Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 04:57:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: POLL - which coins are scams as defined in the OP?
Bitcoin - 14 (1.6%)
Ethereum - 71 (7.9%)
Ripple - 74 (8.2%)
Litecoin - 16 (1.8%)
MaidSafeCoin - 54 (6%)
Dash - 96 (10.6%)
Factom - 57 (6.3%)
Dogecoin - 28 (3.1%)
BitShares - 50 (5.5%)
Monero - 38 (4.2%)
NEM - 47 (5.2%)
Stellar - 61 (6.8%)
Peercoin - 19 (2.1%)
Nxt - 44 (4.9%)
Emercoin - 42 (4.7%)
Namecoin - 15 (1.7%)
Synereo - 45 (5%)
VanillaCoin (a.k.a. Vcash) - 72 (8%)
Iota - 57 (6.3%)
Rimbit - 3 (0.3%)
Total Voters: 161

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: POLL - which coins are scams as defined in the OP?  (Read 11706 times)
Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009

View Profile
March 11, 2016, 01:45:58 PM

But then you made the mistake of trolling me in this thread, and I started to think about why am I pulling my punches w.r.t. Iota  Huh

It would be not bad if you trolled me, I don't get enough pleasure trolling altcoinUK back because his IQ is not high enough (no insult intended). You sound very smart and I will surely enjoy several rounds against you. I'll do my best to keep David from sueing you, though I can't promise this, because he is the boss and I'm just a hired man.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
altcoinUK

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 11, 2016, 01:50:26 PM

I'll do my best to keep David from sueing you, though I can't promise this, because he is the boss and I'm just a hired man.

Which is of course just an another lie from our low life Belarusian scammer. Ivancheglo Sergey has 12.50% share in Iota AS (company number 916 476 965, registered in Norway).
TPTB_need_war (OP)

Activity: 420
Merit: 262

View Profile
March 11, 2016, 01:53:07 PM

But then you made the mistake of trolling me in this thread, and I started to think about why am I pulling my punches w.r.t. Iota  Huh

It would be not bad if you trolled me, I don't get enough pleasure trolling altcoinUK back because his IQ is not high enough (no insult intended). You sound very smart and I will surely enjoy several rounds against you. I'll do my best to keep David from sueing you, though I can't promise this, because he is the boss and I'm just a hired man.

I am more afraid of being bit by mosquito than I am of David and his vacuous threats. I am perfectly within my rights to comment in a forum with my conjecture. That is what speculation forums are for.

I have negative net worth, and you guys don't. Don't kick a sleeping dog, else you might find yourself counter-sued.

Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

View Profile
March 11, 2016, 01:57:35 PM

Which is of course just an another lie from our low life Belarusian scammer. Ivancheglo Sergey has 12.50% share in Iota AS (company number 916 476 965, registered in Norway).

See? Not even 34% to do a successful Byzantine Generals attack.
Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

View Profile
March 11, 2016, 01:59:55 PM

I have negative net worth, and you guys don't.

I'm not going to make you spend the rest of your life in poverty.
altcoinUK

View Profile
March 11, 2016, 02:00:46 PM

when i see your trolling in many threads I start to think my IOTA investment was a bad decision.

I told you so. The amount of trolling this Belarusian wanker display is not the attribute of a trustworthy nor a mentally stable technology professional.

On the note of viability, TPTB_need_war is correct. I pointed out many times at the unmoderated IOTA thread, there is simply no viable monetization route for crypto currencies in the corporate driven, predominantly closed source Internet of Things sector. I don't repeat that here, I explained it in the unmoderated IOTA thread many times.
TPTB_need_war (OP)

View Profile
March 11, 2016, 02:03:06 PM

when i see your trolling in many threads I start to think my IOTA investment was a bad decision.

I told you so. The amount of trolling this Belarusian wanker display is not the attribute of a trustworthy nor a mentally stable technology professional.

On the note of viability, TPTB_need_war is correct. I pointed out many times at the unmoderated IOTA thread, there is simply no viable monetization route for crypto currencies in the corporate driven, predominantly closed source Internet of Things sector. I don't repeat that here, I explained it in the unmoderated IOTA thread many times.

The corporations may eventually come around to an open source standardization process, but that is not now. And I doubt any standards will form around a block chain and coin launched as an ICO that is illegal in the USA. Open source standards promulgated by the W3C must be I presume unencumbered.

TPTB_need_war (OP)

View Profile
March 11, 2016, 02:07:06 PM
Last edit: March 11, 2016, 02:20:19 PM by TPTB_need_war

I have negative net worth, and you guys don't.

I'm not going to make you spend the rest of your life in poverty.

I've been wealthy in the past and I will be wealthy again. I am trying to tell you that I took a wrong turn in my 30s, which is why I am in the predicament I am now. And now I am fighting my way back up again. I am advising you that you can't sustain a good life with poor ethics. And that includes trying to skirt USA securities law to be able to market "wonder investments" to unwary n00b investors in the USA. In the 1800s in the USA, we have snake oil salesmen running rampant. The USA securities law was created to force proper disclosure of IPOs. Perhaps Iota has complied in Norwary under EU law. But my IANAL understanding is you still can't market those securities to USA investors unless either you register them with the SEC or you limit to qualified investors.

Disclaimer: IANAL and readers should consult their own professional advisor.

Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

View Profile
March 11, 2016, 02:09:29 PM

And that includes trying to skirt USA securities law to be able to market to unwary n00b investors in the USA.

I violated a USA law? Ever heard of praesumptio innocentiae?
Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

View Profile
March 11, 2016, 02:12:43 PM

Don't worry my friend. If you see me trolling on BTT it means that the code is written and I'm running tests now. Come to "Iota testing" channel on Ryver, I've just published 0.7.0 version.
TPTB_need_war (OP)

View Profile
March 11, 2016, 02:16:35 PM

And that includes trying to skirt USA securities law to be able to market to unwary n00b investors in the USA.

I violated a USA law? Ever heard of praesumptio innocentiae?

I am researching it now. I remember reading that foreign companies are not allowed to market to non-qualified USA investors without registering the securities with the SEC. My IANAL understanding is that naming them "tokens" doesn't absolve the Howey test in the USA.

As for your personal culpability, you may or may not be adequately shielded by clever corporate structure, but I have learned in life that unethical obfuscation is bad karma. The mindset of the person required to do this, is such that they will find trouble in their life at some point. I would not participate in something like this because it violates my personal ethics. I can't stomach spending the money of n00bs who I abused in a greater fool theory of investing, My concept of investing is one where everyone who joins benefits from a greater productivity that is created. If there is risk, I want to know in my heart that I didn't let the n00bs invest until that risk had been minimized by actual market acceptance of the product of the company.  Pre-selling pipe dreams to n00bs is despicable in my opinion. Sorry.

Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

View Profile
March 11, 2016, 02:25:09 PM

I am researching it now. I remember reading that foreign companies are not allowed to market to non-qualified USA investors without registering the securities with the SEC.

Don't spend time on the searching. Even if I killed Kennedy I wouldn't be a criminal until it's proven in a court. This is what praesumptio innocentiae is about. It looks illogical when in the same post you talk about laws and label me as a criminal. Pay attention to this, please.
altcoinUK

View Profile
March 11, 2016, 02:29:38 PM

I am also finding it incredulous that you think you can out innovate Intel and other hugely capitalized semiconductor companies with a "trinary" processor. Do you even have any PhD researchers with a decade of work in this area?

Please do not ask relevant questions from a scammer - you will confuse him. Don't ask whether they have a sufficient R&D infrastructure in place or not, whether an adequate engineering work force is employed by the business or not. If you ask such question you will be trolled (btw, this scammer trolls you 24/7, you must be a special person in his life)
Everyone over age 14 understand that these two money collectors, CfB from the communist shithole of Belarus and David boy from his momma basement won't deliver anything in the field of microprocessor design, which is the most R&D intense area of hardware manufacturing. JINN/IOTA is a P&D scam to lure money from noobs, naives and wannabe rich idiots.

I simply won't associate professionally with anyone doing that. And such people will remain forever stuck in the business of scamming, because of their past, they will never be accepted into the mainstream where ethics and minimum levels of sane law & order are preferred.

The real sensitivity for others is not doing unethical pumps to unwary n00bs. And to pursue real projects with real adoption and ethical out in the open business (e.g. have a LinkedIn account and have a history and a reputation).

Pre-selling pipe dreams to n00bs is despicable in my opinion. Sorry.

It is really reassuring you stated that. Your supporters and potential investors will be happy to see that you distance yourself from these low life scammers.
altcoinUK

View Profile
March 11, 2016, 02:47:07 PM

If you see me trolling on BTT it means that

... you are a wanker. Go, find a woman Sergey before your scam shit hits the fan and you go to jail. You never had a woman, a girlfriend will change your fucked up attitude and you will have better chance to survive. If a 37 years virgin like yourself exposed to the horny prison population then that's never a promising proposition (from your viewpoint).
Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

View Profile
March 11, 2016, 02:47:53 PM

... you are a wanker. Go, find a woman Sergey before your scam shit hits the fan and you go to jail. You never had a woman, a girlfriend will change your fucked up attitude and you will have better chance to survive. If a 37 years virgin like yourself exposed to the horny prison population then that's never a promising proposition.

Again these prison fantasies, I like your integrity.
TPTB_need_war (OP)

View Profile
March 11, 2016, 03:10:52 PM
Last edit: March 11, 2016, 04:26:36 PM by TPTB_need_war

Oh crap here we go again repeating the same logic as to why decentralized file system block chains are insolubly flawed...

Fucking low IQ time wasters!

It doesn't matter. The issue I cited is insoluble. You will never find a technical solution. Ever.

*citation needed

Read my 10,000+ posts so you can gain the level of expertise I have accumulated.

Otherwise, we can debate each issue here as follows to bring you up-to-speed on the relevant technological issues.

Btw, how much are you willing to pay me for this education and distraction from my own work?

The onus is on you to write a coherent, concise, and complete white paper so that I can bring to bear my expertise on tearing the nonsense white paper to shreds. I didn't volunteer to condense my 10,000 posts into a white paper to offer you a concise citation.

I am particularly incensed by you promulgating this crap technology as worthwhile. It wastes my time. I told you I invented proof-of-storage in 2013 and I thought about all the ways it could possibly be made to work and all possible ways were flawed. The onus is on you to do the same and not promulgate and hype faulty technology to the community.

The Sybil attack is, in my qualified opinion, the weakest part of the Sia protocol. But we do have sufficient defense against it, and that comes in the form of proof-of-burn.

Nope. I already explained why staking (analogously burning) doesn't provide sufficient security.

And I explained why you are incorrect.

You may myopically think so, but you are incorrect.

To reiterate, hosts burn coins to get weight. Renters are 2x as likely to pick a host with 2x the burned coins. An attacker can burn a whole bunch of coins 1 time to gain an advantage, but hosts in the ecosystem will ongoing be burning coins, and all of the hosts that have burned coins in the past will have preference that the attacker needs to overcome.

And you are not smart and/or experienced enough to see the flaw in this proposed design. Thus you should not be trusted by the community as a lead developer of anything to do with block chains.

If you presume that renters will prefer the host with the most burned coins, then hosts must either burn all their coins to be in the chosen top or they must join together to form an oligarchy of some sort (if that is possible) to stop other hosts from burning all their coins. Because the host that burns all his coins would then be chosen and he can then short the coin and delete all the data stored on the coin and walk away with the value that was in the coin.

If you presume some equilibrium level will be attained by the market where hosts can earn some profit, then the Sybil attacker can burn that many coins too, because he is being paid for all his Sybil hosts. The fact that he only stores the data once (for all his Sybil hosts) reduces his costs, so he can afford to burn more coins than the other honest hosts (or burn the same number of coins as other honest hosts yet have higher profits). And the renter ends up with only 1 copy of the backup instead of the many copies they paid for.

You've solved nothing. And that you can't see this obvious flaw means you don't have the IQ to even be attempting this. Please just do yourself a favor and quit now. This is above your pay grade.

A sufficiently disruptive attacker can be displaced with a simple blacklisting.

So you attempt to solve decentralized file storage by making it centralized.  Roll Eyes

Also you can't identify who the attacker is! For as long as the attacker is successfully storing only one copy but charging for multiple hosts, this is not detectable. That is the entire point I made about why this is insoluble. Duh! You really need a citation? It is a simple logic.

Your arguments are not sufficiently fleshed out. You do a substantial amount of handwaving...

Sorry you are just hyper ignorant.

I can't believe anyone placed investment with you. There are some super n00bs here. I am also amazed that smooth is so clueless that he needs you to write a white paper.

An attacker cannot gain cost-efficiency by storing all the data, because the redundant pieces are encrypted with different keys, and the attacker is unable to figure out which pieces are not needed.

Sure he can. He can put all the pieces in the same data center where he can maximize his economies-of-scale, e.g. build own datacenter next to hydropower. Are you so ignorant to not realize that the actual cost of the harddisks is not only component of the cost of storage focused datacenter.

You've just shifted the centralization incentive to the Sybil attack.

And what is the point? We can already pay now for cloud storage on many providers (hosts). The point was that people could stand up nodes, but as you see a datacenter focused Sybil attack will always be more efficient and thus can burn more coins than nodes by those with less economies-of-scale.

Notwithstanding the above which is already sufficient to make your oxymoronic design for a decentralized file store attackable by centralization, additionally any public data can't be encrypted in a way that can hidden from the attacker. So the design is an unarguable failure for hosting public files such as downloadable music, internet web page files, etc..

Additionally it is probably possible to detect which redundant encrypted pieces (in the case of non-public data) are the same, by failing on a request for a piece and correlating with timing analysis and client IP to the request for the other piece. There is no way to prove that a failed request was not a network timeout, which is another problem I haven't yet dropped on you.  Wink

TPTB_need_war (OP)

View Profile
March 11, 2016, 03:26:21 PM

It looks illogical when in the same post you talk about laws and label me as a criminal. Pay attention to this, please.

I suggest you improve (pay attention to) your reading comprehension. I have specifically gone out of my way to make it clear that I am not accusing you of a conviction. See quotes below. And if you read my posts on this page and the prior one, I am speaking about what I think the legal entity "Iota/JINN" is doing w.r.t. to securities (not you personally) and then I relate to you in terms of your own personal ethics and the outcomes from personal ethics in my experience in life.

My point is once someone heads down the path of unethical choices, there is no turning away from criminality. They enter the dark underworld. The criminal mindset doesn't compute this probability correctly. I am speaking in generalities in this paragraph and not making an accusation.

I am perfectly within my rights to comment in a forum with my conjecture. That is what speculation forums are for.

As for your personal culpability, you may or may not be adequately shielded by clever corporate structure

Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

View Profile
March 11, 2016, 03:28:01 PM

I suggest you improve (pay attention to) your reading comprehension.

Ok, my reading comprehension is indeed not brilliant.
altcoinUK

View Profile
March 11, 2016, 03:32:45 PM

Perhaps Iota has complied in Norwary under EU law.

No, it doesn't comply. There is no jurisdiction exists in Europe which allows raising capital by promising to deliver a radically new, novel microprocessor design and a revenue generating IoT system, while the business operates in the momma's basement of the CEO, the business has no office nor R&D facilities nor any employees. In the meantime, the completely baseless promise of microprocessor and IoT system is framed in a crypto currency ICO which is hyped by an army of sockpuppets and shills to target noobs and naive idiots via a pump and dump process. Such "project" is classified as a fraud in all European jurisdictions.
TPTB_need_war (OP)

View Profile
March 11, 2016, 03:59:14 PM

Synereo:

Pre-selling the AMPs before having a viable design and viable product ready for Synereo is already a sign of a scam.

Then I have explained (read the linked threads from my prior post) that the attention model doesn't work economically when AMPs are incorporated. If anything remains of value, it is the Reo without the AMPS.

Thus the AMPs are a not a viable investment, except for a P&D.

Yeah the Reo might work. And indeed a decentralized social network may have market importance. But there is no viable investment here, because the AMPs are an incorrectly conceived component.

Any way there are others already releasing decentralized open source social networks, such as Diaspora is I think now in Beta. Synereo's Reo could potentially offer some advantage, but that still won't make the AMPs viable.

Perhaps Synereo will repurpose the AMPs in another use case other than the attention model. Any way, my point is the AMPs are for sale but Synereo is far from figuring out what they should be designing and implementing. They are too far off on hairbrained failure directed shit like Casper. And the competitors are moving forward rapidly.

Also AMPs are very likely illegal unregistered investment securities per the Howey test. So the future looks bleak for Synereo.

What I see is they are good at making regular video hangouts, but really not well focused as a software development company. Too much time wasted talking and attempting pie-in-the-sky designs that are still not threshed out and in some respects are insoluble until they change focus and direction.

I studied them carefully trying to think if I could gain more by partnering with them and trying to refocus them, and I decided I could do much better without their existing team. Greg Meredith is smart and a math whiz. But Steve Jobs wasn't a math whiz, yet you can see which of the two accomplished more in software. My point is I see the wrong company culture. I been around in Silicon valley and such, so I think I am a good at making these appraisals.

Again I respect their intellect, but not their focus. And the pre-selling of AMPs (even if they could work in the attention model, which they can't) is despicable IMO (and probably illegal as well).

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: