Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 02:28:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  
Author Topic: The bASIC Refund Tracking Thread  (Read 40960 times)
PuertoLibre
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1003

View Profile
January 24, 2013, 06:36:20 AM

I believe Tom got a "community save" from his antics last night.. hopefully to finally come to a sense of ending with this whole shit storm..

You know what, I'm OK with that.  It's better that Tom gets a "community save" and is able to wind bASIC down in an orderly manner or hand it off to someone else to wind down than it is for him to become so totally disconnected from reality due to stress that he becomes paralysed and everything sits in limbo indefinitely.
Agreed. Never mind.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
buzzdave
VIP

Activity: 472
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2013, 08:18:03 AM

FYI all:

https://www.btcfpga.com/forum/index.php?topic=1049.0

repentance

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 24, 2013, 08:29:25 AM

Good luck in your future endeavours Dave.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
dmcurser

Activity: 502
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 24, 2013, 02:50:18 PM

are you forwarding all of the btc refunds request that were perviously made befor all refunds are issused as my return address for btc was mailed to you does this now mean i need tyo try to email dave or am i just sol?HuhHuhHuhHuhHuh

1Q7TPBHHVmGCvqffYHpXCCBgbcBQ4NwXdW
mtbitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 876

Etherscan.io

View Profile
January 24, 2013, 03:02:56 PM

I guess that means all remainding refund requests are screwed..

So, where should refund requests go to now and is this a reset on the previous requests?

EtherScan::Ethereum Block Explorer | BlockScan::Coming Soon
GenTarkin
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 1002

View Profile
January 24, 2013, 03:44:02 PM

Wow, look at that, turns out I was right. Scam from day 1 of bASIC. This fucking sucks, Im pissed.. bye bye yet even more btc =( .. its so sad how fiat ended up being superior for a project like this. .. I mean really.

GenTarkin's MOD Kncminer Titan custom firmware! v1.0.4! -- !!NO LONGER AVAILABLE!!
Donations: bitcoin- 1Px71mWNQNKW19xuARqrmnbcem1dXqJ3At || litecoin- LYXrLis3ik6TRn8tdvzAyJ264DRvwYVeEw
mezzomix
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1253

View Profile
January 24, 2013, 03:45:23 PM

That doesen't matter anymore. With the rising bitcoin price everyone who trusted Tom and paid with BTC is screwed anyway. There are rumors that Tom did not change the bitcoins into USD so he is now making tons of money by doing a refund of the USD price in BTC. Maybe he is just waiting a little bit longer and starting the BTC refund when the price is much higher. With this strategy everybody will be happy and Tom can start the next 'successful' long con, eh business.
dmcurser

Activity: 502

View Profile
January 24, 2013, 03:52:35 PM

there are still pll that request a refund befor this major price job so he still needs to pay them at that rate point blank

1Q7TPBHHVmGCvqffYHpXCCBgbcBQ4NwXdW
GenTarkin
Legendary

View Profile
January 24, 2013, 03:52:51 PM

Tom used bitpay .. I think, for the btc tx .. Doesnt that convert it to USD for the vendor? .. if it does theres no way hes sitting on a pile of our BTC, he spent the USD or something. Im sorely dissappointed in dave tbh. I think he should be a man and stick it out till we all have our $ back .. not run away like a pussy. I mean really? All those stupid fucks in the btcfpga channel who banned me.... whos fucking laughing now! - turns out I was right. Your btc is gone - 99% chance at this point.

GenTarkin's MOD Kncminer Titan custom firmware! v1.0.4! -- !!NO LONGER AVAILABLE!!
Donations: bitcoin- 1Px71mWNQNKW19xuARqrmnbcem1dXqJ3At || litecoin- LYXrLis3ik6TRn8tdvzAyJ264DRvwYVeEw
miter_myles

Activity: 742

View Profile
January 24, 2013, 03:55:51 PM

Not that my opinion means anything around here (doesn't mean I'll stfu though)..

However - I believe good ol Tom should receive the coveted "Scammer" tag given the demise and drama that has come from his direct incompetence on the bASIC project.

I know people will cry out that "He is promising ALL refunds to EVERYONE!!"  or "As long as he is refunding everyone he didn't scam"... well, how far into a the definition of "Scam" are we talking here??  I believe I was scammed into pre-paying for something legitimate that turned out to be a bucket of lies and deceit when it all boils down to it ... (but that could be just me, but oh well).  I don't care what he has done in the past or accomplished.. I'm talking about present time today.. He could be the nicest guy you ever meet and did this and that in the past, but at the end of the day it does not even come close to what has happened with this situation he has put everyone in, period.

The fact that he took pre-order money in for a project and held it for 5 months now with nothing to prove and the severe lack of communication is unacceptable.

If the "Scammer" tag is too "Harsh" for this case.. perhaps a "Incompetent" or "Red Flag/Warning" tag can be issued?

BTC - 1D7g5395bs7idApTx1KTXrfDW7JUgzx6Z5
LTC - LVFukQnCWUimBxZuXKqTVKy1L2Jb8kZasL
MonsterZero

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 24, 2013, 03:56:10 PM

That doesen't matter anymore. With the rising bitcoin price everyone who trusted Tom and paid with BTC is screwed anyway. There are rumors that Tom did not change the bitcoins into USD so he is now making tons of money by doing a refund of the USD price in BTC. Maybe he is just waiting a little bit longer and starting the BTC refund when the price is much higher. With this strategy everybody will be happy and Tom can start the next 'successful' long con, eh business.

Yeah it's pretty telling when you'd hear them say they have more than enough BTC to do all the refunds.. and then use the excuse they needed to buy more BTC to do the refunds.  I also have a feeling Tom is making some bank on this deal and is having difficulty counting all the money he just made.  At one point 40,000 BTC was referenced, to be believed or not I don't know, but at a $5 a piece gain that's $200,000 worth for nothin.  Maybe he will end up financing the rest of the production himself.  The more he "refunds" the more he makes, hence "refunding" all customers.
MrTeal
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
January 24, 2013, 03:58:45 PM

Not that my opinion means anything around here (doesn't mean I'll stfu though)..

However - I believe good ol Tom should receive the coveted "Scammer" tag given the demise and drama that has come from his direct incompetence on the bASIC project.

I know people will cry out that "He is promising ALL refunds to EVERYONE!!"  or "As long as he is refunding everyone he didn't scam"... well, how far into a the definition of "Scam" are we talking here??  I believe I was scammed into pre-paying for something legitimate that turned out to be a bucket of lies and deceit when it all boils down to it ... (but that could be just me, but oh well).  I don't care what he has done in the past or accomplished.. I'm talking about present time today.. He could be the nicest guy you ever meet and did this and that in the past, but at the end of the day it does not even come close to what has happened with this situation he has put everyone in, period.

The fact that he took pre-order money in for a project and held it for 5 months now with nothing to prove and the severe lack of communication is unacceptable.

If the "Scammer" tag is too "Harsh" for this case.. perhaps a "Incompetent" or "Red Flag/Warning" tag can be issued?

Well, if you really want it put together a post in the Scam Accusations forum.
GenTarkin
Legendary

View Profile
January 24, 2013, 04:00:04 PM

mark my words... he is no longer refunding people. It will be a miracle if anyone, further, gets their refund BTC back =/

PuertoLibre
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1003

View Profile
January 24, 2013, 04:00:25 PM

It is what happens when customers lose faith in a company. You either board the refund train A and lose early. Or you board refund Train B (the later one) and lose out entirely.

This can happen again. So watch out for the warning signs. BFL is closer to it than Avalon (IMO).
mtbitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 876

Etherscan.io

View Profile
January 24, 2013, 04:15:20 PM

Sadly, if this proves anything is that Fiat is superior to BTC when making (valid) purchases from a consumer view point.

EtherScan::Ethereum Block Explorer | BlockScan::Coming Soon
MonsterZero

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 24, 2013, 04:18:40 PM

Sadly, if this proves anything is that Fiat is superior to BTC when making (valid) purchases from a consumer view point.

No... If BTC had declined in value then you should be refunded more BTC then you purchased with.   Impossible to prove in this case, but that is how it SHOULD work (And how it does work in the fiat banking world).  The same would be the case for CAN to USD, EUR to USD or any other currency transaction.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2013, 04:52:37 PM

After reading the past few posts, something weird came to mind. The following is not meant to further derail this train wreck, but...

What are the chances of Tom setting up accounts last year, using them recently to claim that a refund was made? Moreover, the sockpuppet accounts paid nothing in, but shows proof of reimbursement from a pool of funds amassed via real investors not yet refunded.

Yes, the tinfoil hat is on tightly, but still something to think about considering the long-con theory (LCT).

One more thing.

BTCFPGA  is a grassroots organization that was founded from within the Bitcoin community in May of 2012. It was founded by  Thomas Van Riper and Stehen Cupp (cablepair & stcupp) and otherwise created, contributed to and financed by other Bitcoin early adopters and mining enthusiasts who had a vision;

Where does Stehen Cupp (stcupp) fit in in all this?
kwoody

Activity: 454
Merit: 250

Technology and Women. Amazing.

View Profile
January 24, 2013, 05:10:13 PM

I paid for 3 bASIC's with BTC, and I want the exact same amount of BTC I paid for them. It's bad enough that my money was inaccessible for 4 months. So I'm going to lose 100+ BTC because I placed a pre-order with Tom...? That's fucked... so fucked...
GenTarkin
Legendary

View Profile
January 24, 2013, 05:10:57 PM

Very interesting ..

As for my theory, I believe bASIC was a lie from day 1 .. the moment it randomly appeared on btcfpga's website as a soon to be released product .. it was a lie.
My question to the community is .. outside of tom & dave's word.. is there actually any proof of any aspect of the bASIC project existing? I dont recall any.
This all could have been a very intricate scheme to get as much BTC as they could. They could also have planned ahead that of course CC orders would be refunded one way or another, I think they were truely after the BTC portion(since noone has actually claimed refunds recently in BTC).
Sure, tom & daves posts before the last ones all seemed genuine .. filled w/ sadness of seeing the project fail & promises that everyone would get their refunds. But, in my world, someone who is truely genuine about something this serious .. does not run from the community and stop all communication.
Before dave announced he was no longer involved, he claimed he was sifting through the 'tons' of refund requests .. yet days later .. what he just decides to 'stop'? or .. was he really doing that to begin with .. or did he actually finish .. if it was the latter, where is our god damn money?!

Guys if you stop and think for one second, this entire project, from day 1 could have been planned down to the bitcent exactly at what point to announce this / that and status of this / that .. next the deal failing, furthermore the guarantee of refund and finally the disappearance of all parties involved in the 'project'.

Its funny too, the last ditch effort for them to take more of our BTC/ $ was in the form of the hosting services.. amidst chaos of the refunds / bASIC asic itself .. they had the nerves to try n milk more from the community ..

Its just truely upsetting that noone in the BTC community can be trusted anymore. The only way to somewhat safely pay for services / product is through escrow and even then... who says you can trust the escrow providers ..
The only guarantee your not getting scammed is to be the person receiving the BTC .. and thats a shame.
=(

Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2013, 05:12:08 PM

I paid for 3 bASIC's with BTC, and I want the exact same amount of BTC I paid for them. It's bad enough that my money was inaccessible for 4 months. So I'm going to lose $X because I placed a pre-order with Tom...? That's fucked... so fucked...

FTFY if you were in reference to the exchange rate, oppose to being out your total investment.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  

Jump to: