Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 07:44:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they believe that the creator of this topic displays some red flags which make them high-risk. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ... 65 »
  Print  
Author Topic: LISK price speculation  (Read 113756 times)
Grctest

Activity: 47
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 20, 2016, 11:39:26 AM

Pretty crazy that the ICO got 10k+ BTC.. especially considering the lack of development.. are ICOs even legal?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Its About Sharing
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1000

Antifragile

View Profile
March 20, 2016, 01:29:09 PM
Last edit: March 20, 2016, 02:13:06 PM by Its About Sharing

It will be interesting to see if the Javascript based coding to be done on LISK floods the market with LISK apps.
Ethereum seems very strong, but using Javascript might be a game changer as there are soooo many coders who can jump right in.

BTC = Black Swan.
BTC = Antifragile - "Some things benefit from shocks; they thrive and grow when exposed to volatility, randomness, disorder, and stressors and love adventure, risk, and uncertainty. Robust is not the opposite of fragile.
kingcrimson
Legendary

Activity: 1025

View Profile
March 20, 2016, 01:56:28 PM

I really want to invest in the ICO but I hesitate because of logic.

What makes Lisk any different from Crypti?  Meaning, why should Lisk fare any better than Crypti, which by all indicators was a flop...

To those who say this will dump hard, can you give some examples of altcoins that never recovered to their ICO price?  How common is that?  I'm trying to get an idea of the probability, to determine whether investing is a bad choice or not.  Did investors make money on the Crypti ICO?  

Personally, I also feel the hype is a bit much.  Some of the news, such as the potential for getting on Microsoft Azure, should have been left for after the ICO.  Now I wonder what the roadmap is, and if there's enough hype to keep the price moving.  I mean, what other big news is there?  Ethereum was hyped immensely.  Whether or not it has a technical reason, there was a huge marketing campaign.  But it was a very smart one.  I'm afraid the Lisk team is not smart enough to keep the hype going enough to benefit investors.  

The whole Crypti fork gives me the impression of a ponzi scheme.  Even the Crypti website is pretty much identical to the Lisk website, design and all.  I mean, if they're going to fork it, at least change the website look, at a bare minimum.  

You are clearly in this for pump and dump, that is the wrong mentality...most involved in Lisk have a longer outlook. If Eth had a billion marketcap, and Lisk is a superior, more accessible technology, no reason it can't take a decent marketcap. It doesn't have to be 100 % ETH, but can be a BTC/LTC scenario and still end up a massive success.
bangomatic
Legendary

Activity: 1246

ARK Team likes to ban and delete posts in reddit.

View Profile
March 20, 2016, 01:58:28 PM

If all the people who want lisk bought it already at the ICO who will buy it once it hits exchanges directly after the ICO finishes?

Don't you guys see the flaw in your master plan?

my plan is to double my holdings when it hits the exchange.
rtrtcrypto

Activity: 627
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 20, 2016, 02:04:47 PM

It is CRAZY that people keep saying that LISK is superior to Ethereum, I mean, that has to be either done on purpose as a means to PnD or people are just really blind. The projects are not even in the same universe right now, forget about comparison. One has 1000s of people working on it 24/7 the other is a fork of a tiny project which failed time after time and whose developers are not even working ON LISK. Right now, the project is a fork with updated reward scheme and not much else! It might become great if the two current owners of the project (not even lead DEVS, mind you) spend the money (millions) wisely.

That might even happen! Which would be great. But, ahead of Ethereum? Right now? That's just pure non-sense. I was ICO investor in Crypti and followed these projects closely, I'm afraid people are not quite sure what they are putting their money into by the things I hear here. I hope LISK does amazing things, but this level of delusion is going to cause major market panic very soon.

What makes Lisk any different from Crypti?  Meaning, why should Lisk fare any better than Crypti, which by all indicators was a flop...

To those who say this will dump hard, can you give some examples of altcoins that never recovered to their ICO price?  How common is that?  I'm trying to get an idea of the probability, to determine whether investing is a bad choice or not.  Did investors make money on the Crypti ICO?  

Personally, I also feel the hype is a bit much.  Some of the news, such as the potential for getting on Microsoft Azure, should have been left for after the ICO.  Now I wonder what the roadmap is, and if there's enough hype to keep the price moving.  I mean, what other big news is there?  Ethereum was hyped immensely.  Whether or not it has a technical reason, there was a huge marketing campaign.  But it was a very smart one.  I'm afraid the Lisk team is not smart enough to keep the hype going enough to benefit investors.  

The whole Crypti fork gives me the impression of a ponzi scheme.  Even the Crypti website is pretty much identical to the Lisk website, design and all.  I mean, if they're going to fork it, at least change the website look, at a bare minimum.  

You are clearly in this for pump and dump, that is the wrong mentality...most involved in Lisk have a longer outlook. If Eth had a billion marketcap, and Lisk is a superior, more accessible technology, no reason it can't take a decent marketcap. It doesn't have to be 100 % ETH, but can be a BTC/LTC scenario and still end up a massive success.
rtrtcrypto

View Profile
March 20, 2016, 02:06:50 PM

10000% correct.
Bravo, some common sense and knowledge instead of mere hype. The hypefest is going to tank this launch and THAT upsets me. This project has a few things going for it, its problems can be worked out and a great team can be built for 4 million+, delusion that this is ready to go needs to stop.

You are clearly in this for pump and dump, that is the wrong mentality, most involved in Lisk have a longer outlook. If Eth had a billion marketcap, and Lisk is a superior, more accessible technology, no reason it can't take a decent marketcap. It doesn't have to be 100 % ETH, but can be a BTC/LTC scenario.

Well being a developer myself, I understand that Lisk is very similar to Crypti.  I also understand that Lisk is inferior to Ethereum.  Do you understand code?  What is your longer outlook based on?  The lead of Lisk is still going to school and only working on Lisk in the evenings?  Does that inspire confidence long-term?  

The main technical problem I see with Lisk is that the code of the dApps are not stored on the blockchain, only the data.  Ethereum stores the code of the dApps on the blockchain.  Can a dApp truly be decentralized if the code is centralized?  Even Lisk does not dispute this - I think they are taking advantage of the fact that few investors really care about the tech.  Again, Lisk being essentially a clone of Crypti.  

I'm just wondering if the marketing is enough for this pump, or if people will start to see the holes or question the tech before early investors have a chance to cash out.  
Forrest01

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 20, 2016, 02:22:06 PM

It will be interesting to see if the Java based coding to be done on LISK floods the market with LISK apps.
Ethereum seems very strong, but using Java might be a game changer as there are soooo many coders who can jump right in.

Please note that Lisk does not use Java as the programming language for Dapp development, it uses JavaScript instead which has a large (around 100,000) community of developers Smiley
rtrtcrypto

View Profile
March 20, 2016, 02:23:19 PM

I should say that I DID make money on XCR though.  Grin
I have no idea what that means for LISK, 4 million bucks is ALOT of money to fix problems and hire a team. I think all is possible, just, this "we are ethereum now and 1 billion plus here we come" stuff needs to stop.

It is CRAZY that people keep saying that LISK is superior to Ethereum, I mean, that has to be either done on purpose as a means to PnD or people are just really blind. The projects are not even in the same universe right now, forget about comparison. One has 1000s of people working on it 24/7 the other is a fork of a tiny project which failed time after time and whose developers are not even working ON LISK. Right now, the project is a fork with updated reward scheme and not much else! It might become great if the two current owners of the project (not even lead DEVS, mind you) spend the money (millions) wisely.

That might even happen! Which would be great. But, ahead of Ethereum? Right now? That's just pure non-sense. I was ICO investor in Crypti and followed these projects closely, I'm afraid people are not quite sure what they are putting their money into by the things I hear here. I hope LISK does amazing things, but this level of delusion is going to cause major market panic very soon.

Hey, thanks for your insights from having invested in Crypti - that pretty much seals my decision to not participate.  Sounds like not many people recovered on the Crypti ICO.
rtrtcrypto

View Profile
March 20, 2016, 02:30:25 PM

I think the two things are totally different - different environment. 10,000 BTC vs a small batch last time. Totally different possible outcomes. I personally think the price will crash below ICO on this one, but, that is just because of the absurd statements I see thrown around here. I think this will lead to people expecting things to move too fast - this will lead to dissatisfaction.

XCR price went all over the place after ICO, it went to 1.6 million and then crashed to 120,000 (or some other very low number). Considering the risk profile of the entire thing, I might enter with a bit of a position in LISK just to not miss the boat in case of a miracle and would prepare some BTC for a purchase at crashed prices. But, I have no idea what will happen and am already in my position with LISK (having converted from XCR). I think MAX and Olivier will try hard, I don't think this is a scam at all. Just, this is a hard project to pull off. Ethereum has a burn rate of 250,000 a month and 1000s of people working around the clock. The challenges of reaching a project like that, with that sort of team and vision - people don't understand (it seems) just how hard that will be.

I also think the tech behind LISK is very much up in the air... a team will have to work around the clock to get something that will warrant real competition with Ethereum. Just my 2 cents.

I should say that I DID make money on XCR though.  Grin
I have no idea what that means for LISK, 4 million bucks is ALOT of money to fix problems and hire a team. I think all is possible, just, this "we are ethereum now and 1 billion plus here we come" stuff needs to stop.

Hey, thanks for your insights from having invested in Crypti - that pretty much seals my decision to not participate.  Sounds like not many people recovered on the Crypti ICO.

Oh?  You did?  Do you mind if I ask how much you made?  If I invested in the Lisk ICO now, do you think that's similar to when you invested in XCR?  Or did you buy after they hit exchanges?  Thanks again for your insight, really appreciate it.
Hollowman338
Legendary

View Profile
March 20, 2016, 02:55:24 PM

ICO investors are looking at a 70% loss at this point
Hollowman338
Legendary

View Profile
March 20, 2016, 02:57:07 PM

Buying 2btc worth of LISK @ 2000 satoshis

PM for details, escrow required
bobmarley650
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 20, 2016, 03:03:27 PM

noone is going to lose money, lisk amounts are changing.

bobbtc@protonmail.com / Working day and night
kingcrimson
Legendary

View Profile
March 20, 2016, 03:37:43 PM

You are comparing ETH at one billion market cap and year of dev to a NEW currency. Compare ICO to ICO and its more interesting. If lisk is easier to program for it puts it at a big advantage. Simple is better. Even if it's not an ETH killer then surely XCP ETH LISK can exist alongside like android Linux Apple
razen489

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 20, 2016, 03:42:24 PM

comparing apple to orangeutans
Hollowman338
Legendary

View Profile
March 20, 2016, 03:45:01 PM

Regarding my 2btc @ 2000 satoshis offer, it would require dev team to transfer LISK to an account only I control
rtrtcrypto

View Profile
March 20, 2016, 04:21:15 PM

Ethereum ICO price was .29 cents, to 15 dollar high is not 71,000%. Still, I am glad to take that ROI Smiley

Regarding my 2btc @ 2000 satoshis offer, it would require dev team to transfer LISK to an account only I control

Can you clarify how that would happen?  Meaning, is there someone on the dev team dedicated to this?  That would also mean they would have to agree to it.  Is this common, people trading ICO coins before they hit the exchanges, sort of like their own defacto exchange before the exchange?

Just wondering how realistic this is, or if you're just posting FUD by making it appear that someone would actually send you 1 Lisk for 1000 satoshi when the going rate is 1 List for 14,7000 satoshi.  Are you praying on people's fears of an imminent crash?  Even then, who can realistically take you up on the offer?

You said people will lose 70% ... well right now the price is about 14,7000 satoshi.  So if they lose 70%, that would put the price at 4000 satoshi.  What ICO investor would accept only 1/4 of that for Lisk?  If you yourself said 70% how do you explain the logic of someone paying you a fraction of your own calculations?

P.S. Just so everyone is aware, I messaged Hollowman338, but he did not respond to my private message.  That is why I am insinuating that he is spreading FUD.  I doubt he really expects anyone to fall for this, just spreading fear that the price will go that low.  Or taking advantage of paranoid folks.  Hollowman, why don't you respond to my message?  Prove that you are not FUD'ing ... also, I read your other posts.  You're own one of those who doubted Ethereum, which had a 71,000% ROI.  

kingcrimson
Legendary

View Profile
March 20, 2016, 04:36:56 PM

Nah bro, ICO looking at 300 % gain. Hottest new crypto on the market.
BTCRoyal

Activity: 92
Merit: 10

Early Bitcoin Supporter

View Profile
March 20, 2016, 04:43:34 PM

Ethereum ICO price was .29 cents, to 15 dollar high is not 71,000%. Still, I am glad to take that ROI Smiley

Can you clarify how that would happen?  Meaning, is there someone on the dev team dedicated to this?  That would also mean they would have to agree to it.  Is this common, people trading ICO coins before they hit the exchanges, sort of like their own defacto exchange before the exchange?

Just wondering how realistic this is, or if you're just posting FUD by making it appear that someone would actually send you 1 Lisk for 1000 satoshi when the going rate is 1 List for 14,7000 satoshi.  Are you praying on people's fears of an imminent crash?  Even then, who can realistically take you up on the offer?

You said people will lose 70% ... well right now the price is about 14,7000 satoshi.  So if they lose 70%, that would put the price at 4000 satoshi.  What ICO investor would accept only 1/4 of that for Lisk?  If you yourself said 70% how do you explain the logic of someone paying you a fraction of your own calculations?

P.S. Just so everyone is aware, I messaged Hollowman338, but he did not respond to my private message.  That is why I am insinuating that he is spreading FUD.  I doubt he really expects anyone to fall for this, just spreading fear that the price will go that low.  Or taking advantage of paranoid folks.  Hollowman, why don't you respond to my message?  Prove that you are not FUD'ing ... also, I read your other posts.  You're own one of those who doubted Ethereum, which had a 71,000% ROI.  

Ethereum first dumped hard at 97% then settled down for months before reaching this point where its being pumped.
*I wish the image could reflect on the page*
deadpoolx

Activity: 560

View Profile
March 20, 2016, 04:56:59 PM
Last edit: March 20, 2016, 09:21:06 PM by deadpoolx

At this point, the crowdfunding exceeded any expectation.

Just remember... If you sell under 100k satoshi, very likely next day or another, when you wake up, someone will be selling at least for 150 k.

Of course, that can happen in the beginning or after the whales make some dumping waves, trying to take coins from the weak hands...
Digital_Currency_LTD

Activity: 798

View Profile
March 20, 2016, 05:07:02 PM

Buying 1 btc worth of LISK @ 3500 satoshis

PM for details, escrow required
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ... 65 »
  Print  

Jump to: