 'cultural' issue and that they are being 'attacked'.

The only people being put 'on the defensive' here are the assholes who clearly don't like the trust system being used for the purpose it exists for, namely, communicating to other forum users the referenced proof of a user's dishonest behaviour.

WARNING!!! Check your forum URLs carefully and avoid links to phishing sites like 'thebitcointalk' 'bitcointalk.to' and 'BitcointaLLk'
mexxer-2

4 Mana 7/7

View Profile
February 26, 2016, 09:17:15 PM

The forum has a tendency to go looking for dirt and cross some ones opinion out because of one aspect or another.
It could be my spelling or choice of words,this case a random sale. But I should mention that I was drawn to the thread initially because those sales did happen recent and was wondering what the deal might be with those amazon cards.
Figured it out but left disturbed that a group fancies harassing in private message those that are using the forum to make sales.
This does not change anything for me,maybe those that read but Its all out there for anyone to look into.

Well you don't come close to untrustworthy in my book if thats what you mean
So if someone offers a 30% discount then he is untrustworthy?
give me a yes or no answer

Sad you take extreme approaches at certain things, it has been repeated by EcuaMobi that he considers many factors before being suspicious of an individual. If the discount was given for
1) Unlimited period of time
2) For more than 5 GC
3) The user has a shady history

Hell no, I'm not letting my post hide cryptodevil's

No, dont be dishonest, the OP has failed to even make a coherent case for his claim about there being an abuse of the trust system. What we have instead is a rambling diatribe employing fallacious reasoning and ad hominem complaint about how the commercial issuers of gift cards are apparently fully aware they are open to abuse but don't care, as though that is a reasonable defense of dishonest behaviour, even if it were true, which is highly unlikely.

Then, when the sock-puppet's posts in this thread are challenged for being utterly void of merit and lacking in substance, we see him and other, equally vapid contributors to this discussion, try to claim there is a fucking 'cultural' issue and that they are being 'attacked'.

The only people being put 'on the defensive' here are the assholes who clearly don't like the trust system being used for the purpose it exists for, namely, communicating to other forum users the referenced proof of a user's dishonest behaviour.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: