Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 10:57:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  
Author Topic: The bASIC Refund Tracking Thread  (Read 40959 times)
Nemesis

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 23, 2013, 06:04:33 AM

Um I'm not a customer anymore, and it's pretty sad that you think a bit of cash is worth more than someone's life.  Classy.  Ignored.

One word for you: FCKING NAIVE !
Ok i lied thats 2 words.

You all seem like you can diagnose mental illness thro Internet.

I also have mental illness right now. Please show me your kind words and sympathy.

ps. its not a bit of cash, its the principal. Thief is the worst of all sins.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MrTeal
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
January 23, 2013, 06:09:56 AM

these type of threads are BULLSHIT

we have always honored our refund requests but a thread like this basically just kills my business

Ask yourself this question:

Do you want a nice friendly refund as we have been giving or do you want to completely put me out of business?

because if you completely put me out of business than you are going to have to come to NY to take me to small claims court.

ask yourself this question, do you really want to come to NY to take me to small claims court? or do you just want to wait your turn and quietly get your requested refund as hundreds of people already have. Keep with the mob mentality its only going to keep you separated from your money longer.

this thread is bad for anyone seeking a refund, and the mods need to take notice and remove threads such as this.

HELLO CUSTOMERS
this is not good for you. Please stop.

im reporting this to the mods myself - I encourage others to do the same.

-Tom

we have always made good on our refund policy

the only delays that have been experienced are the BTC refunds because we needed to buy some more BTC

all CC refunds are made as soon as they are requested

and for reference I am on completely good terms with my CC Processor.

MODS REMOVE THIS THREAD PLEASE ITS ONLY GOING TO HURT CUSTOMERS IN THE LONG RUN

this will be the last post I post on here

You should of seen this forum a couple years ago, it was an amazing - positive place. Its a shit hole right now because of threads like this

this is complete INCORRECT information

all CC refunds are processed immediately

if you do a chargeback it will take MUCH longer (just the way the process works)

all refund requests should be sent to dave@bitcoinasic.com

there is no delay in CC refunds - only short delay in BTC refunds because we need to buy more BTC

too bad threads like this ruined what could of been one of the best opensource ASIC based miners available.

Go send your money to BFL

blocks will be 12.5  a piece by the time you receive your device

im gone for the night

just KNOW THIS

this is a FUCKING SHAME in the worst kind

we have a completed design and wafers that are nearly completed and chips packaged
all this is grinding to a halt due to mob mentality and massive refunds
i had a good friend who literally has millions of bitcoins step in and say he would save the project

well threads like this have encouraged 90% refund rate, so guess what happens now

I will be forced to sell 16,000 packaged Brute force SHA-256 Bitcoin mining chips to a single buyer who will no doubt use them for their own mining purposes, I dont want to do it but I will have to just to pay the refunds. This mob mentality may be the end of Bitcoin. We will see what this person does with these 16,000 ASICS. but just use your imagination

For posterity.
gmaxwell
Legendary

Activity: 4158
Merit: 8382

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2013, 06:27:23 AM

Really? Is he actually hinting/threatening that somebody is going to do the 51% attack that's been so thoroughly debunked already?
If only it were true.
Nemesis

Activity: 462

View Profile
January 23, 2013, 06:28:59 AM

Really? Is he actually hinting/threatening that somebody is going to do the 51% attack that's been so thoroughly debunked already?
If only it were true.

When will he have his scammer tag?
punin

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2013, 06:34:13 AM

we have a completed design and wafers that are nearly completed and chips packaged

Well I wouldn't bee so worried about whoever will buy those 16k chips if the wafers are nearly completed but have already been packaged ^^

Head of Product Development
Bitfury Group
www.bitfury.com
mezzomix
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1252

View Profile
January 23, 2013, 07:07:10 AM

i had a good friend who literally has millions of bitcoins step in and say he would save the project

If this is would be true there is no reason to hold back refunds. In this case refund everybody, build the damn bASIC devices and ask for the money when the product is available.

As long as I did not receive a full refund, I expect a bASIC to be delievered ASAP. So don't piss your customers (as long as you did not refund we are your customers), don't drink but build and deliver the bASICs. Throwing bullshit at us will not help you.

well threads like this have encouraged 90% refund rate, so guess what happens now

If you feel pressured this is not our fault. You decided to take the pre-order money and you decided to start this communication disaster. You are responsible to deliver the bASIC ASAP and if you are not able to do this, you owe us an immediate refund. We delivered our money in full so now it's your part to deliver what you sold us.

I will be forced to sell 16,000 packaged Brute force SHA-256 Bitcoin mining chips to a single buyer who will no doubt use them for their own mining purposes, I dont want to do it but I will have to just to pay the refunds. This mob mentality may be the end of Bitcoin. We will see what this person does with these 16,000 ASICS. but just use your imagination

WTF? You will sell the devices we already paid for to a thrid party? Are you totally insane?

I personally think there will be no (BTC) refund and no product. Why do all those scammers make excuses and not just silence and run?
PuertoLibre
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1003

View Profile
January 23, 2013, 07:22:23 AM

If this is would be true there is no reason to hold back refunds. In this case refund everybody, build the damn bASIC devices and ask for the money when the product is available.

As long as I did not receive a full refund, I expect a bASIC to be delievered ASAP. So don't piss your customers (as long as you did not refund we are your customers), don't drink but build and deliver the bASICs. Throwing bullshit at us will not help you.

If you feel pressured this is not our fault. You decided to take the pre-order money and you decided to start this communication disaster. You are responsible to deliver the bASIC ASAP and if you are not able to do this, you owe us an immediate refund. We delivered our money in full so now it's your part to deliver what you sold us.

WTF? You will sell the devices we already paid for to a thrid party? Are you totally insane?

I personally think there will be no (BTC) refund and no product. Why do all those scammers make excuses and not just silence and run?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QR1jRM4XTyc
buzzdave
VIP

Activity: 472

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2013, 07:35:12 AM

For the record
1.  We've refunded a lot more than 200k - a LOT more.  Several times that amount.
2.  There is a delay for refund requests - they sit in my email inbox until I can work through them.  Each one is a little work-task that can take a few minutes or even 15 minutes.  I have every combination of combined orders, part CC/part BTC order, "refund only half my order", re-requests, no details provided, "please refund, wait don't refund, now refund again", the list goes on.  Our order system has to be updated as well. Its a slow process to do it right. 
3.  I've had a shit-ton of personal and business things happen over the last week and a half that have conspired to slow me down with processing the emails.  I can fly through the CC refunds quicker at least, then follow up with the remainder of BTC refunds for Tom.

Sorry for the weak excuses - I mean them to be explanations.

Best,
Dave

greyhawk

Activity: 938
Merit: 1009

View Profile
January 23, 2013, 07:50:21 AM

Shutting down troll mode temporarily.

Tom, it's not this kind of thread that killed your business. It's your alcoholism. I know that's hard to accept having been there myself. For your own sake, please seek help.
creativex

Activity: 434

View Profile
January 23, 2013, 08:00:58 AM

For the record
1.  We've refunded a lot more than 200k - a LOT more.  Several times that amount.
2.  There is a delay for refund requests - they sit in my email inbox until I can work through them.  Each one is a little work-task that can take a few minutes or even 15 minutes.  I have every combination of combined orders, part CC/part BTC order, "refund only half my order", re-requests, no details provided, "please refund, wait don't refund, now refund again", the list goes on.  Our order system has to be updated as well. Its a slow process to do it right. 
3.  I've had a shit-ton of personal and business things happen over the last week and a half that have conspired to slow me down with processing the emails.  I can fly through the CC refunds quicker at least, then follow up with the remainder of BTC refunds for Tom.

Best,
Dave

Thanks for the update Dave, you've been the voice of reason out of BTCFPGA for some while now.

Unacceptable
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 23, 2013, 08:47:22 AM

Shutting down troll mode temporarily.

Tom, it's not this kind of thread that killed your business. It's your alcoholism. I know that's hard to accept having been there myself. For your own sake, please seek help.

I've been clean & sober 16 years,made it all the way to the woods where rent is cheap & life is even cheaper (less valueable).If you need help finding an AA meeting or guidance,please feel free to PM me Tom.

Congrats greyhawk  Wink

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1225

Away on an extended break

View Profile
January 23, 2013, 11:39:55 AM

Cablepair's account is compromised. Please treat any correspondence with him as fake until we can confirm that he has obtained control back to his account.
mtbitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 876
Merit: 1000

Etherscan.io

View Profile
January 23, 2013, 11:41:28 AM

For the record

Best,
Dave

Dave

While I understand that most BTC refund request has to be forwarded to TOM, Can you at least send a notification or perhaps put up some sort of list so that your clients can check the status of their refund requests. I have a refund request that has been sitting since the 13th and knowing that it has been looked into would at least bring some comfort.

Cheers

EtherScan::Ethereum Block Explorer | BlockScan::Coming Soon
dunand

Activity: 637
Merit: 502

View Profile
January 23, 2013, 01:10:19 PM

I asked for a CC request on 13.
I received a confirmation email from Dave on 17.
The money landed on my account on 22.
JHenderson

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 23, 2013, 01:53:52 PM

I asked for a CC request on 13.
I received a confirmation email from Dave on 17.
The money landed on my account on 22.

I requested CC refund on the 13th and have received zero emails from Dave. Still waiting....

Order_date__         Order#   BASIC01     BASIC02     Upgrade     Order status             Payment type     Refund Bitcoin address                                 Refund request     Refund received     Username
19/09/2012   598   10         Refund Requested   CC   -   01/13/2013   no   Jhenderson
21/10/2012   1636   5         Refund Requested   CC   -   01/13/2013   no   Jhenderson
ralree

Activity: 518

Manateeeeeeees

View Profile
January 23, 2013, 02:56:40 PM

For the record

Best,
Dave

Thanks for the clarification!

1MANaTeEZoH4YkgMYz61E5y4s9BYhAuUjG
Bogart (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 23, 2013, 03:42:37 PM

Cablepair's account is compromised. Please treat any correspondence with him as fake until we can confirm that he has obtained control back to his account.

FWIW, I don't believe it.  I think it was really him posting.

I hope you guys can restore the posts if that proves to be the case.  I think they're important for ppl to see.

"All safe deposit boxes in banks or financial institutions have been sealed... and may only be opened in the presence of an agent of the I.R.S." - President F.D. Roosevelt, 1933
miter_myles

Activity: 742

View Profile
January 23, 2013, 03:50:10 PM

I hope you guys can restore the posts if that proves to be the case.  I think they're important for ppl to see.

+1 concur.. However -  I understand trying to contain the obvious shitstorm that would follow such a rampage, the threads could have been locked vice removed. 

Then much like BFL, there should be one thread dedicated for anything/everything Tom and bASIC. (just my opinion).

BTC - 1D7g5395bs7idApTx1KTXrfDW7JUgzx6Z5
LTC - LVFukQnCWUimBxZuXKqTVKy1L2Jb8kZasL
SysRun

Activity: 616

Portland Bitcoin Group Organizer

View Profile
January 23, 2013, 04:11:51 PM

Maybe it was an account hack, maybe it wasn't.

After Tom's other drunken ramblings I tend to believe it was actually him unless there's some compelling evidence and no, a TOR IP is not compelling.

Images are not allowed. As your member rank increases, you can use more types of styling in your signature, and your signature can be longer. See the stickies in Meta for more info.
Max 2000; characters remaining: 1781
dirtycat

Activity: 456

View Profile
January 23, 2013, 04:13:02 PM

+2 they were exactly like the wild rambling in his previous tipsy posts..

if it was compromised perhaps he gave out his password(s) in his drunken state.. if so lets hope only his bitcointalk account was the only thing accessed and nothing related to bASIC customer orders.

poop!
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  

Jump to: