Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 11:20:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Which top 10 crypto do you feel is most likely to change its political policies in a way that affects a majority of its community members negatively.
bitcoin - 21 (17.1%)
Ethereum - 29 (23.6%)
Ripple - 8 (6.5%)
Litecoin - 2 (1.6%)
Maidsafe - 2 (1.6%)
DASH - 27 (22%)
Dogecoin - 2 (1.6%)
Factom - 2 (1.6%)
Monero - 26 (21.1%)
BitShares - 4 (3.3%)
Total Voters: 123

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: POLL - Which crypto do you feel is the biggest "scam"? - - REVISED 4 ACCURACY -  (Read 5130 times)
schlonged (OP)

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 08, 2016, 01:54:44 PM
Last edit: March 09, 2016, 03:15:53 PM by schlonged

- UPDATE -

Backed by popular demand, I revised this poll to be more accurate to reflect the future risk assumed when investing in any of the top 10 cryptocurrencies, which is of course based on past performance, or in this case, past scams.

Since the culprits of any potential future "scams" will be those who are in charge of dictating monetary policy, please speak to who controls the coin you are talking about and why you believe there is potential for hurting the majority of shareholders (by providing historical precedent please)

Again, than you sincerely for providing this valuable service to the investment community

- INITIAL POST -

As an astute businessman (who has only went bankrupt 4 times), I need to know which of the top 10 cryptos is most "out of favor" with the general crypto public so that I can diverge from the herd.

I'll trust your honesty.  

I'm new here, and am hoping that you wouldn't schlong this noob just for fun.

Thank You,

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TPTB_need_war

Activity: 420
Merit: 257

View Profile
March 08, 2016, 02:30:14 PM
Last edit: March 08, 2016, 02:42:52 PM by TPTB_need_war

Please restart the poll and allow us to vote for more than one.

The poll is useless in this forum, because so many of those are scams.

My ranking by most scammy at the top:

Dash
MaidSafe
Ethereum
VanillaCoin/Vcash
Factom
Ripple
Bitshares (more like confused than scammy, but there is an element of scammy in the presales of Protoshares, etc)

Monero is not a scam. Those voting for that are Dash and V(anila)cash/coin trolls.

If you are asking about "accusations", I don't see that as a reliable measure of anything. Ask us which ones are the most scammy, not which coins receive the most FUD.

poptok1

Activity: 1638
Merit: 756

Bobby Fischer was right

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2016, 02:39:10 PM

Besides the obvious ETH the most scam accusation award of the day
should go to BigUp. Im still not sure what it is, but if one checks the
yobits chatbox he would see some serious accusations.
Life threats even for the dev.
So my choice is bigup.

pandher
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

Stagnation is Death

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2016, 02:56:12 PM

If you are really looking to find a scam, the elephant in the room is Dash.

The dev premined boatloads due to a 'mistake' and he didnt fix it because the community was cool with it Lips sealed
shanem
Legendary

Activity: 1344

View Profile
March 08, 2016, 03:08:33 PM

Ethereum got a lot of call for being a scam as funds were raised in a ICO. Unfortunately, many people lost money in ICOs so they won't hesitate to label ETH as another of the shitcoins. Nevertheless, ETH is no ten dollars even with all the scam accusation.

█           
           ██           
          ██████         
         ████████         
        ██████████       
       ████████████       
      ██████████████     
     ████████████████     
    ██████████████████   
   ████████████████████   
  ██████████▀▀██████████ 
 ███▀▄████▀    ▀████▄▀███
██▀ ▄██▀▀        ▀▀██▄ ▀██

░▄███████████▄░░░▄███████████▄░░▄███▄░░░░░░▄███▄░░▄██████████▄░░░████████████████░░░░██████████░░░░███████████████░░█████████████████
█████░░░░░░░███░████▀░░░░░▀████░█████▄░░░░▄█████░███▀░░░░░░▀███░███░░░░████░░░███░░███░░░░░░░░██░░███░░░░░░░░░░░███░███████░░░░██████
█████░░░░░░░███░████░░░░░░░████░▀█████▄░░▄█████▀░███░░░░░░░░███░███░░░░████░░███░░░███░░░██░░░███░███░░░██████░░███░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░░░░░████░░░░░░░████░░▀█████░░█████▀░░███░░░░░░░░███░███░░░░███░░░███░░░███░░████░░███░███░░░██████░░███░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░░░░░████░░░░░░█████░░░▀████▄▄████▀░░░███▄░░░░░░▄███░███░░░░███░░███░░░░██░░░████░░███░███░░░░░░░░░░███▀░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░░░░░██████████████░░░░░▀████████▀░░░░████████████▀░░███░░░░░░░░░███░░░███░░░████░░░██░███░░░█████████░░░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░███░████░░░░░░░████▄░░░░████████░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░███░░░░███░░░███░░██░░░░░░░░░░░██░███░░░░░░░░░░███▄░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░███░████░░░░░░░█████░░░░████████░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░███░░░░████░░░███░██░░░░████░░░░█░███░░░█████▄░░███░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
███████████████░████░░░░░░░█████░░░░████████░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░███░░░░████░░░░██░██░░░██████░░░█░███░░░██████░░███░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
░▀███████████▀░░░███░░░░░░░████░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░░░████████████████░███████████████░░███████████████░░░░░░█████████░░░░
|
▂▃▅ Quick buy and sell bitcoins online. Fast and secure ▅▃▂
Facebook】【Twitter】【Telegram】【Medium】【Instagram
|
mrcashking

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 08, 2016, 03:18:34 PM

I'll trust your honesty. 

With the recent Pump i think Ethereum will be on the Top.
IMO the crypto coins are increasing at an alarming rate and solely because it could be manipulated pretty easily by a couple of people,either be it Dev's or Whales and the majority will lose money as they are so impressed by traders or miners making money while they get in at the wrong time.
Nxtblg
Legendary

Activity: 924

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2016, 04:55:13 PM

If you are really looking to find a scam, the elephant in the room is Dash.

Yes, it is. "DASH = SCAM" is an altcoineer tradition. And the tradition continues. Smiley

Funny, though: the instamine happened - idk, two years ago? And how much X11Coin/Darkcoin/DASH has been redistributed through the exchanges since then ?  Huh

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

azguard
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1001

Crypto-News.net: News from Crypto World

View Profile
March 08, 2016, 05:32:24 PM

I'll trust your honesty. 

With the recent Pump i think Ethereum will be on the Top.
IMO the crypto coins are increasing at an alarming rate and solely because it could be manipulated pretty easily by a couple of people,either be it Dev's or Whales and the majority will lose money as they are so impressed by traders or miners making money while they get in at the wrong time.

in last few weeks in true ethereum is most obvious scam on top
i must say i read a lot here and every 3-4 tread is scam on eth not good

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
          ▄██████████████████▄
       ▄████████████████████████▄
 ▄▄  ▄████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████████▄
 ▀▀█████████████████████████████████▄
   ██████████████████████████████████
   ▀████████████████████████████████▀
    ▀██████████████████████████████▀
     ▀▀██████████████████████████▀
        ▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀

Sark

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 08, 2016, 06:19:05 PM

I'm just looking for reputable top 10 coins that were put there by the smart money, but are covered in FUD.

This would be Ethereum. They had a crowdsale pre-mine, so many here think it is a scam. It also has turned into somewhat of a competitor to Bitcoin, so that also breeds a lot of hate here.
Y0GI

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 08, 2016, 06:25:44 PM

Darkcoin aka dash
vlom
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1113

View Profile
March 08, 2016, 07:53:21 PM

why do you all say ETH is a scam?

price may be manipulated thats true.

but did they steam any money from someone?
or did they promise something and did not deliver?

TPTB_need_war

View Profile
March 08, 2016, 09:11:27 PM

but did they steal any money from someone?

Probably.

or did they promise something and did not deliver?

Absolutely! $18 million wasted, and no hope in sight of making the block chain scale for actual adoption.

TPTB_need_war

View Profile
March 08, 2016, 09:20:58 PM
Last edit: March 08, 2016, 09:37:56 PM by TPTB_need_war

Did you guys forget to vote? MaidSafe, Factom, Bitshares, and Ethereum are less scammy than Monero according to this poll:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1391752.0

I hope you all realize that Factom is a complete farce.

generalizethis
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036

Facts are more efficient than fud

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2016, 09:34:15 PM

Given its long history and the amount and distinction of the people that have labeled it a scam, Bitcoin should be running away with any poll of which crypto gets the most scam accusations.  

Now, if we were voting on biggest scam, the poll would be correct with dash in the lead. Though maybe it's a poll of our altcoin myopia?

TPTB_need_war

View Profile
March 08, 2016, 09:35:27 PM

Now, if we were voting on biggest scam, the poll would be correct with dash in the lead.

Biggest would be Ethereum. Dash is a minnow compared to the ETH.

It is hilarious that Monero supporters hate Dash so much, they waste their vote on Dash and allow Ethereum to be less scammy than Monero in the poll. Emotions run hotter than strategic logic.

ArticMine
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1050

Monero Core Team

View Profile
March 08, 2016, 09:36:38 PM

Now, if we were voting on biggest scam, the poll would be correct with dash in the lead.

I agree and have voted accordingly.

Concerned that blockchain bloat will lead to centralization? Storing less than 4 GB of data once required the budget of a superpower and a warehouse full of punched cards. https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/87/IBM_card_storage.NARA.jpg https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Punched_card
generalizethis
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036

Facts are more efficient than fud

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2016, 09:44:34 PM

It is hilarious that Monero supporters hate Dash so much, they waste their vote on Dash and allow Ethereum to be less scammy than Monero in the poll. Emotions run hotter than strategic logic.

Eth's probably more cult of personality+misplaced expectations than a scam. I'm sure Custard thought he could beat a few Lakota and Cheyenne.

ArticMine
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1050

Monero Core Team

View Profile
March 08, 2016, 09:59:07 PM

It is also a question of familiarity. Many people would not vote for example for Factum simply because they haven't spent the time to analyze it. All I know about it is that it is highly centralized. that is enough for one to eliminate it as a possible investment. It also means I would not spend any further time investigating it. My approach to Ethereum was similar. After I saw the pictures of spinning diamonds in their lavish marketing campaign that was enough for me to say no. So why spend the effort to investigate it in detail?

I would say many Moenro supporters would list Bytecoin at the top of the scam list on the basis of an 82% premine disguised as an 82% ninjamine. Dash has attracted a lot of attention among Monero supporters because at one point it was seen as direct competitor to Monero, so one spends the time on the competition. I must say that by any objective measure of scamminess Dash does not come close to been first on the list.

Concerned that blockchain bloat will lead to centralization? Storing less than 4 GB of data once required the budget of a superpower and a warehouse full of punched cards. https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/87/IBM_card_storage.NARA.jpg https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Punched_card
explorer
Legendary

Activity: 2016
Merit: 1259

View Profile
March 08, 2016, 10:02:31 PM

It cannot possibly be other than BTC,  as it is the only one known outside of the crypto community.  Untold numbers of people that do not even know that there IS a crypto community call BTC a scam.  So much for logic.  Of course, a poll like this is intended to do nothing but stir the pot, and as we see, has had moderate success in doing so.  A poll asking what people believe to be a scam would be more to the point, and of course most here didn't read this one correctly, and took it for such.
TPTB_need_war

View Profile
March 08, 2016, 10:04:06 PM

explorer, everyone figured out what the poll should have asked and answered based on what it should ask. We humans are very smart and adaptable.

ArticMine, very well written and solid points. Thanks.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: