Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 03:31:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Save Bitcoin: Ditch Blockstream and switch to Classic  (Read 1399 times)
tobacco123

Activity: 552
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 14, 2016, 05:06:37 AM

Classic is gaining some momentum and hopeful will turn into something significant.

When I look at what my client connects to, there often is one classic node but rarely two and often none. Usually there is one. Same for core 0.12.0 (what I run)

Lot of nodes running 0.11.x core.

I think a lot of nodes haven't decided if they want to go core 0.12.x or classic yet.

I don't think it is fair to say either is gaining momentum.

I think adoption comes in waves. The first wave is in and we are waiting for the next wave (bigger) to happen.

If blocksize debate is going no-where, the halving will not in anywhere increase the value of bitcoins.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Jet Cash
Legendary

Activity: 2716
Merit: 2456

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2016, 05:10:22 AM

Classic reminds me of the Black Lives Matter movement. Next we will see r/btc  filled with rants of how core is racist and blockstream was responsible for 9/11

Nah! core is paedophilic - fiddling with poor innocent underage nodes. Smiley

I've got a Bitcoin unlimited node in my peer list, is that gaining acceptance?

Offgrid campers allow you to enjoy life and preserve your health and wealth.
Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
My new Bitcoin transfer address is - bc1q9gtz8e40en6glgxwk4eujuau2fk5wxrprs6fys
elokk

Activity: 723
Merit: 519

View Profile
March 14, 2016, 05:14:12 AM

instead of debating the blocksize limit, maybe we should start requiring the mining pools to mine blocks that include transactions.

t.me/bitcoinasic
elokk

View Profile
March 14, 2016, 05:19:21 AM

I will upgrade my node to classic once Gavin and Brian Armstrong reveal that Core developers are working with ISIS.

t.me/bitcoinasic
AliceWonderMiscreations

Activity: 182
Merit: 107

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2016, 05:20:18 AM

instead of debating the blocksize limit, maybe we should start requiring the mining pools to mine blocks that include transactions.

Won't work, they would just add transactions that pay themselves.

I hereby reserve the right to sometimes be wrong
UngratefulTony

Activity: 115
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 14, 2016, 05:21:43 AM

Instead of opining like you know what you're talking about... maybe you should research why those coinbase only/0 tx blocks are all under a minute in duration. And why that is an argument for miners setting their own soft limits on the sizes of their blocks... like they did for the last 6 years. These blocks are basically miners deciding to not shut down their farm for the first minute after a block is solved... once the previous block is verified, they will start including transactions.

If bitcoin is more centralized, they could have a separate channel to include tx only they know about.
AliceWonderMiscreations

Activity: 182
Merit: 107

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2016, 05:22:14 AM

I will upgrade my node to classic once Gavin and Brian Armstrong reveal that Core developers are working with ISIS.

Actually, they are working with KAOS but Agent 99 is on it.

I hereby reserve the right to sometimes be wrong
elokk

View Profile
March 14, 2016, 05:33:55 AM
Last edit: March 14, 2016, 05:58:39 AM by elokk

Instead of opining like you know what you're talking about... maybe you should research why those coinbase only/0 tx blocks are all under a minute in duration. And why that is an argument for miners setting their own soft limits on the sizes of their blocks... like they did for the last 6 years. These blocks are basically miners deciding to not shut down their farm for the first minute after a block is solved... once the previous block is verified, they will start including transactions.

If bitcoin is more centralized, they could have a separate channel to include tx only they know about.

sounds like a shit excuse to run crap code on a pool.

t.me/bitcoinasic
UngratefulTony

Activity: 115
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 14, 2016, 05:47:23 AM

sounds like a shit excuse to run crap code on a pool.

Shoulda hired you, I guess.
elokk

View Profile
March 14, 2016, 05:56:58 AM

I don't think we can hire anyone to save bitcoin now that Hearn has left. Time to sell and buy ethereum like a good lemming  Tongue

t.me/bitcoinasic
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
March 14, 2016, 07:16:30 AM

why we should switch to classic when core offer the same exact thing plus other bunch of useful stuff that will increase the capacity  anyway

2mb is coming for core too, within one year, but it is coming, so classic is obsolete
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: