Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 01:12:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 ... 639 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][XRB]Cryptocurrency's killer app: RaiBlocks micropayments  (Read 774983 times)
- SpaceMan

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 03, 2016, 08:40:38 PM

So there's no prediction when the faucet will be up?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
clemahieu (OP)

Activity: 238
Merit: 122

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2016, 08:54:58 PM

helping people setting up systems that make use of rai nodes

Well if you do find any time at some point feel free to send me any information about using the ad-removal script. I have a website with ~2500 page views per day which has adverts on it and gets crypto-friendly readers. If you are willing to help set it up and it isn't going to kill my server or make page loads super-slow I would be happy to give it a go.

Yea that'd be excellent.  We'll put together a script with the purpose of being drop-in code.

I think the biggest advantage of the freemium ad concept is if people don't understand it, they can just ignore it and they'll just get ads like normal.

RaiBlocks coin:  Instant blocks, no fees
Cryptorials

Activity: 690
Merit: 505

Cryptorials.io

View Profile
April 03, 2016, 08:59:53 PM

We'll put together a script with the purpose of being drop-in code.

That would be perfect. My technical skills are heavily based around copy & paste, lol.

I think the biggest advantage of the freemium ad concept is if people don't understand it, they can just ignore it and they'll just get ads like normal.

Absolutely, there seems to be very little cost or downside to me or any of my readers for adding this.

kryptopojken

Activity: 767
Merit: 532

View Profile
April 03, 2016, 09:09:26 PM

We need the faucet :/
- SpaceMan

View Profile
April 03, 2016, 09:11:05 PM

Yeah man......... dev doesn't say a word about the faucet Sad
jibble

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 03, 2016, 09:24:31 PM

It has literally been explained at the top of the page of this thread

It's off because we've been over target the last couple days and we're focusing on making sure it works going forward.

Everyone concerned with the long term health of the project is primarily concerned with the health of the network itself, first and foremost.
- SpaceMan

View Profile
April 03, 2016, 09:27:05 PM

It's off because we've been over target the last couple days and we're focusing on making sure it works going forward.

Everyone concerned with the long term health of the project is primarily concerned with the health of the network itself, first and foremost.

Yeah man but the question is when? When it will be up and running again?
2 times down in 1 day is bad :/
jibble

View Profile
April 03, 2016, 09:39:25 PM

It has been down twice because of the sheer amount of people claiming coins , There is a distribution plan that is in place to be followed , If it goes much faster than anticipated , it will be corrected and improved as to not distribute too many coins at once or ruin the distribution plan

from October 2015-February 2016 , there was around 6-7 million coins distributed, it was not well known had no financial incentive because there was no place to exchange it.

from Feb - Just now at the beginning of April , less than 2 months pretty much, the distribution has doubled. in the last 2 days total distribution has increased by over 10% , in 2 days .

The coin is getting more and more popular , so when the distribution speeds up and more people take an interest there needs to be changes to keep to the original distribution plan and to do server improvements .

I explain this because this is just a tiny amount of the work that has to be done, there are numerous other things the dev's have to do that are involved in the distribution of this coin to make it as fair as possible .

so the answer to your question is most likely no answered because there is no way to know with certainty just when the faucet wil be back online, a rough estimate will be either later tonight or tomorrow like it has been every other time, maybe with changed criteria to better control it to stick to the original distribution plan and keep it on track, but it is not possible to know exactly when yet
- SpaceMan

View Profile
April 03, 2016, 09:47:51 PM

It has been down twice because of the sheer amount of people claiming coins , There is a distribution plan that is in place to be followed , If it goes much faster than anticipated , it will be corrected and improved as to not distribute too many coins at once or ruin the distribution plan

from October 2015-February 2016 , there was around 6-7 million coins distributed, it was not well known had no financial incentive because there was no place to exchange it.

from Feb - Just now at the beginning of April , less than 2 months pretty much, the distribution has doubled. in the last 2 days total distribution has increased by over 10% , in 2 days .

The coin is getting more and more popular , so when the distribution speeds up and more people take an interest there needs to be changes to keep to the original distribution plan and to do server improvements .

I explain this because this is just a tiny amount of the work that has to be done, there are numerous other things the dev's have to do that are involved in the distribution of this coin to make it as fair as possible .

so the answer to your question is most likely no answered because there is no way to know with certainty just when the faucet wil be back online, a rough estimate will be either later tonight or tomorrow like it has been every other time, maybe with changed criteria to better control it to stick to the original distribution plan and keep it on track, but it is not possible to know exactly when yet

Hum ok..
MALCOM X X X

Activity: 297
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 04, 2016, 12:45:32 AM

Will be great if DEV say something about Faucet distribution..

A lot of people wait to be online again..

brianlee01

Activity: 476

View Profile
April 04, 2016, 02:27:06 AM
Last edit: April 04, 2016, 02:41:28 AM by brianlee01

I've try the faucet he said wait 200+ seconds. But when i try to wait the faucet is off
Idk it's still working or not.
jibble

View Profile
April 04, 2016, 02:48:38 AM

I've try the faucet he said wait 200+ seconds. But when i try to wait the faucet is off
Idk it's still working or not.

nope still aint working, give it time and it will be back online after the dev does what he needs to do
clemahieu (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2016, 03:02:15 AM

I sort of started that secondary market and was overwhlemed with people willing to solve captchas. In fact they said this was 10x the going rate. I just wanted to acquire a more decent position in Mrai, but there were no decent offers.

That said - I like what one of the captcha solvers said - for this to be fair, and to eliminate the second market. Why not make it give some large amount, say 10,000 Mrai every 12 hours. or 1,000 every hour, or something along those lines. (You could even dynamically adjust the number based on when the target will be reached).

This achieves 3 things:

* Discourages second markets for captcha solvers (one I am guilty of creating, but not against eliminating the need for it)
* Puts less load on the faucet server, as it spreads transactions out more
* Puts less load on the blockchain, as it will have less total blocks per account

Most of us who want to acquire some in the long run, generally click in our free time, once or twice a day.

Just my 2 rai.

A lower rate is definitely what we want for the reasons you listed.  One thing this opens up is more elaborate circumvention of the limiters we currently have because it removes the capcha entry time from the equation.

We could add authentication to a social media account and do verification on account age. I did some research on this a while ago and none of them seem forthcoming with an "account created" time but there are some heuristics that can be applied.

It also seems like some people aren't keeping what they get from the faucet, they turn around and sell it so it goes to whoever can find the most contacts who will trade kind of defeating the usefulness to anyone not doing this.

jibble

View Profile
April 04, 2016, 03:17:38 AM

A lower rate is definitely what we want for the reasons you listed.  One thing this opens up is more elaborate circumvention of the limiters we currently have because it removes the capcha entry time from the equation.

We could add authentication to a social media account and do verification on account age. I did some research on this a while ago and none of them seem forthcoming with an "account created" time but there are some heuristics that can be applied.

It also seems like some people aren't keeping what they get from the faucet, they turn around and sell it so it goes to whoever can find the most contacts who will trade kind of defeating the usefulness to anyone not doing this.

If social media includes this site , and not the likes of facebook or twitter then that could be beneficial , you got a lot of paranoid , screw the system types here that tend to stay away from social media sites like the plague .

There will always be people that instantly sell once received, i wouldn't be surprised if the % of people doing captchas then trying to sell for the best price right away was similar to that of miners of other crypto currencies.

There has been an interesting discussion on the trading thread about perhaps creating an ad blocker add-on for chrome, easy to download , easy to use, could be used for website owners and surfers alike . something to give people a real world benefit from getting the coin, might help reduce the mount of people selling everything as soon as they get any .

The good thing is, more people than ever are claiming coins, so the spread of the coin is better now and reaching more people, accumulation has happened with every single crypto currency and without harsh restrictions i don't know if it would be able to be managed properly to any degree
clemahieu (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2016, 03:27:25 AM

If social media includes this site , and not the likes of facebook or twitter then that could be beneficial , you got a lot of paranoid , screw the system types here that tend to stay away from social media sites like the plague .

There will always be people that instantly sell once received, i wouldn't be surprised if the % of people doing captchas then trying to sell for the best price right away was similar to that of miners of other crypto currencies.

There has been an interesting discussion on the trading thread about perhaps creating an ad blocker add-on for chrome, easy to download , easy to use, could be used for website owners and surfers alike . something to give people a real world benefit from getting the coin, might help reduce the mount of people selling everything as soon as they get any .

The good thing is, more people than ever are claiming coins, so the spread of the coin is better now and reaching more people, accumulation has happened with every single crypto currency and without harsh restrictions i don't know if it would be able to be managed properly to any degree

A plugin like that is a great idea. I approached shapeshift because their lense plugin does something similar but they weren't interested at the time, maybe in the future.

A plugin would have to trigger a wallet action so that whole layer needs to be secure but that type of idea is exactly what we can do.

skywen

Activity: 259

View Profile
April 04, 2016, 03:38:35 AM

still  going to  buy raiblocks, please message me if you want to sell

n

sell domains: blockmall.com  blockvip.vom blockdebit.com blockF.com blockV.com blocklicense.com  mall.sex mall.live
jibble

View Profile
April 04, 2016, 04:02:01 AM

still  going to  buy raiblocks, please message me if you want to sell

n

i have created a trade thread, if you are wishing to buy raiblocks there are plenty of people selling them here : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1422828
kelsey
Legendary

Activity: 1876

View Profile
April 04, 2016, 04:09:03 AM

been down the road investigating fair distribution a few times, still with no answer.

social media; bad idea, a)as mentioned, for the the crypto types who are anti social media, should people be forced to have an account? b) very gameable, you can buy packs of 1000s of verified social media accounts if you know where too look.

faucets;a) can be gamed b) everyone's on about waste of resources with pow, but shouldn't human time resource be considered even more valuable.

its the internet and any approach can be gamed, and/or can be deemed unfair by various peoples definition (always will get whingers). this coin being under the radar probably so far has saved it from being properly gamed.

on the fair distro point, does it even matter? ie once its traded it becomes as unfair as anything its traded with ie someone rich in fiat can instantly become rich in crypto making crypto no fairer then fiat.

so is there even an answer to 'fair' distibution? if there is i'd like to know.

clemahieu (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2016, 04:18:35 AM

been down the road investigating fair distribution a few times, still with no answer.

social media; bad idea, a)as mentioned, for the the crypto types who are anti social media, should people be forced to have an account? b) very gameable, you can buy packs of 1000s of verified social media accounts if you know where too look.

faucets;a) can be gamed b) everyone's on about waste of resources with pow, but shouldn't human time resource be considered even more valuable.

its the internet and any approach can be gamed, and/or can be deemed unfair by various peoples definition (always will get whingers). this coin being under the radar probably so far has saved it from being properly gamed.

on the fair distro point, does it even matter? ie once its traded it becomes as unfair as anything its traded with ie someone rich in fiat can instantly become rich in crypto making crypto no fairer then fiat.

Yea those are some really good points.  I'll have to think about it some more.

jibble

View Profile
April 04, 2016, 04:32:56 AM

It is a very detailed and frequently talked about topic, since the beginning of bitcoin there have been hundreds of threads talking about it , i think you are exactly right in that regard , it is completely impossible to create a perfect unless you somehow had photographic unique person proof which cannot be done over a computer .

I think that actively implementing ways to make it fairer , once there have been found obvious manipulations in the system and to keep adapting the system, but i don't know how useful that would be , distracting the dev from developing would be less beneficial than constantly spending most of your waking day fighting to make it fairer
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 ... 639 »
  Print  

Jump to: