Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 11:40:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: This is the magnificent bitcoin gem  (Read 16579 times)
maxmint (OP)

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 19, 2013, 10:18:34 AM

Consider maybe adding captcha? It seems its being botted .. I cant get an entry in if I hit F5 fast enough now =(
yeah, there's a lot of traffic these days.  I haven't been able to get on in a while. 

are bots why somebody was able to buy it out from under me today when the counter said there were 73 seconds to go? have a swell day.

I do know that there's some automated requests querying the price of the gem. But I doubt that there are bots actually buying the gem.
Maybe some people have a form autofill plugin or something similar.

Someone suggested making a single "Buy" button and showing the form after clicking this button, I guess that would be a good idea.

My PGP-Key: 462D02D8
Verify my messages using keybase: https://keybase.io/maxmint
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Otoh
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 3024
Merit: 1105

View Profile
March 21, 2013, 06:42:34 PM

Is the game as a whole for sale atm btw?

BTC = $c²     My BTC addie = 1otohotohMoQoxHuxLBveQiZcV3Pji3Tc 
Bitstamp Exchange: Referal Code
CHARITY | MY REP | PREDICTION 1 | PREDICTION 2 | PREDICTION 3
maxmint (OP)

View Profile
March 21, 2013, 06:47:53 PM

Is the game as a whole for sale atm btw?
PM sent

Otoh
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 3024
Merit: 1105

View Profile
March 23, 2013, 06:54:19 PM

Thanks, answering, enjoying the link on the latest buyer's entry there

BTC = $c²     My BTC addie = 1otohotohMoQoxHuxLBveQiZcV3Pji3Tc 
Bitstamp Exchange: Referal Code
CHARITY | MY REP | PREDICTION 1 | PREDICTION 2 | PREDICTION 3
diatonic

Activity: 271
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 01, 2013, 04:55:35 PM

It looks like you changed the game to start at 0.5 BTC instead of 0.1 BTC. Actually, it looks like you changed it from 0.1 to 0.25 and now 0.5. Care to comment on why?

Gamble on the gem now starts at around $50? I reset the gem twice somehow when it was supposedly a 3% chance. Once for 0.85 BTC, and once for 0.64 BTC. Now your game just looks like a race to lose a bunch of money, and the race is even shorter than it used to be with the new higher cost to start.

Now I mostly feel bad for the people I see lose their stake after the gem gets high enough that new buyers are scared off.

#bitcoin-otc ratings: http://bitcoin-otc.com/viewratingdetail.php?nick=diatonic | Tips: 1DiATonicgGnUcsH6NpSuCEDwRRW3wecgs
maxmint (OP)

View Profile
April 01, 2013, 05:21:35 PM

It looks like you changed the game to start at 0.5 BTC instead of 0.1 BTC. Actually, it looks like you changed it from 0.1 to 0.25 and now 0.5. Care to comment on why?

Gamble on the gem now starts at around $50? I reset the gem twice somehow when it was supposedly a 3% chance. Once for 0.85 BTC, and once for 0.64 BTC. Now your game just looks like a race to lose a bunch of money, and the race is even shorter than it used to be with the new higher cost to start.

Now I mostly feel bad for the people I see lose their stake after the gem gets high enough that new buyers are scared off.

Start price will be lowered again. Just trying out different settings to see how they are doing.

tutkarz

Activity: 546
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 02, 2013, 05:41:20 PM

The higher starting price the more income site owner has. Because you have to buy from him your first item. Also, more random resets, more profit especially if starting price is high. Thats why i removed random resets from my game because if they are not often (like they should) then they could not exists at all, and it should not be noticable in game. It simplifies game rules too and makes everything more clear.

001sonkit

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

Casper - A failed entrepenuer who looks like Zhou

View Profile WWW
April 02, 2013, 05:57:14 PM

The higher starting price the more income site owner has. Because you have to buy from him your first item. Also, more random resets, more profit especially if starting price is high. Thats why i removed random resets from my game because if they are not often (like they should) then they could not exists at all, and it should not be noticable in game. It simplifies game rules too and makes everything more clear.

Actually i think the random die is the most profitable way, as stated above. And just like the owner of a chain game above. My solution is have the last owner to gain profit share over the new chain and everyone will get something back at least. (Where my game' cut is at 3%, visit http://tree.chromaticcreative.net to know more about this one-of-a-kind homemade non-template chain game)

GEMINI ACCOUNT REVIEW - Source of Funds Request
tutkarz

Activity: 546
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 02, 2013, 06:00:33 PM

Actually i think the random die is the most profitable way, as stated above. And just like the owner of a chain game above. My solution is have the last owner to gain profit share over the new chain and everyone will get something back at least. (Where my game' cut is at 3%, visit http://tree.chromaticcreative.net to know more about this one-of-a-kind homemade non-template chain game)

like this btctreasure.com ?

maxmint (OP)

View Profile
April 07, 2013, 01:46:52 PM

Some one just tried to buy the gem but sent 4.0135 BTC instead of 4.13 BTC.
This was refunded: https://blockchain.info/tx/37bd7d76249ebcc4e31d1c291440bf11c0e56d107dd92930459aa7b569045839

Tronlet

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 07, 2013, 02:21:31 PM

What happens to the reset timer as a result?

maxmint (OP)

View Profile
April 07, 2013, 02:22:54 PM

What happens to the reset timer as a result?
The timer is always on 86400 seconds and it seems it just reset, this happens automatically

talnted

Activity: 236

www.bitcoingem.com

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2013, 05:27:46 PM

Consider maybe adding captcha? It seems its being botted .. I cant get an entry in if I hit F5 fast enough now =(
yeah, there's a lot of traffic these days.  I haven't been able to get on in a while. 

are bots why somebody was able to buy it out from under me today when the counter said there were 73 seconds to go? have a swell day.

I do know that there's some automated requests querying the price of the gem. But I doubt that there are bots actually buying the gem.
Maybe some people have a form autofill plugin or something similar.

Someone suggested making a single "Buy" button and showing the form after clicking this button, I guess that would be a good idea.

I think the buy button would indeed be a good idea. Thats also interesting about automated queries.

The Original and Most Popular Gem Game: www.bitcoingem.com
Over 800+ BTC Paid Out!  1110+ Buyers of the Gem!
sangaman

Activity: 342
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2013, 06:55:29 PM

Hi, I'm one of the new owners of the site and I'll be mostly responsible for new development. We have a few new ideas for this model and we'll strive to deliver the best customer service possible and the most popular and reliable website of any game like this.

I'd love to hear any feedback and questions that anyone may have. Thanks in advance!
talnted

www.bitcoingem.com

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2013, 03:13:40 PM

We are excited about upcoming projects for the site, and will be posting changes as they occur.  Again, feel free to let us know of any ideas or comments that you may have.  We will also address questions and feel free to PM us if you have anything you would like to discuss.

talnted

www.bitcoingem.com

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2013, 01:44:58 PM

A facebook page has been created for the site, and I encourage all to look to the page for updates on the site.

We also have a twitter that has live updates of the bitcoin gem prices.

Thanks all for playing, we are seeing great traffic and are looking forward to sharing future projects.

talnted

www.bitcoingem.com

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2013, 06:42:33 PM

We are close to announcing a new release of the site that will include a wide range of game play and player experience improvements. 

We recieve over whelming inquiries about not being able to play the game due to high traffic, we will also be addressing this.

Look for an update soon in regards to changes to this site!

idler

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 09:08:39 PM

No time stamp for previous transaction? 40 owner loss because of volume too small ?
Yurkov

Activity: 1463
Merit: 265

Pepemo.vip

View Profile
May 16, 2013, 12:28:56 PM

I suggest putting a captcha on the buying mechanism, so bots cant do crap

talnted

www.bitcoingem.com

View Profile WWW
May 17, 2013, 07:22:39 PM

I suggest putting a captcha on the buying mechanism, so bots cant do crap

We have discussed this upgrade and we will be introducing an enhancement to make playing easier in the earlier rounds.

We will be rolling out a large upgrade in the near future.

Stay tuned..

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: