Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 12:41:00 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they believe that the creator of this topic displays some red flags which make them high-risk. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 [53] 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 »
  Print  
Author Topic: LISK price speculation  (Read 113761 times)
RoommateAgreement

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

Bazinga!

View Profile
June 10, 2016, 03:11:15 AM

i don't know why people are saying so much crap about lisk and its price. i have already made nearly 1 bitcoin in a short time by just buying list at the bottom and i believe the price will still go higher.

Whats the current selling and buying price for lisk ?

always check a exchanger or coinmarketcap.com for the uptodate prices.

Buying the dip...
jayquizzel

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2016, 04:57:05 AM

Daytrading is hard.. it becomes somewhat easier if you trade very small volumes.

Very helpful! What would be considered a small volume? I'm new and trying to wrap my head around these ideas.
wizzardTim
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1000

Reality is stranger than fiction

View Profile
July 03, 2016, 02:07:46 PM

Daytrading is hard.. it becomes somewhat easier if you trade very small volumes.

Very helpful! What would be considered a small volume? I'm new and trying to wrap my head around these ideas.

It all depends on a coin's volatility and order depth. e.g. if you open a position make sure that there is enough volume on buy/sell orders in case you need to exit, otherwise the price may crash + it is difficult to estimate your loss/risk beforehand.

So the size of 'small volume' differs between each coin. e.g. it is bigger when you trade ETH than when you trade a coin listed in the bottom of https://coinmarketcap.com when the list is sorted by volume.

Behold the Tangle Mysteries! Dare to know It's truth.

- Excerpt from the IOTA Sacred Texts Vol. I
digicoin
Legendary

Activity: 1106

View Profile
September 01, 2016, 05:01:29 AM

LISK has had great progress for 2 recent months. The price will be good (x2) by the end of year.
connexus

Activity: 774
Merit: 503

View Profile
September 01, 2016, 07:39:06 AM

LISK has had great progress for 2 recent months. The price will be good (x2) by the end of year.

All Lisk holders will have a wonderful and prosperous new year if that happens. Keeping my fingers crossed!
bbc.reporter
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1454

View Profile
September 01, 2016, 08:34:14 AM

They have achieved the normal amount of progress. There was nothing really spectacular with the roadmap they have umveiled after a couple of months of waiting. But that is a better option for them to be safe from too much pressure. I also disagree that the price will rise very high. There is a whale who is trying to manipulated the price to stay below 50k satoshis. If it was not for him LSK should be over 55k satoshis by now.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
Mesquito

Activity: 322
Merit: 10

I'm creative and work how you need for ETH and BTC

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2016, 05:19:51 PM

no one can seriously tell you this.

It is a startup and a risky one. If the idea, Dapps with javascript are more attractive then the solution from Ethereum fails, if the plan to find developer for this dapps fails, the coin will be nearly worthless.

If the coin can find its niche between BTC und ETH, then the price will dramatically grow.

I don't see any feature in LISK that put he in front of ETH. If Lisk have any innovative feature in wich ETH can fall, please comment.
Mesquito

Activity: 322

I'm creative and work how you need for ETH and BTC

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2016, 05:20:54 PM

I think LISK will be the next Orbitcoin/Reddcoin/Bitbean  Tongue
ZayedCoin

Activity: 126

I never Loose , Either i WIN or I LEARN

View Profile
September 01, 2016, 11:35:18 PM

we need more support to rise the price

Bitrated user: UAE
digicoin
Legendary

View Profile
September 02, 2016, 04:07:12 AM

There are 2 events that I think will have positive impact on price.

+ Community forging: it is the first thing that is promised to release in the roadmap.
+ The first stable version of SDK: a milestone that JavaScript developer are welcomed to start LISK blockchain application development. JavaScript will bring LISK to hundred of thousands JavaScript developers in the world. I can't see any platform that has such an advantage as LISK in this regard

They will come by the end of year. My speculation is that LISK price will be x2 or x3 easily. LISK is more than a cryptocurrency. It is a the first complete general purpose blockchain application platform. Its potential is greater than Ethereum and the like if implemented correctly.
bbc.reporter
Legendary

View Profile
September 02, 2016, 07:23:37 AM

@digicoin. Was a timeline mentioned in the road map? I do not think there was so when you said that those features will come at the end of the year, I assume that you are making a guess?

I do agree that the first stable version of the SDK will be a big boost for the platform in dapp creation. But for me after seeing what happened to Ethereum I would be happy if they took their time until they are sure that their releases are safe and secure.

.Duelbits.
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
digicoin
Legendary

View Profile
September 02, 2016, 08:04:32 AM

Community forging will be released in 3-5 updates (2-4 weeks/update) https://blog.lisk.io/lisk-community-meeting-summary-august-27th-4921a7e1fb1b#.m2szse6o1

As of SDK release

Max: I want that everyone can start developing functional and stable blockchain applications at New Years Eve. Right now it’s working, but only for prototyping and experimentation. The sidechains are not stable for serious apps.
digicoin
Legendary

View Profile
September 02, 2016, 08:17:20 AM

I do agree that the first stable version of the SDK will be a big boost for the platform in dapp creation. But for me after seeing what happened to Ethereum I would be happy if they took their time until they are sure that their releases are safe and secure.

The great thing about LISK is that blockchain applications have their own sidechain. If there is any bug in those applications, their sidechains are effected, not LISK blockchain or network.

It seems Ethereum has these "rules" directly embedded into their compiler, at Lisk developers just have to follow them. The biggest difference here is, if they do a mistake and the consensus is broken, then the dapp needs a hard fork. But Lisk itself is entirely fine, because the dapp is only running in a sidechain.

This is a huge security advantage. If a dapp fails, the Lisk network doesn't even hiccup. However, if one smart contract fails at Ethereum, it can mean game over for Ethereum.
bbc.reporter
Legendary

View Profile
September 03, 2016, 07:30:37 AM

Community forging will be released in 3-5 updates (2-4 weeks/update) https://blog.lisk.io/lisk-community-meeting-summary-august-27th-4921a7e1fb1b#.m2szse6o1

As of SDK release

Max: I want that everyone can start developing functional and stable blockchain applications at New Years Eve. Right now it’s working, but only for prototyping and experimentation. The sidechains are not stable for serious apps.

I speculate that making the sidechains stable will give them a lot of headaches. Imagine a million of them running at the same time. It would for sure make dapps have errors making them almost useless and buggy. The Lisk development team should take this all slowly and do not push things in a hurry. It is also possible that they have too much in their hands right now.

.Duelbits.
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
Its About Sharing
Legendary

Activity: 1442

Antifragile

View Profile
September 03, 2016, 11:22:41 AM

As of SDK release

I speculate that making the sidechains stable will give them a lot of headaches. Imagine a million of them running at the same time. It would for sure make dapps have errors making them almost useless and buggy. The Lisk development team should take this all slowly and do not push things in a hurry. It is also possible that they have too much in their hands right now.

Multi threading seems to be a pretty standard piece of tech and I'm sure the sidechains is just an extrapolation of that.
Put it this way, what sounds like more of a headache:
A - Having all applications run on one blockchain (essentially one large computer - too inefficient for large dapps but nice for small ones.)
B - Having each app have it's own blockchain (Obviously beneficial for larger dapps and much more flexible as well.)

Is stability really an issue? I mean what is the underlying cause of instability. It is not like each side chain is running on all computers. That would be a problem.
The burden of the sidechains seems to be the hardware (or the code), not the actual sidechain, that is just the tech. Have a problem, reboot the sidechain/code.

No one really knows but I am not concerned much about stability. I am a bit concerned about DAO type blunders. Need to be careful there.

BTC = Black Swan.
BTC = Antifragile - "Some things benefit from shocks; they thrive and grow when exposed to volatility, randomness, disorder, and stressors and love adventure, risk, and uncertainty. Robust is not the opposite of fragile.
digicoin
Legendary

View Profile
September 03, 2016, 12:11:33 PM

I understand that LISK engine and sidechain app are executed in isolated NodeJS processes. Moreover, according to Max and Oliver, when the first stable version of LISK's SDK is released, each sidechain application will has their own PostgreSQL database. Therefore, there is no problem when running sidechain apps and LISK inside the same computer because they will not step in one's toes.
bbc.reporter
Legendary

View Profile
September 04, 2016, 02:28:24 AM

@digicoin. I was under the impression that each sidechain was a blockchain and not a database. So maybe it will be stable after all. But it is not going to be what I had in mind. It may be that the Lisk development team sacrificed decentralization with stability. The first sign of this was the decision to use DPOS. There was a time when I was lurking the reddit of bitshares that I came across a post of Vitalik and Bytemaster talking by the sidewalk. Could it be that Vitalik was thinking about using DPOS at one point in Ethereum's development?

.Duelbits.
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
bubilas

Activity: 792
Merit: 582

View Profile
September 11, 2016, 06:51:18 AM

maybe now?

.Duelbits.
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
digicoin
Legendary

View Profile
September 11, 2016, 06:23:52 PM

Bitcoin uptrend mean LSK price will be lower. Target 0.00038
Antioxidant

Activity: 810

View Profile
September 11, 2016, 07:45:37 PM

Bitcoin uptrend mean LSK price will be lower. Target 0.00038
and now what target? Cheesy
Pages: « 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 [53] 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 »
  Print  

Jump to: