Bitcoin Forum
May 15, 2024, 01:57:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 ... 639 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][XRB]Cryptocurrency's killer app: RaiBlocks micropayments  (Read 774983 times)
jrpatking

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 02, 2016, 07:59:02 PM

There's a lot of people at it today.  I'll be back later to look at it closer but people are getting handouts fairly consistently.

Take time. But it is not fair handouts I think. Maybe you know what's the glitch with the code. No rush. However, one of the nice distribution concept, you're making lot of people to look close at you. Good job. But you're not answering me, why I can't run precompiled linux wallet in Ubuntu 15. I get Illegal instruction (core dumped) error when I run ./rai_wallet?

Another issue. Whenever I try to enter my first captcha after a long time, it says to wait for 200+ seconds. Why it is not accepting the first claim?It was not happening yesterday. I think the dev has to check lot of things.

The first one shows to wait 200+ seconds. The second one is accepted. This has happened after I restart the machine. I will update again if next captcha is accepted or not?

The third one is accepted. Going good so far. Others, please update here, if you have any issues. It will help dev to look into it.

GUNBOT  THE AUTOMATIC PROFIT GENERATOR FOR POLONIEX 
     LIMITED EDITION
[15 DAYS MONEY BACK GUARANTEE
]
wlemahieu

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 02, 2016, 08:05:43 PM

There are some growing pains when scaling a website to handle a lot of new users. The problem should be fixed now, so thanks for your patience and for your detailed reports.

Keep in mind, there is a 5-minute timer for any new browser session (incognito, private-browsing, or cleared cache/cookies).
If you are re-visiting, then the 5-minute timer occurs after each successful free rai claim from the faucet.

Let me know if you have any questions or concerns.
cryptoboy.architect

Activity: 513
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 02, 2016, 08:14:21 PM

There are some growing pains when scaling a website to handle a lot of new users. The problem should be fixed now, so thanks for your patience and for your detailed reports.

Keep in mind, there is a 5-minute timer for any new browser session (incognito, private-browsing, or cleared cache/cookies).
If you are re-visiting, then the 5-minute timer occurs after each successful free rai claim from the faucet.

Shouldn't there be a restriction per account and per IP address as well?
wlemahieu

Activity: 52

View Profile
April 02, 2016, 08:17:21 PM

Shouldn't there be a restriction per account and per IP address as well?

Those restrictions are also in place.
cryptoboy.architect

View Profile
April 02, 2016, 08:23:18 PM

Serious question though - I really like the distribution method. Sort of "Proof of Human" by doing "I'm not a robot".

However - we have NO way of knowing that you won't distribute some of it under the hood to yourselves, without solving any captchas or waiting.

Do you have any viable business plans to profit from this, or are you just running it as an experiment?
- SpaceMan

Activity: 56

View Profile
April 02, 2016, 09:08:59 PM

Yep it's working like a charm now.

Good luck boys! Cheesy
honghaisea

Activity: 952
Merit: 502

View Profile
April 02, 2016, 11:46:59 PM

Serious question though - I really like the distribution method. Sort of "Proof of Human" by doing "I'm not a robot".

However - we have NO way of knowing that you won't distribute some of it under the hood to yourselves, without solving any captchas or waiting.

Do you have any viable business plans to profit from this, or are you just running it as an experiment?

This is what i want to know, is it just a experiment?
jibble

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 02, 2016, 11:55:41 PM

The title of the thread shows one of the sought after uses , micro transactions for ad blocking, a site accepting raiblocks , and paying a micro transaction to remove all adverts from the site you are visiting . With most conventional currencies this isn't possible , microtransactions are far too slow , or impossible to do considering the fee's will usually be more than the micro transaction you paying to remove adds, raibocks is near instant so instant confirmation of payment and very quickly being able to remove adverts from websites you visit that use raiblocks .

Any features/service or anything really that is great with micro transactions would be an ideal use case for this currency
cryptoboy.architect

View Profile
April 02, 2016, 11:59:09 PM

The title of the thread shows one of the sought after uses , micro transactions for ad blocking, a site accepting raiblocks , and paying a micro transaction to remove all adverts from the site you are visiting . With most conventional currencies this isn't possible , microtransactions are far too slow , or impossible to do considering the fee's will usually be more than the micro transaction you paying to remove adds, raibocks is near instant so instant confirmation of payment and very quickly being able to remove adverts from websites you visit that use raiblocks .

Any features/service or anything really that is great with micro transactions would be an ideal use case for this currency

You completely sidestepped the more important question - how do we know they won't give themselves some supply under the table, and once money is involved, it may be hard to resist the temptation.

Also, while this will work for micro-transactions due to no fees, it's really instant if you have 100s of pending transactions.

Just playing devil's advocate. I'd like to hear a response to that question from the devs though.
crazyearner
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 03, 2016, 12:08:44 AM

Is their any block chain running for this yet that is active to see wallet online and transactions for deposits and payments out ?

We only have a basic block explorer right now.  https://raiblocks.net/#/block-explorer and in the wallet you can get a more complete listing of the whole ledger.

We're definitely looking to add these.

Needs to be done so can see transaction online and not needing wallet fully functional blockchain that provides transactions balances ect will be nice to have than the basic info right now. Cant view wallet just transactions

=
  R E B E L L I O U S 
  ▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄                           ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄
▄▀        █▄▄                     ▄▄█        ▀▄
█            █████████████████████            █
█▄          ██       ██ ██       ██          ▄█
█        █            █            █        █
  █    █               █               █    █
   █ ██               █ █               ██ █
    █ █               █ █               █ █
    █ ███▄  █████▄   ██ ██   ▄█████  ▄███ █
    █     ███     █         █     ███     █
     █   █   ▀███ █  █   █  █ ███▀   █   █
     █   █      █ █  █   █  █ █      █   █
     █   █      ██  █     █  ██      █   █
      █  █     ██  █       █  ██     █  █
      █  █    ██  █ ███████ █  ██    █  █
      █ ███   ██  █         █  ██   ███ █
       █   ▀███      █   █      ███▀   █
        █     ██       █       ██     █
         █      █   ▄▄███▄▄   █      █
          ███   ███▀       ▀███   ███
             █████           █████
                  ███████████
  ▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄                           ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄
▄▀        █▄▄                     ▄▄█        ▀▄
█            █████████████████████            █
█▄          ██       ██ ██       ██          ▄█
█        █            █            █        █
  █    █               █               █    █
   █ ██               █ █               ██ █
    █ █               █ █               █ █
    █ ███▄  █████▄   ██ ██   ▄█████  ▄███ █
    █     ███     █         █     ███     █
     █   █   ▀███ █  █   █  █ ███▀   █   █
     █   █      █ █  █   █  █ █      █   █
     █   █      ██  █     █  ██      █   █
      █  █     ██  █       █  ██     █  █
      █  █    ██  █ ███████ █  ██    █  █
      █ ███   ██  █         █  ██   ███ █
       █   ▀███      █   █      ███▀   █
        █     ██       █       ██     █
         █      █   ▄▄███▄▄   █      █
          ███   ███▀       ▀███   ███
             █████           █████
                  ███████████
  R E B E L L I O U S
jibble

View Profile
April 03, 2016, 12:24:35 AM

You completely sidestepped the more important question - how do we know they won't give themselves some supply under the table, and once money is involved, it may be hard to resist the temptation.

Also, while this will work for micro-transactions due to no fees, it's really instant if you have 100s of pending transactions.

Just playing devil's advocate. I'd like to hear a response to that question from the devs though.

At the moment the things you know are . since the release in october of 2015, when rewards were 1000 mrai per click with no real delay in claiming so couold be done constantly and they have yet to claim or hoard huge amounts, considering that about 1 month ago there was only 6-7 million distributed in total and now that more people are finally seeing it , distribution has grown exponentially . yet check the blockchain and you wont see a secret hoard of coins, they might hold some and gained them exactly the same way as everyone else has been able to get.

He has worked pretty much 2 years solidly on this project, which crypto currencies do you know that put in sooooo much hard work to create a project while purposely not hyping it until it is ready , working day and night to create his ideas.

He has gone to extreme effort to have multiple safety measures in place to prevent the controling of the main pot, the one distribution to the faucet and is hoping to further decentralized that method as more users begin to adopt .

I would also be curious on technical details/information on the abilities to scale and still maintain the same performance and instant transactions , i think it has been mentioned previously in other pages of this thread thou .

If you want to test it thou, we can try and arrange 10-20 of us to start spamming the network sending microtransactions of 1 coin to each other as many as possible as quickly as possible to see how it handles
cryptoboy.architect

View Profile
April 03, 2016, 12:59:07 AM

At the moment the things you know are . since the release in october of 2015, when rewards were 1000 mrai per click with no real delay in claiming so couold be done constantly and they have yet to claim or hoard huge amounts, considering that about 1 month ago there was only 6-7 million distributed in total and now that more people are finally seeing it , distribution has grown exponentially . yet check the blockchain and you wont see a secret hoard of coins, they might hold some and gained them exactly the same way as everyone else has been able to get.

He has worked pretty much 2 years solidly on this project, which crypto currencies do you know that put in sooooo much hard work to create a project while purposely not hyping it until it is ready , working day and night to create his ideas.

He has gone to extreme effort to have multiple safety measures in place to prevent the controling of the main pot, the one distribution to the faucet and is hoping to further decentralized that method as more users begin to adopt .

I would also be curious on technical details/information on the abilities to scale and still maintain the same performance and instant transactions , i think it has been mentioned previously in other pages of this thread thou .

If you want to test it thou, we can try and arrange 10-20 of us to start spamming the network sending microtransactions of 1 coin to each other as many as possible as quickly as possible to see how it handles

Again - just because it hasn't happened, it doesn't mean it won't happen. They could get hacked too. They could be coerced into distributing it secretly to smaller accounts. The bottom line is from purely technical perspective the distribution is centralized. I actually would've been happier if they did take a % upfront for development and stated that clearly. It still begs the question - how would development for this project be funded. I believe this project could grow a lot if it has access to funding.

I did try some transactions between my own accounts, and it gets backlogged pretty quickly. It also requires a lot of proof of work for the transactions to be processed. So it's not entirely "free". But it is also reasonable. I can see a place for it where it is installed on various web servers as a service that the website could query to decide whether to serve ads. In fact an ad service may be a really good use case, where sites could put a placeholder and as soon as someone pays to the placeholder - the site automatically starts serving ads.

Still distribution raises some questions, as it doesn't clearly state the motivation of the developers. It is impressive what they've got done, yet it is strange that they don't seem to have a plan to profit from it. Investors for some reason like greedy developers, go figure. Smiley
kelsey
Legendary

Activity: 1876

View Profile
April 03, 2016, 01:14:32 AM

how do we know devs don't sneak some, well you can never be 100% certain tis the internet, but yeah if 100s of us can grab them its obviously being distributed.

also the dev could have done an ICO and sold the lot (though i and many would avoid it eth etc are doing ok on that etc). so credit goes to the devs of trying a fair and free distribution.

kelsey
Legendary

Activity: 1876

View Profile
April 03, 2016, 01:17:30 AM

i can see much greater potential then just removing ad blocks (though thats a use example), satoshi white paper even highlights microtransactions as a main reason for bitcoin initial existence, yet that use for it was lost long time ago.

jibble

View Profile
April 03, 2016, 01:23:12 AM

Again - just because it hasn't happened, it doesn't mean it won't happen. They could get hacked too. They could be coerced into distributing it secretly to smaller accounts. The bottom line is from purely technical perspective the distribution is centralized. I actually would've been happier if they did take a % upfront for development and stated that clearly. It still begs the question - how would development for this project be funded. I believe this project could grow a lot if it has access to funding.

I did try some transactions between my own accounts, and it gets backlogged pretty quickly. It also requires a lot of proof of work for the transactions to be processed. So it's not entirely "free". But it is also reasonable. I can see a place for it where it is installed on various web servers as a service that the website could query to decide whether to serve ads. In fact an ad service may be a really good use case, where sites could put a placeholder and as soon as someone pays to the placeholder - the site automatically starts serving ads.

Still distribution raises some questions, as it doesn't clearly state the motivation of the developers. It is impressive what they've got done, yet it is strange that they don't seem to have a plan to profit from it. Investors for some reason like greedy developers, go figure. Smiley

I don't know the exact location of this but the developer has mentioned the security involved in the securing of faucet funds and the address sending the funds and all the measures that are gone thru to prevent anyone being able to coerce or hack into the system, and the intention to make this system more decentralized.

Just because satoshi hasn't moved any of his coins, doesn't mean he wont and crash the market

or the other 20-30% of coins that haven't been touched from the first 3 years of mining

We could create a story of a NSA agent under cover of his bosses somehow gaining access to multiple computers to destroy the currency and steal all the funds from he address and it "could" happen , there is nothing stopping it from being able to happen . But it most likely wont

The developer has given details on how he has secured the coins , he has shown that without any funding or want for money off of people to work his ass off for 2 years straight to create this coin . He has done more than 90%+ of coin dev's , is there a risk of something bad happening? Yes just like every single thing in the known universe , but he has put in security measures that put 90% of other coin dev's actions to shame .

The backlog could of been your own computer and i agree i would like to hear more details on scale-ability while not losing transaction speed.

A faucet distribution , a method of distribution coins that any body with a computer or even some phones can use, literally the least restrictive method of distribution something, (no one without an electrical device isn't gonna have any use for a crypto currency so no computer you wouldn't even be able to use it) so any person who can use it and owns and computer can get some coins for little effort.

This spreads the coin to a maximum amount of people while not creating huge restrictions into how can get the coin , everyone is pretty much even together in this , doesn't matter if you have a crappy computer or a high end gaming computer , you claim coins at exactly the same rate and equal.

This is a coin designed and would mostly benefit microtransactions, the more people who own the coin, the easier it is to get that coin adopted , if you have 100,000 people able to get some of this coin , and determine common interests that large %'s of that group like to do , it is much easy to get companies and websites and anybody else to adopt it and give it it's use case  
hakanbalta577

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 03, 2016, 01:29:49 AM

how long it takes to receive 200 mair to the wallet after seeing the sent in faucet?
jibble

View Profile
April 03, 2016, 01:49:39 AM

how long it takes to receive 200 mair to the wallet after seeing the sent in faucet?

depends usually if your wallet is synced and not locked.

i can usually press request and before i am able to open my raiblocks wallet tab it has already been added, sometimes its a little slower but usually no longer than 1-5 seconds and the top end rarely happens , but might be different for others
hakanbalta577

View Profile
April 03, 2016, 02:08:35 AM

depends usually if your wallet is synced and not locked.

i can usually press request and before i am able to open my raiblocks wallet tab it has already been added, sometimes its a little slower but usually no longer than 1-5 seconds and the top end rarely happens , but might be different for others

1-5 seconds? reallyy?
I only install win32 wallet exe. Do I need any more installation or I made something wrong?
I really wait more and my wallet is open and unlock too.
iTradeChips

Activity: 1792
Merit: 536

Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform

View Profile
April 03, 2016, 02:10:56 AM

is it okay to use 2 machines on a single IP address?

█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
Stake.com
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
PLAY NOW
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
hakanbalta577

View Profile
April 03, 2016, 02:19:30 AM

for example this, I'm waiting and not seeing any movement in that account.

what am I doing wrong?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 ... 639 »
  Print  

Jump to: