Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 08:37:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: CRYPTSY MAKES DEAL WITH HACKERS TO RETURN STOLEN 13,000 BTC, PAYS 13% FEE  (Read 3287 times)
fedmahnkassad

Activity: 840
Merit: 500

Twitter: @FedKassad

View Profile
March 14, 2016, 08:52:15 AM

who cares? BTC is mainly used for illegal things so why do you complain about a "nice" exit?  Grin

you are keep using shit exchangers like BTC-e, Bitfinex, BTC China and so on...why do cry for losing your funds when you know what BTC involves, RISK Smiley

stop fudding, there are plenty fo merchants that accept bitcoin and now even steam is on track, do you think those are selling illegal stuff?

it's the criminal that choose the currency not the opposite, bitcoin has nothing to do with criminal activity

ROFL, it's like criminals never used USD
teddy5145

Activity: 714
Merit: 528

View Profile
March 14, 2016, 09:03:02 AM

That hacker is probably Big Vern himself, thinking he can fool us like an idiot Tongue
If i were the "real hacker" I will probably hide that bitcoin to myself, why would I give it back to the original owner
That's like you robbed a house last night and then come back again tomorrow saying "hey, I robbed your house yesterday, i can give your TV back if i can have the PS4 instead"
Bullshit Grin
BigVern is attempting a desperate escape with his last weapon apparently
mayax
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1004

View Profile
March 14, 2016, 10:23:23 AM

who cares? BTC is mainly used for illegal things so why do you complain about a "nice" exit?  Grin

you are keep using shit exchangers like BTC-e, Bitfinex, BTC China and so on...why do cry for losing your funds when you know what BTC involves, RISK Smiley

stop fudding, there are plenty fo merchants that accept bitcoin and now even steam is on track, do you think those are selling illegal stuff?

it's the criminal that choose the currency not the opposite, bitcoin has nothing to do with criminal activity

what merchants? Okcupid? LOL

Bitcoin is mainly used for criminal activities, period. You saw that when Silk was closed. The BTC value fell alot at that time. You must be blind or stupid to not see that Bitcoin is a niche e-currency used 95% of black market.

Who are the main "players"? The exchangers. Who is behind the main exchangers? Let's take some examples: BTC-e, BTC China, Okcoin, Bitfinex?

BTC-e is a shady company registered...where? Smiley  Okcoin is registered in Singapore without any financial license and they are chinesses. Smiley
Don't take Coinbase example because they DO NOT exist as exchangers. They are TOO small.

It's well known that OKcoin has FAKE volumes but it seems that they control +80% from the BTC exchanges. So, why do you complain that an exchanger like CRYPTSY is trying to exit like that? Smiley

http://bitcoincharts.com/charts/volumepie/
blacklizard

Activity: 139
Merit: 103

View Profile
March 14, 2016, 10:50:33 AM

One does not simply recover "lost" coins with the help of 'a' hacker.

What is the hacker going to do? Hack some BTC addresses to recover said coins? I almost spew my morning coffee over my screens when I read this lol.

RealPhotoshoper
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 14, 2016, 03:14:12 PM

http://www.bitcoinfuturesguide.com/uploads/6/4/6/5/64656757/5208407_orig.png

This is a totally bizarre story from Cryptsy. A PDF has been posted of a contract that Big Vern (Paul Vernon) signed, in Florida, for getting the 13,000 lost coins that were reported hacked. The deal is to pay 1750 BTC for that, with contingencies to get the lost LTC and other litecoins._

Why anybody would trust trading on that site after all that has happened, I don't know. Since last year we have been warning of issues from Cryptsy.
make no sense,i dont think this is gonna work,crptsy just try to make every people scammed by them have big hope to return their bitcoins,but the reality is shit,hacker can't give back crptsy bitcoin amount,even its return,it will not fully 100% of lost bitcoin.
Supercrypt
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1054

View Profile
March 14, 2016, 04:06:13 PM

This is a totally bizarre story from Cryptsy. A PDF has been posted of a contract that Big Vern (Paul Vernon) signed, in Florida, for getting the 13,000 lost coins that were reported hacked. The deal is to pay 1750 BTC for that, with contingencies to get the lost LTC and other litecoins._

Why anybody would trust trading on that site after all that has happened, I don't know. Since last year we have been warning of issues from Cryptsy.
make no sense,i dont think this is gonna work,crptsy just try to make every people scammed by them have big hope to return their bitcoins,but the reality is shit,hacker can't give back crptsy bitcoin amount,even its return,it will not fully 100% of lost bitcoin.
But, at least a partial amount also will make a big help to all cryptsy members. But I could not understand how the hackers come for a deal even for half of the amount.
aardvark15

Activity: 1008
Merit: 510

View Profile
March 14, 2016, 04:46:19 PM

But, at least a partial amount also will make a big help to all cryptsy members. But I could not understand how the hackers come for a deal even for half of the amount.

I don't think there really is a deal.  I think this is just a hoax.  If it were true, the coins could easily have been transferred by now.
Phildo
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 14, 2016, 07:08:40 PM

I don't think there really is a deal.  I think this is just a hoax.  If it were true, the coins could easily have been transferred by now.

Even if we take everything said at face value, Cryptsy has made a deal with a random person to pay him a certain amount when he gets the coins back. There has been nothing shown publicly to suggest that there is an possibility of this happening, so I'm not sure why anyone thinks anything will happen or why cryptsy has made any of this public.
aardvark15

Activity: 1008
Merit: 510

View Profile
March 14, 2016, 08:21:45 PM

Even if we take everything said at face value, Cryptsy has made a deal with a random person to pay him a certain amount when he gets the coins back. There has been nothing shown publicly to suggest that there is an possibility of this happening, so I'm not sure why anyone thinks anything will happen or why cryptsy has made any of this public.

Four possibilities(and others, I'm sure):

1)  (75% chance) The "hacker" and Cryptcracker are really Paul Vernon, the money never gets returned, this is all done publicly to make it look like he didn't steal the money, he walks away with the 13,000 bitcoins.

2)  (0.99% chance) The "hacker" and Cryptcracker are really Paul Vernon, the money does get returned, this is all done publicly to make it look like he didn't steal the money, he walks away with the reward of 1750 bitcoins.

3)  (24% chance) The money was really stolen but Cryptcracker doesn't know anything about it and is just trolling us and Paul Vernon.

4)  (0.01 % chance) The money was really stolen and Cryptcraker is telling the truth and Paul Vernon gets the money and returns it.
Arrakeen

Activity: 532

Offer escrow, receive negative trust

View Profile
March 15, 2016, 12:27:40 AM

Is anyone conducting an investigation into the addresses related to this whole fiasco, to try and uncover where all the missing funds went?
alyssa85
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1088

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
March 15, 2016, 01:52:58 AM

This story is really out there. But does anyone really care as long as they manage to finally get their coins out of Cryptsy?  It's not just the BTC anad LTC wallets that are locked. Doge and a whole bunch of others are locked too. There's a lot of coins tied up in there.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit InvestBox.|.BUY X10 AND EARN 10% DAILY.🏆
Phildo
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 15, 2016, 02:52:36 AM

This story is really out there. But does anyone really care as long as they manage to finally get their coins out of Cryptsy?  It's not just the BTC anad LTC wallets that are locked. Doge and a whole bunch of others are locked too. There's a lot of coins tied up in there.

You should care because this story being out there shows that you aren't getting your coins back.

Either Cryptsy is putting on a show to make it seem like they are getting the coins back for some reason that won't result in you getting your coins back.

or

They are stupid enough to believe this guy who has offered no proof that he can get the coins back, and are waiting on this jabroni to get the coins back when they could be doing other things that have a chance of working to get the coins back (assuming of course someone actually stole them).

Your coins are gone because you gave them to the wrong person.

You are in this situation because you didn't do anything about the "out there" stories and bullshit reasons they gave for their "technical problems" preventing withdrawals when you could have taken a loss by moving to coins that you could withdraw.

I'm not sure what (if anything) you should be doing instead of listening to this "out there" story, but sitting back and hoping it works out will work out just as well as it did when you did this to the withdrawal problems, and all the other scams that have come before.
BitcoinSupremo
Copper Member

Activity: 1442
Merit: 529

View Profile
March 15, 2016, 07:22:17 AM

Always the same story , first was MT.gox , then was Evolution market in the hidden net beginning of January 2015 ,lose of 12 mln dollar and price of bitcoin was 160 USD at that time, now it is Cryptsy. I hope some day a really honest exchange will show up and they would be happy with getting only their share of profit and not stealing peoples money.
X68N

Activity: 672

View Profile
March 15, 2016, 08:28:30 AM
Last edit: March 15, 2016, 10:37:35 PM by X68N

Well 13% doesnt sound bad for me, i lost more in the 2 months where cryptsy hold my coins blocked from trading.

I care more to get the coins back than a small loss, offcourse its fishy but we can debate later if we got something back.
At the Moment we have -> 0 <- Coins refunded.

also like mentioned before everybody involved in BTC/altcoins knows its a risky buisiness because of very high volatility.
So 13% is nothing to me.

ca

YOBIT IS SCAM , YOBIT IS SCAM , YOBIT IS SCAM meine Steuerdatei:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=612741.msg19244732#msg19244732
mbaeichapareiko

Activity: 101
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 15, 2016, 12:42:34 AM

So cryptsy seems to be down offline.   Any luck of getting some of our coins back.  Fortunately I only had a few alt. coins left their  not much  but every little bit counts.

Also Bter?  Whats the story with those guys?  Are they ever going to release our pending bit coins and alts?
Yakamoto
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007

View Profile
April 15, 2016, 12:54:05 AM

So cryptsy seems to be down offline.   Any luck of getting some of our coins back.  Fortunately I only had a few alt. coins left their  not much  but every little bit counts.

Also Bter?  Whats the story with those guys?  Are they ever going to release our pending bit coins and alts?
It has been a month since anyone posted on this topic, why would you revive it.

Cryptsy, assuming they are actually going to return the coins, will likely manually do it over the next little while, or have some announcement about it, don't expect for there to be much other info than that.
Arrakeen

Activity: 532

Offer escrow, receive negative trust

View Profile
April 15, 2016, 02:36:15 AM

That hacker is probably Big Vern himself, thinking he can fool us like an idiot Tongue
If i were the "real hacker" I will probably hide that bitcoin to myself, why would I give it back to the original owner
That's like you robbed a house last night and then come back again tomorrow saying "hey, I robbed your house yesterday, i can give your TV back if i can have the PS4 instead"
Bullshit Grin
BigVern is attempting a desperate escape with his last weapon apparently

Been saying he was behind everything as well, since the beginning...how anyone could believe this wasn't an inside job is beyond me.  What's even more surprising is how this BigFern asshole is still walking free - or walking at all, considering how many people he screwed over.  Hope he gets a big dose of karma soon...
Edwardard

Activity: 1050
Merit: 681

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2016, 08:56:45 AM

If the hacking was done by outsider, the hacker would have already moved the coins and withdraw.
alyssa85
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1088

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
April 15, 2016, 09:27:47 PM

Cryptsy's site has now been taken down entirely - for a short while it had "under maintenance", but it has now completely gone.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit InvestBox.|.BUY X10 AND EARN 10% DAILY.🏆
AdamCox9

Activity: 145