Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 04:31:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Simple questions about Ethereum nobody can answer !!!  (Read 2916 times)
Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009

View Profile
March 16, 2016, 06:17:31 PM

Really - so you think it is "professional" to use a "root" restricted port in your software do you?

Yes, when there is a reason to do so.
CIYAM
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1078

Ian Knowles - CIYAM Lead Developer

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2016, 06:18:52 PM

Really - so you think it is "professional" to use a "root" restricted port in your software do you?

And that is?

(please enlighten us all)

With CIYAM anyone can create 100% generated C++ web applications in literally minutes.

GPG Public Key | 1ciyam3htJit1feGa26p2wQ4aw6KFTejU
hv_
Legendary

Activity: 2520
Merit: 1055

Clean Code and Scale

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2016, 06:20:03 PM

And that is?

..Popcorn...

Carpe diem  -  understand the White Paper and mine honest.
Fix real world issues: Check out b-vote.com
The simple way is the genius way - Satoshi's Rules: humana veris _
CIYAM
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2016, 06:20:56 PM

..Popcorn...

He won't bother to answer the question as he actually can't (as there is no justifiable reason to do such a thing at all).

He fucked up and is now unable to admit it.

With CIYAM anyone can create 100% generated C++ web applications in literally minutes.

Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

View Profile
March 16, 2016, 06:22:03 PM

And that is?

Check in Iota thread, someone already asked that.

Now regarding your professionalism - is there a proof that you are whom you pretend to be? Code or your name mentioned in credits? Maybe you always worked alone, in this case I can get why you don't know how a typical programming workflow looks.
hv_
Legendary

Activity: 2520
Merit: 1055

Clean Code and Scale

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2016, 06:22:42 PM

..Popcorn...

He won't bother to answer the question as he actually can't (as there is no justifiable reason to do such a thing at all).

He fucked up and is now unable to admit it.

Sorry, if I brocke that up. 😀

Carpe diem  -  understand the White Paper and mine honest.
Fix real world issues: Check out b-vote.com
The simple way is the genius way - Satoshi's Rules: humana veris _
CIYAM
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2016, 06:23:01 PM

And that is?

Check in Iota thread, someone already asked that.

Just as I predicted - you cannot answer it (only a fucking coward would resort to telling others they should search your own topic for an answer to a simple question).

Now go and check your scam coin topic and find your answer and post it please (we are all waiting now and would be rather disappointed if you didn't do that).

(again - he won't - because he can't)

I have proven that you are not even capable of doing basic software development you idiot. Cheesy

Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

View Profile
March 16, 2016, 06:26:13 PM

Just as I predicted - you cannot answer it.

Dare to put your money where your mouth is? 50 BTC bet that it has already been answered? No escrow to speed this up, you have not scammed me yet, so I can trust you.
CIYAM
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2016, 06:26:51 PM

Just as I predicted - you cannot answer it.

Dare to put your money where your mouth is? 50 BTC bet that it has already been answered? No escrow to speed this up, you have not scammed me yet, so I can trust you.

Stop with the silliness already and "post your answer" (so I can show others why it is rubbish).

(of course I have no doubt you'll try and come up with some bullshit answer as that is what you always do)

Or are you so fucking gutless that you are going to hide behind "unless we have a 50 BTC bet I won't show my answer"?

Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

View Profile
March 16, 2016, 06:28:39 PM

Stop with the silliness already and "post your answer" (so I can show others why it is rubbish).

(of course I have no doubt you'll try and come up with some bullshit answer as that is what you always do)

Either accept the bet or I'll put you in the same category as altcoinUK and act accordingly.
CIYAM
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2016, 06:29:45 PM

Or are you so fucking gutless that you are going to hide behind "unless we have a 50 BTC bet I won't show my answer"?

Amazing - I predicted what you would type in advance. Cheesy

Fucking troll who can't code for shit - you just lost!

(yes - if you were stupid enough to buy into his latest scam coin your "guru" is not even capable of writing half-decent software as I've just shown)

Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

View Profile
March 16, 2016, 06:34:10 PM

(yes - if you were stupid enough to buy into his latest scam coin your "guru" is not even capable of writing half-decent software)

So, Ian Knowles, you have just shown what your words are worth. Fine, I'll add the recent posts into favorites in case if someone asks me why I treat you the same way as I do altcoinUK the Liar.
CIYAM
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2016, 06:35:32 PM

(yes - if you were stupid enough to buy into his latest scam coin your "guru" is not even capable of writing half-decent software)

So, Ian Knowles, you have just shown what your words are worth. Fine, I'll add the recent posts into favorites in case if someone asks me why I treat you the same way as I do altcoinUK the Liar.

Again - if you had an explanation for hard-coding a port number less than 1025 in your "reference client" that wouldn't actually be very complicated to explain - would it?

But not for you - instead you have to be vague and then demand a 50 BTC bet simply because you are a scammer and can't actually answer a simple question.

Unfortunately your ego is now what is working against you and your scam coin (as it did with Nxt before). You have been "found out" for a very obvious and stupid mistake yet refuse to admit it was a mistake (that is your fragile little ego being dented by reality).

Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

View Profile
March 16, 2016, 06:37:31 PM

Again - if you had an explanation for hard-coding a port number less than 1025 in your "reference client" that wouldn't actually be very complicated to explain - would it?

But not for you - instead you have to be vague and then demand a 50 BTC bet simply because you are a scammer and can't actually answer a simple question.

Keep making excuses, it will change nothing. Now I'm leaving you alone without your bottle.
CIYAM
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2016, 06:38:12 PM

Keep making excuses, it will change nothing. Now I'm leaving you alone without your bottle.

Again - no answer - and just insults (thought you were supposed to be the polite one weren't you?).

Let's expand this into a new topic shall we?

(I'll be happy to provide your non-investors with more information about your programming ability)

useless eater

Activity: 94
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 16, 2016, 06:40:45 PM

oh, to be young again...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=veIs0TQyaaM#t=2m1s
CIYAM
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2016, 07:02:05 PM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1400837.0

Gyrsur
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 1520

Bitcoin Legal Tender Countries: 2 of 206

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2016, 09:16:00 PM
Last edit: March 16, 2016, 09:29:49 PM by Gyrsur

which port?

https://www.iana.org/assignments/service-names-port-numbers/service-names-port-numbers.xml

EDIT: 999 is already taken

EDIT2:

I don't understand why would you choose the default port to be value below 1024 which means you cannot run this on unix system without super user privileges.

Even when I change the port in the config file, it still tries to bind to 999 so the server crashes.

You probably changed the api port.

API runs over 999 TCP per default, unless you change in your config file, nodes exchange data ( transactions, messages ) over 999 udp.
Thats why it tries to bind to 999.

Are you stupid or what? That's the issue ... the software should not run on a port which requires root privilege.

Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

View Profile
March 16, 2016, 09:20:20 PM

Stop derailing this thread.

The explanation was simple:
I don't understand why would you choose the default port to be value below 1024 which means you cannot run this on unix system without super user privileges.

Even when I change the port in the config file, it still tries to bind to 999 so the server crashes.

Java Security Manager is PITA, if you run Java app with reduced privileges be ready to face a lot of unexpected problems caused by JSM. Being a reference implementation, IRI has as much error handling stripped out as possible. Together with JSM in paranoic mode this would make the testing a nightmare.

Port in the config file is for API only.

Now let's get back on topic.
CIYAM
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2016, 02:49:05 AM

Java Security Manager is PITA, if you run Java app with reduced privileges be ready to face a lot of unexpected problems caused by JSM.

So you have disabled the security *on purpose* because of your poor coding skills.

Cheesy

Thanks for admitting to everyone that you are a "coding clown".

(and it was you who derailed this topic in the first place - feel free to defend your poor coding skills in the new topic I created just for this purpose)

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: