3 - 2 (3%)
4 - 8 (11.9%)
5 - 1 (1.5%)
6 - 3 (4.5%)
7 - 9 (13.4%)
Total Voters: 67

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: POLL - Which Crypto will be the first zero fee microtransaction coin with GUI?  (Read 2194 times)
banano (OP)

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 03, 2016, 09:19:34 AM
Last edit: December 05, 2016, 08:09:55 PM by banano

https://66.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mc03xtbwBh1rnmgi3o1_400.gif
bathrobehero
Legendary

Activity: 2002
Merit: 1051

ICO? Not even once.

View Profile
March 03, 2016, 09:07:40 PM

Free transfer means a shitload of spam. No ty.

Not your keys, not your coins!
Pheonike

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 05, 2016, 11:32:17 PM

In the Bitshares system the zero fee transfers will be limited by how much BTS you have in the system. For example, if the network can process 100 tps and you own say 2% of all BTS, then you will be able to transfer as a rate 2 tps. If you go over that then fees will apply. The fee price will then scale dynamically the higher you go over your 2 tps threshold. Think of it like a time-share. The more shares you have, the more bandwidth you can use. So unless you are running some majors trading bots, this solution will work well for all users.

The reason this can work ob Bitshares is because is also a Decentralize Exchange which make earns fees from traders.
iotatoken

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 05, 2016, 11:38:45 PM

Banano: you are not aware that IOTA is functioning and operational? The only thing that has been delayed is Guided User Interface (GUI), which has nothing to do with the technology itself. So yea, IOTA has been PROVEN to not be vaporware.

AltcoinScamfinder

Activity: 840

View Profile
March 05, 2016, 11:51:52 PM

Banano: you are not aware that IOTA is functioning and operational? The only thing that has been delayed is Guided User Interface (GUI), which has nothing to do with the technology itself. So yea, IOTA has been PROVEN to not be vaporware.

IOTA has already won this. Several transactions has already been sent for free.

FOR RENT.
AltcoinScamfinder

View Profile
March 05, 2016, 11:52:34 PM

Your fridge won't care about spam transactions, cause it will ignore them.

FOR RENT.
nihilnegativum

Activity: 432
Merit: 251

––Δ͘҉̀░░

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2016, 11:59:42 PM

Mine already does that.
AltcoinScamfinder

View Profile
March 06, 2016, 12:21:19 AM

Mine already does that.

Heh, mine too. Smiley But my current appliances can't order parts when they break down, or supplies when im out.

FOR RENT.
TPTB_need_war

Activity: 420
Merit: 262

View Profile
March 08, 2016, 01:44:51 PM
Last edit: March 08, 2016, 02:49:07 PM by TPTB_need_war

1. IOTA say that the free transaction DAG is not only possible, but launching "soon". Could IOTA really be "non-vaporware"?

Iota doesn't have free transactions. The payer has to include proof-of-work. Proof-of-work costs some electricity and/or CPU resources. Also the centralized servers oftenmay need to resubmit the payer's transaction with new PoW, as admitted by Come-from-Beyond in our discussions in the Decentralization thread. They will not do this PoW for free forever. Iota can I guess afford to subsidize these servers for the meantime to give the illusion you desire.

But sorry the correct answer is there will be never be transactions without a fee. The fee will always be charged indirectly if not directly, e.g. Facebook is free to use, but you get bombarded by ads to pay for it.

Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009

View Profile
March 08, 2016, 02:46:14 PM

as admitted by Come-from-Beyond in our discussions in the Decentralization thread

Do you have the link handy?
TPTB_need_war

View Profile
March 08, 2016, 02:47:31 PM

as admitted by Come-from-Beyond in our discussions in the Decentralization thread

Do you have the link handy?

I don't feel like searching the Decentralization thread, but you will find it there. We were discussing attacks and you explained the PoW could be redone and the transaction resubmitted on another branch to mitigate a specific attack I explained.

P.S. note the slight correction to my prior post.

Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009

View Profile
March 08, 2016, 02:50:20 PM

I don't feel like searching the Decentralization thread, but you will find it there. We were discussing attacks and you explained the PoW could be redone and the transaction resubmitting on another branch.

IIRC "centralized" servers meant "merchants", your post make it look like there is a NSA-controlled server that does that job. This time I'll wear your mask and straight-out claim that you spread FUD.

P.S. The slight correction still hasn't removed the feeling that you manipulate with quotes out of the context.
iotatoken

Activity: 714

View Profile
March 08, 2016, 02:55:58 PM

The PoW is negligible, I assume that OP is talking about For All Practical Purposes free transfer, not some breaking the conservation of energy and flattening the curvature of the space-time continuum in a holographic principle type of manner 'free'. And as CfB has pointed out: the rest of your post is nonsense. Why the constant dishonest hyperbolic statements about IOTA from you?

TPTB_need_war

View Profile
March 08, 2016, 02:58:40 PM

I don't feel like searching the Decentralization thread, but you will find it there. We were discussing attacks and you explained the PoW could be redone and the transaction resubmitting on another branch.

IIRC "centralized" servers meant "merchants", your post make it look like there is a NSA-controlled server that does that job. This time I'll wear your mask and straight-out claim that you spread FUD.

P.S. The slight correction still hasn't removed the feeling that you manipulate with quotes out of the context.

Is Iota not using servers on launch? I thought so.

Granted I unintentionally conflated that use of servers with the fact that merchants (payees) are the ones who have an incentive to redo the PoW and resubmit the transaction. Apology and thank you for catching my error. It was unintentional and I frankly don't keep every detail about Iota fresh in my mind, just the overview of my conclusions from our past discussion.

None of these changes my point which is that transactions aren't free because proof-of-work isn't free.

P.S. I am not trying to manipulate. It is just difficult to comment on so many things and not make a conflation once in a while. I still maintain that Iota will need centralization to enforce a mathematical model on a significant majority of the transactions.

TPTB_need_war

View Profile
March 08, 2016, 03:01:53 PM

The PoW is negligible, I assume that OP is talking about For All Practical Purposes free transfer, not some breaking the conservation of energy and flattening the curvature of the space-time continuum in a holographic principle type of manner 'free'. And as CfB has pointed out: the rest of your post is nonsense. Why the constant dishonest hyperbolic statements about IOTA from you?

Actually if you review my prior reply to CfB, then if I am correct that Iota must centralize in order to maintain convergence of consensus (which I am), then the centralized agents will be the ones resubmitting transactions (and redoing the PoW) to put the transactions on a branch that respects the enforced mathematical algorithm.

Thus these centralized agents will need to reimbursed and thus they will end up charging fees.

I am sorry but you and CfB are both wrong.

And proof-of-work is not any more negligible than the actual cost of processing transactions in Bitcoin (for the same hashrate security level). It is rather the centralization that drives up fees due to the power it enables to grab greater profits.

Please don't hype bullshit features.

Nxtblg
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2016, 04:59:10 PM

That's why I voted for it!

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

TPTB_need_war

View Profile
March 08, 2016, 06:31:29 PM

And they said Bitcoin was decentralized when it was launched, but now it is run by a mining cartel.

Testnet demonstrations don't count (they are running it with centralized servers to protect it from the wild). Give a year or so to become centralized in the wild and dominated by a "power vacuum".

BlackWidow

Activity: 658
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 14, 2016, 03:34:13 AM

1. IOTA say that the free transaction DAG is not only possible, but launching "soon". Could IOTA really be "non-vaporware"?

Iota doesn't have free transactions. The payer has to include proof-of-work. Proof-of-work costs some electricity and/or CPU resources. Also the centralized servers oftenmay need to resubmit the payer's transaction with new PoW, as admitted by Come-from-Beyond in our discussions in the Decentralization thread. They will not do this PoW for free forever. Iota can I guess afford to subsidize these servers for the meantime to give the illusion you desire.

But sorry the correct answer is there will be never be transactions without a fee. The fee will always be charged indirectly if not directly, e.g. Facebook is free to use, but you get bombarded by ads to pay for it.

IT SUCKS THAT YOU CAN NOT CHANGE THE FACT THAT YOU TRIED TO JOIN THE IOTA TEAM AND WERE TURNED DOWN.

NO BIAS HERE Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
BlackWidow

Activity: 658
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 14, 2016, 03:46:36 AM

so when we say free we mean no money
you don't have to pay money for IOTA
you don't have to pay money for FACEBOOK

thanks and I will not be fearful to correct you or point out bias and that being said I still learn a lot from you and read your arrogant post because they are FREE. but now that I think of it in your context im starting to get the point you make of having to pay one way or another ha ha
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
May 14, 2016, 03:56:40 AM

so when we say free we mean no money
you don't have to pay money for IOTA
you don't have to pay money for FACEBOOK

thanks and I will not be fearful to correct you or point out bias and that being said I still learn a lot from you and read your arrogant post because they are FREE. but now that I think of it in your context im starting to get the point you make of having to pay one way or another ha ha

"you don't have to pay money for IOTA" - you only have to pay 10,000 sats for our 130sats tokens. Then after that you can send these scam tokens to each other for free. What more do you want?  sorry if that is out of context.

Who is we with your sock puppet account exactly? you and the other sock puppet accounts used to accumulate all the 130 sats tokens to sell to everyone else for 5000 or 10000 sats??

Sorry but zero fee is cool, i'm sure other non scammy projects will be along soon to provide zero fee transactions without all the scammyness of iota and its wild bunch of sock puppet spammers and pumpers. I would prefer to await now the cleaner projects.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: