Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 05:55:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they believe that the creator of this topic displays some red flags which make them high-risk. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 ... 65 »
  Print  
Author Topic: LISK price speculation  (Read 113756 times)
mangox

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 24, 2016, 04:09:45 PM

Can someone please explain how launch price on an exchanges can begin at a price that's higher or lower than the ICO?

Let's say the ICO ended at 19k satoshi.  Shouldn't that be the launch price?  If not, then what factors determine the launch price change?  If the price is higher at launch on exchanges, what causes it be higher?  If the price is lower at launch on the exchanges, what causes the price to go lower?

I am asking before any actual trading occurs on exchanges - how do the exchanges determine the initial trading price?

I think that Lisk succeed
cryptoboy.architect

Activity: 513
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 24, 2016, 04:14:29 PM

Lisk needs a truly decentralized DApp store for it to be a huge success. It doesn't have that, but I believe with the funding they've got, they may be able to pull it off. As long as they realize they now need to hire top notch devs.
Its About Sharing
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1000

Antifragile

View Profile
March 24, 2016, 05:23:58 PM

Lisk needs a truly decentralized DApp store for it to be a huge success. It doesn't have that, but I believe with the funding they've got, they may be able to pull it off. As long as they realize they now need to hire top notch devs.

Maybe Microsoft can set them up since they are a partner via Azure...

BTC = Black Swan.
BTC = Antifragile - "Some things benefit from shocks; they thrive and grow when exposed to volatility, randomness, disorder, and stressors and love adventure, risk, and uncertainty. Robust is not the opposite of fragile.
Nxtblg
Legendary

Activity: 924

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2016, 06:48:08 PM

I outlined to the dweebs over at the BitShares forum how they could easily monopolize the Lisk trading market for a couple weeks until it hits the exchanges so they could get some new hands on their real-time trading wallet, but they despise marketing over there.  

plus, they invented DPOS, so you would think that they would be proud to see Little Crypti all grown up now as Big Lisk.  Maybe they are just jelous that Lisk is soon going to be the biggest market cap DPOS crypto on the planet. But if that was the case, then you would think that they would be trying to get new people to try their wallet like I proposed.

Logic would conclude that the BitShares community just doesn't give a shit either way.

I would put up some of my personal Lisk stash on the BitShares DEX just to show you all how fast and easy their trading experience is, but what is my reputation worth?

what, maybe $300 bucks. That might draw a few new customers, but the BitShares community DPOS consensus model is backed by the trust of their miners, so I'm sure you guys would trust them with a whole lot more money than you would trust me with. After all, if I haven't mentioned it before, I'm not the real Erlich Bachman!

But many BitShares community members are actual people with real addresses where you could actually track them down and get your money if they ran off with it

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ivwuANB1Syo#t=12s

Have you got a hack to make a sale less trust-based? I've issued a lot of assets on the Horizon system, including one for IOTA because a Horizoneer asked me to. I could swing the same thing - an HZ gateway for Lisk, if there were some way to validate that my accounts have the Lisk that I say have them (to establish full backing). But even then, it would be iffy. In the case of IOTA, I backed my HZIOTA with a Nxt Asset called CIOTA - and most of my buyers did ask for redemption into the underlying CIOTA IOUs. (I followed through on all those redemption requests.)

I could give it a try with an Asset called "HZLisk", but the trust structure would be rickety - and everyone would need Horizon to buy some. Rickety, I know, but I can try if you want me to.

If you ask, I'd appreciate some tips on how to make it as verifiable as possible. Smiley

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

Nxtblg
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2016, 06:55:49 PM

Can someone please explain how launch price on an exchanges can begin at a price that's higher or lower than the ICO?

Let's say the ICO ended at 19k satoshi.  Shouldn't that be the launch price?  If not, then what factors determine the launch price change?  If the price is higher at launch on exchanges, what causes it be higher?  If the price is lower at launch on the exchanges, what causes the price to go lower?

I am asking before any actual trading occurs on exchanges - how do the exchanges determine the initial trading price?

The exchanges don't set the initial buying and selling prices - the customers do. Technically, at the nitty-gritty level, the high bid sets the sell (dump?) price and the low ask sets the buy (pump?) price. Exchanges are supposed to be agnostic about the prices; ones that aren't, are profoundly unethical.

So to answer your question: the opening price depends entirely upon the orderbook at opening time, and the orderbook depends solely on what bids and offers the exchange's customers enter. So, in the abstract, the opening price could be anywhere; it all depends on the exchange's customers and their own orders.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

iambitcoin5

Activity: 532

View Profile
March 26, 2016, 01:33:52 AM

I have no doubt that Lisk will do great during and after launch.  It will definitely give ethereum a run for its money.  Cool

iambitcoin5

View Profile
March 26, 2016, 02:08:55 AM

Well I'm shooting the dice I put in 5.9 BTC for 120,000 lisk  lets see , by the way what echanges do you think it will trade at and when is opening day for trading
I talked to a guy in the YouTube comments a few days ago and he said he put in about 42 BTC. That's one hell of a risk but he said he's going to hold most of them.

mookid

Activity: 446
Merit: 251

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2016, 02:47:55 AM

I believe Lisk a good chance to hit the exchange at about $1
JReag

Activity: 104
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 26, 2016, 03:21:42 AM

You buy up a huge stake at the start. (the 1000 BTC purchase got 12% of the initial stake and this person likely has more.) You then spread your votes out so that you get multiple delegate seats spread out across multiple nodes at various locations which lets you control a majority of the forging without being traced.

Do you refer to https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apportionment_paradox?

Nah. I just mean that you can scare weak hands through a dump, buy up more stake, vote in yourself a bunch of delegates and harvest a significant amount of the supply being forged.

Because if one person controls enough of the supply they get a greater guarantee of nudging price trends where they want. It's sort of like how you only really need about 43% of NXT to attack the system cause less than half are currently forging. (At least that's what I last read, these numbers could be wrong.)

Does that make sense to you?
elitecstrike

Activity: 560
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 26, 2016, 04:52:39 AM

I hope its like the ICO price so i can buy more Smiley
iambitcoin5

View Profile
March 26, 2016, 07:51:46 AM

I hope so too so I can buy even more than during ICO.  Cheesy But I think we all know that won't last 5 minutes at launch. Most people including myself are strongly predicting 1 Lisk= $1 USD at launch.  Cool

Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009

View Profile
March 26, 2016, 08:07:01 AM

Nah. I just mean that you can scare weak hands through a dump, buy up more stake, vote in yourself a bunch of delegates and harvest a significant amount of the supply being forged.

Because if one person controls enough of the supply they get a greater guarantee of nudging price trends where they want. It's sort of like how you only really need about 43% of NXT to attack the system cause less than half are currently forging. (At least that's what I last read, these numbers could be wrong.)

Does that make sense to you?

Yes, and that paradox can be used to dominate all votes having only 34% of all LISKs.
ThePatient

Activity: 574
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 26, 2016, 08:28:48 AM

I hope so too so I can buy even more than during ICO.  Cheesy But I think we all know that won't last 5 minutes at launch. Most people including myself are strongly predicting 1 Lisk= $1 USD at launch.  Cool

$1 at launch?
 Idk about that...
Timeline
Legendary

TokenHouse decentralized cryptocurrency exchange

View Profile
March 26, 2016, 08:39:59 AM

That would mean a mc of 100m, way too high for initial value imo. Even Eth didn't start that high.

iambitcoin5

View Profile
March 26, 2016, 08:59:07 AM

That would mean a mc of 100m, way too high for initial value imo. Even Eth didn't start that high.
It just might happen.

rtrtcrypto

Activity: 627

View Profile
March 26, 2016, 12:37:52 PM

I'm still willing to bet BTC with escrow that Lisk does not reach 100 million market cap inside of 2016 (needing to hold that for more than 24 hrs - to guard against fat finger / glitch on coin marketcap).

Would you like to take this bet?

It just might happen.
fuze0000

Activity: 518

Enjoying the ups & downs of Cryptocurrency!

View Profile
March 26, 2016, 12:41:20 PM

The main reason why Ethereum didn't start that high was because of how much work Ethereum had to accomplish.
The mist wallet for Ethereum is only about 2 months old.
LISK has 2 years of development completed thanks to crypti.  
LISK is a new cryptocurrency with tons of experience that has been genetically implanted memories.
LISK is technically ahead of ETH already once it hits the exchanges.
Once developers inside and out of the cryptocurrency world realize LISK is based on Javascript unlike ETH and it's Solidity then the market will react.
Based on the fact that Ethereum has less than 36 Dapps that are currently available.  All LISK needs is to surpass ETH by having a better Dapps store.
Ethereum is an amazing feat.  LISK is just more efficient when it pertains to USER INTERFACE & LEARNING CURVE for Dapp development.  I believe there are already 4 or more dapps that are in their beta stages and LISK isn't even on any exchanges as of yet.

Don't take my word for it just pay attention to the Javascript developer's actions.  I truly believe Developers will choose LISK over Ethereum in the approaching future.
rtrtcrypto

View Profile
March 26, 2016, 12:44:56 PM

Then please take my bet. *above your last response.

The main reason why Ethereum didn't start that high was because of how much work Ethereum had to accomplish.
The mist wallet for Ethereum is only about 2 months old.
LISK has 2 years of development completed thanks to crypti.  
LISK is a new cryptocurrency with tons of experience that has been genetically implanted memories.
LISK is technically ahead of ETH already once it hits the exchanges.
Once developers inside and out of the cryptocurrency world realize LISK is based on Javascript unlike ETH and it's Solidity then the market will react.
Based on the fact that Ethereum has less than 36 Dapps that are currently available.  All LISK needs is to surpass ETH by having a better Dapps store.
Ethereum is an amazing feat.  LISK is just more efficient when it pertains to USER INTERFACE & LEARNING CURVE for Dapp development.  I believe there are already 4 or more dapps that are in their beta stages and LISK isn't even on any exchanges as of yet.

Don't take my word for it just pay attention to the Javascript developer's actions.  I truly believe Developers will choose LISK over Ethereum in the approaching future.
fuze0000

Activity: 518

Enjoying the ups & downs of Cryptocurrency!

View Profile
March 26, 2016, 12:48:12 PM

Hello rtrtcrypto.  Do you believe LISK will reach a 100 million US dollars market cap in 2017?
rtrtcrypto

View Profile
March 26, 2016, 01:01:06 PM

Possible, but I think unlikely. The move towards 100 million has been really pretty rare for any tokens. Lisk has the advantage of having a decent amount of funds to further develop - though I'm not sold on the technology at this stage (I was in the XCR ICO as well by the way). This project could do some interesting things if the money is well spent. But MOON talks are not making so much sense for a mostly XCR clone.

Comparisons to Ethereum are insane at this stage, the number of people working 24/7 on Ethereum and the type of talent around that project are just not comparable to what we have now in other projects. Still, 100 million is possible here, with enough frenzy and FOMO we can get around that number I think.

I would not dump all my LISK, better hedge against the possibility that this project does solve the hard problems in front of it and finds a way to get around many technical issues that have been raised.

XCR couldn't even get 1/3 of its delegates running in a decentralized manner. I'm hoping the reward system here will make it so that LISK can actually have decentralized DPoS from the start (or soon after launch). I also have major questions about trying to make developers follow certain "rules" as to not break consensus. Etc.

The idea that this project is "ahead" of Ethereum is, at best, pure delusion. Lisk has a long way to go to catch up to even the smaller Ethereum teams. We don't even have developers in this project yet!

Hello rtrtcrypto.  Do you believe LISK will reach a 100 million US dollars market cap in 2017?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 ... 65 »
  Print  

Jump to: