Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 06:33:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: devthedev trying to scam ???  (Read 2994 times)
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2884
Merit: 2327

View Profile
March 01, 2016, 06:56:38 AM

Did someone forget to renew their domain?  Wink

Think that might be the explanation.
The whois record was last updated on Feb 29, 2016, which would point to the domain expiring and then Unchi quickly grabbing it.
Shield (OP)

Activity: 333
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 01, 2016, 06:56:48 AM

There are a couple explanations...

-devthedev actually sold the domain + scripts to Unchi
-the domain expired and Unchi regged it
-devthedev was hacked
-some sort of deal between devthedev and Unchi that went sour

Maybe it's wise to just wait untill both parties had a chance to give an explanation before jumping to conclusions.
- if devthedev sold the domain and script then why he bumped the topic today to sale it
- if domain expired and unchi regged then what about hosting same script
- there is no hack report for his account
- if there was any deal then they must have some proofs of it
Shield (OP)

View Profile
March 01, 2016, 06:57:23 AM

The whois record was last updated on Feb 29, 2016, which would point to the domain expiring and then Unchi quickly grabbing it.
the question is what about hosted script on this domain name
xetsr
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 01, 2016, 06:58:12 AM

You missed my post.

https://github.com/routman/passphrase.io

Which is linked from the site itself.
mocacinno
Legendary

Activity: 3402
Merit: 4984

https://merel.mobi => buy facemasks with BTC/LTC

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2016, 07:02:35 AM

There are a couple explanations...

-devthedev actually sold the domain + scripts to Unchi
-the domain expired and Unchi regged it
-devthedev was hacked
-some sort of deal between devthedev and Unchi that went sour

Maybe it's wise to just wait untill both parties had a chance to give an explanation before jumping to conclusions.
- if devthedev sold the domain and script then why he bumped the topic today to sale it
- if domain expired and unchi regged then what about hosting same script
- there is no hack report for his account
- if there was any deal then they must have some proofs of it

Well... I was just trying to give some possible explanations, in order to avoid jumping to conclusions to fast... Some explanations were indeed farfetched, but i think they're all still possible:

- if devthedev sold the domain and script then why he bumped the topic today to sale it => maybe because he didn't realise his domain expired?
- if domain expired and unchi regged then what about hosting same script => because the script is opensource and on github
- there is no hack report for his account => maybe he's AFK for a while, and didn't realise his account being compromised yet... Maybe the hacker didn't even change his PW
- if there was any deal then they must have some proofs of it => offcourse.... That's why i suggested to wait untill both parties had a chance to explain Wink

I know i'm playing the devil's advocate here... I'm not saying devthedev is innocent, i'm just saying that he's a respected member, and he does deserve to give his explanation before he's burned Wink

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
mexxer-2

Activity: 924
Merit: 1005

4 Mana 7/7

View Profile
March 01, 2016, 07:03:13 AM

uploaded 5 days ago
http://archive.is/hXS8B seems so, quite a coincidence considering the script was made public just near the time the domain (as said by QS) was renewed.
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
March 01, 2016, 07:03:28 AM

Did someone forget to renew their domain?  Wink

I can only speculate, however it is possible that uchi saw that the domain was about to expire and saved the script and/or uchi used an archive of the website.

edit:
uploaded 5 days ago
http://archive.is/hXS8B seems so, quite a coincidence considering the script was made public just near the time the domain (as said by QS) was renewed.
someone archiving the site a week before the whois changed (this does not necessarily mean it was renewed -- I think) would be an indication that they were planning on taking the domain after it expired
mexxer-2

4 Mana 7/7

View Profile
March 01, 2016, 07:04:27 AM

I can only speculate, however it is possible that uchi saw that the domain was about to expire and saved the script and/or uchi used an archive of the website.
Ok so here's the story.

I originally created passphrase.io.

I sold the domain and license to use my script to devthedev.  

A few weeks before the domain expired, I warned dev on two separate occasions that he needed to renew. Once via email and once via PM. I even offered to buy it back from him, but he ignored.

He allowed the domain to expire, and I bought it back.

Also, I think devthdev mentioned somewhere that he did buy the domain+hosting from someone else
doctorsnaggles

Activity: 258

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2016, 07:07:49 AM

A few weeks before the domain expired, I warned dev on two separate occasions that he needed to renew. Once via email and once via PM. I even offered to buy it back from him, but he ignored.

So, another superhero turned out to be a scammer? Nice

Fuck the signature - if you are so desperate for money why dont you go and get a fucking job first - once you did that, perhaps you will think twice what kind of shit you want to be affiliated with.
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
March 01, 2016, 07:08:24 AM

Ok so here's the story.

Also, I think devthdev mentioned somewhere that he did buy the domain+hosting from someone else
Well there you go. Devthedev probably didn't even realize that the domain was (about to) expire. 
Shield (OP)

View Profile
March 01, 2016, 07:08:39 AM

Ok so here's the story.

then why not you told this before that possibly its a mistake when I asked you via PM for proofs and when you written on his topic
mexxer-2

4 Mana 7/7

View Profile
March 01, 2016, 07:10:19 AM

Yep found it: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1104351.0

Also unchi seems to have re-announced it 8 days ago: https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/46vm5c/passphraseio_is_back_zero_knowledge_privacy/
Shield (OP)

View Profile
March 01, 2016, 07:10:31 AM

Ok so here's the story.

Well there you go. Devthedev probably didn't even realize that the domain was (about to) expire. 
he missed Unchi PM and email, as well as email from registrar
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
March 01, 2016, 07:13:26 AM

Ok so here's the story.

I am not saying that uchi is in the wrong here, as he (has claimed to) warn Devthedev about the pending expiration. I would not say that devthedev is a scammer because he missed the deadline to renew a domain to a website that he was trying to sell.
Shield (OP)

View Profile
March 01, 2016, 07:16:37 AM

Ok so here's the story.

I am not saying that uchi is in the wrong here, as he (has claimed to) warn Devthedev about the pending expiration. I would not say that devthedev is a scammer because he missed the deadline to renew a domain to a website that he was trying to sell.
I agree
looks like it was a mistake by devthedev to bumping his old topic without knowing domain no longer belongs to him but not a scam attempt
doctorsnaggles

Activity: 258

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2016, 07:18:03 AM

Is it really that hard to find the owner? Why all this comedy stalling.... the one who has access to the domain right now is the owner and the "benefit of doubt" for the other comes when he can prove anything...

Why you are doing all this? (not directed at this quote) ... its 2016 and you act like in 1982 with a C64......is it too complicated to check?

"TOTAL MESS" should be the title on top of the browser when entering bitcointalk ... or "Lordofthefliestalk.org" (for those of you who actually can read)

Fuck the signature - if you are so desperate for money why dont you go and get a fucking job first - once you did that, perhaps you will think twice what kind of shit you want to be affiliated with.
mexxer-2

4 Mana 7/7

View Profile
March 01, 2016, 07:58:31 AM

I belive that unchi  is the real owner he posted about this domain 7 months ago on reddit

https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/3cg4c2/passphraseio_zero_knowledge_notepad_inspired_by/
Pretty much established already
A73841

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 01, 2016, 08:09:25 AM

And he was fair enough to warn devthedev about the experation date, for me unchi is not a scammer in this case
fizzling

Activity: 63
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 01, 2016, 10:45:40 AM

He is good guy. He wont scam
Blazed
Casascius Addict
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1119

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2016, 12:17:25 PM

I assumed as much and knew dev was solid. I removed the temporary feedback.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: