Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 04:56:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Avalon is (unfortunately) a scam. Here is why.  (Read 37932 times)
king_pin

Activity: 416
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2013, 12:15:27 PM

LOL Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
Yeah they may need a person like me so they look more real.
But I still don't understand why don't they post some undeniable proof, and make me and people like me sthu one and forever.
Until that moment comes I still say its a scam, or at least they are lying to some extend, just like BFL, and today a new delay was posted about batch 2. Why?

Help to save a persons life with BITCOIN - http://www.bitcoinsaves.org/en/

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Korbman
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 01, 2013, 12:26:59 PM

But I still don't understand why don't they post some undeniable proof, and make me and people like me sthu one and forever.

They've tried...but you keep letting your paranoia get the best of you Sad

Beepbop

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 01, 2013, 12:28:49 PM

There are still people who claim that 9/11 didn't happen, or was a controlled demoloition, and no amount of evidence will convince them otherwise. Likewise for the Moon landings. Every new piece of evidence is just something to be explained away with handwaving and ever more complex Ptolemaic models of the Solar System, and then ignored and conveniently forgotten about in the next discussion thread. Real Internet super-Herros they are.
creativex

Activity: 434

View Profile
February 01, 2013, 03:42:41 PM

There are still people who claim that 9/11 didn't happen, or was a controlled demoloition, and no amount of evidence will convince them otherwise. Likewise for the Moon landings. Every new piece of evidence is just something to be explained away with handwaving and ever more complex Ptolemaic models of the Solar System, and then ignored and conveniently forgotten about in the next discussion thread. Real Internet super-Herros they are.

Might have something to do with WTC7 bud...unless you really believe a small office fire can cause a steel framed skyscraper to enter physically impossible freefall and collapse on it's own footprint. If you do believe that, I'd like to sell you a bridge.

LOL Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
Yeah they may need a person like me so they look more real.
Until that moment comes I still say its a scam, or at least they are lying to some extend, just like BFL, and today a new delay was posted about batch 2. Why?

Seems the only proof you'll accept is for everyone at bitcoin foundation to drive their new 88Gh Avalon to your home, hook it up for you, and hash for you.

https://bitcoinfoundation.org/blog/?p=112

They exist man...get over it.

As to batch 2 they're still changing specs. This update occurred while I was typing what appears ^^ up there.

Modular Layout
Avalon units are capable of holding up to fourmultiple hashing modules. These modules are independent; three come preinstalled, one upgrade slot is available. and upgrade slot(s) is available.

The new spec seems to call for 6 slots and not 4.

Beepbop

View Profile
February 01, 2013, 04:20:32 PM

Might have something to do with WTC7 bud...
Might have something to do with WTC 1 and 2 not exactly falling in on their footprint, but more like throwing tons of debris into WTC 7, thus weakening it, and then setting it on fire. And then falling with no faster than Earth gravity would predict. If you want to take this to another thread, feel free. But for the purposes of this thread:
QED to my post, some people have fixed ideas and will never be convinced by any evidence.
tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4592
Merit: 1276

View Profile
February 01, 2013, 05:32:33 PM

For my part, I find the moon landing doubt rather absurd.  OTOH, the hypothesis that some Muslims in some caves half way around the world pulled off is 9/11 much much weaker then that it was organized largely by a handful of people who had significant influence over systems in the US.  Over the decade, the latter hypothesis is simply proven to be much better at explaining the observations of the event.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
Beepbop

View Profile
February 01, 2013, 05:52:29 PM

Terrorists - including the ones in this case - tend to be educated people and from the upper middle class. Their mindset might be from the Middle Ages, but their tactics and technology are not. Jews will be blamed for Bitcoin if it ever becomes successful. Mark my words.
creativex

Activity: 434

View Profile
February 01, 2013, 05:54:35 PM

Might have something to do with WTC7 bud...
Might have something to do with WTC 1 and 2 not exactly falling in on their footprint, but more like throwing tons of debris into WTC 7, thus weakening it, and then setting it on fire. And then falling with no faster than Earth gravity would predict. If you want to take this to another thread, feel free. But for the purposes of this thread:
QED to my post, some people have fixed ideas and will never be convinced by any evidence.

The idea of debris weakening it so it could fall directly through the path of greatest resistance(str8 down) at the maximum acceleration allowed by the earth's gravitational pull is so absurd I find it insulting that you even bothered to type it. How can tons and tons of steel and concrete offer ZERO resistance? The answer is painfully obvious btw. If that's all you got then there's no point in wasting a thread as claiming the laws of physics didn't apply that day is not evidence.

tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4592
Merit: 1276

View Profile
February 01, 2013, 06:31:47 PM

Jews will be blamed for Bitcoin if it ever becomes successful.

They'll probably be blamed if Bitcoin fails as well.  What can ya do?

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
superfastkyle

Activity: 437

View Profile
February 02, 2013, 07:16:22 AM

The thing that bothers me the most about this so called proof is, the reason most of you believe avalon delivered as fact is because a reputable member is telling you so. Have you not learned anything? From Bitcoinica's owners running off with a half million, pirate (who everyone vouched for) $5 million plus theft, theymos trying to sell worthless stock, Nefario's bullshit, Patrick's bullshit, Matthews bet failure. I don't believe anyone on this forum and I'm not going to start anytime soon.
Tamerz

Activity: 148
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 02, 2013, 07:24:15 AM

The thing that bothers me the most about this so called proof is, the reason most of you believe avalon delivered as fact is because a reputable member is telling you so. Have you not learned anything? From Bitcoinica's owners running off with a half million, pirate (who everyone vouched for) $5 million plus theft, theymos trying to sell worthless stock, Nefario's bullshit, Patrick's bullshit, Matthews bet failure. I don't believe anyone on this forum and I'm not going to start anytime soon.

I understand your point, but I think it was completely obvious that pirate was a ponzie scheme. Everyone seemed to know it, they just went with it due to greed. There was no technical reason to believe it was true. It was a straight up "just trust me".

The Avalon ASIC on the other hand does not seem far fetched by any means. The technology seems completely novice compared to the rest of the devices we see now days. It just took a lot of investment to make it even worth trying for this particular application.
king_pin

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2013, 04:46:57 PM

Might have something to do with WTC7 bud...unless you really believe a small office fire can cause a steel framed skyscraper to enter physically impossible freefall and collapse on it's own footprint. If you do believe that, I'd like to sell you a bridge.
I agree here totally btw. Smiley
Seems the only proof you'll accept is for everyone at bitcoin foundation to drive their new 88Gh Avalon to your home, hook it up for you, and hash for you.
And Nope they don't have to bring it, although I'd love that, Smiley just make a nice video showing everything (not some 23 second crap from a YouTube profile that was made the same day), or when someone else, who isn't on AVALON's payroll Smiley posts a nice video, or 10 people post crappy videos Cheesy

Justin00
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
February 02, 2013, 04:58:51 PM

I believe the little man that lives inside the fridge who turns the light on and off might also be in on the 'scam'.
Everyone PLEASE check your fridges today.

dust

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2013, 05:09:16 PM

The only people who vouched for pirate were in the "lending" business, ran PPTs, or were invested with pirate.
The Bitcoin Foundation and Jeff Garzik are much more trustworthy than any previous scammer.  When has a core dev scammed anyone, or vouched for a scammer?

I am willing to bet Avalon will deliver.  Want to take me up on it?

Cryptocoin Mining Info | OTC | PGP | Twitter | freenode: dust-otc | BTC: 1F6fV4U2xnpAuKtmQD6BWpK3EuRosKzF8U
firefop

Activity: 420

View Profile
February 02, 2013, 06:34:58 PM

Let's assume Jeff isn't in on it.

That still doesn't mean it's legit.

He's got a box with spinning fans - that he's pointed at a pool or bitcoind somewhere... whats to stop that machine from relaying this information to an fpga or gpu farm in wherever and them turning on the mining for him.

Sanity requires additional verification from multiple sources.

Until we ~300 users saying "hey I got mine and it's working right now" the jury is still out on Avalon.

RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
February 02, 2013, 09:13:57 PM

The amount of retardness on this forum is amaizing!

Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2013, 09:25:29 PM

911 controlled demolition: I believe.
Fake moon landings: I don't believe.
Face on Mars: I used to believe.
2012 doomsday: I never believed.
JFK having more than I one shooter: I believe.
Sandy Hook: 50/50 believe.
BFL delivers: 98.6% believe.
Avalon is not a scam: 98.6% believe.
theymos has sockpuppet(s) as mod(s): 50/50 believe. (apologies to theymos for this one)
king_pin

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2013, 09:38:02 PM

Fake moon landings: I don't believe, but some pics were modified.
Face on Mars: I don't believe.
2012 doomsday: I believed. Smiley
Sandy Hook: IDK what this is Cheesy
BFL delivers: 90% believe.
Avalon is not a scam: 90% believe.
But I believe that they are lying about what state of production they are in now. They have some crappy prototype, IDK if there are actually more than one, and they post pics of it, first with 3 than with 4 modules and a vid in which you cant actually see what is making those 80+GH/s

+American government knew about Perl Harbor: I believe

fcmatt
Legendary

Activity: 2072

View Profile
February 02, 2013, 10:29:39 PM

Let's assume Jeff isn't in on it.

That still doesn't mean it's legit.

He's got a box with spinning fans - that he's pointed at a pool or bitcoind somewhere... whats to stop that machine from relaying this information to an fpga or gpu farm in wherever and them turning on the mining for him.

Sanity requires additional verification from multiple sources.

Until we ~300 users saying "hey I got mine and it's working right now" the jury is still out on Avalon.

Agreed.

If BitSynCom has indeed been shipping ~12 units/day since 20 Jan-- some units should start arriving in Customers' hands soon.

It would be very unfortunate if BitSynCom is simply using jgarzik and the bitcoin foundation to garner more trust just in aim to take more Batch #2 orders with no intent to deliver anything at all...

Time will tell.

Nah. He delivered a working device. It is not vaporware. He has delivered 3 diff products now. He is legit.
cedivad (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1176

View Profile
February 02, 2013, 10:51:19 PM

Fake moon landings: I don't believe. => me, unsure
Face on Mars: I used to believe. => never belived
2012 doomsday: I never believed.
Avalon is not a scam: 98.6% believe.

God, we are the same...

My anger against what is wrong in the Bitcoin community is productive:
Bitcointa.lk - Replace "Bitcointalk.org" with "Bitcointa.lk" in this url to see how this page looks like on a proper forum (Announcement Thread)
Hashfast.org - Wiki for screwed customers
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: