Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 04:07:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  
Author Topic: The bASIC Refund Tracking Thread  (Read 40960 times)
mezzomix
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1252

View Profile
February 25, 2013, 07:33:30 AM

got a refund for Inv #8xx, refund requested on Jan 14  paid in BTC, got back 37 BTC..
still waiting for another. I guess they go by order #
oh and it came on the 22nd

No, it don't go by order number. My number is lower than 800 and I did not receive a refund.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mtbitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 876
Merit: 1000

Etherscan.io

View Profile
February 25, 2013, 11:16:40 AM

got a refund for Inv #8xx, refund requested on Jan 14  paid in BTC, got back 37 BTC..
still waiting for another. I guess they go by order #
oh and it came on the 22nd

No, it don't go by order number. My number is lower than 800 and I did not receive a refund.

I think you need to check to see if the refund request was correctly received.

You should be able to do this by logging in to the old btcfpga site and check the refund status. It should say something like "refund requested"

EtherScan::Ethereum Block Explorer | BlockScan::Coming Soon
drakness

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 25, 2013, 04:00:17 PM

Order #8xx for two, Order #12xx for two.  Paid BTC.  Requested refund Jan13th.  Status on btcfpga: "Refund Requested".  Nothing received.
tigereye

Activity: 79
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 25, 2013, 06:41:36 PM

I was going to take legal action against Tom, but he is now sending out refunds at a reasonable pace so I have put that on hold. Obviously if I don't receive a refund in what I consider a "reasonable" time frame, I will resume my plans for legal action.
I'm continuing with my plans. I've got friends in the legal industry who owe me favours so luckily I don't have to pay.

Legal action takes a lot of time to get everything in order, so I don't see any reason why I should stop. Yes others have received their refunds but my legal action exists to recover my funds, not theirs.

It's easy enough for me to say "OK Call it off" when/if I receive my refund... but it's hard to jumpstart a few weeks worth of work if it turns out the refund never made it.

FWIW I'm order #764 and still have no BTC refund.

If my posts have helped, consider leaving a tip! 1AE5e56ivvaGMJJmLrZoLgiZXPx93CddyA
PulsedMedia

Activity: 402
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2013, 12:14:34 AM

so how do i get my refund? I was one of the first to order with order id 273
ther'es been no emails etc. terribly handled Sad

http://PulsedMedia.com - Semidedicated rTorrent seedboxes
cablepair

Activity: 896

Buy this account on March-2019. New Owner here!!

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2013, 10:37:24 PM

Ahhh finally got back into my hacked account. This does not mean I will be a regular on this board anymore it just means I can make some statements that will hopefully be helpful to you.

1) I do not deserve a scammer label. We sold FPGA Mining products since may, when BFL announced their product MONTHS early just to try and squash the competition they lied which was a total lie and dis-service to the community but we wanted to keep our business alive, this led us to begin developing out own ASIC basic based prodcut. Our latest attempt at making the huge leap to ASIC failed. It was never our intention to scam anyone. Anyone who ordered a FPGA mining product has received their unit or their unit is on the way (2 orders slipped through the cracks when shit went bananas but we found these orders and we shipped them out this week.

2) I have paid back over 1 million USD to credit card buyers and BTC buyers alike. I am liquidating assets like a madman and still mining at about 60 gh/s with my FPGA rigs, which brings about 10 btc per day. Every week I gather what assets I have obtained and I distribute them to the customers starting with the earliest customers first and than working my way up to the later buyers. There are many people who can attest to this. One of our largest orders who spent over 100k was refunded by wire transfer just last week and I am sure if you look you can find that thread.

IF you are interesting in reading the actual definition of a scam you may do so here:

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/scam

Instead I am doing everything I can to make sure every single customer gets a complete and total refund. Unfortunately some people do not like the fact that they are returned less coins than they have sent. Although the fact of the matter is - these units were priced in USD NOT BTC and it is appropriate to use the current exchange rate when converting USD to Bitcoin to make these refunds. Any one who knows what they are doing in e-commerce would agree totally.

3) See a scammer would of taken all the money (over a million dollars) and disappeared, instead I still live in my same house and still go to my regular job every day. I am a family man and the last thing I want is any kind of trouble. You guys have no idea the sleepless nights worrying about this thing, but I am going to keep on this and make sure every customer gets his refund.

4) I am sure its hard to believe but this has hurt and will continue to hurt myself and my family far more than it will hurt any of you, But that's the gamble I took when I decided to make an ASIC device, and take pre-orders, we just could not make the damn thing work (for long) and the chips were clocked wrong or something because they had a very little life especially when you pushed them to any degree.

At any rate that is all behind us. Like I said I have paid over 1 mil in refunds and continue to do so every friday night (20k just last friday) this list is shortening and shortening and before you know it every single person will be paid back in full.

I just hope and pray you give me the time to make this all happen, I sold most of these coins at around $15 and now am buying back at $30 - its very difficult but as the last 2 weeks showed you , you will continue to see 10 refunds every friday until every single person is paid back.

I have been a very strong member of this community for 2 years, and I have always fulfilled my promises - please have a little faith in me is all I am asking - I WANT to do the right thing. Think about what a true scammer would of done with over a million at his disposal?Huh??

I have four kids and I am just trying to get by - I am sorry I was not up to meet the challenge of bASIC but I assure you all of you will be paid back.

thank you for listening

Thomas Van Riper
BTCFPGA
P.O. BOX 246
Hannibal NY 13069

(any correspondence sent to any other address other than the business addresss of BTCFPGA will be returned. My house is not my place of business nor is it the address for my business)

i have changed my numbers due to the hundreds of calls I was receiving a day - if you need to get ahold of me email btcfpga@gmail.com
and I will get back to you within a couple of days at the latest

again thank you for reading this and for those who have it - thank you for your compassion and empathy.

Tom
BTCFPGA

p.s. BTCFPGA will continue to sell FPGA based devices to hobbyists and all others who are interested in this device.
http://www.btcfpga.com

Easy2Mine

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

einc.io

View Profile
February 26, 2013, 10:57:33 PM

I wish you the best and luck.
It never come into my mind that you are a scammer.
You tried your best.
I guess everything went wrong when one of your employee announce a change in design.
From 2*6 asic per cluster to 2*8 asic per cluster.
Too late and to frustrating for all the people involved.
I hope you will still stay into bitcoin as a miner or whatever.
Good luck

Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
February 26, 2013, 11:42:18 PM

Every week I gather what assets I have obtained and I distribute them to the customers starting with the earliest customers first and than working my way up to the later buyers.

All it takes is a little honest communication. People know their order numbers. If you are distributing refunds based on order numbers, then let everyone what where you are in the refund list. That way peoples expectations can be reasonable.

Buy & Hold
Gabit

Activity: 145
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 27, 2013, 12:26:30 AM

Every week I gather what assets I have obtained and I distribute them to the customers starting with the earliest customers first and than working my way up to the later buyers.

All it takes is a little honest communication. People know their order numbers. If you are distributing refunds based on order numbers, then let everyone what where you are in the refund list. That way peoples expectations can be reasonable.

I do hope that this tirade will make these refunds to be made in transparent and orderly fashion.
miter_myles

Activity: 742

View Profile
February 27, 2013, 12:35:02 AM

With more and more mention of legal action.. maybe tommy and the admins figured out how to "unlock" his "hacked" account..

BTC - 1D7g5395bs7idApTx1KTXrfDW7JUgzx6Z5
LTC - LVFukQnCWUimBxZuXKqTVKy1L2Jb8kZasL
rocks
Legendary

Activity: 1153

View Profile
February 27, 2013, 12:48:42 AM

Whatever Tom,

If bASIC was not a scam, then what happened to the pre-paid money you received?
Where did the money go?
Why do you need to mine in order to pay people back?

You said the pre-paid money was not for development, if that is the case then you should have it in hand and ready to refund.
Why the delay?
Why the lack of transparency?

You said development was well along and almost ready to ship, but then it turned out you had:
- Zero schematics
- Zero ASIC layout work done
- Zero wafers/chips
- Zero PCB boards
- Zero etc, etc, etc

Everything you said before was simply not true, so what do you expect people to think
Sitarow
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1047

View Profile
February 27, 2013, 01:08:55 AM
Last edit: February 27, 2013, 01:27:23 AM by Sitarow

I for one appreciate the update. The project was ambitious at best. Those that were interested in the success of this project had placed their orders with you. The success of the previous project speaks for itself. I would have waited till the end of March. It's just too bad that we did not receive pertinent details on the status of the project.

Most of us recognize that family has its own challenges. Most of us have similar challenges that occupy our day.

I am probably one of the few to have not formally requested a refund for the orders I had placed.

I am of the opinion that having a greater variety of hardware vendors and developers that simplify end user transactions will continue to propel the success of the Bitcoin project.

Therefore profit is not the only motivator that leads me to continue support of developers that attempt asic hardware manufacturing with the goal of making it available to the end user.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2013, 01:37:28 AM

i have changed my numbers due to the hundreds of calls I was receiving a day...

That's exactly what I would do if I had every intent to repay people what's rightfully owed them--change my number. This would make my task so much easier.
miter_myles

Activity: 742

View Profile
February 27, 2013, 02:43:17 AM

Tommy - is this you on ebay?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/PCB-with-Xilinx-Virtex-5-XC5VLX330T-XC5VLX110T-Actel-Fusion-AFS600-/130812616956?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1e750a20fc

user:  openthomas - NY ?

Along with the PCB.. looks like we got a coat that probably doesnt fit anymore.. or the fact it has sleeves may be the turn off..

http://www.ebay.com/sch/openthomas/m.html?item=130812616956&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1e750a20fc&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2562

Also some FPGA boards and a AMD gpu..

lol @ "openthomas" user name..

BTC - 1D7g5395bs7idApTx1KTXrfDW7JUgzx6Z5
LTC - LVFukQnCWUimBxZuXKqTVKy1L2Jb8kZasL
drakness

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 27, 2013, 02:53:04 AM

I appreciate the update, and any efforts to refund.
100%digital

Activity: 100
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 27, 2013, 03:28:01 AM

weak. fail. lies.

why wait so long to be 'honest' with everyone. not having access to forum is complete fucking nonsense.

btc mining to repay, huh. so when you're generate 2 BTC a week, then what, and liquidation of assets is a joke, cant sell your shit forever.
sgravina

Activity: 451

View Profile
February 27, 2013, 03:34:35 AM

... we just could not make the damn thing work (for long) and the chips were clocked wrong or something because they had a very little life especially when you pushed them to any degree.

This sentence is the only clue we have as to what you did with all those dollars and months in 2012.  And it is not at all clear.

"The chips were clocked wrong?"  Well why didn't you try a correct clock?  Were you in the wrong time zone?   Perhaps you were the victim of sorcery.  That would make more sense than "clocked wrong or something"  We would understand, there is not much you can do about sorcery except refund all you customers as soon as possible.

At the very least whatever happened to you is an interesting story.  It would be nice if you shared it.
Nemesis

Activity: 462

View Profile
February 27, 2013, 05:29:37 AM

Spilling BS....

Tom, you must have thought this community is full of idiots.

Sure you're refunding now as you dont hope to meet your creditors on your lawn.

Douche
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2013, 05:39:48 AM

weak. fail. lies.

why wait so long to be 'honest' with everyone. not having access to forum is complete fucking nonsense.

btc mining to repay, huh. so when you're generate 2 BTC a week, then what, and liquidation of assets is a joke, cant sell your shit forever.

Opening a new account would have worked. Not disconnecting his phone is another option. IRC. Twitter. wordpress.com. All kinds of options come to mind.
mezzomix
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1252

View Profile
February 27, 2013, 06:18:11 AM

Every week I gather what assets I have obtained and I distribute them to the customers starting with the earliest customers first and than working my way up to the later buyers. There are many people who can attest to this.

Either the people reporting a refund here in the thread are lying or you are lying!

My order number is lower (< 600) than some of the refunded order numbers and I did not receive a single Satoshi. My order status in your system is refund requested. So who is the liar?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  

Jump to: