Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 03:23:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 [130] 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 ... 345 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][XEL] Elastic Project - The Decentralized Supercomputer  (Read 450431 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
HomoHenning

Activity: 784
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 16, 2016, 08:40:46 PM

Anyone has XEL to sell? Is there a thread for it already?
I would sell some for 10K satoshi each
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cryptoboy.architect

Activity: 513

View Profile
November 16, 2016, 08:51:37 PM

Would be nice if trading discussions happen outside of this thread. I liked that it was mostly technology focused so far.
Evil-Knievel
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1168

View Profile
November 16, 2016, 09:14:50 PM

Groom, if you still have problems you could try the Docker image as well.
Someone has requested it a few days ago, so I implemented a Docker framework for elastic.

Check it out: https://github.com/OrdinaryDude/elastic-docker
(The shell script make it easier to use Docker, their file names are self explaining)
cryptoboy.architect

Activity: 513

View Profile
November 16, 2016, 09:18:17 PM

Groom, if you still have problems you could try the Docker image as well.
Someone has requested it a few days ago, so I implemented a Docker framework for elastic.

Check it out: https://github.com/OrdinaryDude/elastic-docker
(The shell script make it easier to use Docker, their file names are self explaining)

Yeah, I requested it - it saves a lot of time for those that want to mess with it but don't have time to resolve versioning conflicts locally.

You da man! Smiley
Evil-Knievel
Legendary

View Profile
November 16, 2016, 10:31:29 PM

@cryptoboy: thanks ;-)

By the way: I have updated the instructions here: http://elastic-project.com/installing_and_running_elastic
Bgjjj2016

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

Ben2016

View Profile
November 16, 2016, 11:23:09 PM

@cryptoboy: thanks ;-)

By the way: I have updated the instructions here: http://elastic-project.com/installing_and_running_elastic
hi EK, when the Mainet starts, wallets, coin redemption, will iPad work or need a Mac? Thank you !

My " I want that Old Toyota Camry very bad" BTC Fund :1DQU4oqmZRcKSzg7MjPLMuHrMwnbDdjQRM
Join the Elastic revolution! Elastic Network: The Decentralized Supercomputer 
ELASTIC WEBSITE|ANNOUNCEMENT THREAD|JOIN THE SLACK
Bgjjj2016

Activity: 448

Ben2016

View Profile
November 16, 2016, 11:25:59 PM

I respect your price but Elastic has much much more potential down the road IMHO.

My " I want that Old Toyota Camry very bad" BTC Fund :1DQU4oqmZRcKSzg7MjPLMuHrMwnbDdjQRM
Join the Elastic revolution! Elastic Network: The Decentralized Supercomputer 
ELASTIC WEBSITE|ANNOUNCEMENT THREAD|JOIN THE SLACK
dumple

Activity: 170
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 17, 2016, 12:30:53 AM

Evil-Knievel, thanks for all of your hard work! Not only have you come through with the development, but you also did it in the time frame you said you would. That's extremely impressive. This project has a bright future with a dev like you involved.

wwdz99

Activity: 243

View Profile
November 17, 2016, 01:57:31 AM

EK,pls help me.thx.

I am moving everything to maven right now. Should be finished soon.
For now, you could check out elastic pl, then "mvn compile package install"
and then do the same for elastic-core. You can then run elastic using "java -jar target/elastic-core-0.6.0.jar"

This process will be made easier soon.

Code:
$ mvn compile package install
[INFO] Scanning for projects...
[WARNING]
[WARNING] Some problems were encountered while building the effective model for elastic-core:elastic-core:jar:0.6.0
[WARNING] 'build.plugins.plugin.version' for org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-surefire-plugin is missing. @ line 60, column 15
[WARNING] 'build.plugins.plugin.version' for org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-jar-plugin is missing. @ line 48, column 15
[WARNING]
[WARNING] It is highly recommended to fix these problems because they threaten the stability of your build.
[WARNING]
[WARNING] For this reason, future Maven versions might no longer support building such malformed projects.
[WARNING]
[INFO]                                                                         
[INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------------
[INFO] Building elastic-core 0.6.0
[WARNING] The POM for elastic-pl:elastic-pl:jar:0.0.1 is missing, no dependency information available
[INFO] BUILD FAILURE
[INFO] Total time: 0.934 s
[INFO] Finished at: 2016-11-16T20:08:12+01:00
[INFO] Final Memory: 12M/309M
[ERROR] Failed to execute goal on project elastic-core: Could not resolve dependencies for project elastic-core:elastic-core:jar:0.6.0: Failure to find elastic-pl:elastic-pl:jar:0.0.1 in https://repo.maven.apache.org/maven2 was cached in the local repository, resolution will not be reattempted until the update interval of central has elapsed or updates are forced -> [Help 1]
[ERROR]
[ERROR] To see the full stack trace of the errors, re-run Maven with the -e switch.
[ERROR] Re-run Maven using the -X switch to enable full debug logging.
[ERROR]
[ERROR] For more information about the errors and possible solutions, please read the following articles:
[ERROR] [Help 1] http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAVEN/DependencyResolutionException

On mac

The error does not come, if you exactly follow the instruction

Wink  elastic-pl ist not yet in the central repository so has to be installed manually.

Code:
[INFO] BUILD FAILURE
[INFO] Total time: 29:53 min
[INFO] Finished at: 2016-11-17T09:53:48+08:00
[INFO] Final Memory: 11M/27M
[ERROR] Failed to execute goal on project elastic-core: Could not resolve depend
encies for project elastic-core:elastic-core:jar:0.6.0: Could not find artifact
elastic-pl:elastic-pl:jar:0.0.1 in central (https://repo.maven.apache.org/maven2
) -> [Help 1]
[ERROR]
[ERROR] To see the full stack trace of the errors, re-run Maven with the -e swit
ch.
[ERROR]
[ERROR] For more information about the errors and possible solutions, please rea
d the following articles:
[ERROR] [Help 1] http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAVEN/DependencyReso
lutionException

Build failure with Maven too.Any suggestion?
drays
Legendary

Activity: 2520
Merit: 1073

View Profile
November 17, 2016, 02:11:08 AM

Evil-Knievel, thanks for all of your hard work! Not only have you come through with the development, but you also did it in the time frame you said you would. That's extremely impressive. This project has a bright future with a dev like you involved.

Actually, Elastic could become a showcase project for EK Grin
If/when it actually proves to works, EK would be a most wanted star, having such project in his potfolio Smiley
A fame is often much more than the money..

Just saying... Smiley ...trying to encourage EK to keep on his awesome work on this, and forget about looking for another job  Tongue

... this space is not for rent ...
Ghoom

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 17, 2016, 04:55:38 AM

EK,pls help me.thx.

and then do the same for elastic-core. You can then run elastic using "java -jar target/elastic-core-0.6.0.jar"

Code:
[WARNING]
[WARNING] Some problems were encountered while building the effective model for elastic-core:elastic-core:jar:0.6.0
[WARNING] 'build.plugins.plugin.version' for org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-surefire-plugin is missing. @ line 60, column 15
[WARNING] 'build.plugins.plugin.version' for org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-jar-plugin is missing. @ line 48, column 15
[WARNING]
[WARNING] It is highly recommended to fix these problems because they threaten the stability of your build.
[WARNING]
[WARNING] For this reason, future Maven versions might no longer support building such malformed projects.
[WARNING]
[INFO]                                                                        
[WARNING] The POM for elastic-pl:elastic-pl:jar:0.0.1 is missing, no dependency information available
[INFO] BUILD FAILURE
[ERROR] Failed to execute goal on project elastic-core: Could not resolve dependencies for project elastic-core:elastic-core:jar:0.6.0: Failure to find elastic-pl:elastic-pl:jar:0.0.1 in https://repo.maven.apache.org/maven2 was cached in the local repository, resolution will not be reattempted until the update interval of central has elapsed or updates are forced -> [Help 1]
[ERROR]
[ERROR] To see the full stack trace of the errors, re-run Maven with the -e switch.
[ERROR]
[ERROR] For more information about the errors and possible solutions, please read the following articles:
[ERROR] [Help 1] http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAVEN/DependencyResolutionException

On mac

Wink  elastic-pl ist not yet in the central repository so has to be installed manually.

Yesterday I read the instructions too quickly. I compiled elastic pl too. Everything works perfectly. I will test your PM instructions for redeem.
Ghoom

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 17, 2016, 05:06:26 AM

EK,pls help me.thx.

Code:
[WARNING]
[WARNING]
[WARNING]
[WARNING]
[INFO]                                                                        
[INFO] BUILD FAILURE
[ERROR]
[ERROR]

On mac

Wink  elastic-pl ist not yet in the central repository so has to be installed manually.

Code:
[INFO] BUILD FAILURE
[INFO] Total time: 29:53 min
[INFO] Finished at: 2016-11-17T09:53:48+08:00
[INFO] Final Memory: 11M/27M
[ERROR] Failed to execute goal on project elastic-core: Could not resolve depend
encies for project elastic-core:elastic-core:jar:0.6.0: Could not find artifact
elastic-pl:elastic-pl:jar:0.0.1 in central (https://repo.maven.apache.org/maven2
) -> [Help 1]
[ERROR]
[ERROR] To see the full stack trace of the errors, re-run Maven with the -e swit
ch.
[ERROR]
[ERROR] For more information about the errors and possible solutions, please rea
d the following articles:
[ERROR] [Help 1] http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAVEN/DependencyReso
lutionException

Build failure with Maven too.Any suggestion?

git pull on elastic-pl
tomkat

Activity: 1022
Merit: 507

View Profile
November 17, 2016, 08:16:06 AM

"coming from pre-internet era"? Smiley That is the genuine wiki style, something all developers and tech professionals appreciate, and something regular users probably hate, as they like big moving pictures with zero information presented  Grin

Presentation is equally important as the tech these days. There're many examples of brilliant ideas that never happend just because they were not marketed, presented, hyped, PR-ed, incorrectly executed, etc. If your next facebook would look like that website, then just forget anyone would start using it. Would you pack your new snacks in gray bag, and send to markets without any advertising? You could do it, but your only market would be snacks-in-the-gray-bag lovers Smiley
cyberhacker
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 17, 2016, 08:21:06 AM

believe me. if the software is ready to launch, we are all prepared to do marketing.

look at my signature.  Grin

and we have more resources to spread the words.

I do believe there are handful of people looking at this project. (of course some well known exchanges)
z38630610
Legendary

Activity: 1050

View Profile
November 17, 2016, 08:27:35 AM

need on mac xel-system,@EK

▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████ ██ ████████▄▀█▄
█ ███████▄▄ ▌ ▄▄▄ ▀██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ████ ██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ▄▄▄▄ ▀█████ █
█ █████████ ▌ █████ █████ █
█ █████▄▀▀  ▌ ▀▀▀▀ ▄█████ █
▀█▄▀███████ ██ ████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
.JINBI..

merges gold’s investment
holding value
with
blockchain technology
...T H E   G O L D E N   I C O...
.────────     WHITEPAPER     ────────.
▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████ ██ ████████▄▀█▄
█ ███████▄▄ ▌ ▄▄▄ ▀██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ████ ██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ▄▄▄▄ ▀█████ █
█ █████████ ▌ █████ █████ █
█ █████▄▀▀  ▌ ▀▀▀▀ ▄█████ █
▀█▄▀███████ ██ ████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
cyberhacker
Legendary

Activity: 1330

View Profile
November 17, 2016, 01:02:41 PM

one question.

is elastic platform working as soomthly as nicehash.com?

coralreefer

Activity: 464
Merit: 260

View Profile
November 17, 2016, 02:03:14 PM

Hi EK,

I ran several tests on an earlier 0.6.0 version of core and it seems pretty stable.  I did notice that when the miner switched to a job that hadn't been mined in a while that usually the first couple of POW were rejected due to the difficulty, but overall, seems like a good improvement.

I've made several last minute fixes to the miner and uploaded the latest changes to my github.
Evil-Knievel
Legendary

View Profile
November 17, 2016, 02:05:07 PM

Hi EK,

I ran several tests on an earlier 0.6.0 version of core and it seems pretty stable.  I did notice that when the miner switched to a job that hadn't been mined in a while that usually the first couple of POW were rejected due to the difficulty, but overall, seems like a good improvement.

I've made several last minute fixes to the miner and uploaded the latest changes to my github.

Great, I will keep testing, and trying to fix that isue that you described.
Do you have some simple steps how I could reproduce that problem? What is "in a while"?

I am still working on the "retarget testcase". I promise that I will fix the "duplicate" message today, when more than 20 POWs are in the queue rejecting the subsequent ones.
coralreefer

Activity: 464
Merit: 260

View Profile
November 17, 2016, 02:14:01 PM

Hi EK,

Great, I will keep testing, and trying to fix that isue that you described.
Do you have some simple steps how I could reproduce that problem? What is "in a while"?

I am still working on the "retarget testcase". I promise that I will fix the "duplicate" message today, when more than 20 POWs are in the queue rejecting the subsequent ones.

The steps to reproduce the issue are:

1) Create 2 jobs
  2a) My jobs were simple so I waited for the bounties of the job I was mining to get claimed, then the miner automatically switched to the second job.
  2b) You can also simulate this by canceling the first job.

The reason I can't be more specific about the occurrence was that I had other bugs I was working out, but I believe it may have something to do with how quickly you submit a POW after switching to the second job.  Either way, just redo the steps above a couple times and I'm sure you'll see it.
bobmarley650
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 17, 2016, 02:17:51 PM

That's cheap, XEL has more value.

bobbtc@protonmail.com / Working day and night
Pages: « 1 ... 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 [130] 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 ... 345 »
  Print  

Jump to: