Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 11:21:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  
Author Topic: The bASIC Refund Tracking Thread  (Read 40960 times)
hardcore-fs

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2013, 08:05:02 AM

I believe they'll be returned and we'll just have to eat the opportunity cost/exchange rate losses. I think Tom just got in way over his head and didn't know what to do. There's already been a wave of BTC refunds & lots of CC refunds. If as Dave says the bulk of the orders were in CC then the BTC balance outstanding probably isn't all that huge. Surely Tom's reputation is worth more to him than the remaining BTCs owed those that trusted him. If he meant to just rabbit with all the BTCs then why the wave of BTC refunds?

I'm still a bit pissed at Tom for stringing me along, but if he returns what's mine, and I believe he will, I'll get over it.

And what happens when the funds run out? Do CC refunds first and the BTC refunds never get done. Refund the BTC first and when the CC funds run out, customers can still do chargebacks and get their refunds that way. The only fair way is to refund BTC first.

Actually the only FAIR way is to refund the orders in the order they came in... But since you are not paying dave to do the work just STFU

BTC:1PCTzvkZUFuUF7DA6aMEVjBUUp35wN5JtF

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
whizter

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 26, 2013, 08:16:54 AM

12-Oct-2012   1582   0   1   0   Ready To Ship   CC   -   16-Jan-2013   No   whizter

My order now shows as "refunded" and I received an email saying my order status changed. But money didn't arrive yet.

███████████████████▄▄▄
        ████████████████████████▄▄
           ████████████████████████▄
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████▄
    ███████████████       ▀▀███████████
        ███████               ██████████
        ███████                ██████████
████████   ████████             █████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄████████             █████████
        ███████████             █████████
    ████   ████████            ██████████
    ████   ████████           ██████████
        ███    ████       ▄▄███████████
    ▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄██████████████████████▀
    ███████████████████████████████▀
████    ████████████████████████▀▀
████    ███████████████████▀▀▀
DIMCOIN   
❱❱❱  facebook  ❱❱❱  twitter  ❱❱❱  Telegram  ❱❱❱
.The Future of Equity on The Blockchain.
dust

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2013, 08:29:31 AM

My cancelled bASIC order is listed as "Ready to Ship".  My paid and not cancelled Avalon order is listed as "Cancelled".   Feels bad man.  Sad

Cryptocoin Mining Info | OTC | PGP | Twitter | freenode: dust-otc | BTC: 1F6fV4U2xnpAuKtmQD6BWpK3EuRosKzF8U
puck2

Activity: 234
Merit: 105

View Profile
January 26, 2013, 08:52:30 AM

My cancelled bASIC order is listed as "Ready to Ship".  My paid and not cancelled Avalon order is listed as "Cancelled".   Feels bad man.  Sad

Is this shit what 'colored coins' are for? <<<  Legitimate question.
creativex

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 26, 2013, 03:39:06 PM

I received a full refund of the CC portion of my order at close of business yesterday. They(Dave) is most definitely doing what he says he is.

PuertoLibre
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1003

View Profile
January 26, 2013, 03:41:08 PM

I received a full refund of the CC portion of my order at close of business yesterday. They(Dave) is most definitely doing what he says he is.
Hey,
Where are you sending those BTC/Dollars next?

ChipGeek

Activity: 198

View Profile
January 26, 2013, 04:19:03 PM

I ordered 1 72GHz unit on October 2, 2012 and paid by CC.
I asked for a CC refund on Jan 12, 2013 and got my refund on Jan 17, 2013.

Tip jar: 1ChipGeeK7PDxaAWG4VgsTi31SfJ6peKHw
luffy

Activity: 607

View Profile
January 26, 2013, 04:54:19 PM

If the BTC preorders have been already exchanged to dollars during that time where value
was lower than today, then i found logical to refund the BTC with current BTC/USD value.
I don't see any other way (for BTC refunds) and i don't want Dave and Tom to pay more than the actual preorder value in USD Wink
dmcurser

Activity: 502

View Profile
January 26, 2013, 05:19:14 PM

If the BTC preorders have been already exchanged to dollars during that time where value
was lower than today, then i found logical to refund the BTC with current BTC/USD value.
I don't see any other way (for BTC refunds) and i don't want Dave and Tom to pay more than the actual preorder value in USD Wink

yes but there are those ppl that request a btc refund weeks ago when the exchange rate was in the klow 14 high 13s why should they suffer bc btcfpga didnt feel like proccessing there orders at the current time instead of makeing them wait till btcfpga fells its convent to refund at a exchange ratge there happy with.

only fair way to do this is to use the 24 hour exchange rate at time of refund request and everyone thast didnt have a request in befor tom say thats it everyone is getting refunded they get paid at the 24 hour avrage at time of toms post that is turly the only fair way

1Q7TPBHHVmGCvqffYHpXCCBgbcBQ4NwXdW
Gatorhex

Activity: 126

View Profile
January 26, 2013, 05:39:46 PM

Swindlers use this term (arbitrage fraud) as a process that enables a person to obtain a Self-Liquidating Loan (money to buy equipment or investments to generate back what's owed), http://www.fraudaid.com/dictionary-of-financial-scam-terms/arbitrage.htm  

$1,000,000 of pre-orders at BTC $10, later BTC rises to $16, I refund you back in $ cost of item, $1,000,000 refund for you and $600,000 for me.  

I'm not suggesting that's what's going on here, just how you could obtain free funding for a FPGA farm. Wink

iambaboon

Activity: 116
Merit: 10

bitcoin afficionado

View Profile
January 26, 2013, 08:03:11 PM

I think posts about BTC speculation should stop. Tom didn't know (if someone disagrees, prove it to me) that bitcoin would go up, it could have gone down. Be happy if you're receiving your $ back.

However, some questions still stand. Several people were informed that their BTC refunds were submitted to Tom on 17th. There was no need for them to be reprocessed by Dave. He stated 75 orders need to be "reconciled", so already submitted. Well, as far as I can tell they are not paid yet.

Dave, could you offer an update on these submitted BTC refunds ?

"Emergencies" have always been the pretext on which the safeguards of individual liberty have been eroded. (F. Hayek)
dmcurser

View Profile
January 26, 2013, 08:13:42 PM

its not so much of weither it would go up or not even if it went down i am still just saying btc request that were made prior to toms post should be paid at the 24 hour average of that day email was received its the only fair thing to do.

creativex

View Profile
January 26, 2013, 10:56:56 PM

I believe they'll be returned and we'll just have to eat the opportunity cost/exchange rate losses. I think Tom just got in way over his head and didn't know what to do. There's already been a wave of BTC refunds & lots of CC refunds. If as Dave says the bulk of the orders were in CC then the BTC balance outstanding probably isn't all that huge. Surely Tom's reputation is worth more to him than the remaining BTCs owed those that trusted him. If he meant to just rabbit with all the BTCs then why the wave of BTC refunds?

I'm still a bit pissed at Tom for stringing me along, but if he returns what's mine, and I believe he will, I'll get over it.

And what happens when the funds run out?

No idea, but obviously there's evidence of intent to repay. We may just have to be patient.

YipYip

Activity: 574

View Profile
January 26, 2013, 11:54:55 PM

And what happens when the funds run out?

No idea, but obviously there's evidence of intent to repay. We may just have to be patient.

My Order says refunded for CC

Money has not hit account yet ....So i must admit Dave Is doing what he says..

OBJECT NOT FOUND
creativex

View Profile
January 27, 2013, 07:11:43 AM

Hey,
Where are you sending those BTC/Dollars next?

Dunno yet. Waiting for proof of something from somebody. I have a preference for Avalon at this point as I don't trust BFL at all.

pyromaniac

Activity: 639

View Profile
January 27, 2013, 07:18:16 AM

Order ID: #1980
Date Added: 22/11/2012
Products: 1
BASIC01   1
Payment Method: Bitcoin
Date refund was requested: 23/12/2012
Still waiting refund.

buzzdave
VIP

Activity: 472

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2013, 09:18:25 PM

Latest update on refunds...

https://www.btcfpga.com/forum/index.php?topic=1052.0

Sitarow
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1047

View Profile
January 27, 2013, 09:43:17 PM

Thank you for the update.

Will you be requesting an updated btc address? The reason I pose this question is because some may have paid the balance in btc from an online service that was one time use, or perhaps no longer have access to the the original wallet used in paying the invoice.
dmcurser

View Profile
January 27, 2013, 09:47:05 PM

buzzdave Ty for the update all thought i don't feel it should be up to tom i feel the right thing to do is you give him the amount of btc that would of been issued if the refund was processed in a timely manner and he should just pay that

and yes i know ppl are going to flame me and say i bough in usd and all he has to do is pay me back the usd and yes you are right but when the refund was request i was accepting my refund at that rate not at the rate that tom and btcfpga llc see fit to pay me back at

when i purchase the units it was at the current rate of btc for that 24 hour period and thus i respectfully request me refund at the 24 hour rate at time of refund request which was the 14th plz i ask of you don't let tom decide what is ok to pay back do the right thing pay at the right rate

also i think others feel this way as well

randomguy7

Activity: 527

View Profile
January 27, 2013, 09:57:26 PM

Dave, you should also add the time the refund request was send to the list. The exchange rate at that time should be used for refunds (of course I'd prefer to get the original paid amount of btc back but that probably won't happen).
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  

Jump to: