Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 11:03:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is it possible to buy bitcoins by paypal?  (Read 18504 times)
frycek (OP)

Activity: 115
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 29, 2016, 06:56:57 PM

Hello,

I want to as is it possible to buy bitcoins by paypal and don't get ban from them?

I have to charge my faucet but I don't have bitcoins to do it and I stuck ;/
SlidingHorn

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
February 29, 2016, 07:03:08 PM

It is never recommended to buy BTCitcoin using paypal.  There is far too much risk involved.

First, as far as I remember, it is against their terms to deal in cryptocurrencies.  If they determine that you're doing so, they can freeze the account, and you can lose your money.  Also, there is always the possibility that the person you're buying from will reverse the transaction.  There are several people on this forum that will tell you that there are easy methods and ways to avoid this:  They are lying to you

Your best bet is to find a reputable, tested site like Bitstamp or something else in your area. 

There is always LocalBitcoins as well.  They can help you put together a deal with someone almost no matter where you are.

MadGamer
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1031

View Profile
February 29, 2016, 07:09:18 PM

Hello,

I want to as is it possible to buy bitcoins by paypal and don't get ban from them?

It's possible if you don't care about the rates and because people won't trust you since you are low ranked on the forums and also because Paypal is a reversible payment method you should use virwox.com (as I stated above ,rates are little bit high but service is legit)
frycek (OP)

Activity: 115
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 29, 2016, 07:21:16 PM

I was thinking about some legit services using paypal and selling bitcoins.

I'm affroid to get freeze by paypal, so I won't try it. So i think I have to buy bitcoins by localbitcoins
OmegaStarScream
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3486
Merit: 6144

View Profile
February 29, 2016, 07:24:22 PM

I'm affroid to get freeze by paypal, so I won't try it. So i think I have to buy bitcoins by localbitcoins

I used Virwox before to buy using Paypal and nothing happened to my account till now (that happened like 4-5 months ago) !

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Ace_Of_Fades

Activity: 200

View Profile
February 29, 2016, 08:06:20 PM
Last edit: February 29, 2016, 08:25:40 PM by Ace_Of_Fades

Check out the currency exchange on hackforums. There's alot of trusted members on there who will sell you bitcoin for your paypal. Even if you have no post count and have just joined. Before I had a coinbase account, this is how I bought all my bitcoins.

jerowacik
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 01, 2016, 02:37:00 AM

it is very possible. Now many service providers who provide services to the bitcoin exchange paypal or paypal to bitcoin. it is very easy to charge a fee that is cheap as well.
enhu
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1018

View Profile
March 01, 2016, 05:23:03 AM

Scammers buy bitcoin by paypal regularly, it happens from time to time in this forum. you don't happen to be one right?
Because they usually pretend to be a newbie here, leaving marks like they want btc and buying thru paypal and such but turned out to be scambags.

escrows don't change anything when paypal is involved.

██████████ BitcoinCleanUp.comDebunking Bitcoin's Energy Use ██████████
██████████                Twitter#EndTheFUD                 ██████████
Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
March 01, 2016, 06:00:29 AM

PayPal = Charge-back = getting scammed : the risk is always there and there is nothing you can do about it either since you will have a very hard time proving to PayPal that the trade took place and the buyer charged-back to scam you.

if you really want to do this, find someone on this forum who has been doing this for a while and has greed trust rating and do the trade with him and only this way the risk will be minimized

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
March 01, 2016, 07:16:56 AM

this can be done easily, you need something called coinimal an exchange where you can sell bitcoin for paypal, but not buy because of chargeback issue
Nrcewker
Copper Member

Activity: 2184
Merit: 536

Building my own Dreams!

View Profile
March 02, 2016, 05:28:33 AM

possible, many people have been doing it, but it still has a risk of freezing accounts, so you should keep the details of every transaction, just in case.

also, you can see my retail store, a paradise for small purchases/sellers!

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1374218.0   Smiley

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
martinacar

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 02, 2016, 11:13:40 AM

this can be done easily, you need something called coinimal an exchange where you can sell bitcoin for paypal, but not buy because of chargeback issue
I dont know if that is possible. But it is not so smart not to buy some Bitcoins. You can see that the value is slowy rising.
And that is only very good for those people who made an investment, they can have some profit later.
stiffbud

Activity: 980
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 02, 2016, 11:23:50 AM

It is not possible to buy directly but you can trade. You can use localbitcoins and virwox. Tho they have quite huge fees so you can use them if you are trading big amounts. Also you can try the currency exchange section here, you can look for peoples who wants to trade your paypal for bitcoin. Always use escrow if you are dealing with unreputable members

Decentralized
Asset-Backed Banking

▄▄██████████████████
 █████████████████████
█████▀▀
████▀    ████
████     ████
████     ████
         ████     ████
         ████    ▄████
               ▄▄█████
█████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀ 
.TheStandard.io.█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
BTCLovingDude
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1010

BTC to the moon is inevitable...

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2016, 02:20:56 PM

It is not possible to buy directly but you can trade. You can use localbitcoins and virwox. Tho they have quite huge fees so you can use them if you are trading big amounts. Also you can try the currency exchange section here, you can look for peoples who wants to trade your paypal for bitcoin. Always use escrow if you are dealing with unreputable members

when it comes to paypal and charge back it doesn't matter if you use an escrow because after the trade you can't ask the escrow to keep holding the funds until the charge back period has passed, they can charge back as soon as they get the fund from escrow.

--looking for signature--
fortunecrypto
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 1047

thecryptocurrency.directory

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2016, 03:22:36 PM

Hello,

You can the only risk is if you are going to buy that to a person you do not know or who is not a know and reputable buyer and seller it is better to buy to a relative or a trusted friend that to any exchanges or people you only met on facebook..

jjoorriissjjuuhh

Activity: 125

View Profile
March 02, 2016, 03:23:48 PM

Yes a lot of people sell on this forum.
If you cant find a sale here hit up localbitcoins.
I too find it pretty hard to sell mine sometimes!
phibay

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 02, 2016, 06:48:43 PM

Hello,

the chargeback issue and possibility is one major reason why a lot of people doesn;t want to sell bitcoins in exchange for paypal. unfortunately i can't name such service especially you are still a newbie

but it is still possible if you are going to buy from a close friend or someone who trust you. i have done it once to an encasher friend that didn't hesitate to exchange his btc to my paypal. smooth deal for us
roadbits
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 03, 2016, 06:01:51 AM

Scammers buy bitcoin by paypal regularly, it happens from time to time in this forum. you don't happen to be one right?
Because they usually pretend to be a newbie here, leaving marks like they want btc and buying thru paypal and such but turned out to be scambags.

escrows don't change anything when paypal is involved.

Yes, that is true. I have seen some guys even cheated for just $1 using paypal. So if you want to do paypal trades on this forum then you must gain trust from this community and later small amounts you can do it but until then I don't think any one will sell big amounts using paypal.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
March 03, 2016, 07:05:31 AM

I dont know if that is possible. But it is not so smart not to buy some Bitcoins. You can see that the value is slowy rising.
And that is only very good for those people who made an investment, they can have some profit later.

not with paypal though, you can buy directly and a bank account or cash face to face, no need to expose your money to a chargeback

note that a charge back can be done even with a bank account, if the account was stolen
stiffbud

Activity: 980
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 03, 2016, 08:04:49 AM

when it comes to paypal and charge back it doesn't matter if you use an escrow because after the trade you can't ask the escrow to keep holding the funds until the charge back period has passed, they can charge back as soon as they get the fund from escrow.

Well that is more reaso why you shouldn't trade paypal with someone untrustable. Also there are ways to wi the chargeback you know, you just need to deal accordingly to your rule so the chargeback will not happen. I have traded paypal before and so far non yet chargedback because they know they can't win. Wink

Decentralized
Asset-Backed Banking

▄▄██████████████████
 █████████████████████
█████▀▀
████▀    ████
████     ████
████     ████
         ████     ████
         ████    ▄████
               ▄▄█████
█████████████████████