Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 03:31:59 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][slock.it][Company] IoT meets blockchain - A TheDAO proposal  (Read 66142 times)
bones261
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1827

View Profile
May 29, 2016, 03:05:02 AM

Whats next? I'm still holding my DAOs since i don't know what to do with it. which mist wallet is easy to install by the way? I wanna move them to my hard drive.

This is a pretty good guide. https://github.com/slockit/DAO/wiki/Watching-the-DAO-contract-in-Mist After installing the wallet and watching the token and contract, you can send the DAO direct to your ETH address. Please note that  the latest Mist wallet (version 0.7.4)has a bug so you can not copy from it and paste elsewhere unless you select all. You can try 0.7.2, but I think that has a security flaw...
Also note that the watch tokens balance will be higher than your balance, because people sent DAO direct to the DAO contract address by mistake. SO ATM they are everyone's shared DAOtokens. To see your actual DAO balance just click on your account. Also, send a small amount of ETH to your wallet too. You will need some ETH to pay for the gas if you want to vote or send any tokens.
Thereisnospoon

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

BIG AIRDROP: t.me/otppaychat

View Profile
May 29, 2016, 06:08:27 AM

Does anyone have the same issue?
When I "Watch" DAO tokens my Mist stops synchronising. When I "Unwatch" it it synchronises as normal again . Repeated it many times along with restarting and reinstalling the wallet.Can't move my tokens anywher and nobody from Etherium is bothered to fix this wallet issue.
How Etherium manages to mantain high profile not being able to provide essential functions Huh
And how DAO is going to survive then?

▄███▄
           ▄██▀▀█▀▀██▄
         ▄███▄  █  ▄███▄
       ▄██▀ █▀█▄█▄█▀█ ▀██▄
      ██▀  █  ▄███▄  █  ▀██
     ██    █▄█▀ █ ▀█▄█    ██
    ██▀▀▀▀▄██ ▄▀ ▀▄ ██▄▀▀▀▀██
   ██ █  █▀ ▄█▄▄▄▄▄█▄ ▀█  █ ██
  ██   ██ ▄█▀█     █▀█▄ ██   ██
  ██ ▄▄███▀   █   █   ▀███▄▄ ██
 ██▄█▀▀█▀▀█▄▄▄▄█▄█▄▄▄▄█▀▀█▀▀█▄██
 ██▀  █ ▄██▄   ▄█▄   ▄██▄ █  ▀██
██▄▄▄ ██   █ ▄█▀█▀█▄ █   ██ ▄▄▄██
██   ███▄▄▄██▀  █  ▀██ ▄▄███   ██
██ ▄█▀█   ██▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄██   █▀█▄ ██
███▀  █ ▄█▀█   ▄█▄   █▀█▄ █  ▀███
 ▀██▄▄██▀   █ ▄▀ ▀▄ █   ▀██▄▄██▀
    ▀███▄▄  █▄█   █▄█  ▄▄███▀
       ▀▀███████████████▀▀
OTPPAY

bones261
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1827

View Profile
May 29, 2016, 06:46:15 AM

Does anyone have the same issue?
When I "Watch" DAO tokens my Mist stops synchronising. When I "Unwatch" it it synchronises as normal again . Repeated it many times along with restarting and reinstalling the wallet.Can't move my tokens anywher and nobody from Etherium is bothered to fix this wallet issue.
How Etherium manages to mantain high profile not being able to provide essential functions Huh
And how DAO is going to survive then?

The only solution that I was able to glean from the forum is to switch to myetherwallet.com. I haven't done it yet, since I seemed to fix the issue you are having now by upgrading from 0.7.3 to 0.7.4. This is still as buggy as hell. I can't just highlight my ether address in 0.7.4 and copy and paste. I have to select all, then copy and paste to notebook. Also, I sent some tokens from Poloniex to my wallet, and the wallet states "transaction not executed", but the tokens are showing up in my account, and etherscan.io states everything went through fine.
To be honest, I never got into ethereum until I got lured into this DAO be seeing it on Bittrex a couple of weeks ago. I found it intimidating and confusing. I'm still confused. Huh
pekacoin

Activity: 658
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 29, 2016, 08:43:29 AM

Foex

Activity: 432
Merit: 250

Bitrated user: Foex.

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2016, 09:00:55 AM

Great to see, we can trade DAO through shapeshift

0xdB9A9D39B17F1223BF590a3F9D1FC7f2058eB111
ElitistCA

Activity: 477

Blockchain Just Entered The Real World

View Profile
May 29, 2016, 09:29:59 AM

DAO got so much funding only because ETH has YUUUGE market cap, which is based on speculation. ETH is not even usable now, there is no reason for such market cap, and there is no reason for DAO to be valued so high, there are no fundamentals to justify amount of money in ETH marketcap.

███████████████████████
     ███▄ ▄▄▄▄   ▄▄▄█▀▀  █████
    ███  █▀  ▀█▀▀▀       ▐█ ███
   ███  ▄██▄▄█▀▄▄▄        █▌ ███
  ███ ▄█▀  █     ▀█▄▄     ▐█  ▐██
 ███▄█▀    █        ▀█▄▄  ▄▄▄ ██
████▀      █           ▀██▀   ▀█ ██
 ██▀█▄     █          ▄█▀▀█▄▄▄█▀██
  ██ ▀█▄   █      ▄▄█▀▀    ▐█  ██
   ██  ▀█▄█▀▀█▄▄█▀▀        █▌ ██
    ███  █▄  ▄█▀█▄▄▄      █▌███
     ███  ▀▀▀▀     ▀▀▀█▄▄▐████
      ███████████████████████

▄▄       ▄▄▄        ▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄ 
  ▀█▄   ▄█▀ ▀█▄    ▄█▀ ▄█▀▀   ▀▀█▄
    ▀█▄█▀     ▀█▄▄█▀  ▐█         █▌
    ▄█▀█▄      ▄█▀    ▐█         █▌
  ▄█▀   ▀█▄  ▄█▀       █▄       ▄█
▄█▀       ▀██▀          ▀▀█▄▄▄█▀▀

Network
BLOCKCHAIN JUST ENTERED THE REAL WORLD
  Decentralized Crypto-Location Oracle Network
GET WHITELISTED FOR TOKEN SALE ( Limited )

WHITE PAPER  ││  ANN Thread  Telegram   Medium   Twitter   Reddit
Cryptozillah

Activity: 687
Merit: 502

View Profile
May 29, 2016, 09:47:05 AM

DAO got so much funding only because ETH has YUUUGE market cap, which is based on speculation. ETH is not even usable now, there is no reason for such market cap, and there is no reason for DAO to be valued so high, there are no fundamentals to justify amount of money in ETH marketcap.
Nothing about this token is "normal". This is the new "normal" in the making.
This is not a coin, it is more like a company share.

I am reading about some people in this thread writing about the "worst ICO ever". In my eyes this is something new and fresh and never done before. There are no POW, POS or some other bs, the tokens created until yesterday is the only coins that will EVER exist. People dumping their shares below ICO price must be really desperate and have no faith at all. You are not worthy holding the future of crypto in your hands.

People holding this token in a year or two will most likely be filthy rich.
Isolani159

Activity: 478
Merit: 252

View Profile
May 29, 2016, 10:01:56 AM

We will see the real value of DAO when first proposal is applied for voting.

nothing gonna stop us now
sxafir

Activity: 1022

View Profile
May 29, 2016, 11:11:18 AM

Before ico ends i send eth from exchange but have no tokens.
Jcga
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 1089

View Profile
May 29, 2016, 11:21:00 AM

Slock.it be out when please tia

🚀IRRESISTIBLE "Crypto Collectibles" 👉 https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=217.0
Isolani159

Activity: 478
Merit: 252

View Profile
May 29, 2016, 11:34:36 AM

Which exchange did you use to send Eth?
If you use Eth address in an exchange to get Dao, then your exchange will have that Dao.
You should open a support ticket on that exchange!

nothing gonna stop us now
weryo

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 29, 2016, 11:41:38 AM

Yes, I guess we'll know a lot more after the first few weeks ...
bitbitch

Activity: 434

View Profile
May 29, 2016, 01:27:04 PM

yes, and that means the real value could be 'to the moon' or 'in the toilet'.

i'm almost expecting proposals to be a manipulation.
ludbega

Activity: 840
Merit: 659

The All-in-One Cryptocurrency Exchange

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2016, 01:28:12 PM

clearly a manipulation between ETH and DAO, ETH supports DAO and now ...

simply, go to the toilet !!

Un tiens vaut mieux que 2 tu l'auras
bittraffic

Activity: 2982
Merit: 614

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2016, 03:39:44 PM

If you use Eth address in an exchange to get Dao, then your exchange will have that Dao.

he says before ICO that means he must want to participate during the ICO? you hsould have read how to buy DAOs on this pages https://daohub.org/
buying DAOs is very much different from jsut sending BTCs to an address to an ico page. heres an instruction thru bittrex https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1465376
unfortunately the link bittrex.com/balanace/dao isn't available anymore as the ico already ended.

.SWG.io.

..Pre-Sale is LIVE at $0.15..

..Buy Now..

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
..CONFIRMED..

BTcoint

Activity: 553

View Profile
May 29, 2016, 04:01:56 PM

I know any company to get value need to sell some asset so we need time to get profit from ico but i need to release some fund to invest on something else so i decide to get out with 10 % lost

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
     ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses .100% original codebase.
  Superfast with .30 seconds instant finality.
  Tested .5000 tx per block. on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
sxafir

Activity: 1022

View Profile
May 29, 2016, 04:21:43 PM

he says before ICO that means he must want to participate during the ICO? you hsould have read how to buy DAOs on this pages https://daohub.org/
buying DAOs is very much different from jsut sending BTCs to an address to an ico page. heres an instruction thru bittrex https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1465376
unfortunately the link bittrex.com/balanace/dao isn't available anymore as the ico already ended.
Send directly from topmine,i used my wallet ETH to register,someone says have the same situations on kraken,they send him email,but i dont get email from topmine.
CjMapope
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1092

~Full-Time Minter since 2016~

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2016, 04:26:22 PM

Yes, I guess we'll know a lot more after the first few weeks ...

weeks? ha!  try months if not a year or more.  ;\

~Got this girl in my bed, a roof over my head, i mint a couple coins a week, and thats how i make bread~
~On the 12th day of Hatzvah, OGminer said to me: "compute root of the merkle hash tree!"~
Prohashing  -- Simply the best Multipool!
Nxtblg
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2016, 04:35:28 PM

This community makes no sense. ICOs which only have a promise and song go to the moon, but an ICO that holds almost 12 million ETH in the till now has a market cap less than the assets it holds.

From an outside conventional view, it does make sense. Right now, The DAO is like a closed-end fund holding ETH. Unlike ETF's closed-end funds traditionally trade at a discount to their underlying holdings because there's no way for the shareholders to get their share of the underlying assets. This illiquidity isn't literally true of The DAO, but withdrawal means going through a two-Proposal two-step that's going to take well over a month. Given how volatile Ethers are, it should be no surprise (really) that The DAO trades with an "illiquidity discount." Three's only one way to arbitrage: withdrawing. Unlike the case with an ETF, there's no way to deposit ETH & get more DAO.

Right now, there's not enough excitement about The DAO's future investments to get everyone dreaming big dreams about it. There's no "blue sky." This lack of excitement is going to continue not only because it's raised a huge amount of funds but also because it's structured as a long-term investment fund - something like a venture-capital fund.

There's really only two way in which The DAO can become a ten-bagger:

1. It secures enough fees from successful fundings to be valued as a billion-dollar business, or:
2. Its ETH goes up ten times in value, and its investments are valued at cost.
[3: a mix of 1 & 2.]

So right now, if you want to trade it, it's best to view The DAO as a means to pick up ETH at a discount, provided you account for the illiquidity of withdrawal. It's a long-term investment, whose total roi would have to include the fun of participating in it.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

studentwiskunde

Activity: 145
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 29, 2016, 05:43:50 PM

Announcement!

The DAO added on list Coin price ticker(CPT)

Will be available within two hours on Google Play.

Go to twitter https://twitter.com/WISKUNDESTUDENT/status/736975601958027264 for a preview(screenshot).

Go to Google Play to download: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=wiskunde.nl.coinpriceticker&hl=nl

Sincerely,

Wiskunde

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 »
  Print  

Jump to: