Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 05:17:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: A teen is given $1K to invest into Bitcoin - what would you recommend for them?  (Read 9520 times)
coinplus
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1058

View Profile
March 17, 2016, 09:56:23 AM

If this teen is from America, he can buy things from purse.io by bitcoin with the discount they offer and then sell them locally for their full price. this will be a good arbitrage trade with not mush risk
Wow! nice Idea, it is a kind of attractive job and it not need any special skill and experience to start it, as nowadays everyone is well expert in buying and selling, if it proved successful then he/she can open his/her shop with it.
mixan
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

TRUMP IS DOING THE BEST! MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!

View Profile
March 17, 2016, 09:59:06 AM

If this teen is from America, he can buy things from purse.io by bitcoin with the discount they offer and then sell them locally for their full price. this will be a good arbitrage trade with not mush risk
Wow! nice Idea, it is a kind of attractive job and it not need any special skill and experience to start it, as nowadays everyone is well expert in buying and selling, if it proved successful then he/she can open his/her shop with it.
Only problem with that idea is you need to find and then wait for the buyers to purchase the products you have in your inventory. That money you spend could be used toward other things or even gaining interest elsewhere.

The parasite hates three things: free markets, free will, and free men.
SebastianJu
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2016, 10:04:47 AM

I really think that parent should go at it slowly. Give 100 USD in bitcoin, then 200 USD... and see what the teenager is doing with it. If he spends it right away... well the parent can decide to stop payments. If he tries to invest then see if he chose wisely. If he trades and lose it all then he only lost 10% of the 1000 USD.

it depends on the person and the age you are calling "teen".

for example i am comparing it with myself back when i "came of age" ~18 if i was given $1000 i would never waste it. i knew how to invest it and make more out of it by then.
p.s i already had around $1000 in my bank account by then Smiley

It's not so much about he being a teenager. The thing is that he most likely will be totally inexperienced. I was older when I received a good amount of money and I did not know how to deal with it simply because I did not learn it before. So wonder what happened... bad investments and trades. It's all about having experience.

And besides that, you might be someone who already was interested in the topic. But the teen might be one not liking to sit at the computer, playing around outside. So it's questionable that he would do it then suddenly. If so then it really would be smarter to start slow because inexperience in the bitcoin world... everyone knows by now... is very deadly.

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.
Cyber.R

Activity: 57
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 17, 2016, 10:05:55 AM

I would recommend him to save it and use it in future to start a business.
Dossis

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 17, 2016, 10:06:42 AM

I'd say that just buy as much you can BTC before upcoming halving.
lolxxxx
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1032

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2016, 10:15:48 AM

Let's say a young teenager is given some coming-of-age money from their family, and is interested in growing that money through Bitcoin. Without encouraging him/her to invest in risky strategies, what are some lower risk methods of growing a Bitcoin portfolio with a hypothetical gift of $1K?

First of all i hope that teenager would be me .
Second if anyone give that amount to invest in bitcoins then i suggest him to buy bitcoins at low ratw and hold them and wait for the price to increase as the price increase sell your coins and you make profit.
Also you can invest your coins in trading but it is a bit tricky you need luck and strategy.

I really think that parent should go at it slowly. Give 100 USD in bitcoin, then 200 USD... and see what the teenager is doing with it. If he spends it right away... well the parent can decide to stop payments. If he tries to invest then see if he chose wisely. If he trades and lose it all then he only lost 10% of the 1000 USD.

it depends on the person and the age you are calling "teen".

for example i am comparing it with myself back when i "came of age" ~18 if i was given $1000 i would never waste it. i knew how to invest it and make more out of it by then.
p.s i already had around $1000 in my bank account by then Smiley

It's not so much about he being a teenager. The thing is that he most likely will be totally inexperienced. I was older when I received a good amount of money and I did not know how to deal with it simply because I did not learn it before. So wonder what happened... bad investments and trades. It's all about having experience.

And besides that, you might be someone who already was interested in the topic. But the teen might be one not liking to sit at the computer, playing around outside. So it's questionable that he would do it then suddenly. If so then it really would be smarter to start slow because inexperience in the bitcoin world... everyone knows by now... is very deadly.

Totally agrees with SebastianJu.
xuan87
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 17, 2016, 10:50:41 AM

actually there are no low risk investment in bitcoin, all investment in bitcoin is high risk, it better just keep them in the wallet and when the price is right just sell it

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░██████████████████████░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████████████████░░░░
░░░░░░░░░█████████░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░
░░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████░░
░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████░░
░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████░██████░
░░░░░░░██████░░░░░█░░░░░████████░██████░
░░░░░░░███████░░░███░░░████░░███░██████░
░░░░░░░███████░░██░██░████░░███░░█████░░
░░░░░░░░██████░░██░░█░███░░███░░██████░░
░░░░░░░░░███████░██░█░█░░░███░░██████░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░██████░███░░░███░░░█████░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░██░░████░░░░░░██░░░██████░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░████░░░░░██████░░░█████░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░███░░░█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░██████░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
▂▂ ▃▃ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ TeraWATT █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▃▃ ▂▂
Global LED Adoption Through Blockchain Technology
≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒『ICO IS LIVE』≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒
WEBSITE』『WHITEPAPER
≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒
TWITTER』『TELEGRAM
lixer

Activity: 2520
Merit: 586

View Profile
March 17, 2016, 01:00:14 PM

The best and safest way is just by holding it and wait til the price increase, because the teen wouldn't lose anything and the price would definitely increase.
Yes it the time to hold your bitcoin, as the price is increasing and within a few months due to halving the price will boost and I think will double up. So it will prove a good business and during that time he have to spend some time to learn other ways of earning.

parthack9

Activity: 106
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 17, 2016, 04:50:35 PM

I think investing around 400 dollars from it and buying one bitcoin, and then using that bitcoin in trading for USD or simply holding it for a price increase, if the price improves which is somewhat likely with bitcoin volatility it will be some profit to start building on..
dragonchopper9

Activity: 361
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 17, 2016, 04:58:41 PM

If someone has around 1k to put in bitcoin and is ready to risk that amount of money then.
-Buying some bitcoins and holding around %50 of it for price improvement
-Wait for the halving and after it buying some cheaper equipments for mining IMO "not sure about this though since mining can be less profitable overall".

▄▄█████████▄▄
       ▄████▀▀       ▀▀████▄
     ▄██▀▀               ▀▀██▄
    ██▀                    ████
   ██                     ███▀██
  ██                    ▄██▀   ██
 ██                    ▄██      ██
██▀                  ▄██▀      ▄███
██                  ▄██      ▄██▀██
██                 ██▀    ▄███▀  ██
██               ▄██▀   ▄██▀     ██
██▄             ▄██  ▄███▀      ▄██
 ██           ▄██▀ ▄██▀         ██
  ██         ▄██▄███▀          ██
   ██       █████▀            ██
    ██▄   ▄████▀            ▄██
     ▀██▄███▀            ▄▄██▀
       ▀████▄▄       ▄▄████▀
           ▀▀█████████▀▀
L I V E T R E E   A D E P T TM
Own the future of entertainment
The World's 1st Community-Powered,
Film, TV and Content Network  ★
clarkgeneral86

Activity: 1043
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 17, 2016, 05:06:08 PM

Bitcoin is highly volatile and hence you can earn decent amount, a few 100$ a month just by closely monitoring the rise and fall; think of it as current intraday stock trading.
sishendaoye

Activity: 434

View Profile
March 17, 2016, 05:08:02 PM

I would recommend him to just buy some bitcoins and than with his money he still has left, take back to his account.
So you got some money for other things and are investing on the same moment in the bitcoin itself.
SebastianJu
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2016, 07:38:30 PM

If someone has around 1k to put in bitcoin and is ready to risk that amount of money then.
-Buying some bitcoins and holding around %50 of it for price improvement
-Wait for the halving and after it buying some cheaper equipments for mining IMO "not sure about this though since mining can be less profitable overall".

Mining will practically bring in half the reward after the halving. So no, it would surely not be a good idea to buy mining hardware after the halving.

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.
Meuh6879
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1011

View Profile
March 17, 2016, 11:57:18 PM

what are some lower risk methods of growing a Bitcoin portfolio with a hypothetical gift of $1K?

buy and hold.

controlled supply do the job ... very well over the time.
jeffthebaker
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1034

View Profile
March 18, 2016, 12:10:18 AM

This is actually a major flaw with Bitcoin right now- there is very little investment opportunity. Investment spending is a great way to grow an economy, and in Bitcoin's case, the price and overall market value of it. Unfortunately, it's hard for anyone outside of investment firms to make safe Bitcoin-related investments at this point in time.
rio3233

Activity: 434

View Profile
March 18, 2016, 12:15:01 AM

what are some lower risk methods of growing a Bitcoin portfolio with a hypothetical gift of $1K?

buy and hold.

controlled supply do the job ... very well over the time.

Yes i agree with you. For young teen, better to invest on easy way because young teen don't have any experience about investment and not ready for "real" investment.
knowhow

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 18, 2016, 12:21:19 AM

I doubt a yong girl would be stoped hours at pc just watching altcoins and searching or doing signatures,the best option as its a young girl is just buy bitcoin and hold it the halving should bring a good interest as over the years the price must and should go up and hit the 1000 dollars and be stable above that value.
RealPhotoshoper
Legendary

Activity: 1050

View Profile
March 18, 2016, 12:51:29 AM

Let's say a young teenager is given some coming-of-age money from their family, and is interested in growing that money through Bitcoin. Without encouraging him/her to invest in risky strategies, what are some lower risk methods of growing a Bitcoin portfolio with a hypothetical gift of $1K?
is this just imagine?or in real life this is happen?
lets say its really happen,i would suggest that teenager for keep his bitcoins in wallet,and wait for price increase,i think this is the simple way to get profit,teenager is not too smart for trading or choosing legit investement site or place.
jacktheking
Legendary

Activity: 1484

Personal Text Space Not For Sale

View Profile
March 18, 2016, 01:25:32 AM

I'd recommend him to start a faucet. Spend 50 USD to buy a cheap but good hosting plan. Next, 50 USD hiring a coder (assuming he/she have no programming knowledge) to code a very unique and good faucet (not off-the-shelve script). Spend another 50 USD for SEO. To rocket off the newly created faucet, put in another 50 USD for advertising. He/she should start breaking profit after giving out 100 USD to his/her faucet users. 300 USD and he can get a somewhat steady income. Smiley.

Well I guess when he has to ask for 10 USD then he surely has no 150 USD to spend on developing and advertising a faucet service.

And I think most faucets fail. I'm not sure if it only happens because their admins are not working properly on it though.

Huh? I don't understand. Yes most faucets fail in a month or two. However having a unique faucet design and features will make you stand out. Hence lasting you longer. For my own site, I am on a negative profit since started 6 months ago. However, it is slowly gaining traffic everyday. I will be able break profit in a few more months. Smiley.

So sad! This profile does not appear as the #1 result (on anonymous) Google searches anymore.

Time to be active on the crypto forums again? Proud to be one of the few Legendary members of the Sparkie Red Dot!

Gonna put this on my resume if I ever join a cryptocurrency/blockchain industry!
qiwoman2
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1023

Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron

View Profile
March 18, 2016, 07:10:21 AM

I would just advise him to hold 50% then find some good bitcoin startups that might have a future to invest the other half but that is still quite risky. I don't know if there is a bitcoin hedge fund around but if there was that would also be a good place to stash some bitcoin for his future.

█▀█ █ █▄▀ █▀█ █▀ ░ █▀▀ ▄▀█ █▀ █░█
█▄█ █ █░█ █▄█ ▄█ ▄ █▄▄ █▀█ ▄█ █▀█

DeFi on Tron
and trustless token exchange
█████

█████

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

JOIN OIKOS

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████
    █
    █