Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 03:56:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [RESOLVED] Is CampBX a ripoff?  (Read 16184 times)
Jcw188

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

Carpe Diem

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 06:58:39 PM

I stand by an accusation I made about Campbx that was never resolved.  I tried to withdraw via money order and they would not pay me, PERIOD, over several months.  They came up with excuse after excuse, including giving me FIRM dates they would pay me by, but never did.  And this was for like $400 only!  I ended up having to cancel the money order request, re-buy BTC and then use the, presumably, automated withdrawal of BTC to another exchange.  This place is trash and you'd have to be stupid to keep any amount there.

████▄██████████▄
███▄████████████
▄███▀
████
████
████
▀███▄
███▀████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██████████▄
████████████
███████████▀███▄
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
▀███▄███████████
████████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██▄█████████▄██▄
▀████▄█████▄████▀
▀████▄▄████▀
███████████
▄███▀█████▀███▄
█████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
▀███████████████▀

▄███████████████▄
█████████████████
████▀███▀██████▀
███████▄█████▀
████▄▄██████████▄
▀▀██████▀███████
▄██████▄███▄████
█████▀██████████
▀██▀███▀████████▀

████▄███████████
████████████████
▄███▀███████████
███████████████
██████████████
████████████████
███████████▄███▀
████████████
▀██████████▀
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████
|
Listed
on
BINANCE
KUCOIN
Gate.io
|

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
CRServers

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2014, 01:31:52 AM

Hello Jcw188,

I'm sorry to hear you became another victim of CampBX ...   Angry

My story was similar, I had to change my remaining dollars back BTC again to get at least some of my money out of there.
I lost $3,000 USD with CampBX (alias Keyur @ Camp BX https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=15102).
The funds that I transferred to my account using their ACH service "got lost" and never got to my bank account.
Support is nonexistent  Undecided  ... and I think they want it that way.
It seems they selectively scam "vulnerable" customers constanly when possible.
My sincere recomendation to all BTC traders: Stay away from CampBX!

Sincerely,

dscotese

Activity: 444
Merit: 250

I prefer evolution to revolution.

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2014, 02:38:07 AM

Hello Jcw188,

I'm sorry to hear you became another victim of CampBX ...   Angry

My story was similar, I had to change my remaining dollars back BTC again to get at least some of my money out of there.
I lost $3,000 USD with CampBX (alias Keyur @ Camp BX https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=15102).
The funds that I transferred to my account using their ACH service "got lost" and never got to my bank account.
Support is nonexistent  Undecided  ... and I think they want it that way.
It seems they selectively scam "vulnerable" customers constanly when possible.
My sincere recomendation to all BTC traders: Stay away from CampBX!

Sincerely,

Both of you do a disservice to the community by making these claims without substantiation.  Yourselves too.  I put a lot of credit in the idea that "they selectively scam "vulnerable" customers constanly when possible," but "vulnerable" is the wrong word.  The correct word is "quiet," which is what both of you are being.  If you got scammed, and you're unwilling to publish evidence of it, then everything is fine in my world, and I'm not really sorry for you.  Here's why:

If you got scammed, you have the opportunity to either recover your losses, or prove once and for all that Keyur is a criminal.  To take advantage of this opportunity, all you need to do is publish your evidence right here in this thread.  Publish a reasonable interest rate for CampBX to pay for it's slowness, and see if the community backs you up.  You could also charge campBX a fee for the work it forced you to undertake to recover your losses, whatever they were.  Example:
campBX has owed me $xx for D days, and at Y% daily interest since then, I'm now out $(xx*(1+D*Y)).  Following is proof of these claims which took me T hours to compile, and that's worth about $cc to me.  To make things right campBX will have to provide me with a credit of $(xx+cc), increased by (xx*Y) for each day after today that it takes them to pay up.

If you did NOT get scammed, then you're just attacking campBX for no good reason.

So please stop being lazy, or, if you're just lying, admit it and knock it off.

I like to provide some work at no charge to prove my valueAvoid supporting terrorism!
Satoshi Nakamoto: "He ought to find it more profitable to play by the rules."
CRServers

Activity: 49

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2014, 05:58:20 PM

Hello dscotese,

My case is well documented when I made my claim some months ago, please see my post here:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=514176.msg6156294#msg6156294

No, I'm not lazy and am not trying to hurt anybody just for the "fun of it"
It did happen to me, and I did loose money with CampBX

I'm too busy running my business to be looking around how to hurt people's reputations.
But, by keeping quiet I'm not helping anybody else, so I had to talk.

Take my experience, believe it or not, and draw your own conclusions.
Best regards,

dscotese

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2014, 07:24:23 PM

My case is well documented when I made my claim some months ago, please see my post here:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=514176.msg6156294#msg6156294

Sorry man, but the thread you created is exactly as I described: lacking evidence of wrongdoing by campBX.  Screenshots, transcripts of conversations, whatever.  Paint a detailed picture.  No one ever has.  I suspect the reason is that campBX is slow and very careful not to get scammed by people who actually are scammers and who would post material exactly like what you have posted.

So perhaps now you understand the problem a little better.  The public needs strong evidence.  We are waiting for you, but not counting on you any more, nor any other alleged victim of campBX.  If that exchange should be shuttered for malfeasance, no one here has provided good evidence of it, and that is very sad.

I like to provide some work at no charge to prove my valueAvoid supporting terrorism!
Geremia

Activity: 502
Merit: 251

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2014, 03:51:07 AM

Screenshots, transcripts of conversations, whatever.  Paint a detailed picture.  No one ever has.
I've posted a chat transcript here.

BTC tip jar | my BTC wiki, BTC StackExchange | Tox ID: 65C3E8810738AD9D175234808FCB317A1103632903436203D45411AE97C03F54C34861AB6663
Join Kraken. | The best, free book on Bitcoin: Mastering Bitcoin
Nos cum prole pia benedicat Virgo Maria.
dscotese

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2014, 07:42:12 PM

Screenshots, transcripts of conversations, whatever.  Paint a detailed picture.  No one ever has.
I've posted a chat transcript here.
I altered the link to point to the chat you had yesterday.  This is excellent evidence of slowness, which is very much like but not exactly the same as scamming.  Thank you for the details.  I think this will help everyone determine whether or not they want to do business with campBX, and perhaps warn people about expiring addresses and also about sending transactions without paying any fee.

If a transaction is ignored the first time it gets seen by the network, I think it has to be re-broadcast to try again.  The standard client does that, AFAIK, but I thought it also includes the fee by default.  If you broadcast the Tx and then shut down your client, that could explain the extra long delay.  But I'm getting into reasons for campBX to charge you a fee, so I'll be quiet now.

Good luck!

ayayay

Activity: 260

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 08:29:32 PM

I appear to be another victim-- bitcoins locked with zero customer support--  bitcoins locked for over one week.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ Blockchain-based credit card payments for legal marijuana. ▬▬
...GREENMED.IO... ❱❱❱  facebook  ❱❱❱  twitter  ❱❱❱  slack  ❱❱❱ ......PRE-ICO | September4th, 2017
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ WHITEPAPER ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
dscotese

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2014, 08:39:20 PM

Hi Ayayay,

Since the suggestions I made earlier have not been taken up by CampBX, I'm interested in seeing bitcointalk become the standard customer service portal for them so that everything is more out in the open.  If that effort bears fruit, one strong effect will be that campBX will learn much more quickly how important it is to stay in touch with customers.  So...

How long did you have this problem with CampBX before you found this thread and posted to it?  I'm thinking it might be wise to post here on the same day that you contact support.

ayayay

Activity: 260

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 09:29:25 PM

one week

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ Blockchain-based credit card payments for legal marijuana. ▬▬
...GREENMED.IO... ❱❱❱  facebook  ❱❱❱  twitter  ❱❱❱  slack  ❱❱❱ ......PRE-ICO | September4th, 2017
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ WHITEPAPER ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
gangplankk

Activity: 39

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 12:56:23 AM

I was just about to consider them, but guess not  Roll Eyes
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]  All
  Print  

Jump to: