Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 04:33:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  
Author Topic: The bASIC Refund Tracking Thread  (Read 40960 times)
regular

Activity: 297
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 23, 2013, 12:23:56 AM

are they using BTC to fund the CC refunds?  Hoping not.
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
nobbynobbynoob

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

Annuit cœptis humanae libertas

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2013, 12:31:44 AM

I put my refund request in on the 14th and it came through almost straight away. Well done, Tom/Dave! And best of luck in your future ventures, it was sad to part ways. We may meet again, if you have a final tangible product that is competitive with whatever else is about.

Earn Free Bitcoins!   Earn bitcoin via BitcoinGet
BTC tip: 1PKkvuwC24Vqjv9odigXs1QVzE66jEJqmb (if <200 µBTC, please donate to charity)
LTC tip: LRqXaNdF79QHvhPpS5AZdEJZnLiNnAkJvq (if <Ł0,05, please donate to charity)
ralree

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

Manateeeeeeees

View Profile
January 23, 2013, 03:03:01 AM
Last edit: January 23, 2013, 03:02:30 PM by ralree

* Order date: 30-Sep-12
 * Order number: 8**
 * Quantity BASIC01 (the $1069.99 72GH/s unit): 3
 * Quantity BASIC02 (the $599.99 36GH/s unit): 0
 * Quantity BASIC02 --> BASIC01 upgrade: 0
 * Order status currently shown on website: Cannot see
 * Payment type (Bitcoin or credit card): CC
 * Refund request Bitcoin address (if Bitcoin refund)
 * Date refund was requested: 13-Jan-13
 * Date refund was received (empty if not received): Chargeback

and another.

* Order date: 30-Sep-12
 * Order number: 8**
 * Quantity BASIC01 (the $1069.99 72GH/s unit): 5
 * Quantity BASIC02 (the $599.99 36GH/s unit): 0
 * Quantity BASIC02 --> BASIC01 upgrade: 0
 * Order status currently shown on website: Cannot see
 * Payment type (Bitcoin or credit card): CC
 * Refund request Bitcoin address (if Bitcoin refund)
 * Date refund was requested: 13-Jan-13
 * Date refund was received (empty if not received): Chargeback

Fixed.

1MANaTeEZoH4YkgMYz61E5y4s9BYhAuUjG
rampone

Activity: 339

dafq is goin on

View Profile
January 23, 2013, 03:21:44 AM

I am still waiting for the btc refund...

http://virwox.com - Bitcoins via CCard, Skrill, paysafe, paypal & SEPA
Convert your bitcoin into spendable fiat money in less than 2 days. Poker Players use this method to avoid "unnecessary trouble" with the country they live in ... PM me for details. +1:naz86,b4nana,tinua,smart1986,fhh
julz
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 23, 2013, 03:46:29 AM

these type of threads are BULLSHIT

we have always honored our refund requests but a thread like this basically just kills my business

Ask yourself this question:

Do you want a nice friendly refund as we have been giving or do you want to completely put me out of business?

because if you completely put me out of business than you are going to have to come to NY to take me to small claims court.

ask yourself this question, do you really want to come to NY to take me to small claims court? or do you just want to wait your turn and quietly get your requested refund as hundreds of people already have. Keep with the mob mentality its only going to keep you separated from your money longer.

this thread is bad for anyone seeking a refund, and the mods need to take notice and remove threads such as this.

HELLO CUSTOMERS
this is not good for you. Please stop.

im reporting this to the mods myself - I encourage others to do the same.

-Tom

Tom - this thread is the direct result of an information vacuum.
What would be good for business is a simple email to those who have asked for refunds to at the very least acknowledge receipt.

The last I heard from your team regarding refunds - was that CC chargebacks were recommended.
I've only held off on that because a) I believe I still have a little time left in my chargeback window
b) I *don't* want to cause your business harm if I can help it.

Fix your tone - and provide more info.  PLEASE.   

@electricwings   BM-GtyD5exuDJ2kvEbr41XchkC8x9hPxdFd
crazyates
Legendary

Activity: 952

View Profile
January 23, 2013, 04:01:43 AM

the only delays that have been experienced are the BTC refunds because we needed to buy some more BTC

I have enough Bitcoin to refund all my customers and buy 100 Avalons

btw: bounty still stands.

ROFL

Tips? 1crazy8pMqgwJ7tX7ZPZmyPwFbc6xZKM9
Previous Trade History - Sale Thread
miter_myles

Activity: 742

View Profile
January 23, 2013, 04:11:41 AM

we have always made good on our refund policy

the only delays that have been experienced are the BTC refunds because we needed to buy some more BTC

all CC refunds are made as soon as they are requested

and for reference I am on completely good terms with my CC Processor.

MODS REMOVE THIS THREAD PLEASE ITS ONLY GOING TO HURT CUSTOMERS IN THE LONG RUN

this will be the last post I post on here

You should of seen this forum a couple years ago, it was an amazing - positive place. Its a shit hole right now because of threads like this

Tom - are you fucking serious right now?  Have you completely checked out of reality?  Are you starting on another bottle?

This post should absolutely NOT be removed.  Given the "locked down" state of your forum and blatant disregard for active communication, users that don't use IRC have NO WAY of communicating with other bASIC pre-order customers at all.   This post should also STAY to serve as history for when people may think severely make a huge mistake about throwing their money at you again down the road.  Talk about a desperate cry for censorship (trying to get this thread removed) in a weak attempt to make yourself look like you are handling things properly, quickly and efficiently.. which CLEARLY you ARE NOT and HAVE NOT..  stop the bullshit Tom..

Talk about this place being "positive".. well it doesn't help when people like you take the opportunity to completely mishandle and fumble at every turn to assist in making things "less positive"..

Threads like this are helpful here, especially this one which was birthed solely due to your neglect and incompetence..

Bottoms Up!

BTC - 1D7g5395bs7idApTx1KTXrfDW7JUgzx6Z5
LTC - LVFukQnCWUimBxZuXKqTVKy1L2Jb8kZasL
miter_myles

Activity: 742

View Profile
January 23, 2013, 04:21:02 AM

just KNOW THIS

this is a FUCKING SHAME in the worst kind

we have a completed design and wafers that are nearly completed and chips packaged
all this is grinding to a halt due to mob mentality and massive refunds
i had a good friend who literally has millions of bitcoins step in and say he would save the project

well threads like this have encouraged 90% refund rate, so guess what happens now

I will be forced to sell 16,000 packaged Brute force SHA-256 Bitcoin mining chips to a single buyer who will no doubt use them for their own mining purposes, I dont want to do it but I will have to just to pay the refunds. This mob mentality may be the end of Bitcoin. We will see what this person does with these 16,000 ASICS. but just use your imagination

Oh well - thanks for playing though!  kthxbye!

If only you could communicate PROPERLY with your customers...

You made a Wiki - nothing of substance ever on it

You made a forum - nothing but "coming soon updates" & "we're close, going to beat BFL!!!111!11!1"

You have access to everyones email addresses that pre-ordered.. no mass email about status and updates???

Complete fumble-ru-ski on the refunding process.. barely any communication at all..  Dave doing the best he can but in the dark..

Let's revisit early Jan when you decided to clear some bottles and then come online and attempt to post complete thoughts AKA sentences which essentially spelled out you were fucking beyond lost and were selling the company to some "ASIANs"  - you think anyone in the right mind set would WANT to be a part of whatever you are doing anymore given how unprofessionally you handle things??

Then you have Dave and Lukas fly in for meetings which did not end well due to you being AWOL the next day...

What are you honestly expecting at this point?  

Forum vomit some minuscule details about your project that you strapped some C4 on and blew away earlier this month and expect.. "oh yay, ASICs! shut up and take my money again Tom!!"...  Nope.

BTC - 1D7g5395bs7idApTx1KTXrfDW7JUgzx6Z5
LTC - LVFukQnCWUimBxZuXKqTVKy1L2Jb8kZasL
mrb
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1027

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2013, 04:21:44 AM

there is no delay in CC refunds - only short delay in BTC refunds because we need to buy more BTC

So, THAT is why the exchange rate has jumped from $13 to $17. I have seriously suspected this was you the whole time Smiley No jokes!
jcpham

Activity: 165
Merit: 100

Your Argument is Irrelephant

View Profile
January 23, 2013, 04:28:13 AM

julz I called my CC company and requested chargeback. I had a unit in the first round (low 700's) I don't feel like getting involved in this thread (especially now that cablepair is singing to people) but I thought I would let you know my situation.

these type of threads are BULLSHIT

we have always honored our refund requests but a thread like this basically just kills my business

Ask yourself this question:

Do you want a nice friendly refund as we have been giving or do you want to completely put me out of business?

because if you completely put me out of business than you are going to have to come to NY to take me to small claims court.

ask yourself this question, do you really want to come to NY to take me to small claims court? or do you just want to wait your turn and quietly get your requested refund as hundreds of people already have. Keep with the mob mentality its only going to keep you separated from your money longer.

this thread is bad for anyone seeking a refund, and the mods need to take notice and remove threads such as this.

HELLO CUSTOMERS
this is not good for you. Please stop.

im reporting this to the mods myself - I encourage others to do the same.

-Tom

Tom - this thread is the direct result of an information vacuum.
What would be good for business is a simple email to those who have asked for refunds to at the very least acknowledge receipt.

The last I heard from your team regarding refunds - was that CC chargebacks were recommended.
I've only held off on that because a) I believe I still have a little time left in my chargeback window
b) I *don't* want to cause your business harm if I can help it.

Fix your tone - and provide more info.  PLEASE.  

julz
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 23, 2013, 04:56:14 AM

It's almost as if he wants to scare off all his customers so he can have the ASICS to himself.
..almost..

@electricwings   BM-GtyD5exuDJ2kvEbr41XchkC8x9hPxdFd
ralree

Manateeeeeeees

View Profile
January 23, 2013, 05:01:13 AM

just KNOW THIS

we have a completed design and wafers that are nearly completed and chips packaged
i had a good friend who literally has millions of bitcoins step in and say he would save the project

well threads like this have encouraged 90% refund rate, so guess what happens now

I will be forced to sell 16,000 packaged Brute force SHA-256 Bitcoin mining chips to a single buyer who will no doubt use them for their own mining purposes, I dont want to do it but I will have to just to pay the refunds. This mob mentality may be the end of Bitcoin. We will see what this person does with these 16,000 ASICS. but just use your imagination

You made a forum - nothing but "coming soon updates" & "we're close, going to beat BFL!!!111!11!1"

You have access to everyones email addresses that pre-ordered.. no mass email about status and updates???

Complete fumble-ru-ski on the refunding process.. barely any communication at all..  Dave doing the best he can but in the dark..

Let's revisit early Jan when you decided to clear some bottles and then come online and attempt to post complete thoughts AKA sentences which essentially spelled out you were fucking beyond lost and were selling the company to some "ASIANs"  - you think anyone in the right mind set would WANT to be a part of whatever you are doing anymore given how unprofessionally you handle things??

Then you have Dave and Lukas fly in for meetings which did not end well due to you being AWOL the next day...

Forum vomit some minuscule details about your project that you strapped some C4 on and blew away earlier this month and expect.. "oh yay, ASICs! shut up and take my money again Tom!!"...  Nope.

This is a decent synopsis of what it's been like to be a customer recently.  Also, after the massive refund week, he said he only received 200K USD in refund requests, and 100K USD in BTC refund requests.  AFAIK this is not even close to the total cash received from devices ordered (of course, only Tom would know).  He then posted that the devices would be shipping in March (this was 3 days ago), which sounded very positive.  I don't think this thread (or any thread) would have triggered more refunds than either the drunk post or the disappearance / missed buy-out meeting.

Tom - I hope you seek help, and I don't mean that insultingly.  What you tried to put together was amazing, and I doubt anyone here could have pulled it off by themselves.  You took on too much responsibility.  There will be those who fire back hate, but there are also customers who simply decided that it was bad business to continue with you (especially since chargeback deadlines were approaching for many of us).  At one point, Dave himself recommended customers seeking a refund do a chargeback.  This is still in your forum.  This was what really scared me away - not "threads like this one."  When someone that close to the project recommends you dispute the charge to his own company, something is SERIOUSLY wrong.

Please take some time and think about your future actions.  I'd suggest talking to a legal professional about your options with your company if it is indeed becoming insolvent.  Please remember that your life, health and family are much more important than this community, forum or project.

Take care.

hotdealdave

Activity: 61
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 23, 2013, 05:10:50 AM

this is complete INCORRECT information

all CC refunds are processed immediately

if you do a chargeback it will take MUCH longer (just the way the process works)

all refund requests should be sent to dave@bitcoinasic.com

there is no delay in CC refunds - only short delay in BTC refunds because we need to buy more BTC

too bad threads like this ruined what could of been one of the best opensource ASIC based miners available.

Go send your money to BFL

blocks will be 12.5  a piece by the time you receive your device

im gone for the night

just KNOW THIS

Really? Is he actually hinting/threatening that somebody is going to do the 51% attack that's been so thoroughly debunked already? My god, practicing alcoholics really do think and act like children. Thanks for the inspiration not to miss my meeting tomorrow!
Nemesis

Activity: 462

View Profile
January 23, 2013, 05:38:37 AM

just KNOW THIS

This is a decent synopsis of what it's been like to be a customer recently.  Also, after the massive refund week, he said he only received 200K USD in refund requests, and 100K USD in BTC refund requests.  AFAIK this is not even close to the total cash received from devices ordered (of course, only Tom would know).  He then posted that the devices would be shipping in March (this was 3 days ago), which sounded very positive.  I don't think this thread (or any thread) would have triggered more refunds than either the drunk post or the disappearance / missed buy-out meeting.

Tom - I hope you seek help, and I don't mean that insultingly.  What you tried to put together was amazing, and I doubt anyone here could have pulled it off by themselves.  You took on too much responsibility.  There will be those who fire back hate, but there are also customers who simply decided that it was bad business to continue with you (especially since chargeback deadlines were approaching for many of us).  At one point, Dave himself recommended customers seeking a refund do a chargeback.  This is still in your forum.  This was what really scared me away - not "threads like this one."  When someone that close to the project recommends you dispute the charge to his own company, something is SERIOUSLY wrong.

Please take some time and think about your future actions.  I'd suggest talking to a legal professional about your options with your company if it is indeed becoming insolvent.  Please remember that your life, health and family are much more important than this community, forum or project.

Take care.

Fuck that! His life and family are worth more than his customers money? You idiots are deserved to be scammed. Hes trolling and you guys all say " get help please" Yeah i know you have such a good heart.
SysRun

Activity: 616

Portland Bitcoin Group Organizer

View Profile
January 23, 2013, 05:47:07 AM

He's all over the place with conflicting information. He's rich then poor, then "millions of bitcoins" friend bails him out, then he has to sell. I'm fucking dizzy here! This was a scam from the start or mental illness from the start. Maybe a bit of both. Well, what does lukasbradley think?

Images are not allowed. As your member rank increases, you can use more types of styling in your signature, and your signature can be longer. See the stickies in Meta for more info.
Max 2000; characters remaining: 1781
ralree

Manateeeeeeees

View Profile
January 23, 2013, 05:49:16 AM

just KNOW THIS

Take care.

Fuck that! His life and family are worth more than his customers money? You idiots are deserved to be scammed. Hes trolling and you guys all say " get help please" Yeah i know you have such a good heart.

Um I'm not a customer anymore, and it's pretty sad that you think a bit of cash is worth more than someone's life.  Classy.  Ignored.

Bogart (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 966

View Profile
January 23, 2013, 05:53:13 AM

You too have my sympathy.

"All safe deposit boxes in banks or financial institutions have been sealed... and may only be opened in the presence of an agent of the I.R.S." - President F.D. Roosevelt, 1933
repentance

Activity: 868

View Profile
January 23, 2013, 05:55:13 AM

I will be forced to sell 16,000 packaged Brute force SHA-256 Bitcoin mining chips to a single buyer who will no doubt use them for their own mining purposes, I dont want to do it but I will have to just to pay the refunds.

And yet you just said that you had enough BTC to refund everyone and buy 100 Avalons...

This kind of shit is why you no longer have any credibility in this community and people would rather cancel their orders - which your millionaire friend should have anticipated was exactly what would happen when you closed your forum and provided no evidence whatsoever that the project was back on track - than take your word for it that you are capable of delivering ASICs in March.

You need to walk away from this project, Tom - for your own well-being, if nothing else.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
jwzguy

Activity: 868
Merit: 1002

View Profile
January 23, 2013, 06:01:16 AM

thatescalatedquickly.gif
ralree

Manateeeeeeees

View Profile
January 23, 2013, 06:02:12 AM

Quote from: cablepair
...I salute and congratulate all of you who have had the testicular fortitude to stick it out with us because you my friends will receive the ultimate reward.

Undecided

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  

Jump to: