Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 05:27:52 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][slock.it][Company] IoT meets blockchain - A TheDAO proposal  (Read 66142 times)
bitbitch

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 22, 2016, 06:53:50 AM

is this the very definition of a crypto SCAM?
Wesiematic

Activity: 437

View Profile
June 23, 2016, 09:55:50 AM

How people still trade DAO shit when it's proven failure?!  They should remove from exchanges!!  As usual big whales and those with btc will just keep playing the charts with just another shit coin.

A failure? The ETH Dev team is working overtime, making sure they can make a purse out of this sow's ear. Now they are engaging in white hat attacks. If all else fails, they'll just use proof of Vitalik and fork the shit. They'll cook the books, and make sure the blockchain has only the entries they want.  I'm sure when all is said and done, the insiders will prevail and make huge profits.

I sold all, finished with this fishy drama, but yes i think the insiders will make a huge load of profits, no matter what happens.

there is always a light at the end of the tunnel...
Ethertrader1

Activity: 121
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 23, 2016, 10:19:16 AM

I would recommend to stay 100% away from anything Ethereum based for the next weeks. Let the dust settle.
Evil-Knievel
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1168

View Profile
June 23, 2016, 11:56:31 AM

What do you learn from this? Never skip a beta-testing phase just and rush things just to be "the first on the market".
Being the second one is just as fine ... when the software just works and is flawless.
bitcoinuserz

Activity: 360

View Profile
June 23, 2016, 12:39:27 PM

I think stock it team was running the frontier and shit just came to their face. I mean, shit happens just got to do better next time.  Cheesy But I didn't buy DAO. Only after the crash lol

Korean Chinese Translator

Professional Korean translator.
szuwi

Activity: 160

View Profile
June 23, 2016, 02:41:33 PM

all dao contracts will be frozen by soft fork, no eth can be stolen, dao is undervalued 50%, funx will be returned it is a matter of weeks.
dbt1033
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 23, 2016, 02:55:54 PM

New video from DAO attacker.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_O5fdMFKEC0

I encourage everyone to watch this.  Shit's about to get real.
TrueAnon
Legendary

Activity: 1120

View Profile
June 23, 2016, 03:19:13 PM

Sorry but all confidence in DAO is out the window now.  You think the public let alone crypto-ppl or businesses would bother taking this shit seriously??? lmao yeah right not a chance.  This will only impact ETH more negatively as well!!!

People need to wake up from this garbage already!  It's all manipulation BTC as it is anyways.
PaidFudder

Activity: 333

View Profile
June 24, 2016, 01:34:49 PM

if all DAO holder get their ETH back ... shouldnt the price be around 20k like the DAO ico price ?
at least when its certain that this will happen ?

_Victory_

Activity: 90
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 24, 2016, 02:02:03 PM

How people still trade DAO shit when it's proven failure?!  They should remove from exchanges!!  As usual big whales and those with btc will just keep playing the charts with just another shit coin.

Playing the charts "with just another shit coin" is the entire crypto business model.
Evil-Knievel
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1168

View Profile
June 24, 2016, 02:23:55 PM

With so much intervention by soft-forks and censorship, I personally think we are not far away from "The O"  Grin

m4nki

Activity: 1039
Merit: 510

View Profile
June 24, 2016, 02:24:58 PM

Yes, this is indeed a must watch!

Kostolany, Jr.

Activity: 195

View Profile
June 24, 2016, 05:59:08 PM

it is fracking awesome indeed!  Grin
even better than the Fuhrer one:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wu638L-iVt8

„While buying one should be romantic, while selling realistic (and in the meantime he should sleep).“
– André Kostolany
oneyesoneno

Activity: 476

View Profile
June 26, 2016, 02:17:27 AM

it is fracking awesome indeed!  Grin
even better than the Fuhrer one:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wu638L-iVt8

It is good if the hacker is that smart... but i doubt it.
Wesiematic

Activity: 437

View Profile
June 26, 2016, 11:20:50 AM

What is planned now with the slock.it company?

there is always a light at the end of the tunnel...
mtnsaa
Legendary

Activity: 1568

View Profile
June 26, 2016, 09:16:04 PM

Lol, what do you think? These guys tried to sell some sort of "secure lock virtual flying decentralized machine" and their experiment of 250M got hacked...
ttookk

Activity: 994
Merit: 513

View Profile
June 26, 2016, 09:59:08 PM

Lol, what do you think? These guys tried to sell some sort of "secure lock virtual flying decentralized machine" and their experiment of 250M got hacked...

…and then what? I am not in favour of these guys, in fact I am very much the opposite (especially Stephan Tuals pompous manners. I am not sure whether I ever disliked someone I haven't met in person that fast and that much. And blaming the guy who almost found the exploit for not reporting it – cheap shot), but you can argue that these guys have learned now to be diligent. Maybe I wouldn't trust them with 150 million worth of ETH again, but if they continue their project, I'd watch it closely.

Additionally to themselves and people they hired, you'll have A LOT of eyes watching this project, checking every nook an cranny for flaws.

Is there any statemnt from the slock.it guys on how they plan to proceed?
_Victory_

Activity: 90
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 26, 2016, 11:07:00 PM

…and then what? I am not in favour of these guys, in fact I am very much the opposite (especially Stephan Tuals pompous manners. I am not sure whether I ever disliked someone I haven't met in person that fast and that much. And blaming the guy who almost found the exploit for not reporting it – cheap shot), but you can argue that these guys have learned now to be diligent. Maybe I wouldn't trust them with 150 million worth of ETH again, but if they continue their project, I'd watch it closely.

Additionally to themselves and people they hired, you'll have A LOT of eyes watching this project, checking every nook an cranny for flaws.

I was thinking the same thing so I checked their site and blog.
They say nothing.

I would guess that after the dao situation gets resolved, they will let everyone know what is next for them.
mtnsaa
Legendary

Activity: 1568

View Profile
June 27, 2016, 12:06:14 AM
Last edit: June 27, 2016, 04:01:53 PM by mtnsaa

I've lost faith completely in smart contracts and Ethereum, the whole situation is ridiculous and I'm very much inclined to think it was an inside job, perhaps from a former dev if you are not into the crazy conspiracy stuff. The whole thing is just years ahead from working in the real world. Airbnb and Uber are great, if you want to use a lock you can buy one on Amazon and use a password, doesn't get much easier than that. Complete decentralization is ridiculous, is something that will never catch on unless it's controlled/centralized at some point. Apple and Google can be decentralized and have multiple nodes and branches all over the world and enjoy the same security benefits. Many of these companies probably will use one global blockchain that THEY will be able to control, just like Ethereum did with the DAO. I'm sure as hell they won't be using no Bitcoin, Ethereum, Lisk or whatever cryptoanarcho weirdos think it's cool. Yes Microsoft, Samsung, whatever, are interested, they take a peek and promote some conferences over the world, then they hire the best who can actually help them with their problems.

If the slock.it guys were so revolutionary they would be already fully backed by VC. All these projects are out to get your BTC/Fiat sooner or later, you can still make money but don't ever lose sight of that. You can have a decentralized project without any bs coins and tokens based on BTC, if it works you start charging companies and offer entreprise plans, like Dropbox and many others did.
Piston Honda
Legendary

Activity: 2702
Merit: 1064

Juicin' crypto

View Profile
June 27, 2016, 02:48:13 AM

I've lost faith completely in smart contracts and Ethereum, the whole situation is ridiculous and I'm very much inclined to think it was an inside job, perhaps from a former dev if you are not into the crazy conspiracy stuff. The whole thing is just years ahead from working in the real world. Airbnb and Uber are great, if you want to use a lock you can buy one on Amazon and use a password, doesn't get much easier than that. Complete decentralization is ridiculous, is something that will never catch on unless it's controlled/centralized at some point. Apple and Google can be decentralized and have multiple nodes and branches all over the world and enjoy the same security benefits. Many of these companies probably will use one global blockchain that THEY will be able to control, just like Ethereum did with the DAO. I'm sure as hell they won't be using no Bitcoin, Ethereum, Lisk or whatever cryptoanarcho weirdos think it's cool. Yes Microsoft, Samsung, whatever, are interested, they take a peek and promote some conferences over the world, then they hire the best who can actually help them with their problems.

If the slock.it guys were so revolutionary they would be already full backed by VC. All these projects are out to get your BTC/Fiat sooner or later, you can still make money but don't ever lose sight of that. You can have a decentralized project without any bs coins and tokens based on BTC, if it works you start charging companies and offer entreprise plans, like Dropbox and many others did.

mtnsaa - i pretty much have come to the same conclusion as you re. your comments above.

please come check out WBB coin when you have time and speak to the dev re. any questions you may have. Smiley - this one WON'T LET you down! Smiley Wink

$ADK ~ watch & learn...
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 »
  Print  

Jump to: