Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 09:08:02 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Why should only a tiny tiny % get reasonable entry? would you like some coins at ICO price??
Yes everyone should have fair opportunity - 7 (13.2%)
I own iota and think people should pay 3000% more than i did. - 36 (67.9%)
I think it's the nxt people trying to scam us again I want nothing to do with it. - 10 (18.9%)
Total Voters: 53

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: POLL [IOTA ]- ICO 2 -Do YOU want to buy IOTA at a reasonable price? OR BIG SCAM?  (Read 6677 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
cryptohunter (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
March 11, 2016, 12:36:33 AM
Last edit: March 26, 2016, 04:44:20 PM by cryptohunter

OPTION 4 - (WILL BE MANUALLY UPDATED HERE ACCORDING TO THE POSTS IN THE THREAD)

Option 4 = I THINK IT'S OKAY TO BE CHARGED 3000% MORE FOR IOTA than ico prices.

If you want to vote option 4 then post in the thread you want to go for option 4.

Sadly I had to reset the poll because people were NOT following the rules. It was not designed for iota owners to say they thought it was okay to sell iota for 3000% to other people who missed the ICO. People were voting and not posting on the thread. Now if peope want to vote in favour of paying 3000% need just post on the thread that you think it's okay. I will manually update it and add votes to option 4.

CURRENTLY 31 OUT OF 75 VOTERS CONSIDER IOTA A SCAM!! - let's help them change their image and be fair to everyone. NXT2 is not allowed.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1393703.120

If you vote no  and you  don't mind paying 3000% over ICO then make sure add comment and post that you voted that way in the thread so we can see you're not already an I Own Tons Assholes  hoarder already. You meant to voting you don't mind investing at 3000% ico price not that you want others to give you 3000% interest on your BTC..

Do you remember NXT - you know the coin that was sold to a handful of people for NXT to nothing?? 21btc for the entire amount of NXT

They then sold it to you guys for millions and millions of dollars (1000's  X THE PRICE OF THE ICO)

Cool idea hey?

Now they have always been accused of terrible initial distribution  on this board. This board is all us crypto folk have. I don't blame them for not going out in the world and forcing people that don't know what crypto or even bitcoin is into giving them their USD for a share. That is unreasonable and unrealistic. However, surely they could have done a little better with the distribution than just a handful of different people. (We think they were different people anyway because they have different usernames on this board)

Time passes and not many people were involved in crypto back then...compares to now....

Now years later the same people involved with NXT want to try it all over again. They maybe dumped all those NXT tokens and want more of your BTC.

OK here comes IOTA. Seemingly great idea almost like NXT something - ahead of it's time.

This time though they surely won't try and keep it all for a very very small selection of this board. I mean they wouldn't for instance have such a small group of investors that they can again try and sell it to you for example 1000X  THE PRICE OF THE ICO.

I MEAN WE WOULD NEVER FALL FOR THAT AGAIN WOULD WE???

NOT BY  THE VERY SAME PEOPLE???

This is i believe exactly what I think they are gearing up to do. It is not even out and they want  30X ico and the pumping and hysteria has not set in yet.

They will tell you as all those who want to have 1000X their investment will tell you . That you are complaining because you did not get any!! You're butthurt and sour grapes.

THEY ARE 100% correct.

But you have reason to be. This was not like you had a reasonable chance to invest and chose not to.

Do you think you missed this ICO because you don't like the idea of IOTA?
DO you think you missed this ICO because you just didn't notice IOTA?
It's your fault right??

Wrong - if you are regular on this board you WILL see IOTA being pumped and pumped and pumped very soon.  You won't be allowed to miss the PUMP i can assure you.

If you are running an ICO on this board you will more than likely follow 1 of the 2 possible scams options.

1. The good tech scam - like nxt has desirable innovation.

The  Insta - ICO.

Quick mention - kept to their thread little or nothing on main board (in nxt day there was only the main board)
You will get no pumping during the ICO at all. You will not hear pumping from the few investors or devs. You will miss it if you are not searching for it. There will be no open ledger of investors like with NEM or any of those.

Now that the ICO is over and the tokens are concentrated in say 1% or less of the board members hands the pumping can start. Even better if it's not on exchange. The longer the tokens are kept off of the exchange the better especially if the hype may be larger than the product can deliver. Keep pumping with minimal release from the few hoarders.

Soon you can demand and establish a crazy price. Already IOTA is 3000% higher than ICO and not even released. I discuss the token only not the internet of things promised that apparently depends upon successful completion of a processor beyond the scope of intel and amd.

If the intial distribution was fair and everyone had a reasonable chance to buy in at ICO like they claim. Then how it is that now they can charge 3000% more? Did a lot of people suddenly have a change of heart?? didn't want to buy for 30x less but now they do? very strange since it's not out.

This is NOTHING. 3000% is not enough no.....they will have you pay 100000% if they can.

The pump hasn't even started yet. Be ready.

2. The NO tech scam

the second kind of ICO scam is where there is no tech nor innovation and the pump is during the ICO after all these people want lots of investors they are not hiding to hoard. They want BTC directly and now not later on. There is no later on their product is a sham. They get the BTC now and run.

Should we all have a fair chance to invest?

Should we advertise the ICO in sig campaigns and give rewards for face book and twitter to get some real good distribution going?

Since we are unsure of the people running it should the second ICO funds be held by in multi sig accounts by well know escrows and released to the IOTA team as they progress and launch a working product??

I Own Tons Assholes.

I had a chat with CFB in another thread where he mentioned the use of purchased hero BTT accounts.

I mentioned that I thought it could be possible that even the few accounts that did enter the IOTA ico could have been purchased. I mean these could be owned by just one person. Imagine reducing the distribution from tiny to miniscule.

Expecting him to say that would be terrible right ?? at least pretend that this kind of thing would not be good for the project??

He replied to me it would make no difference because BTT was not important???

The only way they can pull a NXT on you all again and force you to pay millions for what each of them paid 1000x less is if you let them release it with this kind of distribution and buy it for the levels they can dictate by totally controlling the supply.

Vote to have a 2nd ICO with funds held by escrows - I have no issue with them having more funds if they bring tech worth paying for at a reasonable level. Not being shafted by their crafty stealth insta ico into a NXT2 situation though.

Vote and have your say. However keep to the facts and don't make personal insults.

We are discussing the fair advertising and release of a second ICO.

If you think the distribution should be widened and would like to have a fair opportunity to invest at a reasonable level not 3000% higher... then vote for a second ICO.

After voting I would like to invite you to discuss things we can do on BTT to ensure wider  distribution and just all round fair play on this board.

If you vote no  and you  don't mind paying 3000% over ICO then make sure add comment and post that you voted that way in the thread so we can see you're not already an I Own Tons Assholes  hoarder already. You meant to voting you don't mind investing at 3000% ico price not that you want others to give you 3000% interest on your BTC..

Please in the discussion keep to topic and no swearing and profane language else it will be deleted. You should be able to express yourself without that.

useless eater

Activity: 94
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 11, 2016, 01:34:28 AM

wha?

This coin hasn't even reached the exchanges yet.  Wait until there is some liquidity, the price will come down.  What you are hearing is hype. 5 desparate guys trading in a very illiquid environment.  General economic theory at work here.
cryptohunter (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 11, 2016, 02:07:38 PM

strange I see 3 votes for

I would pay 3000% but i see no posting here of 3 people??

must be owners of IOTA I guess. If not post who you are when you vote, if you vote for option 2 - that you want to pay 3000%

Vicodin

Activity: 226
Merit: 100

Power the World for FREE

View Profile
March 21, 2016, 04:54:48 AM

So after begging, and begging, and starting new topics that were... you guessed it..... begging for Iota to have a second ICO, now you call it a scam.

Pathetic

cryptohunter (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 21, 2016, 05:33:58 AM

So after begging, and begging, and starting new topics that were... you guessed it..... begging for Iota to have a second ICO, now you call it a scam.

Pathetic

Begging and suggesting can be confused. I can only try and help the IOTA ico seem to make an effort at some kind of fair distribution at ico price not 3000% mark up. I tried to help them seem less scammy after reading the poll results showing 50% classed IOTA as a scam already before release.

Oh how kind of you .... did you vote?

It seems the other (I Own Tons Assholes  owners) people who voted they wanted to by at 3000% for some reason rather than pay 30x (seems unreasonable) didn't want to leave their names.

I wonder why?

Please keep replying here on this thread. I'd like to keep you talking to me on here all day.

Vicodin

Activity: 226
Merit: 100

Power the World for FREE

View Profile
March 21, 2016, 10:42:49 AM

Yes we know
We know how confused you are

cryptohunter (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 21, 2016, 10:52:19 AM

The funny thing is this thread confirms that most think it's a scam from the nxt people. Nobody thinks its okay to demand 3000% who will put their name to the poll. The rest want a 2nd ICO. Ha!

You are surely anti iota. Who else would bump this thread other than someone trying to destroy the project before it's off the ground.?

Come on be gentle on them. Let them continue scamming in peace on their own thread.

Now I've explained this to you you'll surely not post on this thread again will you?? I mean you were just confused and didn't understand this thread looks very bad for iota?

LitcoinCollector
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 21, 2016, 11:02:49 AM

@cryptohunter
Have you bought Iota at Ico?

If searching for gold/ gems would be easy, everybody would do it and it would not have value.

Nobody is going to spoonfeed you information, the Ico was 1 month on BCT, lot's of time, totally transparant.

Investing in general and especially investing in crypto is a risk. Never invest more than you are willing to loose.
Snail2
Legendary

Activity: 1512

View Profile
March 21, 2016, 11:12:28 AM

@cryptohunter

If searching for gold/ gems would be easy, everybody would do it and it would not have value.

Nobody is going to spoonfeed you information, the Ico was 1 month on BCT, lot's of time, totally transparant.

Investing in general and especially investing in crypto is a risk. Never invest more than you are willing to loose.

I agree, the ICO was there all of us know about it. Actually this argument is pretty much the same as in the case of NXT. The NXT ICO was open, it was here for a long time but only twenty some people was interested enough to invest some BTC in it. During the beta testing they also gave away a lot of NTXs for testers, for a while it was also sold between 100-300 sats here on BTT. When it later went to the moon a big bunch of people started accusing them with ninja launch and talking about fair distribution.
cryptohunter (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 21, 2016, 11:42:52 AM

@cryptohunter

I agree, the ICO was there all of us know about it. Actually this argument is pretty much the same as in the case of NXT. The NXT ICO was open, it was here for a long time but only twenty some people was interested enough to invest some BTC in it. During the beta testing they also gave away a lot of NTXs for testers, for a while it was also sold between 100-300 sats here on BTT. When it later went to the moon a big bunch of people started accusing them with ninja launch and talking about fair distribution.

Look no amount of twisting can help here. Unless that is you want all ico to be given to 21 apparently different people??

A lot of people think ICO should be banned full stop. Is it because they missed out on ICO's that didn't even happen yet??

NO. They and everyone here knows how easy it is to rig an ICO here with no regulation and no transparency. There is no way to know who or what amount is bought. The only way to try and ensure it is not totally gamed by the devs is to ENSURE maximum advertising is done to give everyone a fair chance and taking part.

If it was mining you are arguing for the launch not to be advertised in advance with super instamining low diff at the start and a very short mining period. Doesn't sound fair to me. If that sounds fair to you then that's okay.

POW with strict guidelines is the only fair method of distribution. ICO are so open to be gamed and now you are saying that the only method we have to ensure they are not totally gamed is not important.

NXT - well yes back then asking for an entire btc was prohibitive to the uptake in the project. If you wanted distribution  why not say 0.1 BTC? probably get a hell of a lot more than 21 btc total and more distribution. They over did that and the initial hoarders knew they had to give it out a bit to others or nobody would bite at all.

You seem to be going to a lot of trouble to defend this project for someone not invested in it. So far your defence seems lacking.

Tell me now you want to pay 3000% for something not even released, not even sure it's going to function. No clear set in stone benefits. Based on iota super processor that looks to others very unlikely. Others now probably going to be first to market with zero transaction fees. You tell me you want to pay it even though you didn't choose to invest but knew all about it. Okay well you can tell me these things but I'm not sure if you are just kidding or not.

LitcoinCollector
Legendary

View Profile
March 21, 2016, 11:55:04 AM

@cryptohunter
Please answer this one simple question:
Did you buy Iota?

1 whole BTC OH NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! This is outrageous!!
Snail2
Legendary

View Profile
March 21, 2016, 12:32:47 PM

If it was mining you are arguing for the launch not to be advertised in advance with super instamining low diff at the start and a very short mining period. Doesn't sound fair to me. If that sounds fair to you then that's okay.
POW with strict guidelines is the only fair method of distribution. ICO are so open to be gamed and now you are saying that the only method we have to ensure they are not totally gamed is not important.

Bollocks. PoW isn't fair at all. A few guys with serious mining gear will grab the majority of the coins and then they can manipulate the market at will. What's the difference, if big miners or big ICO investors playing God on Polo and Trex?

NXT - well yes back then asking for an entire btc was prohibitive to the uptake in the project. If you wanted distribution  why not say 0.1 BTC? probably get a hell of a lot more than 21 btc total and more distribution. They over did that and the initial hoarders knew they had to give it out a bit to others or nobody would bite at all.

When NXT started back in 2013 summer BTC was somewhere around $60-80 but even during early autumn it was something barely above $100 (it exploded in the second part of october and in november) that's doesn't seem to me very restrictive. Most of us were simply more interested in quick profits on LTC clones or on other crap, and by the time NXT exploded it was to late to jump on board.

You seem to be going to a lot of trouble to defend this project for someone not invested in it. So far your defence seems lacking.

Tell me now you want to pay 3000% for something not even released, not even sure it's going to function. No clear set in stone benefits. Based on iota super processor that looks to others very unlikely. Others now probably going to be first to market with zero transaction fees. You tell me you want to pay it even though you didn't choose to invest but knew all about it. Okay well you can tell me these things but I'm not sure if you are just kidding or not.

To be honest I just simply don't like if butthurt people complaining about unfairness after not reading the ANN topics. BTW unlike in the case of NXT I've intentionally missed this ICO as I think it will follow the same path as NXT: good innovation -> zero marketing -> sink.
I'll go for a clone with proven good marketing folks around Smiley.

cryptohunter (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 21, 2016, 12:47:55 PM
Last edit: March 21, 2016, 12:58:19 PM by cryptohunter

Bollocks. PoW isn't fair at all. A few guys with serious mining gear will grab the majority of the coins and then they can manipulate the market at will. What's the difference, if big miners or big ICO investors playing God on Polo and Trex?

NXT - well yes back then asking for an entire btc was prohibitive to the uptake in the project. If you wanted distribution  why not say 0.1 BTC? probably get a hell of a lot more than 21 btc total and more distribution. They over did that and the initial hoarders knew they had to give it out a bit to others or nobody would bite at all.

When NXT started back in 2013 summer BTC was somewhere around $60-80 but even during early autumn it was something barely above $100 (it exploded in the second part of october and in november) that's doesn't seem to me very restrictive. Most of us were simply more interested in quick profits on LTC clones or on other crap, and by the time NXT exploded it was to late to jump on board.

To be honest I just simply don't like if butthurt people complaining about unfairness after not reading the ANN topics. BTW unlike in the case of NXT I've intentionally missed this ICO as I think it will follow the same path as NXT: good innovation -> zero marketing -> sink.
I'll go for a clone with proven good marketing folks around Smiley.

Even a snail will come out of it's shell if it has enough motive it seems. Really all this battle because you don't like people being "butthurt and sour grapes" But really come on must we talk as children. Let's not focus only on our own personal likes and dislikes..

How can you even start to say POW can be as gamed as ICO. That is really silly. Try again please.

Here is POW

1 announced ahead of time and advertised launch time and date with wallets in zipped rars
2. low block reward to start
3. fast scaling diff
4. long mining period.

Tell me again how this is open to gaming like your ico with no regulation, no transparency. It's quite strange that you would even suggest it. Nobody knows who invested , what they invested , if devs just sent a load of btc to themselves a few times, it's a complete closed door behind which anything could be taking place.

The smaller and less known about the ICO is the far easier it is to game.

You've released some coins in the past right? what were they again?

(You are wrong about NXT - i jumped on board. I still hold all the cheap nxt I bought the day after the sale. I collect coins I don't often sell.)
Doesn't stop me saying it's a scam. I probably hold more nxt that you have ever done.

gaba

Activity: 249
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 21, 2016, 01:01:51 PM

How about 6000%. Why is NXT scam? You don't believe in POS? You missed that too. NXT is still alive and kicking. I heard ETH intends to switch to POS Smiley, and now these is suddenly best feature ever. Did you know that thanks to NXT  we have XEM, Crypti, Burst, QORA, Wave....  LISK is nothing but Crypti without main developer. Good luck with that.

LWWE6dtTUXuaq36KTCne5XqMQHfhfwpadC
Snail2
Legendary

View Profile
March 21, 2016, 01:02:47 PM

Even a snail will come out of it's shell if it has enough motive it seems. Really all this battle because you don't like people being "butthurt and sour grapes" But really come on must we talk as children. Let's not focus only on our own personal likes and dislikes..

OK fair enough Smiley.

How can you even start to say POW can be as gamed as ICO. That is really silly. Try again please.

Here is POW

1 announced ahead of time and advertised launch time and date with wallets in zipped rars
3. fast scaling diff
4. long mining period.

Tell me again how this is open to gaming like your ico with no regulation, no transparency. It's quite strange that you would even suggest it.

Well, how can I say that? Maybe because of experience? Using PoW as distribution method is of course a different approach, but you will end up with the same results as in the case of an ICO. Actually because of the limited availability the "pump price" will be higher. Can you remember the initial AUR pump, or the huge LTC pump and dump in 2013-2014? Several very fairly distributed (given away like COMM, or C2 and some others) went on the same path. After the distribution people dumped it for BTC a few people bought it in large quantities for 0.1 btc per stake (1million coin), pumped it to 200-300 sats and then dumped the coin down under 10 sats.
cryptohunter (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 21, 2016, 01:12:09 PM

OK fair enough Smiley.

Here is POW

3. fast scaling diff
4. long mining period.

Tell me again how this is open to gaming like your ico with no regulation, no transparency. It's quite strange that you would even suggest it.

Well, how can I say that? Maybe because of experience? Using PoW as distribution method is of course a different approach, but you will end up with the same results as in the case of an ICO. Actually because of the limited availability the "pump price" will be higher. Can you remember the initial AUR pump, or the huge LTC pump and dump in 2013-2014? Several very fairly distributed (given away like COMM, or C2 and some others) went on the same path. After the distribution people dumped it for BTC a few people bought it in large quantities for 0.1 btc per stake (1million coin), pumped it to 200-300 sats and then dumped the coin down under 10 sats.

thanks, let's talk as adults and just deal with reason, logic and the facts.

1.The POW model as I described it can not realistically be easily dominated by any person or without them expending = energy per coin as anyone else. If it can then not in a great way. Your example still does not counter the version of POW I put forward. Not anywhere near the extent of an ico with no regulation or transparency. One person especially with a small ico say 50 people or 100 people could easily find numerous ways to get HUGE percentages of the total minting. Especially if it has no POW. Even a large ICO with no transparency at all the dev could take a lot of the minting there are many ways. Sending BTC to his own dev pot, making false accounts etc etc.

2. "Several very fairly distributed (given away like COMM, or C2 and some others) went on the same path. After the distribution people dumped it for BTC a few people bought it in large quantities for 0.1 btc per stake (1million coin), pumped it to 200-300 sats and then dumped the coin down under 10 sats."

The difference is. They had the choice. They had a choice to sell. The coins were fairly distributed to them. They owned those coins. They chose to give them away for nothing.

ICO - stealth insta ico = no choice to get coins.
ICO - huge advertised but run off with funds and no tech = no choice to get coins

ICO in crypto = turkey shoot for the devs.

Only hope for ICO = make it huge advertise advertise advertise it. Get everyone looking at it. The more real people buying in the harder for the devs to control it all. Add POW as a stage of the distribution.

NEM even listed share holders publically so you can see how many shares they had. Yes probably some sock puppets etc but far far harder for them to game it when public with ledger.

small ico = to easy to game.

Look at nas = entire minting to like 9 people. How is that coin alive. It was recently pumped to top 20?

Iota is not the worst out there. But they did it already with nxt. Time to bring in some more fair ICO or go back to POW.

cryptohunter (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 21, 2016, 01:23:10 PM

How about 6000%. Why is NXT scam? You don't believe in POS? You missed that too. NXT is still alive and kicking. I heard ETH intends to switch to POS Smiley, and now these is suddenly best feature ever. Did you know that thanks to NXT  we have XEM, Crypti, Burst, QORA, Wave....  LISK is nothing but Crypti without main developer. Good luck with that.

You are confused.

1. NXT is a type 1 ico scam.

Type one have decent tech. CFB is not stupid. NXT tech is good it is still here.

We are not discussing the tech we are discussing the intitial distribution methods.

I am not as yet saying IOTA token is fake tech - although yes it is untested out there in the wild with lots of users. There have already been critics regarding certain areas of this concept.

I am saying the ICO was not advertised enough, it was fast, it is now being deliberately held up so coins are captive from the vast open market whilst they pump up hysteria here so 3000% is the expect price when it does go to exchange.

Get it on exchange let us see if it works well, then get something behind it solid to pump it about.

LitcoinCollector
Legendary

View Profile
March 21, 2016, 01:45:12 PM

Because you didn't invest in profitable projects doesn't make it a scams.
The crypto ecosystem we are in is still in a experimental stadium.
Some project work, some don't but we learn and create 2.0, 3.0 etc.

My main interest is keeping up with the tech and what can be achieved, and I am also not against making some money.
Nxt early investors are millionairs, good for them, stop whining about it. If you can't stand the heat stay out of the kitchen.
cryptohunter (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 21, 2016, 01:50:16 PM

My main interest is keeping up with the tech and what can be achieved, and I am also not against making some money.
Nxt early investors are millionairs, good for them, stop whining about it. If you can't stand the heat stay out of the kitchen.

whining...butthurt...sour grapes....jelly belly....

the three most common phrases used to describe anyone who questions the validity/legitimacy of a coin distributed only to 0.001% of the board whilst being touted as fair distribution.

LitcoinCollector
Legendary

View Profile
March 21, 2016, 01:52:46 PM

whining...butthurt...sour grapes....jelly belly....

the three most common phrases used to describe anyone who questions the validity/legitimacy of a coin distributed only to 0.001% of the board whilst being touted as fair distribution.

Are you unable to process information?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: