Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 03:11:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][slock.it][Company] IoT meets blockchain - A TheDAO proposal  (Read 66142 times)
samspaces
Legendary

Activity: 1453
Merit: 1030

View Profile
May 06, 2016, 06:13:09 PM

When this bubble pops, some people are going to be very pissed off. Wouldn't want to be at the top of the tech-ponzi.
iambitcoin5

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 06, 2016, 06:13:51 PM

Gotta jump in this before end of May.

Petersen

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 06, 2016, 06:19:58 PM

People who bought Eth during ICO (~30 Cents) invested heavily in DAO in the first few days. For the rest of us,  Eth now is at 9.7 $ which is very expensive.

Relatively 1eth = 10$ so

100 DAO = 10$

1 DAO = 10 cents

Smiley

You could be saying the same about DAO tokens in the future.

It's like a loop Cheesy

probably one single DAO token is not really expensive
CjMapope
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1092

~Full-Time Minter since 2016~

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2016, 06:20:14 PM

When this bubble pops, some people are going to be very pissed off. Wouldn't want to be at the top of the tech-ponzi.

EXACTLY. here i thought i was the only one seeing this "ICO bubble"  ;p

wonder if the btc halving price will cause it as everyone scrambles to dump all their random tokens for BTC Grin

~Got this girl in my bed, a roof over my head, i mint a couple coins a week, and thats how i make bread~
~On the 12th day of Hatzvah, OGminer said to me: "compute root of the merkle hash tree!"~
Prohashing  -- Simply the best Multipool!
WastedLTC

Activity: 776
Merit: 536

View Profile
May 06, 2016, 08:26:16 PM

People who bought Eth during ICO (~30 Cents) invested heavily in DAO in the first few days. For the rest of us,  Eth now is at 9.7 $ which is very expensive.

Talking about ICO holders is ridiculous when we had to give up our BTC a year prior.   After they came on the market price dropped well under a dollar and sat there.   That was only months ago.   Anyone could have purchased more ETH then and would be outside of this ICO group everyone keeps talking about.

Stop living in the past.   Deciding to hold a 10$ ETH is the same as willing to buy a 10$ ETH.  If not, we wouldn't hold.  We would sell.

I'm over everyone complaining that the original ETH group controls everything.  That's just not true and many of the crew from Ethereum spent a year and thier own funds building the damn thing without ANY promise of payment.     Please keep these things in perspective and treat each opportunity as that, an opportunity which you would like to participate or not.
cryptodv

Activity: 1092
Merit: 507

btcstakes.com

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2016, 08:38:54 PM

I sent all my ICO ether to the DAO. From the looks of it, I'm happy I did it.  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

▄▄                                  ▄▄
 ███▄                            ▄███
  ██████                      ██████
   ███████                  ███████
    ███████                ███████
     ███████              ███████
      ███████            ███████
       ███████▄▄      ▄▄███████
        ██████████████████████
         ████████████████████
          ██████████████████
           ████████████████
            ██████████████
             ███████████
              █████████
               ███████
                █████
                 ██
                  █
veil|     PRIVACY     
     WITHOUT COMPROMISE.       
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
|   NO ICO. NO PREMINE. 
   X16RT GPU Mining. Fair distribution.   
|      The first Zerocoin-based Cryptocurrency       
   WITH ALWAYS-ON PRIVACY.   
|

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄███████
   ████████
   ███▀
   ███
██████████
██████████
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███

▄▄█▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀█▄▄
   ▐██▄▄██████████████▄▄██▌
   ████████████████████████
  ▐████████████████████████▌
  ███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
 ▐██████     ████     ██████▌
 ███████     ████     ███████
▐████████▄▄▄██████▄▄▄████████▌
▐████████████████████████████▌
 █████▄▄▀▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀▄▄█████
  ▀▀██████          ██████▀▀
      ▀▀▀            ▀▀▀
mtnsaa
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 06, 2016, 09:04:40 PM

Talking about ICO holders is ridiculous when we had to give up our BTC a year prior.   After they came on the market price dropped well under a dollar and sat there.   That was only months ago.   Anyone could have purchased more ETH then and would be outside of this ICO group everyone keeps talking about.

Stop living in the past.   Deciding to hold a 10$ ETH is the same as willing to buy a 10$ ETH.  If not, we wouldn't hold.  We would sell.

I'm over everyone complaining that the original ETH group controls everything.  That's just not true and many of the crew from Ethereum spent a year and thier own funds building the damn thing without ANY promise of payment.     Please keep these things in perspective and treat each opportunity as that, an opportunity which you would like to participate or not.

Completely agree, I'm sure that many sold all the way up if they hold a substancial amount (hell, even Vitalik did). Ethereum exploded and there's no way back to $0.20 or similar prices. Even with such sharp drops lately the price never went below $7-8 I think and it's currently above $9. I also doubt it will go very low because of stake quantities, if it goes to $2-3 it would be very cheap to get 1500 ETH or similar.
bkeenan

Activity: 64

View Profile
May 07, 2016, 03:19:14 PM

Are you 12? Roll Eyes
bitbitch

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 07, 2016, 03:45:01 PM

isn't ETH price going to collapse when this DAO closes?
Roidz

Activity: 1386

1XBit.com

View Profile
May 07, 2016, 06:39:11 PM

mm i have the same doubt  Huh i hope no

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
1xBit.com  Super Six 
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
6 BTC PRIZE POOL
TAKE PART
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
mtnsaa
Legendary

Activity: 1568

View Profile
May 07, 2016, 06:44:19 PM

mm i have the same doubt  Huh i hope no

No one really knows anything anymore, price of ETH, BTC, DAO and many other altcoins can really go either way. Many thought that 2016 would be the year BTC would go mainstream (many predicted that BTC would be above $1000 by this time already) but I think there's an abundance of doubt and skepticism above anything else.

I personally feel decentralization and cryptocurrency still is 25 years ahead (if not more) from the mainstream and established institutions. And for any of these projects to be successful you need one or the other (or both of course!).
Thereisnospoon

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

BIG AIRDROP: t.me/otppaychat

View Profile
May 07, 2016, 07:45:32 PM

I have a question though...

If the point is to 'get rid of the middleman' in the services such as AirBnb, etc. then isn't Slock a new middleman?  It's just a decentralized one, but at the end of the day, it's still a middle entity. 

The only advantage to this is if we lose trust in centralized entities.  But there's still going to be a fee for transactions, otherwise no one would bother investing into these slocks.  My point is, for many of the applications like renting and selling, we already have a lot of trust in the centralized providers.  The place where people lack trust is in the banks and financial institutions, but even there, most people who have the problem are conspiracy theorists.  I keep most of my money in the bank.  It's bitcoin and cryptocurrency that are in fact much more dangerous.  If you don't store it properly you can get hacked, stolen, etc.  But with a bank, that's all taken care of.  I live in the US, so unless you're a loony nut who thinks the world is going to collapse, your money is fairly safe in a bank, under $250k. 

So really why do we want to get rid of AirBnb?  Is a decentralized system really better?  And will it actually cost less?

Nonetheless, I will be investing in this for short term profit.  I'm sure it will moon, but most people don't really care about the real world application.

I think of it this way. When Email appeared people probably were asking the same question: Why do we need this, we already have a letter box and postman-everything works just fine...I guess it's all about speed and cost  of contract creation and execution+security and automatic disputes settlements etc.Accountants ,lawyers and bankers would become obsolete in a such system .Although it will take many years if at all because of such system complexity to get there but I would love it Grin 

And on the subject of keeping your assets in a Bank, well simply  you don't own them because they are not in your custody and you rely on trust and promises that you will be covered under £250k or any other amount  they promise. However in a real live promises can and are broken... and when that happens people want to turn a clock back and take some actions unfortunately it is not possible. And to find out  how banks "take care"  of your money you just need too look at the history-they do care until they have "problems" and when that happens-you are the one who is paying for it .By the way banks also are hacked and personal information and money are stolen on everyday basis and on the massive scale. Just guess what would happen in a real SHTF scenario...   
So there is a lot of room for system improvement and block chain technologies doing exactly this.

This answer doesn't address coinbiz' issues. Why would we need a decentralised middleman? In the end, we have a middleman again. By the way, with a decentralised one, there's no support desk whatsoever. And there are plenty of things that can go wrong with 'smart' contracts.

As for 'owning' stuff, that's all just custody until we are gone. And keeping funds solely decentralised raises the same issue as above. Who is going to mediate disputes? No sir, everything is not all that utopic, it seems.

Oh, by the way coinbiz, this is from the DAO participation terms.
..."represent and warrant that you are not exchanging cryptocurrencies for The DAO tokens for the purpose of speculative investment;"

Guess you can't join. Wink
I agree with many of your points just consumer laws are already in place-can't see how it can be different from any other businesses we do online.  I think block chain evolves and will keep doing so.Sadly right people or  the right money can hijack and centralise any decentralised system-hope in time it will develop resistance.

▄███▄
           ▄██▀▀█▀▀██▄
         ▄███▄  █  ▄███▄
       ▄██▀ █▀█▄█▄█▀█ ▀██▄
      ██▀  █  ▄███▄  █  ▀██
     ██    █▄█▀ █ ▀█▄█    ██
    ██▀▀▀▀▄██ ▄▀ ▀▄ ██▄▀▀▀▀██
   ██ █  █▀ ▄█▄▄▄▄▄█▄ ▀█  █ ██
  ██   ██ ▄█▀█     █▀█▄ ██   ██
  ██ ▄▄███▀   █   █   ▀███▄▄ ██
 ██▄█▀▀█▀▀█▄▄▄▄█▄█▄▄▄▄█▀▀█▀▀█▄██
 ██▀  █ ▄██▄   ▄█▄   ▄██▄ █  ▀██
██▄▄▄ ██   █ ▄█▀█▀█▄ █   ██ ▄▄▄██
██   ███▄▄▄██▀  █  ▀██ ▄▄███   ██
██ ▄█▀█   ██▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄██   █▀█▄ ██
███▀  █ ▄█▀█   ▄█▄   █▀█▄ █  ▀███
 ▀██▄▄██▀   █ ▄▀ ▀▄ █   ▀██▄▄██▀
    ▀███▄▄  █▄█   █▄█  ▄▄███▀
       ▀▀███████████████▀▀
OTPPAY

VladimirAmfodent

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 07, 2016, 08:43:41 PM

Holy Moly we are at almost 24 million $ and it is growing
chickenfried12
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1003

View Profile
May 07, 2016, 08:54:42 PM

Prolly going to be $50 Million ++ Crowdsale.. Amazing
maxraj

Activity: 52

View Profile
May 08, 2016, 07:43:54 AM

New to DAO, so may be asking a silly question: is eth DAO different from DigixDAO (DGD) that can be seen on Coinmarketcap ?
bitbitch

Activity: 434

View Profile
May 08, 2016, 08:30:36 AM

New to DAO, so may be asking a silly question: is eth DAO different from DigixDAO (DGD) that can be seen on Coinmarketcap ?

a DAO is a type of 'company' structure. an LLC is a type of company structure. there are many LLCs. there will be many DAOs. Digix is one, and "eth DAO" (do you mean the Slock?) is another. they are both DAOs, but they have no legal connection to each other. the future prospects of one should not be assessed based on the perceived success of another. i think that may help you, but your question was slightly ambiguous.
nikster

Activity: 122
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 08, 2016, 09:47:36 AM

I want to thank bittrex for their dao wallet!
nice work, very easy to use Smiley

tnx richie
maxraj

Activity: 52

View Profile
May 08, 2016, 10:06:36 AM

a DAO is a type of 'company' structure. an LLC is a type of company structure. there are many LLCs. there will be many DAOs. Digix is one, and "eth DAO" (do you mean the Slock?) is another. they are both DAOs, but they have no legal connection to each other. the future prospects of one should not be assessed based on the perceived success of another. i think that may help you, but your question was slightly ambiguous.

Thanks a lot buddy, yep i was referring to Slock and now I get a bit clearer picture about DAO  Smiley
Hollowman338
Legendary

Activity: 1246

View Profile
May 08, 2016, 01:36:14 PM

DAO now has 3.5% of the current ETH coin supply.

The bubble edge approaches the needle point
mammut

Activity: 115

View Profile
May 08, 2016, 05:21:07 PM

Those talking about a bubble in this ICO did not understand anything.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 »
  Print  

Jump to: