Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 02:56:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  
Author Topic: The bASIC Refund Tracking Thread  (Read 40955 times)
AniceInovation
Donator

Activity: 446
Merit: 262

Interesting.

View Profile
January 23, 2013, 04:18:45 PM

It's a moderator. He has tools a normal mortal doesn't. So if he says it was hacked, it was.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1225

Away on an extended break

View Profile
January 23, 2013, 04:19:57 PM

Cablepair's account is compromised. Please treat any correspondence with him as fake until we can confirm that he has obtained control back to his account.

FWIW, I don't believe it.  I think it was really him posting.

I hope you guys can restore the posts if that proves to be the case.  I think they're important for ppl to see.

+2 they were exactly like the wild rambling in his previous tipsy posts..

if it was compromised perhaps he gave out his password(s) in his drunken state.. if so lets hope only his bitcointalk account was the only thing accessed and nothing related to bASIC customer orders.

His logs says otherwise. We've resetted his account and logged all active sessions out.
PuertoLibre
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1003

View Profile
January 23, 2013, 04:32:19 PM

Cablepair's account is compromised. Please treat any correspondence with him as fake until we can confirm that he has obtained control back to his account.

I hope you guys can restore the posts if that proves to be the case.  I think they're important for ppl to see.

if it was compromised perhaps he gave out his password(s) in his drunken state.. if so lets hope only his bitcointalk account was the only thing accessed and nothing related to bASIC customer orders.

His logs says otherwise. We've resetted his account and logged all active sessions out.
So I take it the logs say it was his normal IP the person was logging in from?
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1225

Away on an extended break

View Profile
January 23, 2013, 04:35:46 PM

So I take it the logs say it was his normal IP the person was logging in from?
The IP's should be different from his regular IP. You'll have to ask theymos for the exact variation, though.
server
Legendary

Activity: 892
Merit: 1002

1 BTC =1 BTC

View Profile
January 23, 2013, 04:52:45 PM

I don't believe the hacking story of Tom's account but let's give the guy a second chance.

Back on topic ?

Tom, refund...

GenTarkin
Legendary

Activity: 2450

View Profile
January 23, 2013, 05:09:29 PM

I don't believe the hacking story of Tom's account but let's give the guy a second chance.

Back on topic ?

Tom, refund...

Give tom a second chance? youre joking right? This guy has been given more chances than anyone ever in the community. Hes still dragging his feet, no  word on refunds in 4 days now, no word on product...cept this random rambling shit(hacker or not)..
I think its time we stop giving him chances .. tbh .. hes screwed all of us over enough(myself included). What, is it going on almost 2 weeks now since many of us have requested refund of BTC and none of us have gotten it....

BTW - my refund status - ordered 1 36gh unit, payment type BTC, was discussing w/ dave in email 1.5 weeks ago why not got my refund, he promised next day would send BTC, it never arrived, since then hes never gotten back to me in email.

GenTarkin's MOD Kncminer Titan custom firmware! v1.0.4! -- !!NO LONGER AVAILABLE!!
Donations: bitcoin- 1Px71mWNQNKW19xuARqrmnbcem1dXqJ3At || litecoin- LYXrLis3ik6TRn8tdvzAyJ264DRvwYVeEw
commonancestor

Activity: 58
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 23, 2013, 06:13:44 PM

Regardless whether it was or wasn't Tom, the situation is Tom should step forward and show his credibility (or face the refunds).
If the chips are finished, is there please a chance to take a photo? No secrets revealing, no clock buffers or anything.
If the business has run into problems, it would be wise to speak out and ask friends, the community, or the customers for help.
Maybe the customers will rather accept the problems and clarity, hence they are the venture capitalists.
BTW any news from the new owners? Or they are not owners yet? Or they are not the right owners? How confusing.
ralree

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

Manateeeeeeees

View Profile
January 23, 2013, 06:48:50 PM

Regardless whether it was or wasn't Tom, the situation is Tom should step forward and show his credibility (or face the refunds).
If the chips are finished, is there please a chance to take a photo? No secrets revealing, no clock buffers or anything.
If the business has run into problems, it would be wise to speak out and ask friends, the community, or the customers for help.
Maybe the customers will rather accept the problems and clarity, hence they are the venture capitalists.
BTW any news from the new owners? Or they are not owners yet? Or they are not the right owners? How confusing.

Correct - complete and full disclosure is the only option to save the project at this point.  I wish Tom would take that to heart.  It's either that or it all dies, he might recover some funds from selling the chips in bulk (probably a huge loss though in the end), and nobody is happy (except whomever gets those chips, probably).  If he came out and posted a long long description of exactly what is happening from an engineering standpoint, and allowed people to actually invest in a meaningful way instead of gamble on a pre-order, this could end nicely for everyone involved.  Laying out exactly what the costs are, when the money would be needed, and volumes of technical description would give people a way to chip in at each step of the process, and something could be worked out to reward their risk.  For instance, if the chips are fabricated and just need to be put on boards, tell us how much this one procedure would cost, and ask for an investment from the community so they can help pay for manufacturing costs directly.  This would allow the project to continue, and allow your customers to potentially receive a unit below retail price (as a reward for helping with production).  For those unwilling to take this risk, allow them to order a finished product when the units are complete (at a significant markup).  If each unit ends up costing $500 to manufacture, I think many people would pay that in installments at risk instead of waiting to pay $1079.  Just an idea - feel free to rip it apart.

1MANaTeEZoH4YkgMYz61E5y4s9BYhAuUjG
GenTarkin
Legendary

View Profile
January 23, 2013, 07:41:47 PM

keep in mind ... there was no proof of bASIC actually being anywhere in any plans for actually being designed / developed / fabbed / .. NO PROOF whatsoever. It could be completely fake, all these stories made up by dave / tom .. its entirely possible, it indeed could be a sad truth. Who knows .. at least the people who got their refunds are doing fine...

GenTarkin's MOD Kncminer Titan custom firmware! v1.0.4! -- !!NO LONGER AVAILABLE!!
Donations: bitcoin- 1Px71mWNQNKW19xuARqrmnbcem1dXqJ3At || litecoin- LYXrLis3ik6TRn8tdvzAyJ264DRvwYVeEw
MonsterZero

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 23, 2013, 07:47:47 PM

keep in mind ... there was no proof of bASIC actually being anywhere in any plans for actually being designed / developed / fabbed / .. NO PROOF whatsoever. It could be completely fake, all these stories made up by dave / tom .. its entirely possible, it indeed could be a sad truth. Who knows .. at least the people who got their refunds are doing fine...

People who have received their refunds still paid a cost, an actual monetary one if they paid with anything other than USD (BTC, Euro etc) due to exchange rates.  In any case they lost due to opportunity cost by placing orders with bASIC in all cases they made a choice to not deal with one of the alternative manufacturers and lost out on earlier delivery.
dextryn

Activity: 198
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 23, 2013, 08:07:44 PM
Last edit: January 23, 2013, 08:35:16 PM by dextryn

All orders are being refunded, it's over folks.

https://www.btcfpga.com/forum/index.php?topic=1048.0

Quoted from the site.

Quote from: cablepair

"First I want everyone to know - that all that nonsense that was posted on the Bitcointalk forum last night was not me. In fact I have not been on that forum in quite a while. My forum account was compromised and some people had some fun with it. I can't even get into the account now - so I am assuming that the admins checked the IP address and realized it was not me posting like a madman and locked my account for me. Either that or the intruder changed the password on me. Either way please DO NOT trust or believe anything that has been or is being posted by my Bitcointalk forum account. I plan to email theymos in a few moments to get my account back - I will update you when I once again have control over the account.

Many people have contacted me about buying these 16,000 chips - God I wished I had them, but I am sorry that post was not made by me and I do not have 16,000 chips to sell. I have to pay the second part of the deposit to receive the chips and I am not sure I will even be able to do that - although I am not giving up on the notion. I decided to not accept the loan that was offered to me to keep this company going. With a 90% refund rate there really is no point.

EVERY SINGLE CUSTOMER WILL BE REFUNDED. PERIOD.

I have the list of BTC Refunds and should be making those today.
All other CC orders will automatically be refunded today.

I hope you can please accept my deep apologies, I thought I could pull this off but it was just too much of an undertaking for me, I feel ashamed and embarrassed and I am so sorry that I could not come through for you. Everyone will receive their refunds. As a matter of fact I am starting on them now.

This will take a little time, we are talking thousands of refunds. I wish there was just a "refund all" button but unfortunately there is not one and I have to do this manually.

this forum will be locked from this point forward - if I need to tell you anything else I will post again otherwise you will not hear from me - your refund will come automatically and theres no reason for communication."
greyhawk

Activity: 938
Merit: 1009

View Profile
January 23, 2013, 08:22:26 PM

Quote from: cablepair
all that nonsense that was posted on the Bitcointalk forum last night was not me.

I know that feel. That was always my first thought too when I woke up after drowning myself in the bottle.
miter_myles

Activity: 742

View Profile
January 23, 2013, 08:29:02 PM

I believe Tom got a "community save" from his antics last night.. hopefully to finally come to a sense of ending with this whole shit storm..

BTC - 1D7g5395bs7idApTx1KTXrfDW7JUgzx6Z5
LTC - LVFukQnCWUimBxZuXKqTVKy1L2Jb8kZasL
Clearfly

Activity: 143

View Profile
January 23, 2013, 08:33:24 PM

there is no delay in CC refunds - only short delay in BTC refunds because we need to buy more BTC

So, THAT is why the exchange rate has jumped from $13 to $17. I have seriously suspected this was you the whole time Smiley No jokes!

Exactly what i thought, not that i'm grumbling though, it's meant my fpga's i bought 8 weeks ago have nearly paid for themselves already Smiley
makomk

Activity: 686
Merit: 564

View Profile
January 23, 2013, 08:35:19 PM

Looks like he's deleted or hidden the entire btcfpga.com forums aside from this post. Isn't having companies run their own forums grand?

Quad XC6SLX150 Board: 860 MHash/s or so.
SIGS ABOUT BUTTERFLY LABS ARE PAID ADS
dextryn

Activity: 198

View Profile
January 23, 2013, 08:38:26 PM

It's a shame.  At the beginning he seemed like the only down to earth/legit company.

Now there's none.

GenTarkin
Legendary

View Profile
January 23, 2013, 08:40:49 PM

this forum will be locked from this point forward - if I need to tell you anything else I will post again otherwise you will not hear from me

ROFL.... so basically hes high tailling it out of here...thats probably the only truth to the entire post. We shall see bout everyone getting their $ / BTC back - I suspect thats part of the lie.

YipYip

Activity: 574

View Profile
January 23, 2013, 08:42:01 PM

For the record
1.  We've refunded a lot more than 200k - a LOT more.  Several times that amount.
2.  There is a delay for refund requests - they sit in my email inbox until I can work through them.  Each one is a little work-task that can take a few minutes or even 15 minutes.  I have every combination of combined orders, part CC/part BTC order, "refund only half my order", re-requests, no details provided, "please refund, wait don't refund, now refund again", the list goes on.  Our order system has to be updated as well. Its a slow process to do it right. 
3.  I've had a shit-ton of personal and business things happen over the last week and a half that have conspired to slow me down with processing the emails.  I can fly through the CC refunds quicker at least, then follow up with the remainder of BTC refunds for Tom.

Sorry for the weak excuses - I mean them to be explanations.

Best,
Dave

I have sent you an email 8 days ago no repsonse ..I have now sent an email to your

dave@bitcoinasic.com

re order 2253

Please honor my request for refund to my CC

OBJECT NOT FOUND
repentance

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 23, 2013, 08:53:27 PM
Last edit: January 23, 2013, 09:08:07 PM by repentance

I believe Tom got a "community save" from his antics last night.. hopefully to finally come to a sense of ending with this whole shit storm..

You know what, I'm OK with that.  It's better that Tom gets a "community save" and is able to wind bASIC down in an orderly manner or hand it off to someone else to wind down than it is for him to become so totally disconnected from reality due to stress that he becomes paralysed and everything sits in limbo indefinitely.

I hope that the unseen people behind bASIC will help Tom with this process.  It's not an easy one to undertake when you've invested your hard and soul in a dream.

Also to the unseen people behind bASIC, if you are going to try to salvage this project, it will take more than just money - you need to bring in an experienced trouble-shooter to assess whether the project can be salvaged and to take over project management if it can.  Don't try to do it yourselves unless you have experience in salvaging projects - employ someone who knows what they're doing and let them do their job.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
HDSolar

Activity: 386
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2013, 09:06:21 PM

there is no delay in CC refunds - only short delay in BTC refunds because we need to buy more BTC

So, THAT is why the exchange rate has jumped from $13 to $17. I have seriously suspected this was you the whole time Smiley No jokes!

Exactly what i thought, not that i'm grumbling though, it's meant my fpga's i bought 8 weeks ago have nearly paid for themselves already Smiley

Hey silly question but if Tom only has so much money and he has to refund a certain amount but he has to use bitcoins to do it and they go up in price wont he run out of funds?  Seems like an issue unless he plans to spend more money then what he took in to cover bitcoin ordered gear. 

Maybe I am looking at this in to simple of a manner.   

Get paid to be social and visit HypeWizard today!  www.hypewiz.com
AR-15 80% at www.uspatriotarmory.com
my Cryptanalys.is profile
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  

Jump to: