Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 09:44:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Should the GLBSE's documents be released?
Yes. - 66 (84.6%)
No. - 12 (15.4%)
Total Voters: 78

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Release of GLBSE's Documents  (Read 4232 times)
repentance

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 25, 2013, 09:36:24 PM

False accusations, misinterpretations of intention, speculations regarding liability, etc.

Those are all possibilities you were aware of when you started this thread.

My concern is that many Bitcoin enterprises are already ridiculously opaque.  I believe that when they fail, the identities and the actions of those involved with the business should no longer be protected - they should be subject to public scrutiny just as they are in the real world. 

Without such scrutiny, people have no idea whether the same people who were associated with one failed enterprise are operating a new one and they have little information on which to judge whether the failure was due to incompetence, malice, or factors which were truly beyond the control of the operators. 

I don't believe it is reasonable to expect the community to accept at face value the unexamined claims by service operators of why their business failed.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
ErebusBat

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

I am the one who knocks

View Profile
January 25, 2013, 10:30:06 PM

My guess is that we will never see these, or they would have been released by now.

░▒▓█ Coinroll.it - 1% House Edge Dice Game █▓▒░ • Coinroll Thread • *FREE* 100 BTC Raffle

Signup for CEX.io BitFury exchange and get GHS Instantly!  Don't wait for shipping, mine NOW!
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2013, 10:59:51 PM

My guess is that we will never see these, or they would have been released by now.

Unless, of course, the documents were also sent to another party. I'm just saying.
reg

Activity: 463
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 27, 2013, 09:53:16 AM
Last edit: January 27, 2013, 01:25:25 PM by reg

slightly lost the plot!!!

can anyone clarify my position as a previous shareholder of companies listed on glbse?

I know nefario released shareholder names to "companies" on the 12th december 2012. Since then, three I held shares with have contacted me and upheld their contracts/ dividends but five have not?.

Do I just wait and hope they will come forward? or do I name them and hope shame them into a reaction of sorts (even an acknowledgement would help)?

Or do I ask others in the same situation to band together to find a solution?

Or is there already a place this is happening?

How do the documents here help shareholders (of companies not contacting their shareholders?)exactly and will a resolution of that data resolve shareholders concerns?  Any clarification would be helpful. reg.
reg

Activity: 463
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 09, 2013, 10:49:39 AM

slightly lost the plot!!!

can anyone clarify my position as a previous shareholder of companies listed on glbse?

I know nefario released shareholder names to "companies" on the 12th december 2012. Since then, three I held shares with have contacted me and upheld their contracts/ dividends but five have not?.

Do I just wait and hope they will come forward? or do I name them and hope shame them into a reaction of sorts (even an acknowledgement would help)?

Or do I ask others in the same situation to band together to find a solution?

Or is there already a place this is happening?

How do the documents here help shareholders (of companies not contacting their shareholders?)exactly and will a resolution of that data resolve shareholders concerns?  Any clarification would be helpful. reg.

ok so I posted the question to the thread originator but got no reply- so re-posting as I am unwilling to just let this and my btc's go. reg
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  

Jump to: