Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 09:30:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they believe that the creator of this topic displays some red flags which make them high-risk. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 »
  Print  
Author Topic: LISK price speculation  (Read 113756 times)
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
May 20, 2016, 09:22:58 AM

Well I have a buddy who is one of the higher end 'delegates' of the 101 total that will 'forge' this coin and keep the network going for such.

His Guess 4 days before launch (6/24/16) is that it will be $1 a lisk. One week later he is saying it will be $4-$5. After that he would go no further.

We will see. Hope he is right at my BIG 1 BTC (he has 15 BTC plus into LISK as a disclaimer) anyway at 1 BTC that is 6,519 lisk at $1 would be huge.

$5 would be epic.

But then again if it shot to $5 would you bet LISK had 'legs' and hold or would you sell most or all? I could be a very confused 'puppy' on what to do at $5 lisk indeed.

Ah crypto you 'merciless bitch' ......decisions, decisions Sad

One advice there, you really need to have your plans made before such situation happens (or the opposite), cause if you don't and make it at the last moment, when your emotions are very strong, you will not make the optimal solution!!

good point..but at $5 lisk and for my 1 BTC of getting with 10% bonus at $415 usd per BTC at purchase....of 6,519.20 of lisk ...at $5 per lisk.. for a total of $32,595.00 usd...that fact alone would 'kll me' anyway from shock. (er...hell scared myself....might be true......) Smiley

Thus probably not an issue Smiley

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
Nxtblg
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2016, 02:21:45 PM

Well I have a buddy who is one of the higher end 'delegates' of the 101 total that will 'forge' this coin and keep the network going for such.

His Guess 4 days before launch (6/24/16) is that it will be $1 a lisk.

Really, that depends upon how much dumping there is when LSK goes live. Yobit's Lisk-IOUs are trading at well above $1 as I write and Bloombit's are trading at about $0.85. Both prices are stable, for now.

There'll certainly be a lot of buyers come the 24th...

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

stereotype
Legendary

Activity: 1554

View Profile
May 20, 2016, 02:58:15 PM

Is/was there any verified Lisk account holders selling the account, anywhere?
sandiman

Activity: 560
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 20, 2016, 03:29:36 PM

His Guess 4 days before launch (6/24/16) is that it will be $1 a lisk. One week later he is saying it will be $4-$5. After that he would go no further.

We will see. Hope he is right at my BIG 1 BTC (he has 15 BTC plus into LISK as a disclaimer) anyway at 1 BTC that is 6,519 lisk at $1 would be huge.

$5 would be epic.

But then again if it shot to $5 would you bet LISK had 'legs' and hold or would you sell most or all? I could be a very confused 'puppy' on what to do at $5 lisk indeed.

Ah crypto you 'merciless bitch' ......decisions, decisions Sad

One advice there, you really need to have your plans made before such situation happens (or the opposite), cause if you don't and make it at the last moment, when your emotions are very strong, you will not make the optimal solution!!

good point..but at $5 lisk and for my 1 BTC of getting with 10% bonus at $415 usd per BTC at purchase....of 6,519.20 of lisk ...at $5 per lisk.. for a total of $32,595.00 usd...that fact alone would 'kll me' anyway from shock. (er...hell scared myself....might be true......) Smiley

Thus probably not an issue Smiley

Ahah  Grin Grin

You should not die, for this amount of money you could start building a mining farm!
kingcrimson
Legendary

Activity: 1025

View Profile
May 20, 2016, 07:21:09 PM

Do you guys think the recent re-surge of ETH will help or hurt LISK at launch?

HUGE HUGE HELP. Really, that is just bringing attention to the space. LISK looks very legit by everything I've been able to find so many many Ethereum people will want to, if nothing else, hedge their bets. LISK is like the little train that could, really. In a very very good position. I just hope BTC keeps going sideways in the meantime.
But if ETH consolidates its position before LISK launches, wouldn't people have less incentive to buy LISK instead of ETH? These things have strong first-moved advantages.

Also, why do you want BTC to go sideways in the meantime? What's going to happen if BTC rallies too?

I see LISK as a hedge, competitor and compliment to Ethereum. Many are buying Ethereum in a similar way to BTC (hedge).

I wanted to see BTC go sideways as there is often a gold/usd like inverse relationship it seems, meaning BTC up, ETH down. People often go to an alt from btc and not usd, due to taxes. If BTC is just going sideways as the ICO's are going public, attention is not drawn away but rather to the "alts".

I'm not sure if Eth holders will hedge in Bitcoin, it is dead tech controlled by one person (theymos). LISK is the only real viable alternative.
ruletheworld
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1045

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2016, 09:42:08 PM

HUGE HUGE HELP. Really, that is just bringing attention to the space. LISK looks very legit by everything I've been able to find so many many Ethereum people will want to, if nothing else, hedge their bets. LISK is like the little train that could, really. In a very very good position. I just hope BTC keeps going sideways in the meantime.
But if ETH consolidates its position before LISK launches, wouldn't people have less incentive to buy LISK instead of ETH? These things have strong first-moved advantages.

Also, why do you want BTC to go sideways in the meantime? What's going to happen if BTC rallies too?

I see LISK as a hedge, competitor and compliment to Ethereum. Many are buying Ethereum in a similar way to BTC (hedge).

I wanted to see BTC go sideways as there is often a gold/usd like inverse relationship it seems, meaning BTC up, ETH down. People often go to an alt from btc and not usd, due to taxes. If BTC is just going sideways as the ICO's are going public, attention is not drawn away but rather to the "alts".

I see your point, but LISK will have a long way to go before people look at it as a hedge against ETH. Not saying it can't or won't happen, just that it is a long way away.

The relationship between alts and BTC isn't holding strong the last few months. Do you not feel that this inverse relationship is kinda breaking down? It has been +ve and -ve throughout - sometimes +ve for alts when BTC rallies as it legitimizes the whole space.
kingcrimson
Legendary

Activity: 1025

View Profile
May 20, 2016, 09:49:45 PM

lol@ BTC legitimizing this space.

Everyone smart in that sphere have already left bitcoin into Ethereum. Haven't you followed the debates the last six months ?

They would rather lead it into the ground than improve the tech. It is the whole reason Ethereum, now Lisk have risen.
Its About Sharing
Legendary

Activity: 1442

Antifragile

View Profile
May 20, 2016, 10:09:24 PM

I'm not sure if Eth holders will hedge in Bitcoin, it is dead tech controlled by one person (theymos). LISK is the only real viable alternative.

Bitcoin is so much bigger than Thymos. Not even an issue. Sure Ethereum does more, etc. but in a way, there in lies the problem. Bitcoin, as good as Ethereum may be, is right now proven and has an entire community behind it, including quite a few computer scientists. Doesn't mean it will win and it really doesn't matter, but we should confuse a do it all in Ethereum, with something that focuses primarily on being, for lack of a better word, money (or value).

LISK, has a long long way to go. But for sure it will be interesting. This whole space is going to explode.

BTC = Black Swan.
BTC = Antifragile - "Some things benefit from shocks; they thrive and grow when exposed to volatility, randomness, disorder, and stressors and love adventure, risk, and uncertainty. Robust is not the opposite of fragile.
Its About Sharing
Legendary

Antifragile

View Profile
May 20, 2016, 10:16:10 PM

I see your point, but LISK will have a long way to go before people look at it as a hedge against ETH. Not saying it can't or won't happen, just that it is a long way away.

The relationship between alts and BTC isn't holding strong the last few months. Do you not feel that this inverse relationship is kinda breaking down? It has been +ve and -ve throughout - sometimes +ve for alts when BTC rallies as it legitimizes the whole space.

If I saw something as promising as LISK coming and I was a large holder of another crypto, I would get the appropriate when the price was in it's relatively early days. The question is, how well does one understand it? It doesn't take a deep understanding nor a tremendous amount of research, that something might be brewing here. Very promising I have to say.

Yeah, fair enough, there is a decoupling taking place between the alts and Bitcoin. We still see the LTC follow and we still (often) see opposite moves. But we are seeing more moves against the grain. As Ethereum shows us what it can do, that will just add more separation (up or down). I think as more USD to Crypto exchanges (basically a lot of existing exchanges taking cash for ETH, XMR, LISK, DAO, etc.) are here, we are going to see more of this as they will continue to move from BTC/X ratio and instead to USD. There will be some interaction between it all though. We are witnessing an evolution there. Virus of sorts.

BTC = Black Swan.
BTC = Antifragile - "Some things benefit from shocks; they thrive and grow when exposed to volatility, randomness, disorder, and stressors and love adventure, risk, and uncertainty. Robust is not the opposite of fragile.
bobmarley650
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 21, 2016, 07:02:54 AM

2.7$ at start

bobbtc@protonmail.com / Working day and night
makuny

Activity: 896
Merit: 505

View Profile
May 21, 2016, 08:17:05 AM

what is the speculation price at the moment ?
Its About Sharing
Legendary

Antifragile

View Profile
May 21, 2016, 10:17:26 AM

About $3.70 on Yobit, which is much higher than the other two sites. https://yobit.net/en/trade/LISK/BTC/

BTC = Black Swan.
Scott J
Legendary

Activity: 1792

View Profile
May 21, 2016, 10:50:30 AM

About $3.70 on Yobit, which is much higher than the other two sites. https://yobit.net/en/trade/LISK/BTC/
There is a huge difference:

$0.88 on Bloombit
$1.21 on OpenLedger
$3.70 on Yobit

I would say it safe to assume Yobit does not give us much insight into the possible price; market maker(s) just having some fun on there.
Its About Sharing
Legendary

Antifragile

View Profile
May 21, 2016, 11:19:19 AM

$0.88 on Bloombit
$1.21 on OpenLedger
$3.70 on Yobit

I would say it safe to assume Yobit does not give us much insight into the possible price; market maker(s) just having some fun on there.

I said "much higher" regarding the price. I wasn't trying to deceive.
Maybe instead of just looking at the price, what about perceived safety of trading there? That might be a part of things. I won't touch Bloombit and am unfamiliar with OpenLedger.
What about volume and how much of it is real (across the board.) We don't really know. I can't easily read the volume on Bloombit, but in general the volume doesn't seem huge anywhere.

Not saying the price is accurate, but we don't know what is really going on here. Is it market makers or people from the the actual ICO's?
I guess we will find out soon enough. There does seem to be a lot of Hype with LISK...

BTC = Black Swan.
Scott J
Legendary

Activity: 1792

View Profile
May 21, 2016, 12:01:32 PM

$0.88 on Bloombit
$1.21 on OpenLedger
$3.70 on Yobit

I said "much higher" regarding the price. I wasn't trying to deceive.
Maybe instead of just looking at the price, what about perceived safety of trading there? That might be a part of things. I won't touch Bloombit and am unfamiliar with OpenLedger.
What about volume and how much of it is real (across the board.) We don't really know. I can't easily read the volume on Bloombit, but in general the volume doesn't seem huge anywhere.

Not saying the price is accurate, but we don't know what is really going on here. Is it market makers or people from the the actual ICO's?
I guess we will find out soon enough. There does seem to be a lot of Hype with LISK...
Sorry, I didn't mean to suggest you were trying to deceive.

You make some good points regarding trustability and there is certainly a lot of hype.

I'm sticking with my 'up to $0.50' prediction for now, but happy to be wrong.
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
May 21, 2016, 12:50:39 PM

I have 1 btc in LISK. At the end of the ICO and adding the 10% bonus due that would have been 6,519.20....from that final figure.

They just gave the bonus. It is not 10% it is 7.3 %. I asked others it is more or less all getting 7% from end of ICO...amounts they were given.

So did they have some new money come in after the ICO ended or something. Seems fishy as hell.

Whatever only 1 BTC we will see. But I talked to guys with 15 BTC in Lisk an it was the same ratio (at the 10% bonus mark anyway)

so anyway price speculation wise...it is kinda like i'm off to the races with more then 1/4 of the 'bonus' going poof.... not the kinda news

you want tossed about before launch in 3 days imho.

later

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
cannabanana

Activity: 518
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 21, 2016, 01:16:03 PM

I have 1 btc in LISK. At the end of the ICO and adding the 10% bonus due that would have been 6,519.20....from that final figure.

They just gave the bonus. It is not 10% it is 7.3 %. I asked others it is more or less all getting 7% from end of ICO...amounts they were given.

So did they have some new money come in after the ICO ended or something. Seems fishy as hell.

Whatever only 1 BTC we will see. But I talked to guys with 15 BTC in Lisk an it was the same ratio (at the 10% bonus mark anyway)

so anyway price speculation wise...it is kinda like i'm off to the races with more then 1/4 of the 'bonus' going poof.... not the kinda news

later

10% of 5500 lisk (aprox value of 1 btc of lisk at ico price)

soooo 10% is 1k coins from 5500 lisk?

Interesting......
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
May 21, 2016, 01:30:19 PM

later

Interesting......

my original ICO amount after it closed is 6519.20 lisk WITH 10% bonus....so w/o the 10% supposed bonus it WAS 5867.28 Lisk

BUT the bonus paid out was 6,039 or about 7.36% for a 'bonus'

Again seems "fishy' we will see what 'launch' does in 3 days. But seems NOT to match the figures I was given by the site

as the amount of lisk I should have at the end of the ICO. ...so that was short from the amount x 10% ie 7.3% in reality bonus

and seems to 'correspond' with others ..this is not a 'fluke' with my account

again seems kinda 'off' to put it mildly

just tossing it out there.....I only have 1 BTC in this..so it is NOT such a big deal....but the 'silence about it is deafening" by the lisk team Smiley

ttookk

Activity: 994
Merit: 513

View Profile
May 21, 2016, 02:11:24 PM

later

Interesting......

my original ICO amount after it closed is 6519.20 lisk WITH 10% bonus....so w/o the 10% supposed bonus it WAS 5867.28 Lisk

Again seems "fishy' we will see what 'launch' does in 3 days. But seems NOT to match the figures I was given by the site

as the amount of lisk I should have at the end of the ICO. ...so that was short from the amount x 10% ie 7.3% in reality bonus

just tossing it out there.....I only have 1 BTC in this..so it is NOT such a big deal....but the 'silence about it is deafening" by the lisk team Smiley

That's because you're applying the bonus the wrong way. You need to apply it to the BTC, then divide it by the average Lisk ICo price:

1 BTC +10% bonus = 1.1 BTC

1.1 BTC * Exchange rate: 0.0001821238671 BTC/LISK = 6039.XXX LSK

The amount stated before was just an estimate.

https://blog.lisk.io/ico-bonuses-are-now-applied-to-your-exchanges-8b50e0adf9e5#.rjv2a71w7

https://blog.lisk.io/lisk-ico-statistics-ac36fbb94fe3#.wjdj7f2fs
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
May 21, 2016, 02:20:42 PM

later

Interesting......

That's because you're applying the bonus the wrong way. You need to apply it to the BTC, then divide it by the average Lisk ICo price:

1 BTC +10% bonus = 1.1 BTC

1.1 BTC * Exchange rate: 0.0001821238671 BTC/LISK = 6039.XXX LSK

The amount stated before was just an estimate.

https://blog.lisk.io/ico-bonuses-are-now-applied-to-your-exchanges-8b50e0adf9e5#.rjv2a71w7

https://blog.lisk.io/lisk-ico-statistics-ac36fbb94fe3#.wjdj7f2fs

Just using the figures they gave me at the ICO ending.....10% bonus SHOULD work either way if it is a 10% bonus on LISK I had at ICO ending amount in lisk

(just saying math is math)

But I will go with your facts that it was just an 'estimate' thou it was not presented that way 'at the time' and I DID ask ..was told was final figure.

again just wanted SOME kind of explanation.......will withhold judgement.....

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 »
  Print  

Jump to: