Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 03:23:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][slock.it][Company] IoT meets blockchain - A TheDAO proposal  (Read 66142 times)
Thereisnospoon

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

BIG AIRDROP: t.me/otppaychat

View Profile
May 09, 2016, 10:21:08 PM

Don't know if I understand  DAO right .Will lDAO in any way be a financing source for new projects/contrast? 

well it's hard to explain. you would have to read all the documentation found in this thread on the DAO and what it is.
but basically their gonna take your money and ... somehow make the tokens they sell us worth more... and then...
well idk, i dont fully understand it myself, but i mean it's built on ETH , that's the trademark isn't it? Grin

I've red documentation and I can't grasp it fully. The reason I've asked because I've had an outlandish vision that DAO could become a decentralised( or any other buzzword) platform as basket of indices on Wall street  Smiley I's a shame I don't get tis DAO to connect all dots .Well ,not all but at lest a bit more.

▄███▄
           ▄██▀▀█▀▀██▄
         ▄███▄  █  ▄███▄
       ▄██▀ █▀█▄█▄█▀█ ▀██▄
      ██▀  █  ▄███▄  █  ▀██
     ██    █▄█▀ █ ▀█▄█    ██
    ██▀▀▀▀▄██ ▄▀ ▀▄ ██▄▀▀▀▀██
   ██ █  █▀ ▄█▄▄▄▄▄█▄ ▀█  █ ██
  ██   ██ ▄█▀█     █▀█▄ ██   ██
  ██ ▄▄███▀   █   █   ▀███▄▄ ██
 ██▄█▀▀█▀▀█▄▄▄▄█▄█▄▄▄▄█▀▀█▀▀█▄██
 ██▀  █ ▄██▄   ▄█▄   ▄██▄ █  ▀██
██▄▄▄ ██   █ ▄█▀█▀█▄ █   ██ ▄▄▄██
██   ███▄▄▄██▀  █  ▀██ ▄▄███   ██
██ ▄█▀█   ██▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄██   █▀█▄ ██
███▀  █ ▄█▀█   ▄█▄   █▀█▄ █  ▀███
 ▀██▄▄██▀   █ ▄▀ ▀▄ █   ▀██▄▄██▀
    ▀███▄▄  █▄█   █▄█  ▄▄███▀
       ▀▀███████████████▀▀
OTPPAY

AleScamHole

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

Don't you looooooove how offensive my name sounds?

View Profile
May 09, 2016, 10:24:53 PM

Don't know if I understand  DAO right .Will lDAO in any way be a financing source for new projects/contrast? 

well it's hard to explain. you would have to read all the documentation found in this thread on the DAO and what it is.
but basically their gonna take your money and ... somehow make the tokens they sell us worth more... and then...
well idk, i dont fully understand it myself, but i mean it's built on ETH , that's the trademark isn't it? Grin

I've red documentation and I can't grasp it fully. The reason I've asked because I've had an outlandish vision that DAO could become a decentralised( or any other buzzword) platform as basket of indices on Wall street  Smiley I's a shame I don't get tis DAO to connect all dots .Well ,not all but at lest a bit more.

well it maybe could.  i guess absolutely anything that the words  "DECENTRALIZED AUTONOMOUS ORGANIZATION" brings to mind could be what          "the dao will do" . it's a crazy ambitious project.
for me i won't worry about what it does , ill treat the token as i do all ETH tokens, as a trading coin. cause that's all their is to do with them all FOR NOW. this will be the same, trust me you will have atleast a year to understand what the dao is, as it will be atleast that long till it actually comes to a head .
Thereisnospoon

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

BIG AIRDROP: t.me/otppaychat

View Profile
May 09, 2016, 10:55:58 PM

well it maybe could.  i guess absolutely anything that the words  "DECENTRALIZED AUTONOMOUS ORGANIZATION" brings to mind could be what          "the dao will do" . it's a crazy ambitious project.
for me i won't worry about what it does , ill treat the token as i do all ETH tokens, as a trading coin. cause that's all their is to do with them all FOR NOW. this will be the same, trust me you will have atleast a year to understand what the dao is, as it will be atleast that long till it actually comes to a head .

Very crazy project indeed.I just trying to figure out risk/reward ratio and take into account the potential of idea to survive and to progress.

▄███▄
           ▄██▀▀█▀▀██▄
         ▄███▄  █  ▄███▄
       ▄██▀ █▀█▄█▄█▀█ ▀██▄
      ██▀  █  ▄███▄  █  ▀██
     ██    █▄█▀ █ ▀█▄█    ██
    ██▀▀▀▀▄██ ▄▀ ▀▄ ██▄▀▀▀▀██
   ██ █  █▀ ▄█▄▄▄▄▄█▄ ▀█  █ ██
  ██   ██ ▄█▀█     █▀█▄ ██   ██
  ██ ▄▄███▀   █   █   ▀███▄▄ ██
 ██▄█▀▀█▀▀█▄▄▄▄█▄█▄▄▄▄█▀▀█▀▀█▄██
 ██▀  █ ▄██▄   ▄█▄   ▄██▄ █  ▀██
██▄▄▄ ██   █ ▄█▀█▀█▄ █   ██ ▄▄▄██
██   ███▄▄▄██▀  █  ▀██ ▄▄███   ██
██ ▄█▀█   ██▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄██   █▀█▄ ██
███▀  █ ▄█▀█   ▄█▄   █▀█▄ █  ▀███
 ▀██▄▄██▀   █ ▄▀ ▀▄ █   ▀██▄▄██▀
    ▀███▄▄  █▄█   █▄█  ▄▄███▀
       ▀▀███████████████▀▀
OTPPAY

bitbitch

Activity: 434

View Profile
May 10, 2016, 06:09:46 AM

I think about buying some of this coin. Do you believe it is too early?

4 Days left until the price increase. Then it goes to 1.5 eth = 100 DAO. Right now it's 1 eth = 100 DAO.

not so. in four days time the price begins to increase by 0.05 for each new day thereafter until it levels off at 1.5 ETH/ 100 tokens for the final four days.

i still don't see where i'm making money from this project if i invest. any clues?
bitbitch

View Profile
May 10, 2016, 06:11:28 AM

are you inv....donating to this?
AleScamHole

View Profile
May 10, 2016, 06:14:22 AM

in all honesty, so far i am not.
it's oversold to say the least
 there's a SHITPILE of tokens
it's looking centralized so far
and i am not a fan of having my btc locked for minimum 6+months. i will have the DAO tokens yes, but i don't wanna be forced to sell them IF btc hits  600+ ;p
so not really one for my personal portfolio
bitbitch

View Profile
May 10, 2016, 06:48:20 AM

and i am not a fan of having my btc locked for minimum 6+months. i will have the DAO tokens yes, but i don't wanna be forced to sell them IF btc hits  600+ ;p

thanks. i agree with everything you've written, and there are so many variable factors that can influence the way this plays out over time. it's difficult to model/ impossible to model outcomes.
AleScamHole

View Profile
May 10, 2016, 06:58:52 AM

thanks. i agree with everything you've written, and there are so many variable factors that can influence the way this plays out over time. it's difficult to model/ impossible to model outcomes.

well exactly ;\

no each person should just figure out what works best for their own personal investment style and portfolio.

best of luck to you, thx for some intelligent convo! Grin
mladen00
Legendary

Activity: 2124
Merit: 1013

K-ing®

View Profile
May 10, 2016, 07:06:52 AM

this project have big media attention (even outside crypto community),
so it has everything for success

IOTA
tomkat

Activity: 1022
Merit: 507

View Profile
May 10, 2016, 07:29:24 AM

4 Days left until the price increase. Then it goes to 1.5 eth = 100 DAO. Right now it's 1 eth = 100 DAO.

not so. in four days time the price begins to increase by 0.05 for each new day thereafter until it levels off at 1.5 ETH/ 100 tokens for the final four days.

i still don't see where i'm making money from this project if i invest. any clues?

I have a problem with this too. It looks rather like an investing fund; ie. collects ETH and then distributes to other projects. After all, anyone could actually set up a smart contract that will act as a container for the funds of a project ICO. Is there any difference with DAO? It actually looks like a middleman, making it little more centralized in decentralized world.
bitbitch

View Profile
May 10, 2016, 07:40:37 AM

I have a problem with this too. It looks rather like an investing fund; ie. collects ETH and then distributes to other projects. After all, anyone could actually set up a smart contract that will act as a container for the funds of a project ICO. Is there any difference with DAO? It actually looks like a middleman, making it little more centralized in decentralized world.

it seems to me that if i invest in this i'm becoming an LP in a venture fund, but it's got the potential for chaos. there's no investment thesis. what do we do, hack the email accounts of well known and successful tech VCs and hijack their deals?
zmhaha

Activity: 260

View Profile
May 10, 2016, 08:02:56 AM

well exactly ;\

no each person should just figure out what works best for their own personal investment style and portfolio.

Guys, don't forget that you can get out of the DAO by splitting the DAO after the crowd funding ends, after 28 days. So essentially you are not risking a great thing. If you don't like the price when this thing launches, you just split it and get your 1 ETH for 100 DAOs. You will probably even make a buck or two since there will be people that will invest for 1.5 ETH for 100 DAOs. Of course, I can't guarantee that ETH price won't plunge as well compared to BTC.

In a sense, this is a first fair crowd funding ever in crypto. Absolutely no premine and you can get your money back (Ethers) when crowd funding completes. Don't forget a little risk that ETH price might plunge comparing to Bitcoin!

Above reasons are enough for me to give a shoot to this thing!

Good luck to us all anyways! Smiley
bitbitch

View Profile
May 10, 2016, 08:23:00 AM
Last edit: May 10, 2016, 08:38:42 AM by bitbitch

Don't know if I understand  DAO right .Will lDAO in any way be a financing source for new projects/contrast?  

I've red documentation and I can't grasp it fully. The reason I've asked because I've had an outlandish vision that DAO could become a decentralised( or any other buzzword) platform as basket of indices on Wall street  Smiley I's a shame I don't get tis DAO to connect all dots .Well ,not all but at lest a bit more.

well it maybe could.  i guess absolutely anything that the words  "DECENTRALIZED AUTONOMOUS ORGANIZATION" brings to mind could be what          "the dao will do" . it's a crazy ambitious project.

and i am not a fan of having my btc locked for minimum 6+months. i will have the DAO tokens yes, but i don't wanna be forced to sell them IF btc hits  600+ ;p

well exactly ;\

Guys, don't forget that you can get out of the DAO by splitting the DAO after the crowd funding ends, after 28 days. So essentially you are not risking a great thing. If you don't like the price when this thing launches, you just split it and get your 1 ETH for 100 DAOs. You will probably even make a buck or two since there will be people that will invest for 1.5 ETH for 100 DAOs. Of course, I can't guarantee that ETH price won't plunge as well compared to BTC.

In a sense, this is a first fair crowd funding ever in crypto. Absolutely no premine and you can get your money back (Ethers) when crowd funding completes. Don't forget a little risk that ETH price might plunge comparing to Bitcoin!

when the DAO sale closes buy demand for ETH will weaken and the price of ETH will fall back to its pre DAO price. anyone who bought ETH during the DAO sale to fund the purchase of DAO tokens will be looking at an immediate loss if they split. if they stay in they are nursing a paper loss for an unknown period of time with their coin locked in...and during the halving. only those who bought DAO tokens with ICO ETH can split and not lose money.

ETH was trading at $7+, and then shot up to $9+ when the DAO sale opened.

unless an investor has very deep pockets and can buy a substantial number of DAO tokens then he or she is going to find themselves a back seat passenger along for the ride with no influence over where things are going. he or she could decide to split, but at what cost (the ETH price at that time)?
zmhaha

Activity: 260

View Profile
May 10, 2016, 09:37:22 AM

Don't know if I understand  DAO right .Will lDAO in any way be a financing source for new projects/contrast?  

I've red documentation and I can't grasp it fully. The reason I've asked because I've had an outlandish vision that DAO could become a decentralised( or any other buzzword) platform as basket of indices on Wall street  Smiley I's a shame I don't get tis DAO to connect all dots .Well ,not all but at lest a bit more.

well it maybe could.  i guess absolutely anything that the words  "DECENTRALIZED AUTONOMOUS ORGANIZATION" brings to mind could be what          "the dao will do" . it's a crazy ambitious project.

and i am not a fan of having my btc locked for minimum 6+months. i will have the DAO tokens yes, but i don't wanna be forced to sell them IF btc hits  600+ ;p

well exactly ;\

when the DAO sale closes buy demand for ETH will weaken and the price of ETH will fall back to its pre DAO price. anyone who bought ETH during the DAO sale to fund the purchase of DAO tokens will be looking at an immediate loss if they split. if they stay in they are nursing a paper loss for an unknown period of time with their coin locked in...and during the halving. only those who bought DAO tokens with ICO ETH can split and not lose money.

unless an investor has very deep pockets and can buy a substantial number of DAO tokens then he or she is going to find themselves a back seat passenger along for the ride with no influence over where things are going. he or she could decide to split, but at what cost (the ETH price at that time)?

I don't care since I have put 100 ETH into DAO that I bought in January when prices of 1 ETH were sub $1. Granted, this was about 2 BTCs worth of Ethereum at the moment of locking ETH for the DAO.

Furthermore, you are already assuming that the Ethereum price will go down surely around June 1st. Why are you so sure? One good piece of news in the next 3 weeks and the price can shoot up to 0.025. Then again one bad news and the price can head the other direction, but welcome to the world of investing since this would be nothing buy a pure speculation.

And another thing, I am about 98% sure that the alleged BTC halving pump will never happen. We are about 2 months from halving and the price is not moving at all. The block size consensus is at the dead lock and I am ready to bet anything that the halving is already priced in.

Disclaimer: I own a nice amount of BTC and ETH, about 50-50 ratio and I would like to see a Bitcoin halving pump, and ever since December - January I believed that this pump will happen surely, buy mate it's already May 10th. I have lost my faith of this pump, plain and simple.
bitbitch

View Profile
May 10, 2016, 09:57:23 AM

well exactly ;\

I don't care since I have put 100 ETH into DAO that I bought in January when prices of 1 ETH were sub $1. Granted, this was about 2 BTCs worth of Ethereum at the moment of locking ETH for the DAO.

Furthermore, you are already assuming that the Ethereum price will go down surely around June 1st. Why are you so sure? One good piece of news in the next 3 weeks and the price can shoot up to 0.025. Then again one bad news and the price can head the other direction, but welcome to the world of investing since this would be nothing buy a pure speculation.

And another thing, I am about 98% sure that the alleged BTC halving pump will never happen. We are about 2 months from halving and the price is not moving at all. The block size consensus is at the dead lock and I am ready to bet anything that the halving is already priced in.

Disclaimer: I own a nice amount of BTC and ETH, about 50-50 ratio and I would like to see a Bitcoin halving pump, and ever since December - January I believed that this pump will happen surely, buy mate it's already May 10th. I have lost my faith of this pump, plain and simple.

your position means you don't need to care, but other people may not have your position and therefore their analysis of the DAO as an investment needs to be thought through very carefully. buying ETH at $9+ to fund their DAO purchase is a completely other proposition to funding DAO with ETH at ICO, or $1, or $2 prices.

unless another ICO launches in early June requiring ETH the price of ETH will fall. the spike in ETH's price at the beginning of May when the DAO opened was not a coincidence. it was clearly causal.
bcmine

Activity: 1014
Merit: 1055

View Profile
May 10, 2016, 10:07:29 AM

this project have big media attention (even outside crypto community),
so it has everything for success

dont know if thats the key. media goes today here and tomorrow there and then report again about how it did not work. thats live ,  so s media attention and saying nothing about success or burning.
jambo110
Legendary

Activity: 1311
Merit: 1003

View Profile
May 10, 2016, 10:52:51 AM

You gotta be in it to win it.

Wink
mtnsaa
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 10, 2016, 03:06:24 PM

Many here are discussing and speculating that ETH will drop in price after DAO and that's fine and all but really, the DAO is a very nice concept with huge potential considering slock.it. We don't really know for sure how both the DAO tokens and ETH value will behave, if many millions of USD will be split back to ETH before the proposal (making the DAO tokens more scarce and therefore more valuable but hurting the proposals). I tend to agree that many people who bought at $9 just to get in on DAO won't be seeing many benefits in the short term.

But you all have to keep in mind that many invest BTC and some weeks ago BTC was around $430-440, Ethereum price had a quick drop from $14-15 to below $10 but other than that it had remained pretty stable and always aligned and adjusted to BTC fluctuations.
bcmine

Activity: 1014
Merit: 1055

View Profile
May 10, 2016, 06:52:19 PM

Many here are discussing and speculating that ETH will drop in price after DAO and that's fine and all but really, the DAO is a very nice concept with huge potential considering slock.it. We don't really know for sure how both the DAO tokens and ETH value will behave, if many millions of USD will be split back to ETH before the proposal (making the DAO tokens more scarce and therefore more valuable but hurting the proposals). I tend to agree that many people who bought at $9 just to get in on DAO won't be seeing many benefits in the short term.

But you all have to keep in mind that many invest BTC and some weeks ago BTC was around $430-440, Ethereum price had a quick drop from $14-15 to below $10 but other than that it had remained pretty stable and always aligned and adjusted to BTC fluctuations.

I think some still dont understand, DAO is not a cryptocurrency. Its a token (a share) of a fin-tech company distributed by the coin ethereum. Its an assett not a coin. You cant pay with it.

You did well.
bitbitch

View Profile
May 10, 2016, 07:45:59 PM

most people have by now probably decided whether they are in or out. personally i'm almost certainly out.

i wonder how long people who are in think it may take to see a tangible return on their investment?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 »
  Print  

Jump to: