Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 12:52:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  
Author Topic: The bASIC Refund Tracking Thread  (Read 40960 times)
Gabit

Activity: 145
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 05, 2013, 10:47:44 PM

I can uncover my personal address and identity information a lot easier and more accurately.  If you want to serve me legal docs or a fist sandwich, just contact me at mail.davec@gmail.com

Toms personal and company information would be more useful. Provide that please, so we can make some lawyer work for his meal.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
polrpaul

Activity: 238

Love the Bitcoin.

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2013, 10:52:34 PM

Toms personal and company information would be more useful. Provide that please, so we can make some lawyer work for his meal.

Public info:
https://www.btcfpga.com/index.php?route=information/information&information_id=4

BTC.sx - Leveraged Bitcoin Trading. Simply use Bitcoin to take advantage of a rising or falling Bitcoin price.
sveetsnelda

Activity: 642
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 06, 2013, 01:16:46 AM

Just adding to the thread...

Still waiting on a BTC refund for 3 units.  A co-worker/friend of mine is waiting on a BTC refund for 1 unit.

14u2rp4AqFtN5jkwK944nn741FnfF714m7
||bit

Activity: 924
Merit: 506

View Profile
February 06, 2013, 03:05:09 AM

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/threat

You stating he has 24 hours to talk, or else.
Stating you be happy to do the same to Dave.

Both threats...

You might not be walking up to his front door and beating his ass, but your giving someone else the information needed to do it.

Please tell us, what reason would you have for handing out this information other than doing harm in some way? To have the community send flowers and cards? I think not. 

I can uncover my personal address and identity information a lot easier and more accurately.  If you want to serve me legal docs or a fist sandwich, just contact me at mail.davec@gmail.com

I've made no attempts to hide from the community - I've used my full name, my picture, my personal email address and my Skype (which if you are a contact, gives my phone number).  My profile here on the forum says I'm in Everett, WA (USA). 

If you can't find out where I live and who I am from that info, well I'd be pretty damn disappointed in you.

Dave,
What is Tom's contact info? How can a person submit for a refund request now that you aren't helping? I'd really not like to have to escalate this matter if possible.

||bit
buzzdave
VIP

Activity: 472
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2013, 03:49:06 AM

Dave,
What is Tom's contact info? How can a person submit for a refund request now that you aren't helping? I'd really not like to have to escalate this matter if possible.

||bit

Best email address I'm aware of is btcfpga@gmail.com

repentance

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 06, 2013, 04:38:26 AM

new basic address?

https://www.bitcoinasic.net/index.php?route=information/contact

CAN-ELECTRIC
Ayinda 1 city- Block G, No.21 Erbil/Iraq
P: +964 750 344 6566

I'm not convinced this is legitimate.  It's one digit off the phone number for the real Can Electric and I've had no reply to an email I sent to Can Electric (the real one) asking whether they've ever heard of Tom and his project.  Nothing on the real Can Electric's website suggests that they have any experience whatsoever in developing computing technology, let alone any ability to handle the entire process in-house.

Next step is trying to contact Ari Asmar - the owner of the real Can Electric on the number on Can Electric's website.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
dmcurser

Activity: 502

View Profile
February 06, 2013, 05:37:28 AM

Guess the only thing to do is for everyone to open up a suit against him. Seems to be only way to get somthing out of this whole thing.

1Q7TPBHHVmGCvqffYHpXCCBgbcBQ4NwXdW
🏰 TradeFortress 🏰
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043

👻

View Profile
February 06, 2013, 05:49:28 AM

Guess the only thing to do is for everyone to open up a suit against him. Seems to be only way to get somthing out of this whole thing.
Exactly, but I'd be surprised if this happens.
repentance

View Profile
February 06, 2013, 06:17:40 AM

As it's now been confirmed by the owner of the real Can Electric that the revised bASIC website is fraudulent, I think Tom's in for a world of legal hurt.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
nbtcminer

Activity: 249

View Profile
February 06, 2013, 06:34:48 AM

wow.... Is Tom (CablePair) really that crazy that he would setup a fake website with all that fake info to attract more investors?
polrpaul

Love the Bitcoin.

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2013, 06:54:07 AM

Didn't Tom get hacked, or at least have some of his accounts compromised recently?

If Ari has confirmed he has nothing to do with BTCFPGA, then it stands plausible that both Tom and Ari had their (email) accounts compromised from which point the culprits 1) forwarded Tom's old domain to a new one and 2) bought a new domain probably under Ari's identity and created the whole "takeover" story in an attempt to funnel Bitcoins their way. It's a poorly done job overall, so nobody should fall for it at this point.

BTC.sx - Leveraged Bitcoin Trading. Simply use Bitcoin to take advantage of a rising or falling Bitcoin price.
repentance

View Profile
February 06, 2013, 07:01:03 AM

Didn't Tom get hacked, or at least have some of his accounts compromised recently?

If you believe that, I've got a bridge for sale.

There's certainly no reason to believe that Can Electric's email account has been compromised.  The very first "Tom's out" "Dave's out" post on the new website was very much in the style of Tom's previous drunken postings - some of which were made before he claimed his accounts had been hacked.

puck2

Activity: 234
Merit: 105

View Profile
February 06, 2013, 07:10:50 AM

wow.... Is Tom (CablePair) really that crazy that he would setup a fake website with all that fake info to attract more investors?

yes
||bit

Activity: 924
Merit: 506

View Profile
February 06, 2013, 07:16:00 AM

Dave,

||bit

Best email address I'm aware of is btcfpga@gmail.com

Dave,
Do you still have a master refund request list? How do I get on it?

||bit
dani

Activity: 525

..yeah

View Profile
February 06, 2013, 07:49:19 AM

lol, for the obvious part: the person who is changing bitcoinasic.net is reading the forums very frequently, especially this thread. everytime someone mentions something wrong with the page it gets updates within a day. Just sayin

Hai
repentance

View Profile
February 06, 2013, 07:52:14 AM

lol, for the obvious part: the person who is changing bitcoinasic.net is reading the forums very frequently, especially this thread. everytime someone mentions something wrong with the page it gets updates within a day. Just sayin

Then they now know that we know it's a fraud and that the owner of the real Can Electric is aware of the fraud.  If I was Tom, I'd be just a little worried right now because he's the one who lawyers and/or police are going to be contacting and I doubt they're going to buy the "I was hacked" story.

polrpaul

Love the Bitcoin.

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2013, 01:13:48 PM

If you believe that, I've got a bridge for sale.

There's certainly no reason to believe that Can Electric's email account has been compromised.  The very first "Tom's out" "Dave's out" post on the new website was very much in the style of Tom's previous drunken postings - some of which were made before he claimed his accounts had been hacked.

From the standpoint that Ari has acknowledged he is not responsible for the new site (is this really true?), it's certainly possible that Ari's own identity was compromised in order for *somebody* to use it for this purpose. Perhaps somebody knows him and just used his details, or somebody with something more sophisticated in mind is using his persona (stole his ID).

puck2

Activity: 234
Merit: 105

View Profile
February 06, 2013, 06:48:33 PM

And once again, those who actually payed in the currency we're trying to promote get the short end of the stick.

AFAIK, two people know who is owed what - Tom Van Riper and Dave Carlson. Because it seems that Tom is unwilling to do so, I'd like to see Dave provide this community with an anonymized list of BTC refunds requested from Tom along with the associated addresses so that we can:

• Verify if and when refunds are paid.  Grin
  • Get a handle on HOW big a swindle this really is.  Embarrassed
puck2 - I have been thinking of how to do this.  The BTC Refund list is a Google doc which I own.  I'm thinking I could write a page that lists the address (or enough of it for the owner to know its his/hers), and whether it has been paid.  I don't want to release enough details that might help someone attempt to steal the refund by emailing Tom with order #, address and amount, then claiming they need to change the payment address, etc.  I also don't want to release info that Tom would consider privileged or damaging internal company info - I don't need him filing suit against me.

Yes, I personally believe that a publicly available list of refunds requested and a publicly verifiable resource which can be cited in order to publicly quantify how LARGE a swindle this has turned out to be would be worthwhile. At the very least, a SUM of the total BTC left to be refunded seems to be in order. (AFIK no BTC refunds have been processed since we were promised EVERY SINGLE CUSTOMER WILL BE REFUNDED. PERIOD.)

PS - Dave, please note that your Bitcointalk profile is still pointing to the CAN-ELECTRIC (latest in the long list of shady web page edits to come out of Upstate New York) webpage.
rampone

Activity: 339

dafq is goin on

View Profile
February 06, 2013, 09:33:11 PM

Count me in for the refund waiting list:

Order #88X  paid via mtgoxUSDCode to tom for 3 "big" basics.

Order #172X paid via Bitcoin "the DHL upgrade.

Refund requested Jan 13.
on Jan 18 reply of Dave -> forwarded to Tom

buttfuct i feel so far, meaning:

no refund yet received

http://virwox.com - Bitcoins via CCard, Skrill, paysafe, paypal & SEPA
Convert your bitcoin into spendable fiat money in less than 2 days. Poker Players use this method to avoid "unnecessary trouble" with the country they live in ... PM me for details. +1:naz86,b4nana,tinua,smart1986,fhh
buzzdave
VIP

Activity: 472

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2013, 01:24:37 AM

PS - Dave, please note that your Bitcointalk profile is still pointing to the CAN-ELECTRIC (latest in the long list of shady web page edits to come out of Upstate New York) webpage.
Whoops thanks for letting me know!

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  

Jump to: