Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 03:13:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][slock.it][Company] IoT meets blockchain - A TheDAO proposal  (Read 66142 times)
Piston Honda
Legendary

Activity: 2702
Merit: 1064

Juicin' crypto

View Profile
June 18, 2016, 07:07:39 PM

stop buying this hyped up over priced garbage!

$ADK ~ watch & learn...
Sincere_

Activity: 716
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 18, 2016, 07:30:23 PM

So is the project still going forward or is it affected by the dao situation?
ICOcountdown.com

Activity: 1008

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2016, 07:40:28 PM

The project is gone, they have dissolved it.

compmaster

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 18, 2016, 07:50:22 PM

This automated thing wasn't very automated. It still involved voting and stuff. I like the "DCO" Decentralized Collaborative Organization $DCO now. They don't vote online but are working towards that.
Thereisnospoon

Activity: 574

BIG AIRDROP: t.me/otppaychat

View Profile
June 18, 2016, 11:06:19 PM

Tough Day for The DAO

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GvgTivwzcuo

▄███▄
           ▄██▀▀█▀▀██▄
         ▄███▄  █  ▄███▄
       ▄██▀ █▀█▄█▄█▀█ ▀██▄
      ██▀  █  ▄███▄  █  ▀██
     ██    █▄█▀ █ ▀█▄█    ██
    ██▀▀▀▀▄██ ▄▀ ▀▄ ██▄▀▀▀▀██
   ██ █  █▀ ▄█▄▄▄▄▄█▄ ▀█  █ ██
  ██   ██ ▄█▀█     █▀█▄ ██   ██
  ██ ▄▄███▀   █   █   ▀███▄▄ ██
 ██▄█▀▀█▀▀█▄▄▄▄█▄█▄▄▄▄█▀▀█▀▀█▄██
 ██▀  █ ▄██▄   ▄█▄   ▄██▄ █  ▀██
██▄▄▄ ██   █ ▄█▀█▀█▄ █   ██ ▄▄▄██
██   ███▄▄▄██▀  █  ▀██ ▄▄███   ██
██ ▄█▀█   ██▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄██   █▀█▄ ██
███▀  █ ▄█▀█   ▄█▄   █▀█▄ █  ▀███
 ▀██▄▄██▀   █ ▄▀ ▀▄ █   ▀██▄▄██▀
    ▀███▄▄  █▄█   █▄█  ▄▄███▀
       ▀▀███████████████▀▀
OTPPAY

Thereisnospoon

Activity: 574

BIG AIRDROP: t.me/otppaychat

View Profile
June 19, 2016, 07:09:13 AM

TheDAO, TheFork, TheFallout :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Swdb-Z_4JmI

▄███▄
           ▄██▀▀█▀▀██▄
         ▄███▄  █  ▄███▄
       ▄██▀ █▀█▄█▄█▀█ ▀██▄
      ██▀  █  ▄███▄  █  ▀██
     ██    █▄█▀ █ ▀█▄█    ██
    ██▀▀▀▀▄██ ▄▀ ▀▄ ██▄▀▀▀▀██
   ██ █  █▀ ▄█▄▄▄▄▄█▄ ▀█  █ ██
  ██   ██ ▄█▀█     █▀█▄ ██   ██
  ██ ▄▄███▀   █   █   ▀███▄▄ ██
 ██▄█▀▀█▀▀█▄▄▄▄█▄█▄▄▄▄█▀▀█▀▀█▄██
 ██▀  █ ▄██▄   ▄█▄   ▄██▄ █  ▀██
██▄▄▄ ██   █ ▄█▀█▀█▄ █   ██ ▄▄▄██
██   ███▄▄▄██▀  █  ▀██ ▄▄███   ██
██ ▄█▀█   ██▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄██   █▀█▄ ██
███▀  █ ▄█▀█   ▄█▄   █▀█▄ █  ▀███
 ▀██▄▄██▀   █ ▄▀ ▀▄ █   ▀██▄▄██▀
    ▀███▄▄  █▄█   █▄█  ▄▄███▀
       ▀▀███████████████▀▀
OTPPAY

boomboom

Activity: 1068
Merit: 523

View Profile
June 19, 2016, 07:10:21 AM

Tough Day for The DAO

tough day for the DAO bagholders ...
Its About Sharing
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1000

Antifragile

View Profile
June 19, 2016, 10:09:58 AM

The project is gone, they have dissolved it.

But this is not really true. The Ethereum team are still talking about what to do: softfork, hardfork, etc.
Maybe the DAO will be over but what is to be done regarding the Ethereum in a child DAO is still up in the air.

BTC = Black Swan.
BTC = Antifragile - "Some things benefit from shocks; they thrive and grow when exposed to volatility, randomness, disorder, and stressors and love adventure, risk, and uncertainty. Robust is not the opposite of fragile.
Wesiematic

Activity: 437

View Profile
June 19, 2016, 11:07:44 AM

Are there any uptodate informations, is the dao still draining or it's finished with drainage.

there is always a light at the end of the tunnel...
Its About Sharing
Legendary

Antifragile

View Profile
June 19, 2016, 11:42:18 AM

Are there any uptodate informations, is the dao still draining or it's finished with drainage.

I believe they could have kept draining the DAO but, according to the hacker, they stopped as Vitalik was talking about a hard fork.

interesting LTBTC video podcast talking about it from last night
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Swdb-Z_4JmI

BTC = Black Swan.
BTC = Antifragile - "Some things benefit from shocks; they thrive and grow when exposed to volatility, randomness, disorder, and stressors and love adventure, risk, and uncertainty. Robust is not the opposite of fragile.
maxsinner

Activity: 336

View Profile
June 19, 2016, 12:14:17 PM

People who had funds in DAO deserve what they got. They had plenty of chances to exit, but they did not take them because of greed. And what returns did they expect from a $150 mil balloon anyway?
Cryptozillah

Activity: 687
Merit: 502

View Profile
June 19, 2016, 01:00:53 PM

They will sort this out.
Stop the end of days trolling..
Its About Sharing
Legendary

Antifragile

View Profile
June 19, 2016, 02:19:38 PM

They will sort this out.
Stop the end of days trolling..

This is quite serious and sets precedent, amongst many other things.
Yeah, there is some trolling, but considering the seriousness of things, there seems to be little in the middle.

There are extreme opinions in both directions. Those holding lots of ETH seem to think this is not a big deal (but the price says otherwise. Down about 40% since "hack".)

On the other hand, we have people saying this is the end of Ethereum. That can't be the case, but it certainly opened up a big can of worms.
Ethereum is more than a money (wasn't made to be one but it can be used as such, just like BTC), so the simple argument of fungibility is just a part of the argument.
We are talking about changing the results of mistakes made in code (i.e. smart contracts) by either doing a hard fork (very doubtful) or some soft fix (looking likely).

BTC = Black Swan.
Ethertrader1

Activity: 121
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 19, 2016, 02:30:37 PM

So where does Slock.it go from here? I thought it had promise, but I would think the entire community should have lost faith in the team around it.
Its About Sharing
Legendary

Antifragile

View Profile
June 19, 2016, 02:42:16 PM

So where does Slock.it go from here? I thought it had promise, but I would think the entire community should have lost faith in the team around it.

Slock.it is a great idea. I don't see them having a big problem getting the financing. Perhaps a separate (And much much smaller DAO) can be done just for that reason.

BTC = Black Swan.
m4nki

Activity: 1039
Merit: 510

View Profile
June 19, 2016, 03:33:58 PM

Slock.it is a great idea. I don't see them having a big problem getting the financing. Perhaps a separate (And much much smaller DAO) can be done just for that reason.

Why does it have to be a DAO anyway? Why can't they just create their own token and use it for fundraising?

Its About Sharing
Legendary

Antifragile

View Profile
June 19, 2016, 03:43:00 PM

Why does it have to be a DAO anyway? Why can't they just create their own token and use it for fundraising?

Bad terminology on my part, I just meant they could raise the money in a slock.it fundraiser contract.
As I said, I don't see them having a problem getting the financing though.

BTC = Black Swan.
andrepierre

Activity: 714

View Profile
June 19, 2016, 03:45:14 PM

I really feel it is time for the devs to make a decision and post a roadmap.

Many investors in DAO and i really hope that one way or another this project can be saved.
Anduril_FotW

Activity: 413

View Profile
June 19, 2016, 03:50:53 PM

Another attack ??

https://m.reddit.com/r/ethere...8/dao_is_under_attack_again/

"The Blade that was Broken shines again!"
mtnsaa
Legendary

Activity: 1568

View Profile
June 19, 2016, 04:10:47 PM

Really? You will trust a lock that was hacked already basically? You will trust the devs behind the DAO? Lol...it's incredible. And that's what happens with Ethereum, they have most of the ETH team as curators and most of them I'm sure looked at the DAO code and found nothing wrong. ETH proved to be a joke, their platform might be secure but it allows for bad code to be written so smart contracts are useless.

Will you trust the next DAO or dApp that ask for your money? Written by some kid in java that have a massive backdoor? Etheroll crowdfund met the same fate and Marker DAO had a similar bug...
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 »
  Print  

Jump to: