Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 02:40:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Jakers is Scammer Beware  (Read 1742 times)
ateeqamar (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 22, 2013, 02:36:38 PM
Last edit: January 23, 2013, 01:10:06 AM by ateeqamar

Ok he is not Scammer, He fulfilled his Promise as he told me to wait 6 hours. I received 1.6 BTC from him, I know its hard for him to gather BTC as his MB is locked out so i gave him more time for .4 BTC. And Since This is Over am locking this topic. Thanks Every Body For Co-operation And thanks specially to Jakers
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ateeqamar (OP)

Activity: 4

View Profile
January 22, 2013, 02:59:56 PM

i added him using another skype. He claims he has no btc because he was going to exchange my MB with BTC and then give it to me. Now he sways his MB is locked until he get his SSN in 30 mins waiting for him now.
Raize
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1419
Merit: 1015

View Profile
January 22, 2013, 03:07:17 PM

You might want to give it about 24 hours before calling someone a scammer.

If you live in the US, what I would recommend is setting up a Dwolla->MtGox account even though it is slow if you intend to trade large amounts of cash/BTC, or just link your bank to Coinbase if you will be doing smaller amounts.

There are going to be a lot of people on the newbie boards and marketplace in the coming months looking to scam both buyers and sellers. Volatility has gotten very high and it is about to get higher.
BCB
CTG
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1002

BCJ

View Profile
January 22, 2013, 03:21:21 PM

jakers was on a watch list.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=119896.msg1291483#msg1291483
Jakers

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 22, 2013, 03:27:12 PM

Dude we have already discussed this. I never acted like I was offline either I've been online this whole time. I didn't know it was going to make me verify my SSN when I tried to send a payment. My apologies, you will either receive your BTC or be refunded in full within the next few hours. I'll throw on 10% for the hassle.

This SPACE is for RENT☺♥☺♥☺This SPACE is for RENT☺♥☺♥☺This SPACE is for RENT☺♥☺♥☺This SPACE is for RENT☺♥☺♥☺This SPACE is for RENT☺♥☺♥☺This SPACE is for RENT☺♥☺♥☺This SPACE is for RENT☺♥☺♥☺This SPACE is for RENT☺♥☺♥☺This SPACE is for RENT☺♥☺♥☺This SPACE is for RENT☺♥☺♥☺This SPACE is for RENT☺♥☺♥☺This SPACE is for RENT☺♥☺♥☺This SPACE is for RENT☺♥☺♥☺This SPACE is for
boilerman

Activity: 7

View Profile
January 22, 2013, 03:32:48 PM

Hey Jakers, what about my Bestbuy Giftcard ?
I asked him if he needs Canadian Besbuy 100$CAD, he says yes, send me card and i send you bitcoins...
After a while, he says: hey, that card not work in USA... I say yes becouse it is canadian. So he dont buy it.
I try to check my giftcard after that, and it was empty. Give me my btc man !
BCB
CTG
VIP
Legendary

BCJ

View Profile
January 22, 2013, 03:35:50 PM

Jakers

Are you a scammer?
Jakers

View Profile
January 22, 2013, 03:43:12 PM

Hey Jakers, what about my Bestbuy Giftcard ?
I asked him if he needs Canadian Besbuy 100$CAD, he says yes, send me card and i send you bitcoins...
After a while, he says: hey, that card not work in USA... I say yes becouse it is canadian. So he dont buy it.
I try to check my giftcard after that, and it was empty. Give me my btc man !

Are you trying to blackmail me, boilerman? You sure jumped on this didn't you. I TOLD YOU TO QUIT MESSAGING ME. I don't want anything to do with your gift cards or you. Post your evidence of the balance and where the card was used. I'll post my best buy account and shipping address, to prove I haven't purchased anything. I told you I'd check to see if it worked, and it didn't. How many people did you give your card out to? You were offering it to me for $30 and you were sure PM'ing me a lot trying to get rid of it. I do NOT want it, don't message me again.

This SPACE is for RENT☺♥☺♥☺This SPACE is for RENT☺♥☺♥☺This SPACE is for RENT☺♥☺♥☺This SPACE is for RENT☺♥☺♥☺This SPACE is for RENT☺♥☺♥☺This SPACE is for RENT☺♥☺♥☺This SPACE is for RENT☺♥☺♥☺This SPACE is for RENT☺♥☺♥☺This SPACE is for RENT☺♥☺♥☺This SPACE is for RENT☺♥☺♥☺This SPACE is for RENT☺♥☺♥☺This SPACE is for RENT☺♥☺♥☺This SPACE is for RENT☺♥☺♥☺This SPACE is for
BCB
CTG
VIP
Legendary

BCJ

View Profile
January 22, 2013, 03:46:05 PM

Jakers,

You nick sure is coming up in a lot of unfortunate places?  What's up with that??
Jakers

View Profile
January 22, 2013, 03:48:00 PM

Jakers,

You nick sure is coming up in a lot of unfortunate places?  What's up with that??

No it isn't.

ingrownpocket
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 22, 2013, 04:00:55 PM

Jakers,

No it isn't.

It actually is.
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1225

Away on an extended break

View Profile
January 22, 2013, 04:10:36 PM

I'm still not convinced that Jakers is a scammer based on the evidence above by boilerman and OP.
Jakers

View Profile
January 22, 2013, 04:15:10 PM

I can make more money being legit than scamming so what's the point?

BCB
CTG
VIP
Legendary

BCJ

View Profile
January 22, 2013, 04:21:09 PM

I'm still not convinced that Jakers is a scammer based on the evidence above by boilerman and OP.

We'll he's not doing a good job of creating a reputation as a trusted trader. 

Jakers maybe it's time to find a now hobby where trust doesn't matter.    WoW, Steam??
Jakers

View Profile
January 22, 2013, 04:33:03 PM

Hah, no thanks. I do about 2-3 successful trades a day, I have them vouch for me unless it's through PM. Do you have a vouch thread? I could say your reputation is shit to but how are you going to prove me wrong when your testimonials are spread around on 100's of different threads. You could take 10 or 15 minutes to look for them I guess  Roll Eyes

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=135007.0

BCB
CTG
VIP
Legendary

BCJ

View Profile
January 22, 2013, 04:37:38 PM

You could say anything you want jakers.  Wouldn't matter.

You should document all your trades until you have a better rep.

One confirm with 420 and these complaints do not inspire confidence.

Jakers

View Profile
January 22, 2013, 04:57:48 PM

Do you have all your trades documented? Or at least a vouch thread? I wasn't expecting something like this to come up so I had no reason to be worries, I was gaining my vouches at a steady pace. Since this isn't a problem anymore, and I never scammed in the first place, this can be closed (upon OP's request). We're talking on Skype now and I'm doing several things to get him his payment since this came up, and even including a 10% bonus for the wait + hassle.

John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

View Profile
January 22, 2013, 05:03:17 PM

We'll he's not doing a good job of creating a reputation as a trusted trader. 

Jakers maybe it's time to find a now hobby where trust doesn't matter.    WoW, Steam??
Well, Jakers is resolving the problem with OP (which is a genuine accusation). Boilerman's accusation is weak so to say as his evidence is practically non-existent, combined with the age of his account....
Jakers

View Profile
January 22, 2013, 05:16:14 PM

Thanks John, I'm willing to provide information if anything does come up with Boilerman. However, I think he was just black mailing me because right when this thread popped up I got a message from him trying to extort money from me. He would of seen this too because his account is new and this is generally the only place he can hang out and post. I'm more than willing to provide any info in the case anything does come up. I'm sure the record of the purchases (if any) on his Best Buy gift card will surely clear things up though  Smiley

John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

View Profile
January 22, 2013, 05:31:58 PM

Thanks John, I'm willing to provide information if anything does come up with Boilerman. However, I think he was just black mailing me because right when this thread popped up I got a message from him trying to extort money from me. He would of seen this too because his account is new and this is generally the only place he can hang out and post. I'm more than willing to provide any info in the case anything does come up. I'm sure the record of the purchases (if any) on his Best Buy gift card will surely clear things up though  Smiley
Can you provide a SS on his extortion message?
Boilerman, please provide more evidence like screenshots etc if you feel you have been unfairly scammed by Jakers.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: