Bitcoin Forum
June 07, 2024, 08:21:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 [453] 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 ... 559 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XRP] Ripple Speculation  (Read 636988 times)
bucciarati

Activity: 700
Merit: 108

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2018, 07:27:35 AM

Ripple is a good speculative coin. Today ripple showed very good growth and I had a hope that this project will give me a good chance to earn.
It's so good speculative coin that some people are talking about XRP being number 1 of the cryptocurrencies and that prices will be $500! Definitely if this happens, the world will be inside out and basically will kill the BTC! There are future XRP distribution programs for people and of course, people like inflation coins and still for free. It's a funny situation.

"future XRP distribution programs fpr people" Huh? what are you talking about? i doubt they are going to airdrop xrp ...

1DC

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 10:04:05 AM

I would like to hear people's opinion on XRP/Ripple.  News, Trends, Concepts, Technical Issues... anything pro or con that might be indicative of it's survival or growth opportunities in actual real world use cases.   Or things that indicate it's failure.

Here is my two cents to start it off, starting with a Disclaimer.
Disclaimer: I have weighted portfolio of Bitcoin (5 - 10%), Ethereum (70 - 80%), XRP/Ripple (10 - 25%). I'm a HODLer, not a Day Trader,a nd reportionments are done rarely based on trends.  My purpose of this post is to try and determine whether a repportionment of Ripple is appropriate.  And I am currently of an equal mind.  33% to lower stake.  33% says stay hte course.  33% says increase shares.  So real certainty here I tell ya!  LOL    Hoping someone will say something here to un-jam my mental logs.

My current facts as "I" see them....

CURRENT PRICE:  Ripple is doing absolutely nothing.  No real motion in any direction except sideways.  Only recent facto that may be contributor is the court case that allowed prior founder (McCaleb) to unload his billions of XRP at a current rate of "0.5% of average daily volume for each day of the week, including weekends and holidays".  So hardly anything of much substance, however, the fact that the price hasn't gone down means that there are at least enough buyers to keep the price even.

NEWS: I keep a very steady eye on Ripple, constantly trolling news, webs, boards for info.  Again - nothing.  Almost a total black hole of current news.  The only recent "news" are name dropping tidbits about SBI Holdings in Asia wanting to use Ripple.  Microsoft Azure being open to Ripple blockchains.  R3CEV hinting at Hyperledger open to Ripple use cases.  Royal Bank of Canada (RBC) running a Ripple Blockchain Trial.  Press Releases about 42% savings to banks using Ripple.   And vague references to Interledger, which is sort of analogous to Hyperledger or Lightening network in a way..... talk, no real world scenarios yet though.  And all of this very hypy-vague.   Just little tidbit trickles of "News", "non-News" actually, that basically says, "Hey, we're alive."

GENERAL THOUGHTS:  I think Ripple/XRP IS still alive, and due to the nature of its business model, is in "secret development" mode.  I mean, you won't see news, until you see news, but whe that news does come - it may be a hard break.  My opinion is that will most likely be up (obviously - I DO own it), but I guess it could be down, or it might even be just a really really slow up if the news is not dramatic enough that other coins (Bitcoin/Ethereum etc) aren't also releasing big news, and thereby suck up all the investment money that might go into Ripple/XRP - thereby blunting the reaction.  However, it could go the other way,a nd we could get good news out of Ripple / bad out of Ethereum/Bitcoin, and the pressure could be exacerbated up.   Also- the whole "premined" aspect doesn't bother me that much.  With all my crypto investments I am looking primarily at actual eventual use case scenarios to determine value.  The 2nd tier money coins (Lite, Dash, Monero etc) are of no interest, and even the Utility coins (Emercoin, Maidsafe, etc) seem a bit too spiky/dodgy and subject to market manipulation/risk to me.

Ripple is obviously a top tier player, but a little lacking in discussion at present.  Thought I'd fire up a topic. 

Peace,
- david

In my opinion based on my experience  here in cryptocurrency industry , ripple will be the next ethereum  in the near futire because it has potential like ethereum  have been before so I think in the next couple of years its price will reach near $1000.
ivomm
Legendary

Activity: 1857
Merit: 2854

All good things to those who wait

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 01:44:46 PM

Ripple is a good speculative coin. Today ripple showed very good growth and I had a hope that this project will give me a good chance to earn.
It's so good speculative coin that some people are talking about XRP being number 1 of the cryptocurrencies and that prices will be $500! Definitely if this happens, the world will be inside out and basically will kill the BTC! There are future XRP distribution programs for people and of course, people like inflation coins and still for free. It's a funny situation.

In my opinion based on my experience  here in cryptocurrency industry , ripple will be the next ethereum  in the near futire because it has potential like ethereum  have been before so I think in the next couple of years its price will reach near $1000.
These 2 posts made may day. I laughed with tears. Guys, ever heard of market cap? If not, I will tell you - multiply 100 000 000 with 1000 and you will obtain $100 trillion marked cap. How do you think? Is this realistic? LOL. Bitcoin may reach 10 trillion cap in the end, after eventual ETF and 1 or 2 halvings. XRP never was nor will be with market cap greater than Bitcoin. Of course, the owners are multi billionaires, so they can pump xrp with some announcement that some bank will use it. But who can be sure of this? What if the owners die or cash out and abandon XRP? Then the crash will be big. That is the problem with the altcoins in general. For that reason ask any early Bitcoin adopter how much XRP they own. There are only 2 answers I got - 0% and 1% of their crypto holdings. I am an open minded Bitcoin holder and miner, so I also bought with 1% of my BTC at the price of 0.28.   Grin
MemberBerries

Activity: 1099
Merit: 267

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 02:18:02 PM

In my opinion based on my experience  here in cryptocurrency industry , ripple will be the next ethereum  in the near futire because it has potential like ethereum  have been before so I think in the next couple of years its price will reach near $1000.
These 2 posts made may day. I laughed with tears. Guys, ever heard of market cap? If not, I will tell you - multiply 100 000 000 with 1000 and you will obtain $100 trillion marked cap. How do you think? Is this realistic? LOL. Bitcoin may reach 10 trillion cap in the end, after eventual ETF and 1 or 2 halvings. XRP never was nor will be with market cap greater than Bitcoin. Of course, the owners are multi billionaires, so they can pump xrp with some announcement that some bank will use it. But who can be sure of this? What if the owners die or cash out and abandon XRP? Then the crash will be big. That is the problem with the altcoins in general. For that reason ask any early Bitcoin adopter how much XRP they own. There are only 2 answers I got - 0% and 1% of their crypto holdings. I am an open minded Bitcoin holder and miner, so I also bought with 1% of my BTC at the price of 0.28.   Grin

Muh muhrketcahp

I think this thing wont matter kiddo

Builds a whole fucking eco system around it....pleb thinks they destroy the IOV with scammy dumping LMAO
Branko

Activity: 2492
Merit: 319

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 04:23:00 PM

I think this thing wont matter kiddo

Builds a whole fucking eco system around it....pleb thinks they destroy the IOV with scammy dumping LMAO

We can't be sure what coin will banksters choose (although XRP probably have biggest chances) but one thing you're right,
these people have absolutely no idea how big are mountains of money that big players move around

my favourite part (and I hope this depicts Ripple CEO  Grin )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3vofUNJo8hQ
Nevsky

Activity: 1064
Merit: 250

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2018, 06:31:11 PM

Good growth today. The news has done its job, now is the time to open short positions. RSI very overheated, waiting for a drop below 4800. What do you think?

in my opinion, something very much influences the crypto-currency market. Prices seem to start rising, but something hinders them and they are released again to the previous level.
Do you see how Bitcoin affects the altcoins? At the moment I do not know where Ripple will go next. But I think it must go below 4800 satosh.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
Branko

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 06:58:03 PM

Good growth today. The news has done its job, now is the time to open short positions. RSI very overheated, waiting for a drop below 4800. What do you think?

in my opinion, something very much influences the crypto-currency market. Prices seem to start rising, but something hinders them and they are released again to the previous level.
Do you see how Bitcoin affects the altcoins? At the moment I do not know where Ripple will go next. But I think it must go below 4800 satosh.

Out of all altcoins, XRP is most disconnected from BTC I think...I have feeling its destined to take #1 sooner or later
Crypto Lady

Activity: 378
Merit: 102

dApps Development Automation Platform

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 07:19:10 PM

Today this coin has grown a lot, and I was very surprised. I'm very pleased to see how my investment portfolio increases, but I was confused by the fact that the coin went against the general trend.

Simple_minds

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 20, 2018, 02:18:49 AM

Good to see the price moving up after the recent slumps. Hopefully the price will steadily go up higher.
elenora

Activity: 95
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 20, 2018, 05:16:12 AM

Sagar Sarbhai Says: XRP Piloted With 12 Banks Worldwide Before xRapid Launch

Sagar Sarbhai, Ripple's Head of Government and Regulatory Relations for APAC and the Middle East, recently revealed some information about XRP's connection with banks at a Fintech conference.

Sarbhai referred to the matter of XRP being piloted with around 12 banks worldwide even before the xRapid product was launched. He stated:

“In 2016 what we did was we piloted with 12 banks. These 12 banks were based across regions across the globe and they did not have prefunded relationships with each other. and what we did was we gave these banks some XRP and asked them to settle within themselves and it worked beautifully.”

At that time, XRP fitted well in cross-border payment usecase, however, a system was required for allowing the banks to utilize it due to the regulatory issues back then. Such issues were faced by the banks as per Sarbhai. He remarked:

"[They said] we would love to adopt it but we cannot, because there are capital requirements and regulatory uncertainty. So they said that its volatile, [and that] there are no set of regulations, so we cannot hold those assets in our books.”

This led the team of Ripple to come up with an evolved product - xRapid. For driving its mass adoption, Ripple started to partner up with payment providers who showed interest in using xRapid. Sarbhai said:

“That works because they don’t have to hold the digital asset on their books but using the piece of software called xRapid they can actually connect to a digital asset exchange, convert fiat to XRP at that time and XRP to fiat in real time on the other end and that actually happens in 3 seconds so there’s no case of volatility risk as well.”

To Continue reading https://cointopper.com/news/sagar-sarbhai-says-xrp-piloted-with-12-banks-worldwide-before-xrapid-launch

Branko

View Profile
September 20, 2018, 12:03:44 PM
Merited by RivAngE (1)

https://research.bloomberg.com/pub/res/d37g1Q1hEhBkiRCu_ruMdMsbc0A

Little value in XRP ($0.01), and cryptoassets which are misleadingly marketed, not needed within their own network, and have centralized ownership/validation.

https://www.ccn.com/monero-headed-to-18k-ripple-price-primed-for-97-crash-research/

The analysts predict that XRP, which once traded as high as $3.84 and is now valued at $0.33, will crash another 97 percent over the next five years, ultimately declining to penny parity.

Shocked Shocked Grin Grin Kiss Kiss

bittraffic

Activity: 2968
Merit: 613

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2018, 12:40:54 PM

These 2 posts made may day. I laughed with tears. Guys, ever heard of market cap? If not, I will tell you - multiply 100 000 000 with 1000 and you will obtain $100 trillion marked cap. How do you think? Is this realistic? LOL. Bitcoin may reach 10 trillion cap in the end, after eventual ETF and 1 or 2 halvings. XRP never was nor will be with market cap greater than Bitcoin. Of course, the owners are multi billionaires, so they can pump xrp with some announcement that some bank will use it. But who can be sure of this? What if the owners die or cash out and abandon XRP? Then the crash will be big. That is the problem with the altcoins in general. For that reason ask any early Bitcoin adopter how much XRP they own. There are only 2 answers I got - 0% and 1% of their crypto holdings. I am an open minded Bitcoin holder and miner, so I also bought with 1% of my BTC at the price of 0.28.   Grin

We knew it would have to have huge marketcap but price doesn't work that way. It only needs demands in the market and if in a very short time people are going to be willing to buy XRP for a dollar each, then the price of it will be a dollar each. if later people are willing to buy XRP for $1000, it will be its price. Its not just about marketcap. But yes you are right its not going to be realiastic to say xrp price will be $1000 in a year. It will take time just as how bitcoin rise.

desfira

Activity: 392
Merit: 14

CLEVERBOUNTY

View Profile
September 20, 2018, 12:43:28 PM

I really hope that XRP will rise to $ 5.
Looking at the rank in coinmarketcap, XRP is in the top 10, so it will be easy to achieve that

CLEVER BOUNTY
AI_JCR

Activity: 85
Merit: 2

View Profile
September 20, 2018, 01:51:38 PM

https://research.bloomberg.com/pub/res/d37g1Q1hEhBkiRCu_ruMdMsbc0A

Little value in XRP ($0.01), and cryptoassets which are misleadingly marketed, not needed within their own network, and have centralized ownership/validation.

https://www.ccn.com/monero-headed-to-18k-ripple-price-primed-for-97-crash-research/

The analysts predict that XRP, which once traded as high as $3.84 and is now valued at $0.33, will crash another 97 percent over the next five years, ultimately declining to penny parity.

Shocked Shocked Grin Grin Kiss Kiss

Where is he and will he come back? Roll Eyes
Nevsky

Activity: 1064
Merit: 250

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2018, 05:59:05 PM

Out of all altcoins, XRP is most disconnected from BTC I think...I have feeling its destined to take #1 sooner or later
You are right, it is already one of the first in the list of altcoys. Good news makes a miracle with him. It is a pity that my short position was unsuccessful. Has closed at a loss.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
rasulibragimavic

Activity: 154
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 20, 2018, 06:07:15 PM
Last edit: September 20, 2018, 07:19:58 PM by rasulibragimavic
Merited by CryptoToxicAvenger (1)

At the moment, you need to start buying Ripple who will use the cryptocurrency XRP for cross-border payments between financial institutions, is finally ready to launch. Sagar Sarhadi, responsible for negotiations with regulators in the Asia-Pacific region and the middle East, said that the company's commercial launch of xRapid will take place in a month.

VENUSENERGY | CRYPTOCURRENCY  M I N I N G
https://venusenergy.io/
X_X_X

Activity: 117
Merit: 23

View Profile
September 20, 2018, 08:46:51 PM

We knew it would have to have huge marketcap but price doesn't work that way. It only needs demands in the market and if in a very short time people are going to be willing to buy XRP for a dollar each, then the price of it will be a dollar each. if later people are willing to buy XRP for $1000, it will be its price. Its not just about marketcap. But yes you are right its not going to be realiastic to say xrp price will be $1000 in a year. It will take time just as how bitcoin rise.

Let's pretend that you want to buy 100 XRP.

Now imagine that everyone in the world except you have the ability to create trillions of XRP out of thin air by just clicking their fingers, how much do you think it would cost to you to have those 100 XRP? You probably would get them for free. People would be giving away billions of XRP every day.

Now imagine a complete different scenario. There are only 100 XRP in the world, and only one person has all of them. Everyone in the world wants to have those 100 XRP just like you. How much do you think it would cost to you to get those 100 XRP? You probably wouldn't be able to buy them in your whole life.

Scarcity matters. Basic economics.
Branko

View Profile
September 20, 2018, 09:41:13 PM

Let's pretend that you want to buy 100 XRP.

Now imagine that everyone in the world except you have the ability to create trillions of XRP out of thin air by just clicking their fingers, how much do you think it would cost to you to have those 100 XRP? You probably would get them for free. People would be giving away billions of XRP every day.

Now imagine a complete different scenario. There are only 100 XRP in the world, and only one person has all of them. Everyone in the world wants to have those 100 XRP just like you. How much do you think it would cost to you to get those 100 XRP? You probably wouldn't be able to buy them in your whole life.

Scarcity matters. Basic economics.

Indeed...thats why its great that XRP creators thought about it and created it as deflationary coin, so as time goes by
and XRP is used, it will get burned by usage and value will increase, unlike ETH that has no upper limit and will
increase number of coins forever
Darooghe

Activity: 1120
Merit: 255

View Profile
September 20, 2018, 10:45:08 PM
Last edit: September 20, 2018, 11:05:48 PM by Darooghe

Anyone can explain why XRP is growing up?
How can a centralized coin gains the third place in Crypto world and become so important?
Did we have any news about decentralizing that will applied On XRP in future? I can't find another reason for price growing.
Veseloff

Activity: 448
Merit: 106

Revolutionising Marketing and Loyalty

View Profile
September 20, 2018, 10:54:57 PM

Ripple has shown very good movement lately, I wonder if it will continue to grow and renew its maximum again, or is it a trap ?! I expected him to go down like Ethereum to the previous bottom, to about 2 thousand satoshi.

Pages: « 1 ... 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 [453] 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 ... 559 »
  Print  

Jump to: