Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 07:42:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Purchase Bitcoins from your iPhone.  (Read 10251 times)
armenmerikyan (OP)

Activity: 244
Merit: 10

BrownieCoins.org The Recognition Cryptocurrency

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2013, 06:16:03 AM

I am still working on the price but that sounds about right apple takes 30%, I Think Apple has done amazing thing for selling and distributing digital goods and Bitcoins is not an exception. In my opinion Apple is the best venue to leverage for selling / distributing bitcoins.

BrownieCoins.org - social currency for doing good deeds
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1225

Away on an extended break

View Profile
January 31, 2013, 06:20:48 AM

I am still working on the price but that sounds about right apple takes 30%, I Think Apple has done amazing thing for selling and distributing digital goods and Bitcoins is not an exception. In my opinion Apple is the best venue to leverage for selling / distributing bitcoins.
Make sure you factor in the fluctuating exchange rate too.
armenmerikyan (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2013, 06:21:39 AM

Oh wait I have a brilliant IDEA, lets take something physical like paper currency, make it digital like Bitcoins and the next logical step for this is to make bitcoins physical again like Physical Bitcoins by Casascius. That my friend is moving forward why didn't i think of that Physical to digital back to physical again. that makes so much sense.

armenmerikyan (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2013, 06:23:33 AM

Make sure you factor in the fluctuating exchange rate too.

That is great feedback thanks.

John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1225

Away on an extended break

View Profile
January 31, 2013, 06:24:25 AM

Oh wait I have a brilliant IDEA, lets take something physical like paper currency, make it digital like Bitcoins and the next logical step for this is to make bitcoins physical again like Physical Bitcoins by Casascius. That my friend is moving forward why didn't i think of that Physical to digital back to physical again. that makes so much sense.
What do you mean by that? Physical bitcoins are a good way to air-gap your bitcoins to prevent them being stolen or lost due to data losses. It's a quite common business now (see the marketplace) so a new entry would be really competitive, if you're thinking to take part in that.

edit: Sacarsm detection fail  Undecided
armenmerikyan (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2013, 06:27:48 AM

If it's physical then you can steal it, break it or loose it.

armenmerikyan (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2013, 06:37:21 AM

What do you mean by that? Physical bitcoins are a good way to air-gap your bitcoins to prevent them being stolen or lost due to data losses. It's a quite common business now (see the marketplace) so a new entry would be really competitive, if you're thinking to take part in that.

You know how easy hologram stickers are to reproduce.  For all you know the Casascius Bitcoin could be empty or a fake.

notme
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002

View Profile
January 31, 2013, 06:49:38 AM

If it's on your iPhone, you can steal it, break it, or lose it.

I'm pretty sure the Casascius coins sitting in my safe are more secure than the browniepoints you're selling.

https://www.bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
While no idea is perfect, some ideas are useful.
notme
Legendary

View Profile
January 31, 2013, 06:51:11 AM

You know how easy hologram stickers are to reproduce.  For all you know the Casascius Bitcoin could be empty or a fake.

You should really spend less time making fun of a very well respected community members and calling your users "idiots".  I was half interested and even downloaded the app, but fuck that, you're a dick.

TheButterZone
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1031

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2013, 06:52:59 AM

In T-10...9...

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=138685.0

Saying that you don't trust someone because of their behavior is completely valid.
notme
Legendary

View Profile
January 31, 2013, 07:00:07 AM

What's up with these people coming in and throwing around insults and then expecting us to embrace them as merchants?  You're going to have to learn a thing or two about customer service if you want to separate me from my bitcoins.

DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
January 31, 2013, 07:02:48 AM

Update

I am adjusting the price of bitcoins, some user are complaining about the price.

1.0 BTC is about $25 USD
0.5 BTC is about $12.50 USD
0.1 BTC is about $2.50 USD
0.01 BTC is about $.99 USD

Quite reasonable prices I think. How much is Apple's cut?

30%

Not exactly sure how the OP will sell 1 BTC for $25 which nets him $17.50 (before fraud losses, chargebacks, and profit margin) ...
armenmerikyan (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2013, 07:07:14 AM

I'm pretty sure the Casascius coins sitting in my safe are more secure than the browniepoints you're selling.

please study before you write, the iPhone does not hold any Bitcoins. I am not trying to be a dick here but give me some respect. I have been in the industry for some time now and I know a little something about technology. Considering that I designed a system that secured over 5 million devices. In my humble opinion Physical Casascius coins are not what i would consider Secure.

notme
Legendary

View Profile
January 31, 2013, 07:19:14 AM

please study before you write, the iPhone does not hold any Bitcoins. I am not trying to be a dick here but give me some respect. I have been in the industry for some time now and I know a little something about technology. Considering that I designed a system that secured over 5 million devices. In my humble opinion Physical Casascius coins are not what i would consider Secure.

Again, way more secure than my phone.  Are you saying if I have browniepoints in my account there is no chance someone could send themselves bitcoins if they stole my phone?

armenmerikyan (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2013, 07:22:44 AM

I just wanted to thank everyone on this post for their encouraging remarks and words of wisdom, it has not been easy to develop this idea into a some what working prof of concept. Developing the app code, building the server side logic, jumping all the hoops to get it approved by Apple(Yes it was rejected 2 times), Dealing with the scammers.

Sorry I got a little carried away, after all this is my baby and I have put a lot of good honest effort to make this thing work.

I am certain It will.  

armenmerikyan (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2013, 07:29:53 AM

Again, way more secure than my phone.  Are you saying if I have browniepoints in my account there is no chance someone could send themselves bitcoins if they stole my phone?

No I am saying the application does not hold any bitcoins at all and it does not talk to any servers that have bitcoins, to answer your second question. YES this is not a perfect system that is why it's called Brownie Coins, The Brownie coins they keep have no significant meaning to their life.

People Please Note: don't put your life's savings into Brownie Coins Yes it is possible that some one may steal them.

notme
Legendary

View Profile
January 31, 2013, 07:38:57 AM

No I am saying the application does not hold any bitcoins at all and it does not talk to any servers that have bitcoins, to answer your second question. YES this is not a perfect system that is why it's called Brownie Coins, The Brownie coins they keep have no significant meaning to their life.

People Please Note: don't put your life's savings into Brownie Coins Yes it is possible that some one may steal them.

So your product is subject to the same risks as Casacius's physical bitcoins, but your counterargument is that what you are selling isn't worth anything to the person who bought them?

Okay, I'm just trolling now... I get that browniecoins are not intended to be held, but to be immediately converted.  However, I would suggest you work on your professionalism so you don't clutter up your commerce threads with these types of discussions.  Making fun of a well liked product around here adds nothing to your thread and makes it look like you're trying to take a cheap stab at Casascius when he was just trying to warn you about what has happened to people in the past.

armenmerikyan (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2013, 07:40:47 AM

You should really spend less time making fun of a very well respected community members and calling your users "idiots".  I was half interested and even downloaded the app, but fuck that, you're a dick.

I don't like respected members of the community using hacked iPhones to purchase my Brownie Coins and then redeem them for Bitcoins. Next time you do this at least don't use an obvious username that is the same username as you bitcointalk username.

armenmerikyan (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2013, 07:43:44 AM

So your product is subject to the same risks as Casacius's physical bitcoins, but your counterargument is that what you are selling isn't worth anything to the person who bought them?

Okay, I'm just trolling now... I get that browniecoins are not intended to be held, but to be immediately converted.  However, I would suggest you work on your professionalism so you don't clutter up your commerce threads with these types of discussions.  Making fun of a well liked product around here adds nothing to your thread and makes it look like you're trying to take a cheap stab at Casascius when he was just trying to warn you about what has happened to people in the past.

He was not warning me he was treating to report me to apple, as if i am some kind of criminal trying to pull a fast one on people.

notme
Legendary

View Profile
January 31, 2013, 07:50:25 AM

I don't like respected members of the community using hacked iPhones to purchase my Brownie Coins and then redeem them for Bitcoins. Next time you do this at least don't use an obvious username that is the same username as you bitcointalk username.

I'm going to assume by "you" you mean the "idiots" because I did not buy any Brownie Coins.  Anyway, I didn't understand you before since the earlier message says nothing about hacked iPhones, just jailbroken ones, which many people do for customization reasons.  It was not clear to me at all you were talking about your first bouts with scammers.  If they are in fact "respected members of the community", here is they place to discuss it: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=83.0

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: