Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 01:08:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ETH ... I see a problem  (Read 1506 times)
paytplay (OP)

Activity: 147
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 02, 2016, 06:34:37 PM

I just wanted to say, in case someone else said it already, there is a problem.

While bitcoin stays steady or on a small uptrend, nothing bitcoinish adds up to the eth rise in value.

For example, when litecoin got pumped, altcoins went in the red, almost all of them. People were selling altcoins for bitcoin to buy litecoin.
Easy right Huh

Well here it is , where are the bitcoins coming from to buy eth. I do not see any particular coins suffering from a day traders moves.

It leads to believe that this eth coin thing is the biggest and baddest and worst of all insider bitcoin whale holding disaster of all time.

If you thought you had seen worse before, you might have been wrong.

Enlighten me if you can

useless eater

Activity: 94
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 02, 2016, 06:41:36 PM

Fiat is is moving through BTC to ETH, and it's a good thing, because any coin over 6 billion market cap gets regulator attn, so let there be a thousand billion dollar market cap coins, instead of a single trillion dollar market cap coin.

Keep crypto on the down low (many low market caps) until alt coin development infiltrates all of society.
Yamifoud

Activity: 2786
Merit: 518

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
March 02, 2016, 06:47:14 PM

Fiat is is moving through BTC to ETH, and it's a good thing, because any coin over 6 billion market cap gets regulator attn, so let there be a thousand billion dollar market cap coins, instead of a single trillion dollar market cap coin.

Keep crypto on the down low (many low market caps) until alt coin development infiltrates all of society.

The Ethereum will be a billion dollar coin in the next few weeks if the current price trend continues. It is very interesting to see.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
paytplay (OP)

View Profile
March 02, 2016, 06:58:25 PM

no its not
paytplay (OP)

View Profile
March 02, 2016, 06:59:01 PM

The Ethereum will be a billion dollar coin in the next few weeks if the current price trend continues. It is very interesting to see.

you can hype elsewhere
paytplay (OP)

View Profile
March 02, 2016, 07:00:35 PM

What the fuck are you talking about?  Angry

what are you talking about
stoat

Activity: 686
Merit: 270

FREEDOM RESERVE

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2016, 07:36:11 PM

What the fuck are you talking about?  Angry

Your vague ass shitty FUD topic

FREEDOMRESERVEFree currency for the British Isles
Visit our website for more info

<-- Click here!
FREEDOMRESERVE By the People and for the People
tyz
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 1533

View Profile
March 02, 2016, 07:41:13 PM

Bitcoin price does not move much or even declines a little because many are going to exchange their Bitcoin for Eth at the moment to ride the wave. When Eth drops we will certainly see a Bitcoin rise. That is the ABC of economics.
hv_
Legendary

Activity: 2520
Merit: 1055

Clean Code and Scale

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2016, 07:58:20 PM

I speculated already somewhere else that Chinese BTC owners / mining pools are buying ETH for domination of the planned PoS mining.

Carpe diem  -  understand the White Paper and mine honest.
Fix real world issues: Check out b-vote.com
The simple way is the genius way - Satoshi's Rules: humana veris _
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
March 02, 2016, 08:12:30 PM

What the fuck are you talking about?  Angry

Your vague ass shitty FUD topic

Your eth enthusiasm get's the better of you all the time.

Perhaps give him time to explain before jumping down his throat.  

Between spamming eth on every thread and throwing down hate on anyone not 100% favourable you're starting to  be well known as an eth pumper.

Eth is doing fine I don't think a few people on here asking a few questions are going to crush it anytime soon now.

iliasyaco

Activity: 457
Merit: 274

View Profile
March 02, 2016, 08:16:34 PM

who the fuck cares, we make profit Smiley
StinkyLover

Activity: 454
Merit: 250

This industry is pure fiction

View Profile
March 02, 2016, 08:27:46 PM

Why do you feel there is a problem? What if ETH is not like bitcoin?

In another thread someone posted that something was wrong with ETH because it did not follow BTC like LTC did. That logic confused me because I think that all cryptos should be acting independently of each other. I've followed the market for years and observed the peaks and valleys of all cryptos in the market as it (the market) fluctuates. They don't all peak or decline in unison (although some folks make broad statements about that sort of behaviour).

What is your expectation of ETH, and it's price, and it's volume?
Sark

Activity: 140

View Profile
March 02, 2016, 08:33:56 PM

something was wrong with ETH because it did not follow BTC like LTC did.

I saw that as well, and LOLed hard.

ETH has become something of a contrarian BTC indicator. That should tell you something right there.

Eventually ETH can stand on its own with decentralized applications, but they do not justify this current run up in price. People are now using ETH as a hedge against a BTC decline. The honey badger has a little brother.
StinkyLover

Activity: 454
Merit: 250

This industry is pure fiction

View Profile
March 02, 2016, 08:44:07 PM

something was wrong with ETH because it did not follow BTC like LTC did.

I saw that as well, and LOLed hard.

ETH has become something of a contrarian BTC indicator. That should tell you something right there.

Eventually ETH can stand on its own with decentralized applications, but they do not justify this current run up in price. People are now using ETH as a hedge against a BTC decline. The honey badger has a little brother.

But I don't see what all the fuss is about. Things are finally happening in crypto and people are not happy Huh

Is the total crypto market expected to stay under $8bn forever and this will keep people happy? Or is BTC on it's own meant to take this market to $1tn and everything else SHOULD JUST GO AWAY AND DIE!!! (bearing in mind that BTC is just as imperfect as every other crypto as well - 1MB anyone???).

Why aren't some people enjoying watching things move after almost 2 years in the doldrums Huh

Sark

View Profile
March 02, 2016, 09:57:39 PM

Why aren't some people enjoying watching things move after almost 2 years in the doldrums Huh

Because they are on the wrong side of whatever coin they speculated on.

And I think some just like arguing.
bathrobehero
Legendary

Activity: 2002
Merit: 1051

ICO? Not even once.

View Profile
March 03, 2016, 02:28:01 AM

While bitcoin stays steady or on a small uptrend, nothing bitcoinish adds up to the eth rise in value.

For example, when litecoin got pumped, altcoins went in the red, almost all of them. People were selling altcoins for bitcoin to buy litecoin.
Easy right Huh

Well here it is , where are the bitcoins coming from to buy eth. I do not see any particular coins suffering from a day traders moves.

It leads to believe that this eth coin thing is the biggest and baddest and worst of all insider bitcoin whale holding disaster of all time.

Enlighten me if you can

There's no cap on the amount of money that's being pushed around between various currencies in crypto. Eth brought quite a lot of new money into crypto.

Not your keys, not your coins!
keepdoing

Merit: 101

View Profile
March 03, 2016, 04:27:15 AM
Last edit: March 03, 2016, 05:19:28 AM by keepdoing

Easy right Huh

Enlighten me if you can

OK, I will try and give this  a shot....

#1) You are stupid.  Might be genetic.  Could be a dietary deficiency.  Not sure.  But the fact that you are too stupid to think at a level deserving of consideration is rather obvious.

2) To give you a simple, extremely simple explanation..... it is Fiat Currency pouring into the market.  Right now if you added up ALL the cryptocurrency value, it would equal maybe 1/1,000 of 1 Percent of the entire Global Fiat Currency Supply.   And that entire Global Currency Supply is teetering on the brink of disaster.  And people, companies, traders, even governments are looking around and seeing steady increases in Crypto.  And they are seeing real world use cases.  And they are seeing $Billion$ of dollars of R&D, Investment Monies being thrown at the space.  And they are seeing the Obvious Trend in the world that technology and digital cash is the future.  And they are starting to educate themselves,a nd get wallets and dabble in that toe and buy a few coins, and they are telling their friends,a nd more people are reading stories about it and it is growing, and growing and growing.  Because the world is starting to take this seriously.

This is not about a handful of whales and an army of daytraders shuffling cryptocoins around, continually reapportioning a limited supply.   This is about a Huge Wave of Global Fiat Cash beginig to crash upon the CryptoShores our our world.   And what you see now in Ethereum is like a tiny little lapping wave that gets you toes wet, but behind it is the tsunami that comes.

DO YOU UNDERSTAND?
Sark

View Profile
March 03, 2016, 04:32:01 AM

DO YOU UNDERSTAND?

But what about stuff like this? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CRlOophUDlg

Won't the price of ETH go down if they try to use it as the back end of the power grid?
benthach
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2016, 05:06:49 AM
Last edit: March 03, 2016, 05:56:50 AM by benthach

i still stand ETH is just a get rich quick and the most liquidity coin around so the whales going mental on it.
most dumb people still think there is just too much things in this scam but in reality it offer nothing with no adoption, the shit is unadoptable.

reddit btcwriter1 - twitter kingpininvestor
keepdoing

Merit: 101

View Profile
March 03, 2016, 05:12:01 AM

DO YOU UNDERSTAND?

But what about stuff like this? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CRlOophUDlg

Won't the price of ETH go down if they try to use it as the back end of the power grid?
Well, first I commend you for a sly bit of verbal trickery to get people (and me!) to get exposure to the Transactive Grid work being done to connect microgrids (and larger?) together, and thereby help further the alternative energy movement.  Its good work.

But it has absolutely no impact on the price of Ethereum as I see it.

Also - just to clarify, my original coments on a wave of Fiat Cash getting ready to crash like a tsunami into the Crypto space was NOT aimed exclusively at Ethereum.  It's the whole space, but biggest winners being Ethereum and XRP/Ripple in near future.  Bitcoins future is still uncertain in my mind.  As with every opportunity I get, I will make my cursory dig at the untrustworthy, scumbag, retarded monkey idiots running that show.

And I guess I should clarify that the price of XRP, Ethereum, Bitcoin, and maybe a handful of other eventual surviving coins WILL INDEED Drop, or go into continual micro changes as it stabilizes, and having actually "Become THE NEW GLOBAL Currency(s)".  But that won't happen until Bitcoin is $10,000 - $100,000 / Coin, or Ethereum is $1000 - $10,000, or XRP say $100 - $1000.   For the foreseeable future things will simply steadily go up as this global transition plays out.  And yes, there will be trading ups and downs along the way - but the general path will be up.   But it won't be decades.  It will happen over the next 2 - 4 years.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: