Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 10:42:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Purchase Bitcoins from your iPhone.  (Read 10251 times)
xxjs

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 28, 2013, 09:12:54 AM

I don't think apple support is needed for bitcoin.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
armenmerikyan (OP)

Activity: 244
Merit: 10

BrownieCoins.org The Recognition Cryptocurrency

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2013, 01:30:56 AM

I will admit that I have lot to learn when it comes to bitcoins and POS people that try to cheat a system.

BrownieCoins.org - social currency for doing good deeds
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
January 29, 2013, 01:41:39 AM

What if any bitcoin payments are limited to very low prices? Would scammers still use stolen accounts to steal half a bitcoin?

for instance what if you made the max amount someone could get with it.... 1 bitcoin per month or something?

That isn't the way scammers work.  1 bitcoin per account may not be much but 1 bitcoin per account with 10,000 stolen accounts is a nice profit in irreversible psueo anonymous and highly convertable property.  This will end badly and likely lead to Apple doing a blanket auto-ban on any app even remotely associated with Bitcoin.
TheButterZone
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1031

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2013, 01:52:58 AM

Too bad it didn't have facial recognition tied to all government photo ID databases from the start...  Wink

Saying that you don't trust someone because of their behavior is completely valid.
velacreations

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 29, 2013, 01:56:16 AM

it doesn't work on an iPad...

armenmerikyan (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2013, 01:56:24 AM

What if any bitcoin payments are limited to very low prices? Would scammers still use stolen accounts to steal half a bitcoin?

for instance what if you made the max amount someone could get with it.... 1 bitcoin per month or something?

That isn't the way scammers work.  1 bitcoin per account may not be much but 1 bitcoin per account with 10,000 stolen accounts is a nice profit in irreversible psueo anonymous and highly convertable property.  This will end badly and likely lead to Apple doing a blanket auto-ban on any app even remotely associated with Bitcoin.

Apple is not some communist country, they are not going to perform some stupid across the board ban, I may not know the bitcoin market really well but I have been developing apps for over 4 years and Apple is more reasonable then people think. Plus people are doing all kinds of things with coins and in-app purchases.

armenmerikyan (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2013, 02:00:45 AM

Why is everyone scared of Apple?

Why would you think apple is undermining or trying to derail Bitcoins ?

TheButterZone
Legendary

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2013, 02:03:56 AM

Because Apple can be defrauded out the ass of $$$$$$$$ by criminals using stolen credit cards and charging back their own.

Saying that you don't trust someone because of their behavior is completely valid.
armenmerikyan (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2013, 02:13:21 AM

Status Update

1. So far I have had 5 people that actually downloaded and registered.
2. One of these idiots makes 10 in-app purchases of 100 brownie coins and buys .1 bitcoins
3. Another one of these idiots make 60 in-app purchase of 100 brownie coins and buys one 1.0 and .1 bitcoins.

Other then this I have not seen much action

Also I think the purchases made by the two idiots are done using jail broken iPhones, because i don't see any sales recorded with itunesconnect

So far I am out 1.1 bitcoins, had 3 legit in-app purchases of 0.99 USD

It took me a good month to develop the app and get it approved by the app store.

Plus hosting fees and server side development.

I have lost about 5k on this project so far.

I don't think i am ever going to make money on this venture, hopefully other people can learn from my mistakes.

armenmerikyan (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2013, 02:18:14 AM

Because Apple can be defrauded out the ass of $$$$$$$$ by criminals using stolen credit cards and charging back their own.

Dude you don't think Apple deals with stolen credit cards all the time, people trying to buy digital products so they can hack them and distribute them for profit.

Being the largest company in the world you think they are scared of charge backs. LOL

TheButterZone
Legendary

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2013, 03:28:57 AM

Dude you don't think Apple deals with stolen credit cards all the time, people trying to buy digital products so they can hack them and distribute them for profit.

Being the largest company in the world you think they are scared of charge backs. LOL

You think Apple is HAPPY to lose tens, hundreds of millions of dollars per year to fraud?

TehTDK

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 29, 2013, 03:41:24 AM

If people are soo worried about apple chargebacks, then whats stopping someone from stealing a few creditcards and the going to the exchanges and starts buying up BTC's for real money?. I mean the second the chargebacks starts coming in that exchange site is going to go through the floor, as the money they got are gone, and so are the BTC's.

There are soo many ways someone would and could knowingly damage BTC reputation, and who says someone isn't already using stolen CC's to get BTC's. I mean that person will be walking away with potentially a lot of money and leaving the exchanger or person broke or potentially at a loss. But then again I guess that is indeed the risk of the game that we all play on here.
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Gerald Davis

View Profile
January 29, 2013, 03:45:34 AM

If people are soo worried about apple chargebacks, then whats stopping someone from stealing a few creditcards and the going to the exchanges and starts buying up BTC's for real money?. I mean the second the chargebacks starts coming in that exchange site is going to go through the floor, as the money they got are gone, and so are the BTC's.

There are soo many ways someone would and could knowingly damage BTC reputation, and who says someone isn't already using stolen CC's to get BTC's. I mean that person will be walking away with potentially a lot of money and leaving the exchanger or person broke or potentially at a loss. But then again I guess that is indeed the risk of the game that we all play on here.
Um?   Shocked

Have you noticed no exchange allows deposits by credit card?

Think their might be a reason.
armenmerikyan (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2013, 03:49:55 AM

This problem needs to be fixed their has to be a way that a person can purchase small amount of bitcoins with a credit card

DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Gerald Davis

View Profile
January 29, 2013, 03:50:54 AM

The profitability of stolen BTC is a whole different league than hacking digital goods. 

Of course they aren't.  They will just pass on 100% of the fraud to you, plus $35 fee for each case, and when your account goes negative ban you permanently from the Developer network and sell the debt to a collection agency.  They aren't taking the risk.  Apple won't pay a single cent for the fraud caused by your app.

casascius
Mike Caldwell
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1136

The Casascius 1oz 10BTC Silver Round (w/ Gold B)

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2013, 03:51:14 AM

This problem needs to be fixed their has to be a way that a person can purchase small amount of bitcoins with a credit card

Sure... Go get yourself a credit card merchant account or a Square or PayPal account and start selling bitcoins, and save the 30% Apple cut.

Companies claiming they got hacked and lost your coins sounds like fraud so perfect it could be called fashionable.  I never believe them.  If I ever experience the misfortune of a real intrusion, I declare I have been honest about the way I have managed the keys in Casascius Coins.  I maintain no ability to recover or reproduce the keys, not even under limitless duress or total intrusion.  Remember that trusting strangers with your coins without any recourse is, as a matter of principle, not a best practice.  Don't keep coins online. Use paper or hardware wallets instead.
Littleshop
Legendary

Merit: 1003

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2013, 04:44:06 AM

Please tell us how much bitcoins cost in this app.  Price for one bitcoin please.

armenmerikyan (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2013, 04:44:42 AM

Sure... Go get yourself a credit card merchant account or a Square or PayPal account and start selling bitcoins, and save the 30% Apple cut.

Square is not going to give you a global market like the app store does and paypal has way to many stolen accounts. Plus this app is not about selling bitcoins it's a reward program. It won't be cost effective to buy bitcoins trough this process even with a stolen account. For me bitcoins is a good way to reward people. It's cheap to deliver, I can send small amount of it and it's global.  

armenmerikyan (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2013, 04:47:17 AM

Please tell us how much bitcoins cost in this app.  Price for one bitcoin please.

it's .99 for 100 brownie coins

you can claim a prize of 1.0 bitcoin with 5000 brownie coins
you can claim a prize of 0.5 bitcoin with 3500 brownie coins
you can claim a prize of 0.1 bitcoin with 1000 brownie coins

Littleshop
Legendary

Merit: 1003

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2013, 04:50:26 AM

it's .99 for 100 brownie coins

you can claim a prize of 1.0 bitcoin with 5000 brownie coins
you can claim a prize of 0.5 bitcoin with 3500 brownie coins
you can claim a prize of 0.1 bitcoin with 1000 brownie coins

So it is $50 for a bitcoin?  You are guaranteeing most of your sales will be to scammers.  Scammers don't pay for their IOS accounts so they will spend any amount (of other peoples money) to get BTC.  A normal customer is not going to pay 3x the going rate for BTC. 

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: