Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 07:53:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 ... 639 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][XRB]Cryptocurrency's killer app: RaiBlocks micropayments  (Read 774983 times)
Cryptorials

Activity: 690
Merit: 505

Cryptorials.io

View Profile
April 05, 2016, 02:17:16 PM

Even if we could divide the faucet amount down there's still the situation that people who pay others to click for them will get >95% of everything that comes out of it which is why I'm very confused why this is such a popular wish.
Because some of them are naive and don't understand this problem, and the others are waiting to exploit it as you wrote Wink

How is that materially different from people who can pay to buy them getting the majority?

If you want to get some BTC for your work then I have absolutely no problem with that, but if its about fairness or amount of time required to run the faucet I really don't understand why its an issue at all. The time requirement because of people posting questions was only because it was never made clear exactly how it worked.

TheBomber999
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1001

"shh, he's coding..."

View Profile
April 05, 2016, 02:21:43 PM

Even if we could divide the faucet amount down there's still the situation that people who pay others to click for them will get >95% of everything that comes out of it which is why I'm very confused why this is such a popular wish.
Because some of them are naive and don't understand this problem, and the others are waiting to exploit it as you wrote Wink

How is that materially different from people who can pay to buy them getting the majority?

If you want to get some BTC for your work then I have absolutely no problem with that, but if its about fairness or amount of time required to run the faucet I really don't understand why its an issue at all. The time requirement because of people posting questions was only because it was never made clear exactly how it worked.

with auctions: coin will go only to the rich users
with faucet: coin will go to the developer and to the rich users

Cool

You either die a developer, or live long enough to see yourself become the scammer.
O muori da programmatore, o vivi tanto a lungo da diventare uno scammer.
cyberhacker
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 05, 2016, 02:23:39 PM

that is the problem.

How is possible to control the market if you play god of fairness.  you distributed out with recaptcha and then it is freedom of ppl hold or dump.

recaptcha is most fair way indeed. the coin is getting popular, and more ppl will come and collect.

why dev is not raising the problem when only few ppl collecting most of coins in early days. but now?

if you really need fairness, there is many other ways far better than bid auction.

how can we call  bid auction is fairness?  

if bid auction is fairness. then ICO is almost 100 times better than "bid auction" fairness.

I hope i express myself well with my english.
Flomess

Activity: 705
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 05, 2016, 02:28:42 PM

I don't belive we'll see the end of today auction, sadly this system is more flawed than the faucet one (fake bids?).

There are no perfect distribution systems but i belive that selling the larger part in an ICO, airdropping a smaller part to the old BTT community and keeping the faucet up with a super-small symbolic ammount is the best compromise and has many pros.
clemahieu (OP)

Activity: 238
Merit: 122

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2016, 02:29:03 PM

that is the problem.

How is possible to control the market if you play god of fairness.  you distributed out with recaptcha and then it is freedom of ppl hold or dump.

recaptcha is most fair way indeed. the coin is getting popular, and more ppl will come and collect.

why dev is not raising the problem when only few ppl collecting most of coins in early days. but now?

if you really need fairness, there is many other ways far better than bid auction.

how can we call  bid auction is fairness?  

if bid auction is fairness. then ICO is almost 100 times better than "bid auction" fairness.

I hope i express myself well with my english.

It wasn't a problem until there were hundreds of people doing it every 5 minutes and sending me email, facebook invites, BCT messages, posts, tweets, asking about the faucet and suggesting it be increased or decreased.

RaiBlocks coin:  Instant blocks, no fees
clemahieu (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2016, 02:29:27 PM

I don't belive we'll see the end of today auction, sadly this system is more flawed than the faucet one (fake bids?).

There are no perfect distribution systems but i belive that selling the larger part in an ICO, airdropping a smaller part to the old BTT community and keeping the faucet up with a super-small symbolic ammount is the best compromise and has many pros.

I'm not opposed to airdropping though the immediate response will be saying I'm airdropping to myself.

Flomess

View Profile
April 05, 2016, 02:33:01 PM

I'm not opposed to airdropping though the immediate response will be saying I'm airdropping to myself.

Sadly FUD will be always present on this board, either learn to pass over it or ask for a self-moderated thread...
clemahieu (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2016, 02:47:44 PM

The closest thing I can think of to reinstating the faucet would be this:

Rather than the faucet paying out instantly we total up all requests for the day and at the end of the day we do it in one large payout based on percentages.  This would save the server load but get us back a lot of the niceness of the faucet.  It would take several days to implement.

wizzardTim
Legendary

Activity: 1708

Reality is stranger than fiction

View Profile
April 05, 2016, 02:54:15 PM

The only way to acquire this coin is via faucet?

If that is the case, then I guess it can be manipulated through botnets

Behold the Tangle Mysteries! Dare to know It's truth.

- Excerpt from the IOTA Sacred Texts Vol. I
jokumat

Activity: 249
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 05, 2016, 02:58:03 PM

The only way to acquire this coin is via faucet?

If that is the case, then I guess it can be manipulated through botnets

They use captchas. But it can be manipulated by hired human "robots".

Edit: I can see. You did not really mean it. Just a signature campaign
Flomess

View Profile
April 05, 2016, 03:00:27 PM

Rather than the faucet paying out instantly we total up all requests for the day and at the end of the day we do it in one large payout based on percentages.  This would save the server load but get us back a lot of the niceness of the faucet.  It would take several days to implement.

Yes please!

The captcha-solvers are ultimately not a problem since a very large majority of them end up downloading the wallet and being Raiblocks users themselves. I myself got to know Mrai thanks to one of those threads!
And i belive almost all of the "begging-for-the-faucet" new users come from those kind of services. It ultimately spreads the diffusion.

And you can always keep the control on the distribution ammount / schedule.
LovSan

Activity: 644

(●´ω´●) Nil de nihilo fit

View Profile
April 05, 2016, 03:11:12 PM

Bid auction for just 7 people a week, you must be kidding? How you came to this weird idea? It just screems: "I WANT MUCH BTCS WOWOWOW I DON'T CARE ABOUT DISTRIBUTION WOWOWOW BTCS HOARD MOAR BTCS BEFORE SUMMER WOWOWOW". Grin

Why not to make normal ICO/IPO/Crowdfunding or if you want to distribute coins for years to come (for me it's just plain stupid, years in crypto like decades in real life, people will forget/fork your coin in a few months) do it at least fair. Make a system POT like, where every person which sent BTCs to you in a given week will get a fraction of 450k pie, no matter how little but thats better than auction BS, but even then I find such system of distribution flawed and too much risk low reward for investors taking into account YEARs of distribution and developer as changeable as the weather.

Faucet distribution is not a novel idea. The last coin I do remember had distribution for all nodes online every hour, it's dead now, but anyway it was better than this mess with human recaptcha slaves and 7 chosen ones.

❄❁❇❂❇❃❇❅❇❆❇❈❇❉❇❊❇❋❄♒❇♓❇♉❇♈❇♊❇♋❇♌❇♍❇♎❇♏❇♐❇♑❄❋❇❊❇❉❇❈❇❆❇❅❇❃❇❂❇❁❄
jrpatking

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 05, 2016, 03:22:22 PM

Lot of responses here. Wow!

After reading all those, I have got this.

Options
1. Proper ICO
2. Resuming to faucet system. [Don't care about the captcha slaves]
3. Burning the rest of the coins
4. ICO+Faucet
5. Auction and keep all the btc for yourself and don't show any coin improvement
6. Resume Faucet service again for sometime. Allot the rest of the coins to POS for the next years.
7. Drop the coin.
8. Make the rest of the coins minable like other altcoins.

Not to do
At any cost, don't hurry up and end the distribution in short times like 1 or 2 weeks not even a year.
Don't feed the coins for the lazy people. People should be doing something for the coin.

The idea to hire people for Mrai on the services section is the very worst thing. That makes the starting point of all these discussions and confustions. Again stating that, a dev shouldn't be worrying about that people's money making methods. If you're worried about that, then there is a form of greediness in you for money.

GUNBOT  THE AUTOMATIC PROFIT GENERATOR FOR POLONIEX 
     LIMITED EDITION
[15 DAYS MONEY BACK GUARANTEE
]
cyberhacker
Legendary

Activity: 1330

View Profile
April 05, 2016, 03:26:20 PM

Lot of responses here. Wow!

After reading all those, I have got this.

Options
1. Proper ICO
2. Resuming to faucet system. [Don't care about the captcha slaves]
3. Burning the rest of the coins
4. ICO+Faucet
5. Auction and keep all the btc for yourself and don't show any coin improvement
6. Resume Faucet service again for sometime. Allot the rest of the coins to POS for the next years.
7. Drop the coin.
8. Make the rest of the coins minable like other altcoins.

Not to do
At any cost, don't hurry up and end the distribution in short times like 1 or 2 weeks not even a year.
Don't feed the coins for the lazy people. People should be doing something for the coin.

The idea to hire people for Mrai on the services section is the very worst thing. That makes the starting point of all these discussions and confustions. Again stating that, a dev shouldn't be worrying about that people's money making methods. If you're worried about that, then there is a form of greediness in you for money.

+1000000

I VOUCH for  1 and 4

forget all other options.
Cryptorials

Activity: 690
Merit: 505

Cryptorials.io

View Profile
April 05, 2016, 03:48:51 PM

I think it would be good if you could do that, perhaps with part of the coins being distributed this way and part through some kind of sale.

jrpatking

View Profile
April 05, 2016, 03:58:06 PM

I think it would be good if you could do that, perhaps with part of the coins being distributed this way and part through some kind of sale.

Do one payout daily. This is way easy to manage the server load. I would like to insist the same in the earlier days. But the dev hasn't responding to any of my posts in the past when I asked about the linux wallet build error. He simply ignored me. It will reduce the blockchain size.

LIMITED EDITION
]
clemahieu (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2016, 04:11:28 PM

Do one payout daily. This is way easy to manage the server load. I would like to insist the same in the earlier days. But the dev hasn't responding to any of my posts in the past when I asked about the linux wallet build error. He simply ignored me. It will reduce the blockchain size.

The build system right now is pretty difficult, I want to improve it but my time has been filled with distribution concerns.

If you want to run it on Linux I recommend running it inside a VM of Ubuntu 14 LTS

FruitsBasket
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1017

View Profile
April 05, 2016, 04:16:33 PM

I would like to see this idea Smiley
It is really cool, but it must have a real live stats of the percentage u have, so it is updated real time each claim. Also you could just make this an ICO coin and after the ICO relaunch the faucet with the new idea which would attract more users to the coin because after the ICO many people can earn also free coins through the faucet which means that users who are not wanting to spend their money in the coin, can also participate and benefit from the coin.

fck@dt-alwayzz_newbz
jrpatking

View Profile
April 05, 2016, 04:24:06 PM

The build system right now is pretty difficult, I want to improve it but my time has been filled with distribution concerns.

If you want to run it on Linux I recommend running it inside a VM of Ubuntu 14 LTS

Great! You finally replied to my requests here. I will to run in Ubuntu 14. Thanks for the reply. Now I'm running win32 wallet inside Virtualbox. I hope you do come up with a good decision on the distribution and put an end to worthless talks here.

Edit: Are you the only dev working Rai? Are there any community members for this coin? If yes, list their names here please.

LIMITED EDITION
]
BOVALL

Activity: 148
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 05, 2016, 04:28:44 PM

AO  1aкция = 1 дoллapy = 1 MRAI   
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 ... 639 »
  Print  

Jump to: